Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data (69234 Views)

For Those Using MTN / New Setting For HTTP Injector To Power All Apps Using MTN Mpulse Data / Its Time To Stop Using Mtn For Browsing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by SweetCunt97(f): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Mtn Are Thieves. Bloody thieves that sold their useless Sim for 20k when our naira had value! Bunch of useless thieves
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by charlesm91(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Op when next you sub for the night, turn off your data and wait a few sec then turn it on. The data will switch to the night plan. It’s what i do. But remember to check it when it’s almost nearing consumption cos when it’s finished, mtn will automatically switch back to using your main data without alerting you. Use *406*4*3# to check your night data plan balance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by kendological(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
MTN was deducting from both accounts simultaneously.
No wonder, this is the snake that has been stealing eggs from my poultry.
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

Then I took the second screenshot after the download had completed.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

This is so painful. I feel cheated.

MTN did the same thing to me, I wasted my monthly subscription, for a nonsense YouTube free midnight data bonus.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by jchioma: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
No be MTN again? They will deduct from both your data and credit account against normal standards.

I still use them because my choices are limited. Glo own na worst pass. Mr. Unlimited data that you can't even use.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Naijaarchive(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mtn is worst for data... I don't really know why people use them for that... Their 4g isn't even stable in a major city like ib... Glo/airtel are awesome for night plans they will tell you clearly all other plans have been paused and the moment you exhaust it they tell you and they are about to activate your existing plans
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
I dumped those assholes ages ago, now na for airtel we dey try to outsmart each other, them can deduct from ur main data after the night plan finish. So I just bought a new simcard specifically for the night ish. then I noticed they implemented something that pops up after using 200 mb & when the data finish them go text you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
If you're complaining now, what do you want me to do? I own an ICT company, I have spent 25k on data just this month and we just half way through.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Naijaarchive(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
jchioma:
No be MTN again? They will deduct from both your data and credit account against normal standards.

I still use them because my choices are limited. Glo own na worst pass. Mr. Unlimited data that you can't even use.

Do you use their 4g... If yes then it's your area... Tho it's not the fastest but they are transparent when it comes to data..
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Funkylarry2007: 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
Brotherly... Is not applicable to everyone..i use mtn pulse night plan even when I have monthly data plan on the same sim.. They only touch d night plan. They only touch d monthly plan when my download has exceeded d cap data of d night plan.. I know this coz I check my monthly data balance and calculate d mb I used on download..
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by dangoteinlaw: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ahhh op that one even good try doing that 1.5gig for 300 own and you will be dumbfounded. I was off my data and I continue checking my account balance and right in my very own eyes it was draining even without doing anything. Mtn are thieves and this has gotten out of hand, infact not just Mtn all the networks and I am ready to join a class act action to sue them for stealing.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Onyi22(f): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
What's exactly do u want us to do for u?
Y can't u gentle remove the MTN sim and put another Sim card silently.
Instead of coming here to disturb our peace
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by davekata: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
I never buy data on my MTN line except when I got to know of their 1.5gb for #300 weekly and 1gb for #200. I can but this thrice in 2 weeks and it's just #900 for 4.5gb unlike the deceptive 1.2gb for #1000 that almost never lasts a week.

Glo comes handy for me since their signal is good where I stay. For night data at 1gb for #100 with 5 days duration, I can use up the whole data one night; it's just #100
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by kelmicheal: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
The truth of the matter is that mtn data no dey last

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Badonasty(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
9mobile still did the same thing to me this morning...NCC na just decoration as far as I’m concerned

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by lanocfoods: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

You are so right I also noticed same since I use the weekly plan too. What I know do is sub midnight with airtel since it is the same 500mb for 50 naira. All these telecom coy are bunch of criminals
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Onyi22(f): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Mtn Are Thieves. Bloody thieves that sold their useless Sim for 20k when our naira had value! Bunch of useless thieves
Did they force you to buy it?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by stanliwise(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Vulcanheph:
What you guys don't realise is that MTN is very trickish and deceptive, so you have to use your head when dealin with them......best thing to do is use another network for your main monthly Subscription and use them only for night plan, since i discovered that this is what they do, I don't do night sub when i already have an existing sub, so i just sub with my 9mobile and browse during the day , then i Switch over to night sub on MTN and use it at night.
tricky not trickish. No pun intended
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

4am is middle of the night?

Which planet u dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by uchennaq(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
I am very happy that someone posted this because am a victim. To cut the story, I subscribed for their 4.5 gig monthly plan which is 2k and next-day I received a weekly 6gig gift from where I work. Do you know that MTN left the 6gig gift that will expire in one week and they were seriously deducting from the data that will expire in one month. Now if they continue deducting from the plan that will expire in one month time, how then will I use the data that will expire in one week?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by StillWiz: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
MTN mad gan.....their monthly subscription no dey reach 4 days I swear
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ecomalchemist(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
Na glo sure pass for me.

Cheap and reliable !

But come to think of it, na data dey chop my money pass as I don't buy stupid things I don't need.

5k for a month on data is quite expensive while our counterparts in SA spend quite less. This country is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by stanliwise(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Next time when time for Night browsing Reach. Switch of your phone and turn it on again. Or put it on plane mode and switch back.
You can switch off data off and then on again. Sometimes the system doesn’t make the switch except there is a break in connection then the system updates it’s record. It happens even on Glo

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
Onyi22:

Did they force you to buy it?
Shut up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by stanliwise(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
lanocfoods:

You are so right I also noticed same since I use the weekly plan too. What I know do is sub midnight with airtel since it is the same 500mb for 50 naira. All these telecom coy are bunch of criminals
next time switch off your phone and turn it on when night browsing time reach
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ecomalchemist(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:
MTN mad gan.....their monthly subscription no dey reach 4 days I swear

Bro, MTN and AIRTEL wreck me. I bin dey spend like 1k every 2 days on data...u go just dey browse, the next thing wey u go see na 'you have used up 75% of your data'. Haba.

Me wey be say na only WhatsApp, Nairaland and Twitter I dey open.

How data take quick finish like that.

Na Glo I dey use jeje as e cheap and suit my needs.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Naijaarchive(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Play support library and google are responsible for data loss most times, they update and can update again the following minutes as long as your data is on. You can't forced stop it. sad

There is always cancel option underneath it... Or you can use AdGuard/avast security firewall to disable data for playstore and play services till you need them... It can be annoying
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by sammitebest: 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Not only mtn...
Even Airtel is doing the same thing.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ABCthings: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
womenareapes:
there is this new trick those animals use to do!

they will give you a good data offer as in... get 9gb for 2000, immediately you recharge that MTN SIM, that offer will automatically disappear living you with no choice but to buy there crappy normal data undecided
grin Something similar happened to me. I dialed a code and they said I don't have enough balance. Then after loading my recharge card ready to use some awoof, they said I wasn't eligible.
Why didn't they just tell me from the start?

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by StillWiz: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Bro, MTN and AIRTEL wreck me. I bin dey spend like 1k every 2 days on data...u go just dey browse, the next thing wey u go see na 'you have used up 75% of your data'. Haba.

Me wey be say na only WhatsApp, Nairaland and Twitter I dey open.

How data take quick finish like that.

Na Glo I dey use jeje as e cheap and suit my needs.

Lol mad ooo
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by dangoteinlaw: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
womenareapes:
there is this new trick those animals use to do!

they will give you a good data offer as in... get 9gb for 2000, immediately you recharge that MTN SIM, that offer will automatically disappear living you with no choice but to buy there crappy normal data undecided
seconded!! After loading 2k only to find the option gone. This is no small matter and our government is too useless to look into it coz of the bribery they receive from those thieves. That’s the tactic , since they can’t step directly from the citizens for fear of getting caught they rather have Mtn steal the money via data.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by unikprince(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:
Glo night data plan is the best
Please bro how can one subscribe to glo midnight data plan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free] / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.