Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies (71489 Views)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins At Abuja Hospital,speaker Dogara Pay The Bill(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Champneys: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is rather unfortunate.... How on earth did ths happen?
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by kingxsamz(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
post=90704420:
Oh God my jaw dropped from this news.. damn. May God give the mother the strength to bear this

Medicine after death.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by kingxsamz(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
post=90704420:
Oh God my jaw dropped from this news.. damn. May God give the mother the strength to bear this
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Saintly01(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
This kind of trauma can not be fathomed.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Ekpekaycee: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Very ridiculous news. Please can the following questions be answered?
1. If a baby slips, will he or she fall vertically downwards or sideways. For a baby to fall off like was described, he/she must have fallen sideways first before falling downwards which is not possible.
2. A baby of 3 months cannot shake so the wrapper used could not have loosened easily without prior notice to the mother.
3. Let the police conduct a thorough investigation and tell us what really happened.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Tapout(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
fvck !!! embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by One4me: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fortissimo502:

Honestly this is why Nigeria remains backward. There are so many questions that can come to mind from a detailed investigation, namely:
1. What if the woman threw the baby?
2. What if there were supposed to be safety features in the building to prevent something like this? I'm honestly wondering how they were so close to a window or whatever opening the baby fell out of.
3. How can something like this be prevented?

Omo the intellectual laziness of Nigerians is really heartbreaking. People will keep dying needless deaths and living substandard lives until they start asking questions and digging for the truth.

Dont mind the people abusing you! They just dont want to "think beyond the obvious". undecided
I dont think the woman threw the baby intentionally.
If she wanted to kill her baby, there are five other "quiet ways" for her to do it than come to the public hospital to do such.

I want to believe the baby slipped from her hand.
But this throws up an observation l have been making in the last few years about the level of carelessness ofsome " Mothers of nowadays".

- I told one of them about a year ago, on the third floor of a house, where she hel a child on her hand, close to the Railings.
- In my mind, l was imagining or dreaming that the baby slipped from her hand and dropped three floors to the concrete floor below.
- I quickly snapped out of my reverie and told her to please put th baby on the other hand.
- She looked curiously at me and gave me a bad eye, asked whether she don thave the right to carry her baby with nay hand she choses?
- I told her that what if that baby wriggled and slipped from your hand as he is like this, what do you think would happen?
- She still did not get it and l went further by telling her that if that baby slipped, he is going down three floors and wont survive the landing
- next thing is she said "Please dont use your bad mind to kill my baby".
- I said, as long as you change the baby to the other hand so that if he slips from your hand, he will only land on the floor by your feet, l am okay otherwise, l will get the Police to arrest you now for attempted murder.
- That sobered her up and she moved away from the Railings.

I see a lot of carelessness on the part of Parents and if not that God protects us without even our knowing, a lot of us will be dead before we even knew.
It is sad that that a little Child is prevented from realising his/her destiny due to flagrant carelessnes of the Mother.
The Police should just flog her (two months after this incident so she has finished grieving) and let her be
. grin undecided
Police should stop their Drama and deploy to Borno, to protect Citizens beingslaughtered by Buhari's Fulani terrorists "Herdsmen" Cousins from foreign countries
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by One4me: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ekpekaycee:
Very ridiculous news. Please can the following questions be answered?
1. If a baby slips, will he or she fall vertically downwards or sideways. For a baby to fall off like was described, he/she must have fallen sideways first before falling downwards which is not possible.
2. A baby of 3 months cannot shake so the wrapper used could not have loosened easily without prior notice to the mother.
3. Let the police conduct a thorough investigation and tell us what really happened.

- The baby was being carried with the hand closest to the Railings.
- Baby's body was probably in-line with the Railings.
- Baby slipped out of her hand, involuntarily, she tried to grab the baby but ended up shifting the baby sideways by a few inches while not able to grab the baby.
- Baby falls vertically downwards, to his death.
Does this scenario sound PLAUSIBLE to you?

Many times, we try to grab something that slipped out of our grasp and we endup give eeven more force or impetus to the object and it smaches tothe ground!

That was how l broke the whole Crate of Eggs the Other day, instead of just letting it fall by itself and only a few will brake.
I wanted to save the whole crate. grin
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by One4me: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
espn:
Bleep you...you dont even know what it takes to be a mother or what women go through...the baby fell when she was panicking, running to save the baby's life....May GOD bless the mother and give her the fortitude to bear this loss...

I know it was not intentional but How about knowing not to walk near THE EDGE of a Railings, when carrying something fragile and you are above ground level?
It could have occured in the hands of the Father or Mother or even a Relative but it stil does not change the facts that Adults need to act like adults and MITIGATE RISKS by being sensible in their Actions.
I feel for her but this is a preventable act of carelesness.
All she needed to do was not walk by the Edge of the railings, knowing she is carrying a Child.
All of us need to learn the lessons from others
but how do we learn when we cant even analyse the situation and point it out without someone getting offended?

Chill, l know you are hurt, we all are hurt too!

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by AllforGod1: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
What an unfortunate occurrence!
May Allah comfort the mother and rest the soul of her baby.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by phemmyfour: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
The generation that doesn't know how to back baby....I'm not surprise
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Eagleword14(f): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Chaiii....quite unfortunate and heartbreaking

May God strengthen the mother cos she must be going through serious emotional pain now.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by cardoctor(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
That hospital has a record of untimely deaths.

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by cassidy1996(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fortissimo502:

Honestly this is why Nigeria remains backward. There are so many questions that can come to mind from a detailed investigation, namely:
1. What if the woman threw the baby?
2. What if there were supposed to be safety features in the building to prevent something like this? I'm honestly wondering how they were so close to a window or whatever opening the baby fell out of.
3. How can something like this be prevented?

Omo the intellectual laziness of Nigerians is really heartbreaking. People will keep dying needless deaths and living substandard lives until they start asking questions and digging for the truth.
it seems you read my mind, you have said it all
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by osazsky(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nbote:
I can't begin to imagine dat woman's state ryt now.. From one emergency to a major casualty... Why police sef like to feel important sef... Wat do dey want to do with d report? Investigate d baby's death? Her carelessness mayb but her state of mind rushing into the emergency aided it

Sometimes we want to sound politically correct in dis parts with our opinions and assertions while ignoring d realities on ground.
manslaughter the woman should be charged to court..innocent child gone due to carelessness..I saw a women today who held a child while walking on a busy road.instear of her to stand at the left hand side she stood at the right hand side..knowing fully well that that child could slip of her hand and run to the road where cars move at top speed..Nigerians are too careless bo
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Femeto: 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Would she be arrested for Murder?
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by YelloweWest: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
tutudesz:
Baby slipped from her grip How na Phone.
It happens. Some babies are very agile like mine
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by crazycrypto710: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is not a police case, no statement needs to be filed, it's an accident unless they suspect foul play.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
what the fuckery is this, what loss , the woman will nearly kill herself
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
braveboy64:

Very painful

Honestly! I cringed!

There’s no getting over the incident for the mother, especially!
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by mechanics(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
So sad.
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Liposure: 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sad
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by iqiq: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is bad
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by tutudesz: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
YelloweWest:

It happens. Some babies are very agile like mine
Come on a baby is not that little undecided to slippe out of your hand
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by ayenale1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
No CCTV cameras in a Nation's general hospital to make investigation simple...despite all the allocations meant for that purpose. The dream of our founding fathers na fake o
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Sniper101(m): 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
This right here reminds me of a certain time over here when a certain young lady missed her balance trying to get across a drainage system during one heavy downpour, and her less than 3months old baby slipped out of her grasp and was carried away into a drainage.

Till this day, the baby wasn't found.

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by jikins(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
it was due to GoD'S meRCies that the mother lost GRip on the first floor and the Child sustained a BROken neck. What if it was the 4th or 5th? Anyway, you are RiGht about what you saying.

I thought the baby died??
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by stayclearofme: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
martineverest:
I dunno
Lol..... cheesy cheesy....So you don't know where you have lived before.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by martineverest(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
stayclearofme:

Lol..... cheesy cheesy....So you don't know where you have lived before.... cheesy cheesy
yes o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

King Charles Coronation: Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu's Role / Chinwe Chibuike Celebrates Her 25th Birthday With Sultry Photos / Meet Bangladeshi Men Born Without Fingerprints For Generations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.