Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? (3265 Views)

Big Boobs Dorcas23: Why Are Nigerians So Hypocritical And Pretentious? / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Desperate? / Why Are Guys So Desperate For A Girlfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 12:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Sometimes, I wonder why Nigerians are so desperate to be rich. Any little thing that happens, they'll say, "Go and make money."

This single statement pushes the weak ones to go do evil to make quick cash. Why?

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by pabon(m): 12:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Maybe it's because they see money a everything in life.
It's the reason celebrities are worshipped. It's the reason why anyone flaunting wealth with reckless abandon is seen as the standard, the one to aspire to.
It's become worse in recent years. When you decide to stick with a legit means of making money, you're seen as a lazy guy, one without prospect.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2020
These sets of people hardly sit there asses down and develop a real skill that'll fetch them that real money they crave. All they think about is quick money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by pabon(m): 12:12am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:
These sets of people hardly sit there asses down and develop a real skill that'll fetch them that real money they crave. All they think about is quick money.

And they will only increase. The world has grown impatient. Even parents will force their children into some of these nefarious acts because they don't want their own friends to look better than them.
I've seen parents telling their children to go into 'yahoo'. It's really pathetic.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Harrykn: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2020
Money answers every needs and wants and makes you see the best which life offers...

Go and make money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 12:27am On Jun 15, 2020
@Pabon, it's really scary. The level of insincerity is really scary and it gets worse by each passing day.

I remembered as a kid when they used to tell us "thou shall not lie" and I never forget that. Now, if you don't lie, they'll see you as not being smart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by SpaceX: 12:32am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:
Sometimes, I wonder why Nigerians are so desperate to be rich. Any little thing that happens, they'll say, "Go and make money."

This single statement pushes the weak ones to go do evil to make quick cash. Why?
most Nigerians have wrong perception about life, they rate progress as having a lot of money. These explains why most populace are corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by SpaceX: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:
@Pabon, it's really scary. The level of insincerity is really scary and it gets worse by each passing day.

I remembered as a kid when they used to tell us "thou shall not lie" and I never forget that. Now, if you don't lie, they'll see you as not being smart.

the country can't move forward with such mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Jaysolu(m): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2020
It's the way our society has become
The pressure put on some people by family and peers
Some people have been robbed of their future because of greed and corruption
They don't want to work hard for so long for biscuits and bones, they want it fast easy and big
Nobody wants to be a nobody
Other's just want to chop life
But who can we really blame?

Pls check this link on my signature
If you're bored at home, join gramfee it's free it's legit and it pays. The longer you stay on it the more you gain
If you have questions check the link
Nobody's scamming you.. I just want my referral gain

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 12:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Actually, there is pressure on everyone in this country, but the strength is in not succumbing.

Even the person putting pressure on you is also being pressured by someone else. This thing is interlinked.

@SpaceX, you're right. We can't move forward that way.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:21am On Jun 15, 2020
That's because money is everything in life
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by bigdammyj: 1:35am On Jun 15, 2020
Because money answerers all things in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by gnykelly(m): 1:55am On Jun 15, 2020
that's what Nigerian religion teaches 'go and make it'.
if you are doing physical work it is being seen as evil because you deserve to be heading one parastatals. if you are not married by 30 you have a spiritual problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Gentle0wavez: 2:08am On Jun 15, 2020
Not that money is bad oh, but the kind greed and lust that has entered us is too much.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Kryptonite1: 2:33am On Jun 15, 2020
Sorry to deviate from the matter at hand...
A friend of mine needs your help to win a contest on Facebook. Pls just like and comment below the picture. After voting just send a pm to me and I'll send recharge card to your line.
Thanks in advance. This is the link below
https://www./569672143961933/permalink/599345020994645/?app=fbl
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 15, 2020
i think when ppl say such words they say it to instage some youths into action and doing something meaningful with their lives.U can imagine a full grown hefty guy,jobless and unambitious.Instead of such to reason how he will get a job or learn a skill all he will do throughout the day is wear one dirty smelly boxers and be arguing on how he wants to fuk nikki minaj and the next minute he will be arguing why davido is richer than whizkid..i mean u would forced to tell such a person to go and get a job or go an make money.imagine someone wakes up 8 oclock in the morningand he is arguing about davido and whizkid till 9pm cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by adexpa(m): 4:54am On Jun 15, 2020
The idea of making money is good, but Nigerians are not ready to follow process. A young boy of 20 yrs wants to ride Benz. There is no where in the world where free money is made, it is a product of hard work but Nigerians want it easy and free. It is not youth alone, it includes the leaders, the only way many people make money in Nigeria is by cutting corners, there is no process. There is never a nation that can succeed with the kind ideology. Our leaders don't know how to make more money by using the little they got to establish businesses but instead they want to be in politics in order to steal more n more. Nigeria can not be great with our orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by ettaetta(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2020
I think it's because when u don't have money people regard you as nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PLL1bMTb8
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by ettaetta(m): 6:46am On Jun 15, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Not that money is bad oh, but the kind greed and lust that has entered us is too much.

yeah we are too desperate in terms of. money, God help us

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by phemmyfour: 7:06am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:

The Nigeria environment is so harsh that you have to be "desperate" to make that cool cash. You are competing with at least 10 people to make that cash. You just have to be desperate
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2020
They should be focused, not desperate.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Muna4real(f): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:

Have you tasted poverty?

I'm sure you have not cause if you have, you won't be asking this question. When hunger go kill you for your house, and you no fit pay rent, you go run go make money

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by iLegendd(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2020
Some of you just think you're the only one who have suffered and so you're approved to be desperate and get money at all cost.

This mindset sucks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by karbie(f): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2020
Self study and ace your examinations with the right study packs, like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN (ATS & Professional) examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by gnykelly(m): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2020
iLegendd:

https://www.nairaland.com/5926637/pastor-charles-osazuwa-it-sin

this the typical example I was referring to.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2020
Even what's baffles me most is that white people don't do rituals yet they're rich ASF
And here despite the evil things they do to make money there's still nothing to write home about
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by sunshineV(f): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2020
the truth still remains, money gets a lot of things done so it's only normal we all want it badly
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Casan0va: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Even what's baffles me most is that white people don't do rituals yet they're rich ASF
And here despite the evil things they do to make money there's still nothing to write home about

Should we tell him? grin grin

Lol, there are hardcore satanists in America that do blood sacrifices. Go to California where there are a lot of occultic practises that are not even hidden.

The satanists hold what they call "black mass" every Easter when they kill babies, or even adults for sacrifice. You'll never see it in the news because they are covered by powerful people.

Theirs isn't as widespread as Africa though.

The average billionaire in the West is an entrepreneur that took years to build his empire. They dont believe in quick money, at least a large number of them except Las Vegas people cheesy

But come to Nigeria, one hungry fool will be pressing laptop, looking for who to defraud, even go fetish and be shouting Grace upandan on his social media and flaunting money, clubbing, etc.

No envy them o. Stay legit, focus, have a target. Don't stop, keep pushing and try to avoid people that will put undue pressure on you.
One step at a time.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Twinkletwin: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
guy hunger never wire you
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate For This? by Meedon: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2020

Tell them oooo

As for me I'll always stay legit

Till HIS kingdom condom come

(1) (Reply)

30 Yrs Old, No Seriously Girlfriend. How Do I Stop Masturbation. / How Married Men And Co Are Spoiling Things Nowadays. / Nairalanders please come and see something..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.