Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,334 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me (28387 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by noble71(m): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
dingbang:
If isrealites remained in egypt, they would have been slaves till thy kingdom come. But God gave them sense and they left their comfort zones and went through the wilderness and got to the promise land..

Op, use your brain.
Think more.....are you comfortable with 50k a month?

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by babaRUNtinz(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
my one kobo..

if u are passionate about the work.. pay should be a motivating factor.

but if na to make ends meet,Bros,japa.
They are ready to use u and probably dump u without any apologies.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by lamentor78(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
The fear of the unknown has made so many to be stagnant for long time , be bold and take a drastic step , have the mind of "can do it" take up the new challenge that is when you can call yourself a man

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by wizzytm(m): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Gudnoon Nairalanders, I have been working for a company for 35k per month for 12 months no increment. I have been promoted from one position to another without a payrise.

Late may this year my salary was increased to 50k with a whole lots of task, I work Monday to Sunday, 7.am to 7pm some times down to 9pm.

1st week of June a similar company based on recommendations invited me for an interview, they offer to pay me 120k, which I insisted on 150k, finally they agree to pay but when we went to the business place, it is a little beginning business that I have to grow from the scratch in an isolated area. I began to reason if I opt out of my present job and venture into this, how long will this payment last, if the business folds up, where will I start from?

In my present job it might take another 12 months before another increment but I can work there as long as I may wish to work cos it has job security.

Please advice me am confused and I have family with kids.

My advice is that you take up this new job, and open a fixed account, where you can be saving half of the salary (which is 3 times your present salary). Even if the company folds up eventually, you must have saved a substantial amount, that will enable you start a business of your own before you get another job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by talk2hb1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Gudnoon Nairalanders, I have been working for a company for 35k per month for 12 months no increment. I have been promoted from one position to another without a payrise.

Late may this year my salary was increased to 50k with a whole lots of task, I work Monday to Sunday, 7.am to 7pm some times down to 9pm.

1st week of June a similar company based on recommendations invited me for an interview, they offer to pay me 120k, which I insisted on 150k, finally they agree to pay but when we went to the business place, it is a little beginning business that I have to grow from the scratch in an isolated area. I began to reason if I opt out of my present job and venture into this, how long will this payment last, if the business folds up, where will I start from?

In my present job it might take another 12 months before another increment but I can work there as long as I may wish to work cos it has job security.

Take it, after-all you are in for the money.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by DrBasit(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Move to the one of 150k......That's more than 300% increase for you..... Stop over thinking it.......

Like for 150k, Share for 35k

8 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by GMBuhari: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
and it took them how many years ? 40 years i think ??

he didn't speak of having an alternative yet , you don't loose one before you are guaranteed another one

dingbang:
If isrealites remained in egypt, they would have been slaves till thy kingdom come. But God gave them sense and they left their comfort zones and went through the wilderness and got to the promise land..

Op, use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Goldenfinger: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sir in as much u are here seeking 4 advice,i will advice to ask your wife,women are gifted in tinz like dat......OR u go die first b4 u go run abi.take dat new job,treat it like u are d owner by praying 4 it n puttin much effort....bt smtin is bothering me o,would a new business be able 2 pay dat kind of salary;i advice u 2 do some research abt d company b4 quittin ur job....n finally put it prayer

5 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Advancedman(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
I should use my brain, how do u mean sir, I have been thinking for two days now,

Beyond poverty mentality the new beginning is like your personal business but will only become yours when you prove your worth.
But if you are a lowlifer afraid of opportunity stay put in your perpetual slavery remember the new job came via recommendations that means you have what it takes or if it's your personal business that guarantee you 150k monthly will you ever think of it folding up.
All my points are based on what you told us here but you are the one that sees it all.
Have a wonderful weekend.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by omorttee4u(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hey, why are you this scare. No employer want to embark on a business and then expect it to fold up within a short period of time.

Just man yourself up. Take business as yours. You and the company will smile in the end.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Accept the new job and give it your whole best, it will succeed.

Sometimes we don't succeed just because we don't try.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by ifko: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Thanks to all of you who take their time to advise me, it shall be well with you all,candid advice will always come your ways. I put a call to our accountant few hours ago asking if I can apply for annual leave since am due for it, this is to give me a space to checkout the new place, although the leave is just 14days, she said am due but the operations manager instructed her to monetize annual leave of some key staff which I happen to be among the list ,it pains me so much cos i belong to those list only when it come to duty ,but in payroll am far behind, am finding it very tough to decide , a bird at hand they say ...... But 150k will take me 3months here, and my savings @ 150 for 3 months might take me 12months here, pls more advice my people.
Why did u want to kikk yourself on 50k job ..oga move and invest your energy in d new company and keep smiling.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by gurunlocker: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
If possible you can go for the 150K job.

But remember, don't live too large and save because anything can happen.

Have the mentality that you are still earning the 35-50K, while you save the rest. Don't live above your means!

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by CodeTemplar: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

Come o. At N50k salary you probably will save N25k per month at most after expenses and a whole year saving comes to 300,000, but with N120k job after expenses of N25k a month, about 90k is still left and can accrue 360k in savings in just 4 month. Plus there is no guarantee the current company wont get another 40k/month guy to replace you.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by GboyegaD(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Take the bold step and move on. Put in your best and learn the basics. Should the business crash, you will look back and not regret putting your best into it. Please, do not remain in bondage when there is a better opening. Your God wouldn't come to you for rescue as God but through opportunities as this.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by leo1234(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Go for the new job and save the extra income. Don't increase your spending.

On a serious note, how are you surviving with your kids on monthly 50k ?
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by omorttee4u(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Advancedman:

Beyond poverty mentality the new beginning is like your personal business but will only become yours when you prove your worth.
But if you are a lowlifer afraid of opportunity stay put in your perpetual slavery remember the new job came via recommendations that means you have what it takes or if it's your personal business that guarantee you 150k monthly will you ever think of it folding up.
All my points are based on what you told us here but you are the one that sees it all.
Have a wonderful weekend.

I didn't see this, before I submitted mine. Exact my point.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Edusouls(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Greed is calling you don’t ever quit your job ooo, once you make that mistake it can’t be reverted, you would loose all, life is too complex and unpredictable to take such risk, they say a bird at hand worth more than 100 in the bush..
bigtimemugu:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Naijabad: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
dingbang:

Op, use your brain.

Only a wise man will understand the quantum of wisdom contained in your statement.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by sunbreaker: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enskynelson:

Life is full of risks. Prepare and take the risks. If actually you have been surviving with 35K, 35k jobs are not so difficult to find. I advice you take the new job paying 150k. Spend only 50k if possible (since you have been surviving with 35k - 50k). Save up 80k every month. In a short while, you would have saved up money that can help u start some biz, buy a job or keep u till you finf another in the event of the company folding. Pray about it and commit it into God's hand as well. Life is full of risk and not taking risk is even another risk on its own.
So, bottomline, go for the new job, save from the first month and be prepared for any eventuality.
I support this guy steps
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by pawn89(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Its a blessing that you find yourself in a newly establish enterprise, imagine you were a primary contributor to the growth of the business; that's the meaning of job security, if you are able to put so much time and effort in your current employment with little return, I think you would do better in a new one with surprisingly bigger pay.

And when you think about it, your 1 month pay in this new company is 3 months equivalent in your current, so working 4 months is an equivalent of 1 year, and it doesn't seem like in you are in for the short gain.

Take the thing jare and brace yourself

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
You will never see ladies Contribute to sensible post like this when it is not about bum n hip enlargement

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Coolcalmcollect(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why on Earth will you accept a job of 35k/50k with a Mon to Sunday morning to night work hours? Kuku say Dem dey pay you to live na.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by saraki2019(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
here is my advice. take the new job, spend within your old salary and save the rest, no job 7-7 job is sustainable
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
You were suppose to demand for a pay increase before considering new job.

But as it stand now, go for the new job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
In everything, use ur brain.

Go and build the new company. If it grows, you are successful.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by adeoluolagbegi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
sense no go kill you my man.
lol
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by lagdmark(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Although the OP gets 50k salary, but i think the egunje (side cash) he gets from his present job is encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Kobicove(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

If your wife has a steady source of income then I would advise you take the new job.

But if your wife is unemployed then you had better stay in your present job where your salary is guaranteed since you have a family that depends on you.

You can continue in your efforts to look for another job

If you go for the new job in your present circumstance you will likely spend a significant proportion of your salary on transport and it's also probable that the salary will be delayed most times.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by ofakaga: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
That is why we must learn to hear from God sir. I will advice you to seek the face of God sir. God is the answer to a question like this sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail / Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.