Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data (69270 Views)

For Those Using MTN / New Setting For HTTP Injector To Power All Apps Using MTN Mpulse Data / Its Time To Stop Using Mtn For Browsing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by hardeycute(m): 9:32am On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mtn is a disgrace. What you are complaining of has been happening for over a year. I stopped using my main mtn data sim for midnight plan because of this.

It's a very useless network . The worst part is the 500mb midnight plan is actually 420mb. After you use 360mb, mtn will automatically disconnect your network and throttle the speed. So you will have to connect and disconnect to use the remaining 60mb.

You're totally correct. What I do now is to sub for night plan on Glo,100 Naira for 5 days.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by seanwilliam(m): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2020
E no go better for mtn. I used almost 30gig of mtn data monthly and I'm sure you know how much that one cost.... if not because of her signal strength in my locale, I would have dumped them ...

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by seanwilliam(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mtn is a disgrace. What you are complaining of has been happening for over a year. I stopped using my main mtn data sim for midnight plan because of this.

It's a very useless network . The worst part is the 500mb midnight plan is actually 420mb. After you use 360mb, mtn will automatically disconnect your network and throttle the speed. So you will have to connect and disconnect to use the remaining 60mb.

if you mistakenly connect your phone( with mtn sub) with pc using wifi , ur own don be..naso 3 gig go remain 750

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by edoairways: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2020
Kingscee:

Exactly you just said my mind, when you subscribe to any data night or normal plans, switch off your phone and power it back
What does it do?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by edoairways: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Glo night data plan is the best

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:
Glo night data plan is the best
Unfortunately, their network is that strong here. I'll be using Airtel now. At least I can buy up to 1.2 gig per night.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ideabuilder: 10:02am On Jun 17, 2020
I use midnight data wella. Get new Sims for night purposes. You won't certainly get all your 500mb download. MTN deducts 7.5% vat from data, most of you don't know

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Amb1045(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2020
get two MTN line, one for night plan one for your normal subscription. one for your month subscription use it three months throw it away and get another one. keep the night plan one as your normal number. that's how we roll. when you have a newline they put u in mtn yafuyafu. you will have 3gig plus 5k call card on just 1k subscription
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:

What does it do?
It's like you're still using Nokia 3310? if not you should have known what I mean
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by freshkpomo(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Kendollar696:
My guy, they did same to me. I was more than furious. this guys are big thieves....

If them never dey receive sue from left, right, front and back them nor go get sense.. If them Don pay big and get multiple court cases them go change.

They came to Nigeria, saw how corrupt the country is and how the rights of the citizens don't matter and so they decided to take advantage of it like a seed planted on a fertile soil.

Together we can make Nigeria better.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Baddestguyp(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
MTN was deducting from both accounts simultaneously.
No wonder, this is the snake that has been stealing eggs from my poultry.
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

Then I took the second screenshot after the download had completed.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

This is so painful. I feel cheated.
I noticed this thing too...they drain simultaneously from both the night and normal data...so I only use Airtel midnight plan...when I wanna use MTN I use my other sim which has no data plan...
Then MTN developed the tactics to start wiping my airtime since there's no data to wipe...no matter how many times I cancel MTN 3kb/s it keeps resetting and draining my airtime

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Baddestguyp(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2020
Godfrey858:
next time ,switch off your data, or put ur fone in flight mode ,

wait for 30sec
switch off flight mode and enjoy ur midnight data
it doesn't matter guy, I do this...after u use like 300-400mb, they stop taking from night plan and start draining ur main data

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Baddestguyp(m): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Okay then I'll give it a try. Anticipate my feedback.
once you use 300-400mv they'll ignore the night plan

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2020
Baddestguyp:
I noticed this thing too...they drain simultaneously from both the night and normal data...so I only use Airtel midnight plan...when I wanna use MTN I use my other sim which has no data plan...
Then MTN developed the tactics to start wiping my airtime since there's no data to wipe...no matter how many times I cancel MTN 3kb/s it keeps resetting and draining my airtime

This is scary and annoying.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2020
Baddestguyp:
once you use 300-400mv they'll ignore the night plan

Exactly what they did for me. Once it reached 400mb, they started deducting from only my main data.

MTN is a mess.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by whiteMandingo: 10:47am On Jun 17, 2020
possibilita:
This has been going on for awhile now
If you use the same sim for your normal sub and night plan mtn will not deduct the night plan,

Glo pulled similar stunt on me as well
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by edoairways: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Kingscee:

It's like you're still using Nokia 3310? if not you should have known what I mean
It is a simple question, what does it do?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by DanielTech: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2020
I stopped subscribing for mtn midnight plan when I noticed (over the course of many nights) that my downloads usually stop when I reach the 180-200 mb mark.

It's bad enough that they had to slash the N25 data limit from 500mb to 250mb.

Now, they want to deny me, unofficially, 20% of my data allowance?

No way, I refuse to fund their criminality.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by womenareapes: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2020
there is this new trick those animals use to do!

they will give you a good data offer as in... get 9gb for 2000, immediately you recharge that MTN SIM, that offer will automatically disappear living you with no choice but to buy there crappy normal data undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Play support library and google are responsible for data loss most times, they update and can update again the following minutes as long as your data is on. You can't forced stop it. sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Bahamas95(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2020
I don't make that mistake of using their night data when I got main data. I must exhaust it first to avoid being scammed.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Kendollar696(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I really wish I could deal with them. It's becoming too much of them. Are they the only network provider?

MTN today, MTN tomorrow... They're freaking annoying.

Do you know what? Only God knows how many millions of Nigerians lose at least 100 naira worth of data every night. You can image the unethical profit they'll be making from this dubious act.

I swear, it's so unethical. they are really taking advantage of our system. they won't inform you, they will go straight to your account and deduct. I can't contain my grievance. it pains me..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Kendollar696(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2020
freshkpomo:

If them never dey receive sue from left, right, front and back them nor go get sense.. If them Don pay big and get multiple court cases them go change.

They came to Nigeria, saw how corrupt the country is and how the rights of the citizens don't matter and so they decided to take advantage of it like a seed planted on a fertile soil.

God bless Nigeria.

All this thing the make me think of blowing their head quarters off...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by ALEXAPLAYME: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

bro you're 100% right same thing has happened to me..

I had about 4gb(my main data) so I subscribed the 50naira 500mb at night

I wanted to watch some videos online

after watching the videos onlinethe time was already 3am

I say make I check my data, they deducted my main data of 4gb was now 207mb.. they just deducted Less than10 mb from the nigh night plan

the thing has happened to me twice.

have stopped using mtn for night plan, Glo is better for night plan you can do it for as long as you want..

I don't know if you are also experiencing this when you have below 30mb left you cannot use it again to browse so it become theirs
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by photon3106: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

MTN can be many things but this isn't one of them. I think the issue has to do with their system. Perhaps, some sort of system glitch.

I used to experience this too with my 1.5Gb monthly plan until I discovered where the problem was.

When your data connection is on and you went ahead to activate the Night plan, most times the night plan isn't active (swithed as the default plan).

All you need do is: after a successful activation of the night plan, disconeect your data and restart your phone. In the case when restart isn't desirable, a toggle on the Airplane mode will do. Wait for about 1 minute before turning on data. That's all.

This fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by devbits: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2020
Guy, you re very correct, if your night plan data is exhausted, browsing will be halted and your airtime will be reducing until it's all finished. They did it twice dz week
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Oracleman: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2020
Water don't pass Garri be that oo.

Guys check how this video that teaches you how to create Professional Intro video from your phone.

people pay to get this but am giving it for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMkXlRL6fFo&t=68s
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by freshkpomo(m): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Kendollar696:

All this thing the make me think of blowing their head quarters off...

Those guys don too make money oo..

Them fit even get money pass Nigeria government self lol.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Necksonnel: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Mtn na scam. I did night 500mb yesterday to download a file of 400mb. File get to 204mb and they told me data had finished. I was fucking angry

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by chiksy20: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2020
mtn and their audio data

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free] / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.