Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? (513 Views)

What Kind Of Entitlement Mentality Is This Abeg? / See The Crazy Level Of ENTITLEMENT Mentality These Bittches Have! WTF?! (photos) / Nigerian Girls And Entitlement In Foreign Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by enirock(m): 12:49am On Jun 15, 2020
"after all I have done for you" syndrome In friendship and relationships nowadays

During the course of our existence(life) we might be confronted with the above statement from either a spouse, a friend, an enemy, a "frenemy" or someone who has helped us at one point or the other. I am not against gratitude, but what degree of good can one do/perform for/to others, to merit the right to use the above statement Would you use the above statement and if yes, in what context Has the above statement been used on you, and if so, to what degree How much help can man give his fellow man, to warrant him using the above statement and is it good or morally appropriate to place good deeds on the above pedestal when there is friction in the relationship especially when we cannot get what we want from the other person

The reason for the above question was as a result of my failure to support what I consider evil being done to someone and because "this friend" sheltered me at a particular time(during one of the lowest point in/of my life), felt I owed him by supporting evil.

So what do you think falls under the category of having this kind of mindset(i.e what can someone do that holds you to always answer in the affirmative irrespective of the demand been right or wrong)

Note: the evil here I stated above is seen as taking the right of a lady to give consent to sex by the usage of alcohol .
please I would like to hear our views

Thanks
Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by Naijaarchive(m): 12:57am On Jun 15, 2020
cheesy
Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by Apination(m): 1:00am On Jun 15, 2020
That's deep. I can't tell you that what you did was a sign of ingratitude but the truth is under no circumstances should you support evil or bear false witness against anyone be it a stranger. Support your friends in everything but evil undecided

1 Like

Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:13am On Jun 15, 2020
Never allow someone assist you till it get to the level of that statement.

1 Like

Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by adexpa(m): 7:05am On Jun 15, 2020
No matter the help, do not allow anyone use you against your wish. God created us to lift one another at the point of need and the helper should not turn the opportunity into slavery and think he/she can use/calls you at will. It is not ingratitude if you decline evil errand from someone who had once helped you.

1 Like

Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by callmeRichie(m): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2020
enirock:

"after all I have done for you" syndrome In friendship and relationships nowadays

During the course of our existence(life) we might be confronted with the above statement from either a spouse, a friend, an enemy, a "frenemy" or someone who has helped us at one point or the other. I am not against gratitude, but what degree of good can one do/perform for/to others, to merit the right to use the above statement Would you use the above statement and if yes, in what context Has the above statement been used on you, of alcohol .
please I would like to hear our views

Thanks

Well there are some people that feel they have helped God and universe even with their slightest means of favor to fellow human. I think those ones are the problems.

No favor is little in the right context, as long as it meets the needs of the person helped, buh knowing the nature of people u seek help from matters alot!

Some people are just naturally a rodomontadist (boastful), they just want the whole world to know what they've done for you. Ordinary shirt, the whole neighborhood would know who gave you, so sometimes it's about the helper! Know who you seek help from!!

Nevertheless, lack of good appreciation approach after help can demand that statement too, some people suck at this.

Buh I believe in "help and move on", don't expect too much from human! Do your best to help and see yourself like u did nothing, safe yourself of unnecessary drama and tears.

1 Like

Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by EmmaNuella77(f): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Fabricated expectations+ failed reality =?

Meanwhile, you can get paid to watch videos
https://wintub.com/?r=1581782
Re: Feelings Of Entitlement In A Relationship??? by paulolee(m): 8:02am On Jun 15, 2020
lolz learn to stand ur ground..i de always tell dm say i lose more because i spent n also losed cum.

(1) (Reply)

Is Love A Mirage? / My Husband / Know How Women React During pre-intimacy According To Their Zodiac Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.