Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data (69282 Views)

For Those Using MTN / New Setting For HTTP Injector To Power All Apps Using MTN Mpulse Data / Its Time To Stop Using Mtn For Browsing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Emmaway(m): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
You wan spoil market for MTN abi? Abeg no do o
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by alexola20(m): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Hardaybizi(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
*406*4*3# is the USSD to check ur midnight data balance directly instead of using the app.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Drizzy5001(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
I've experienced the same thing for like a year now, I now use my Airtel Sim for mid night browsing only, then My mtn sim will serve for my normal data. I noticed that with Airtel Sim if you subscribe 25 naira for 250mb Four times (25nairaX4) and u will get 1G midnight plan. I have done it couple of times and it's working, but if na mtn or 9mobile na 500 mb highest .
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by bidex(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
MTN was deducting from both accounts simultaneously.
No wonder, this is the snake that has been stealing eggs from my poultry.
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

Then I took the second screenshot after the download had completed.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

This is so painful. I feel cheated.

Well, i think should check what you do online... mind you, social networks consume alot of data. how doyou want to quantify the data you are using? Remember, that they bill for both upload and download. how do you measure your data usage?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Drizzy5001(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
If only Glo will buckle up , and improve on their network coverage, but no they won't na to dey dash u data wey u no go fit use. cheesy grin you go dey look excess data bonus but u no go fit use am grin grin yeye dey smell. angry

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by mechanics(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
Use Airtel.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by mrcommonsense(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I'm so angry right now. As you can see, I'm creating this post in the middle of the night.

There are many negative things people say about MTN. Sincerely, I've always given them an open mind but tonight I discovered something very terrible about them

Summary:
When you subscribe for night data, MTN doesn't only deduct from your night data balance, they also deduct from your main balance.

Explanation
For long I've been using the MTN pulse plan. I buy 1.5gig weekly. But because I usually need to download tutorials from YouTube I support my data with their 500mb midnight plan.

I've always noticed that my 1.5gig doesn't last long. Within five days (sometimes three days) my data would have finished.

I spend a lot of time online but there's no way my daily usage can reach 400mb. Most of my time online is on WhatsApp, searching google for information and staying up to data with industry gists on Twitter.

This night I subscribed to the MTN night plan, then used their app to check my balance before browsing. If you use the mtn night data regularly then you know there's no way to check your balance with USSD.

Luckily for me, the MTN app shows the night balance. So I was able to monitor both my main data balance and the midnight balance.

Guess what I found?
I was so angry that I wanted to remove the SIM but I decided to collect evidence before removing their SIM.

Below are two screenshots. I took the first before downloading a video from YouTube. The video is 48mb.

As you can see, MTN didn't even touch my night data again. They deducted virtually everything from my main balance.

My brother you have seen nothing yet. Please come to airtel na better suffer we dey suffer here.
N10,000 so called unlimited plan which gives 40gb finish in less than 12 days. The funny thing was that i only used it for a day for my router.

FEAR AIRTEL

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by RealisticGirl(f): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mtn is a bad news when it comes to data. I love and I'm really enjoying my Airtel network for my browsing. Anytime, any day. It think Airtel is the best for data plan. kiss
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by RealisticGirl(f): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mtn is a bad news when it comes to data. I love and I'm really enjoying my Airtel network for my browsing. Anytime, any day. It think Airtel
bidex:

Well, i think should check what you do online... mind you, social networks consume alot of data. how doyou want to quantify the data you are using? Remember, that they bill for both upload and download. how do you measure your data usage?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by adedehinbo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Not only data,they steals from account balance also,so many times I had found my balance getting deducted for no reason,its always # 200
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by chucklesclothin(m): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
That is my I love my glo network grin[s]
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by shayyverr: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
ALEXAPLAYME:

bro you're 100% right same thing has happened to me..

I had about 4gb(my main data) so I subscribed the 50naira 500mb at night

I wanted to watch some videos online

after watching the videos onlinethe time was already 3am

I say make I check my data, they deducted my main data of 4gb was now 207mb.. they just deducted Less than10 mb from the nigh night plan

the thing has happened to me twice.

have stopped using mtn for night plan, Glo is better for night plan you can do it for as long as you want..

I don't know if you are also experiencing this when you have below 30mb left you cannot use it again to browse so it become theirs
i had 44mb and I couldn't browse
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by frozen70(f): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
jman77:
download TubeMate app to get all YouTube videos or use savefrom.net if you can navigate it.

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
I think many people complaining make a simple mistake: when activating the night plan after midnight, always ensure you put your phone in flight mode and put it back on (or restart the phone, which is more inconvenient). This ensures you reset the network to utilize your night plan. I never encounter this problem with my night plan.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Oluwafhemmi10: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
onyechez:

Mtn isn't a terrible network, it is only in Nigeria they allow such things to happen. See how much for mtn data plan in Ghana.

I think u are right, we are in this mess bcoz we have a failed gov't who doesn't care once they've gotten enough billions from these network providers...no check and balance, no regulation policies. Shey dem swear for dis country ni
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
hardeycute:
You're totally correct. What I do now is to sub for night plan on Glo,100 Naira for 5 days.

Hi hardeycute, so sorry to hear you experienced issue using the MTN Night data plan. I will like to get it resolved. Kindly forward the affected phone number via e-mail message so that I can assist you look into it. Also, there is a thread where all MTN related issues are shared for urgent attention. You can always write through the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread trust me, your voice will be heard. ~Jide
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
nothing new here, mtn bundle and night plan works together, that is why I use airtel for night plan when I have sub on my mtn.
mtn and airtel will first exhaust normal data before night plan
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by foreveryoung1515(f): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
same was done to me just three days ago, while downloading I was constantly checking my night data balance and it wasn't been deducted as expected, I was so happy and continued downloading not until my last download and I just thought of checking my main balance then I discovered I've been duped by mthen, so painful!
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by foreveryoung1515(f): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
JideSM:

Hi hardeycute, so sorry to hear you experienced issue using the MTN Night data plan. I will like to get it resolved. Kindly forward the affected phone number via e-mail message so that I can assist you look into it. Also, there is a thread where all MTN related issues are shared for urgent attention. You can always write through the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread trust me, your voice will be heard. ~Jide
Same thing happened to me three days ago, it's not fair at all, why the deception? it doesn't happen like that on other networks.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by frozen70(f): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
bizhop01:

Use Vidmate

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Hi GeoAfrikana, I understand how you feel about the data usage billing you experienced on your line. I apologize for that. The Night data plan is meant to be billed first between 12am to 5am even with active 1.5GB weekly pulse plan. However, I will like to verify on your behalf. May I know the date you experienced this and forward the affected phone number through e-mail message for quick check. You can always share issue on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread if you have any further issue on your MTN line. Thank you. ~Jide
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by agadakingz(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
use *406# for night data plan
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by frozen70(f): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
MJBOLT:
just insert pp at the back of youtube on your browser.eg (www . youtubepp . Com/hkoraix)

it will take you to a site where you can download the video

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
foreveryou51ng15:
Same thing happened to me three days ago, it's not fair at all, why the deception? it doesn't happen like that on other networks.

Hi, my sincere apologies about the night data plan complaint. Kindly forward your phone number and confirm the date you experienced same for assistance.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by solostar1: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
look what I found

Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by Wells98(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
It's true, I subscribed for normal data plan and goodybag, they were deducting from both my main data and the Social bundle since then I stopped subscribing...My data plan doesn't last up to 5 days, 9mobile is the best, then use Airtel for night
Mtn are thieves
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
whemmytopsy:
MTN is a very terrible network provider, I was angry the night this same shit Happened to me and even more angry when the customer care representative had to hang the call on me... I felt embarrassed, it was obvious they did it intentionally... MTN is devilish, now my AIRTEL sim does the midnight work, I'm cool.

But come to think of what they take us for, They were so sure that nobody is gonna protect the right of we consumers and so they can do and undo... I'm sure they dare not try that in saner climes.... Being a Nigerian is not cool at all... If saying that is a sin, May God forgive me.

Hi whemmytopsy, my apologies on the night data bundle challenge and on the way we make you feel. I can assist you correct all of that. Kindly send me your phone number and state the date you experienced issue on your line for checks on it.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by SamuelLoch: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Summary:

Explanation

Guess what I found?

Did you switch off your data connection before subscribing or after subscribing, before using the night plan?

I guess you did not. Do that the next time. You could extend it to switching off your phone after subscribing and switching it on after some seconds.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by pacespot(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
To enjoy MTN fully, you have to have two MTN sim cards, one for your regular data sub, and the other to take risk with their night bundle and other cheap data offers. Their welcomeback data is great if you're on MTN pulse.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mtn is a disgrace. What you are complaining of has been happening for over a year. I stopped using my main mtn data sim for midnight plan because of this.

It's a very useless network . The worst part is the 500mb midnight plan is actually 420mb. After you use 360mb, mtn will automatically disconnect your network and throttle the speed. So you will have to connect and disconnect to use the remaining 60mb.

Hi Olamyyde, sorry to read about the night data bundle experience. Kindly assist with your phone number through e-mail message for checks. You can always share further issue on your line through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data by JideSM: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
ALEXAPLAYME:

bro you're 100% right same thing has happened to me..

I had about 4gb(my main data) so I subscribed the 50naira 500mb at night

I wanted to watch some videos online

after watching the videos onlinethe time was already 3am

I say make I check my data, they deducted my main data of 4gb was now 207mb.. they just deducted Less than10 mb from the nigh night plan

the thing has happened to me twice.

have stopped using mtn for night plan, Glo is better for night plan you can do it for as long as you want..

I don't know if you are also experiencing this when you have below 30mb left you cannot use it again to browse so it become theirs

Hi ALEXAPLAYME, please accept my apologies on the data bundle usage challenge. Kindly share your phone number through e-mail message for checks on your line. Also share further issues on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread it will be attended to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free] / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.