Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data (68951 Views)

For Those Using MTN / New Setting For HTTP Injector To Power All Apps Using MTN Mpulse Data / Its Time To Stop Using Mtn For Browsing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Olamyyde(m): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
hardeycute:
You're totally correct. What I do now is to sub for night plan on Glo,100 Naira for 5 days.
I've stopped using that glo plan because it's frustrating my life. Imagine depriving yourself of sleep to see 45kb/s speed at midnight.

This country no get joy.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Blackicegold(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ussd to check midnight browsing *406*4*3#

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ume1000: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
Thatsammie:
What's the code for AIRTEL midnight data subscription and the timing?
*312#

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by lagusboyyy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Its always ideal to have a separate sim for night plans.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
Empty- hen Na thiefs , arm robbers ... Glo offers 1gb for #100 and it lasts for 5days. And the data dey last eh.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Josskute(m): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
I swear same thing happened to me days ago. They wiped out my newly subscribed data even though I did 500mb night plan. Never again. Wouldn't have happened if I bought airtime on my airtel sim. I no blame them.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by SIRKAY98(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
No bro. I think you should check yourself...even if u dont download much, there are some websites you will enter that will use secret ads they sap your data, there are some periodical updates by apps going on secretly too, so everything is not mtn. Nothing can happen to your data unless you approve it unknowingly...watchout.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by MartinsD12(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
MTN was deducting from both accounts simultaneously.
No wonder, this is the snake that has been stealing eggs from my poultry.
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

Then I took the second screenshot after the download had completed.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

This is so painful. I feel cheated.
Same with glo night plan the way data runs its outrageous infact na that night plan u go see the full speed of glo

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Runningwater(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mtn is a disgrace. What you are complaining of has been happening for over a year. I stopped using my main mtn data sim for midnight plan because of this.

It's a very useless network . The worst part is the 500mb midnight plan is actually 420mb. After you use 360mb, mtn will automatically disconnect your network and throttle the speed. So you will have to connect and disconnect to use the remaining 60mb.

I prefer buying 250mb first, then when exhausted I buy another 250mb. I usually get 524mb in total (262mb each). Phone master is always my companion when monitoring data usage. I didn't finish my night sub yesterday night.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mtn is a disgrace. What you are complaining of has been happening for over a year. I stopped using my main mtn data sim for midnight plan because of this.

It's a very useless network . The worst part is the 500mb midnight plan is actually 420mb. After you use 360mb, mtn will automatically disconnect your network and throttle the speed. So you will have to connect and disconnect to use the remaining 60mb.

eggzactly , the data doesn't last self. Glo offers #100 for 1Gb and e dey last wella.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Aghaclem67: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

Bros no vex o, how you do the calculation and arrived at the answer. Me I confuse honestly.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by rossovu: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
When my data is below 100mb nothing works... seems they reduce data speed to gprs... yeye people

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by edoairways: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
Thatsammie:
What's the code for GLO night plan and the timing?
*777# , select Option 1 Buy data
Select Option 1 Buy data plan
Select Option 2 if you don't want auto renewal
Then after select Option 7 which is night and weekend plan
Select the plans you want. 1gig is N100 and is valid for 5 days. You can buy as many as possible pending when they review their packages

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by LoyalBlood(m): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
Glo night plan is the best for now. #100 for 1GB.. 5 days

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by new2012: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
There was a time people stayed awaked to make midnight calls.. Now people stay awake to use midnight browsing. Cool!

Get an app to check your actual data utilization, most times twitter and some other applications use up ur data even when idle.

When you subscribe for night plans, your connectivity with the system doesn't time out to detect start of night time, it's continuous. since there is no break, turning ur phone off and on will start counting time afresh and your might plan starts.

However, downloading a video of 480MB because you're having 500MB doesn't really make sense in the IT world except you know how. Your phone appls- play store, twitter, fb etc are continuously using data. You might not have up to 400MB for your downloads, the 80 has to come from your main data or even account balance.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by hardeycute(m): 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:

I've stopped using that glo plan because it's frustrating my life. Imagine depriving yourself of sleep to see 45kb/s speed at midnight.

This country no get joy.
That's the only problem with Glo, network quality is dependent on area.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by edoairways: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
unikprince:

Please bro how can one subscribe to glo midnight data plan?
*777# , select Option 1 Buy data
Select Option 1 Buy data plan
Select Option 2 if you don't want auto renewal
Then after select Option 7 which is night and weekend plan
Select the plans you want. 1gig is N100 and is valid for 5 days. You can buy as many as possible pending when they review their packages
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Abdogood(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
Even if Empty Hen dash people 100gb of free data. I and family will NEVER sub them network. They give with left hand and take double back with the left. I fear them.
My wiffy sub 2k for 4.5gb. on the third data vanish and I can vouche that she didn't use the gat dam it because she was busy with her work that period.

Me and EMPTYHEN Network = Never Again...

I will rather drag with Gloooh than do Empty hen.

Cooperate scammers.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by toluine56(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:

I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Even with normal data bundle plan. They throttle the speed to trick us into thinking data has been exhausted. So one has to be connecting and disconnecting at intervals.

MTN are a disgrace.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Bejidemi(f): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
makapoda:
Use 100 naira to get 1 gig on airtel night browsing from 12 midnight to 5am.

Please how am l going to do it?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Get a separate SIM . How do you download the vYouTube ideo
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Assuming you have two SIM cards on your phone.

And you sub on MTN say 1.5gig and sub on Glo 2gig.

If you swap SIM to browse on your Glo, bro MTN go dey deduct from your 1.5gig as if its their SIM CARD you are using.

It happened to me.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nikes(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
Godfrey858:
next time ,switch off your data, or put ur fone in flight mode ,

wait for 30sec
switch off flight mode and enjoy ur midnight data
This guy knows the concept.
And if they still deduct from your main balance after using this method, repeat it the second time and continuously until your data is exhausted. But the truth be say this method na wahala sef. That's why I use Glo. No limit on night subs on glo and subs. From 1gb and above lasts 5 days
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by bigcil2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

No, I'm on MTN Pulse. The midnight data plan is only available on MTN Pulse.

I lost almost not less than 300mb data.

The way they deduct the data is ambiguous. From my calculations, all what I've downloaded isn't more than 400mb; just 6 videos that are an average of 40mb. Then I updated three apps from playstore; 9mb, 12mb and 22mb.

But look, I have just 500mb left. This is freaking crazy.

The same thing they did to me. I purchased 2gb data for N500 and normal monthly data for N1.5k they deducted the monthly data first before I could say Jack monthly data finished and two days later 2 days data expired they are just criminals
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
MartinsD12:

Same with glo night plan the way data runs its outrageous infact na that night plan u go see the full speed of glo
not true , I use Glo night plan #100 for 1GB , the data dey last wella. I dey even Watch videos on Tiktok and Instagram.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by babalola16(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
you think say dey be mumu ,I swear they go still run into debt, 200 for 1gb

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ekensi01: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

No, I'm on MTN Pulse. The midnight data plan is only available on MTN Pulse.

I lost almost not less than 300mb data.

The way they deduct the data is ambiguous. From my calculations, all what I've downloaded isn't more than 400mb; just 6 videos that are an average of 40mb. Then I updated three apps from playstore; 9mb, 12mb and 22mb.

But look, I have just 500mb left. This is freaking crazy.

You don't calculate background data and you are making noise here
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ekensi01: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
grin when people are talking of network you carry glo come.

mperornero:
not true , I use Glo night plan #100 for 1GB , the data dey last wella. I dey even Watch videos on Tiktok and Instagram.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
ekensi01:
grin when people are talking of network you carry glo come.

. Glo better pass empty-hen for my area
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by SlyCharlie(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
Next time switch off your data and wait for like one minute, then switch it back one, that's when the night sub will kick in.
I wonder why y'all still use MTN for night sub, and be restricted to 500mb, when you can use Airtel and do multiple night subs in a single night?? undecided
Maybe it's cos of cell reception or coverage?
else it doesn't make sense
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by frozen70(f): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Never you trust MTN for anything even wider coverage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.