Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81396 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by stanliwise(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
espn:
I shake my head more...He got to power through godfatherism...when the foundation is shaky...expect the structure built on it to collapse too...
should we be concerned or play by their rule. The mode he got in one thing. But as we the citizen, we should judge our candidates by their deed. Let’s stop following party and their shenanigans.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
alezzy13:
Na wa o. How these people take get all these documents? Are these not confidential
Obaseki is a public servant so anything about him is not meant to be confidential. He isn't just an ordinary civil servant. He is the governor of a state for crying out loud. The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act is there for you to invoke when you need to get any information about a public servant.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by pfadom: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why make unnecessary notice when you have a questionable profile? Obaseki has lost it all and I see him being prosecuted for forgery at the end of his tenure.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by royalfly(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tareq1105:

Sorry o, it's like you're in pain over this.

Sincerely I am in great pain over my people inability to see the truth. This whole nonsense is dragging the development of this state back. This country needs deliverance and na arch bishop benson Idahosa na him go wake up from grave to do am.. genuine potential is wasting, poverty driving youths to unexplainable crimes. Though poverty should be never be an excuse to crime but see! This country need total overhauling.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by deavicky(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Imagine all this idiots of our leaders never went to school. No wonder this country is retrogressing.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by j1mmy: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
It runs in the political family, the APC president has no secondary school certificate let alone Degree!
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DeRay98(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Gforce2015:
Can you imagine how Nigeria usually placed mediocre ahead of intelligent students....
Obaseki is a poor student in school but because of his family influence, he piloted to the top of the political ladder in his state.
Just imagine if all what we do in Nigeria is based on merit, Nigeria could have been better than what it's today. It is only in Nigeria that all our political leaders will always certificate issues...i haven't heard this before in another country.
Not.until we do it right, we will always be turning around at the spot and we will be thinking we are making progress.
Edo State is full of intelligent people with a proven track record and good grades in school throughout their career life..why can they call one of them to be the governor? Instead of this 3 credits certificated governor...what a shame to the people of Edo State!/

Stupidity and ignorance dey worry you.
Since when did Obaseki family become politicians or had say in Edo politics?
Where did you see his family involved in the political atmosphere of Edo that empowered him into political office?
Una go just yarn kpoa kpoa like corn wey dey roast for fire.
No dey talk wetin you no know ... angry
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by espn(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
stanliwise:
should we be concerned or play by their rule. The mode he got in one thing. But as we the citizen, we should judge our candidates by their deed. Let’s stop following party and their shenanigans.
Please answer this quick one...
Let's say MR A got admission to a university using fake result and details with the help of MR B(REGISTRA). MR Ais one of the best student in his department or faculty. MR A fell out with MR B...MR B decided to blackmail him. Are you saying the school authority should ignore the fact that MR A got admitted with failed credentials because he is one of the best student in the school?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
juman:
Common.
I believe the governor has A Level certificate.

But his political style is wrong.
He could have done some things differently from oshiomhole style without trying to destroy the party.
Then where is the A'Level result/certificate? Have you seen it in the public space as you've seen his other certificates? Why would someone present an attestation letter from Institute of Continuing Education, Benin signifying that he attended A' Level lessons there and refuse to present the result he got in the A' Level exams he wrote after the lessons. Where's the sense in that and which is more important.. A'Level Lesson attestation letter or A'Level certificate? He also neither talked about any A'Level result among the documents that got missing in the affidavit he deposed for his first term nor did he present it at all to show that also wasn't missing. Shouldn't that raise eyebrows to any logical mind?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
What role have WASCE and the university of Ibadan played in verifying the qualification fraud? Have they been contacted in making the decisions?

And if the ex-governor actually falsified his qualifications, what are legal implications of that, aside from party disqualification?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DeRay98(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
pfadom:
Why make unnecessary notice when you have a questionable profile? Obaseki has lost it all and I see him being prosecuted for forgery at the end of his tenure.

What forgery Sir?
Did university of Ibadan deny that he didn't get his degree there?
The only problem he's stock with is he's not being able to provide his A/level HSC certificate(the only missing link) which he like many students do often, failed to collect once he gained university admission.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
spirul77:
wahala, this is what you've resulted to? From EDO is not Lagos? I thought you said obaseki will teach oshiomhole a lesson? Oshiomhole is from EDO north and that is the second biggest after EDO south which is the binis, the smallest is EDO central, the esans, were I'm from, stop lying bro.
The binis and esans are solidly behind anybody that works and don't play politics along religious or ethnic lines, how do you expect the esans to Vote a governor that doesn't have a single project in the land? What project does obaseki has to campaign in esanland during campaign? Seems you don't even kNow the esans are planning to stone him whenever he comes canvassing for campaign again, edos are wise and don't do politics of ethnic and religion, oshiomhole showed EDO state the light in govenonace and loved and reverenced in nooks and crannies of EDO, they love him and he's the first and only governor to win 18/18 local govt in guber election in EDO, obaseki is gone, very far gone.
Don't mind the guy you quoted. He is an Igbo guy trying to explain the politics and demography of Edo state to full-fledged Edo indigenes. Imagine the stupidity. That's how some of them have been behaving all along this Oshiomhole-Obaseki saga.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
this is just game playing.
all that matters is the schools you attended.

how you graduated does not matter.
these people are just joking around and obstructing who they want to obstruct.
wetin concern these people if he used O/levels to finish a 3-year programme? maybe na connection they give am or special entrance. they do it to some people in those days
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
DeRay98:

What forgery Sir?
Did university of Ibadan deny that he didn't get his degree there?
The only problem he's stock with is he's not being able to provide his A/level HSC certificate(the only missing link) which he like many students do often, failed to collect once he gained university admission.
What then did he use to get admission and finish in 3 years instead of the normal 4 years if he didn't collect the A'Level certificate and present to UI as a requirement for Direct entry admission?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by luluosas(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
My only comment here is that, if you know you forged your results/certificates, better make restitution now because your sin will surely caught up with you some day. Not saying Obaseki forged his credentials please
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nigeria politics is a complete cruise.
So the same PDP that filed a case against Obaseki in 2016 is the same party that is now giving him ticket to run.

APC, PDP, everyone involved in Nigerian political are the moment are all clowns standing for their personal interest with not a single Nigerian at heart.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DeRay98(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sheggy13:

What then did he use to get admission and finish in 3 years instead of the normal 4 years if he didn't collect the A'Level certificate and present to UI as a requirement for Direct entry admission?
That's up to UI to explain because the system was stricter then than now.
I never collected my primary school certificate before entering secondary school, I only had my primary school testimonial which wasn't the certificate at all and before I collect it though reluctantly after many years, the school's Headteacher's office caught fire and got burnt down.
Secondly, if he didn't have any proof of it then, he should have been rusticated in final year for failure to meet the requirements for direct entry then.
He did beat UI or UI was negligent?
His only sin is not having any proof to show for his Hsc or A level now.
It's up to UI to explain how he met their requirements and graduated because his name is also in the graduands list for the year he graduated.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by BornRicch(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:
wetin u smoke...esan and binis are the largest...hope u know Edo State is pdp

You're a compound fool, I'm talking about the second largest groups in Edo States. I'm not talking about Benin and Esan put together.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Donmaximum: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Moral of the story, never bite the fingers that fed you.
What do you know,as if osho did not bite the hand that fed him.politics is a game of chess o.k,play it well and win finito.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by martineverest(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
BornRicch:

You're a compound fool, I'm talking about the second largest groups in Edo States. I'm not talking about Benin and Esan put together.
English hard this idiot...how is afemai ethnic group larger than esan or Benin ethnic group...Binis are the largest,Esan is second..afemai is distant 3rd

keep displaying ur ignorance recklessly...Edo north is not totally afemai...owan ,ora,akoko-ero and others are part of the region
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by adekolaelect(m): 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki the Bragger of yesterday, the governor of today but awaiting no man Tomorrow .we told him he didn't listen he was power drunk he thought everything start and end on his table .may God not bless us with the type of Advisers and supporters of Obaseki in our lives .They are markets spoilers .they can't make you but to mere you.They are the darkness in the light.They are lives spoilers if you see them run away. they are evil pretending as friends.

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Thelimitbreaker(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
majamajic:

That means u have to obey them that's the only way to close your foot prints , all of them that went other way , them all suffered
My salient remedy is that if you know your hands are dirty, pls don't go into politics. And if you are bold to go into the caves of devils(which is politics), make sure you make the world know of your hidden scars before your enemies dig it out to smite you. Wisdom is saliently needed in the chambers of politics.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
the A levels or hsc doesnt matter
what matters is the UI degreee or minimum Secondary school leaving certificate. those form 6 was the hsc. then they stopped form 6.

DeRay98:

That's up to UI to explain because the system was stricter then than now.
I never collected my primary school certificate before entering secondary school, I only had my primary school testimonial which wasn't the certificate at all and before I collect it though reluctantly after many years, the school's Headteacher's office caught fire and got burnt down.
Secondly, if he didn't have any proof of it then, he should have been rusticated in final year for failure to meet the requirements for direct entry then.
He did beat UI or UI was negligent?
His only sin is not having any proof to show for his Hsc or A level now.
It's up to UI to explain how he met their requirements and graduated because his name is also in the graduands list for the year he graduated.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Donmaximum: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
APC and certificatete forgery is like Hanadez Xavi and Andrea Ineista,i'm tired o
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by haryorbarmie83(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
moderatedguy:
Then continue giving them bicycle kicks
grin grin grin
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DWJOBScom(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage

Another party certainly not the big 2 will get it as Iyamu currently has a corruption case.

I really want to explore that
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by stanliwise(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
espn:
Please answer this quick one...
Let's say MR A got admission to a university using fake result and details with the help of MR B(REGISTRA). MR Ais one of the best student in his department or faculty. MR A fell out with MR B...MR B decided to blackmail him. Are you saying the school authority should ignore the fact that MR A got admitted with failed credentials because he is one of the best student in the school?
I am not in argument of trying to save the Edo Governor. Infact I barely know who he is. If anyone was to Judge Obaseki. APC is the last body to do so as they lack all moral background since they were also involved. MR B lack all morals to judge Mr A.

All I am trying to say is that we citizens shouldn’t fall into their games of politics, it is what they always do. Let us vote people based on their mandate and legacy. Let us vote who can do the job. It doesn’t have to be from APC or PDP. This certification saga is nothing but a ploy and a distraction and the last people to get involved in it is us the citizens.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Enwhen(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Salvador1:
Thunder fire oshiomole
Thunder fire obaseki
Thunder fire iyamu

Who them EPP

If u need agbo pls come forward.
Sharp sharp no time.

Abeg u get for Corona virus ?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by BornRicch(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:
English hard this idiot...how is afemai ethnic group larger than esan or Benin ethnic group...Binis are the largest,Esan is second..afemai is distant 3rd

keep displaying ur ignorance recklessly...Edo north is not totally afemai...owan ,ora,akoko-ero and others are part of the region

I won't quote you anymore because you seem ignorant to comprehend with what I'm saying. Afeima are comprises of different ethnic groups like Owan, Etsako, Akoko Edo, etc. How's Esan the second largest after Benin?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by BornRicch(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:

Are you saying Edo central is more populated than Edo north?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by espn(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
stanliwise:
I am not in argument of trying to save the Edo Governor. Infact I barely know who he is. If anyone was to Judge Obaseki. APC is the last body to do so as they lack all moral background since they were also involved. MR B lack all morals to judge Mr A.

All I am trying to say is that we citizens shouldn’t fall into their games of politics, it is what they always do. Let us vote people based on their mandate and legacy. Let us vote who can do the job. It doesn’t have to be from APC or PDP. This certification saga is nothing but a ploy and a distraction and the last people to get involved in it is us the citizens.
I get you...It starts with us...Now am planning to go contest for HOR 2023 in my home town...People are hungry they wont vote you...they are hungry and will rather sell there vote for 1 cup of garri. I hope we get there someday...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK / Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.