Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (62740 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by tomdon(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.

How do you know?
Is she Male or female
Why is he silent to the injustices around

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Adedove(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
This is your personal issue.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by InvertedHammer: 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

/
Religion is for the feeble-minded.
They regurgitate information that has been fed into their brains and swore that the same information is sacred. Think of GIGO (garbage in, garbage out).
The freedom that comes from believing in God and eschewing religion is heavenly.

/

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Good you are leaving man made contraption. Now embrace Christianity.

Germany, Uk and may other nations can go deep into their archive to tell you what Christianity and not religion did for them and against them during world war 1

One nation confessed that .. your weapon to which we have no answer is that your 9pm prayer ..
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Clonus: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.
If there is a supernatural being then I presume there is a need to have a relationship with him
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!
Bros ride on we dey ur back.. ur supporters outnumber ur haters, my only problem with u is dat u reply dose who attack u...Bros nor dey waste ur time on haters nor be everybody go like u..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
luluosas:
If you don't have any personal relationship with Jesus Christ yet, you are simply practicing religion. Thank you
So men of God like kumuyi, Adeboye, Oyedepo, haven't had any personal experience with Jesus because they belong to christian religion??
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Lecturebidz(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Religion as people say!
Being a Christian is having a Relationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Having JESUS in you.

A Sinner man /woman does not have JESUS irrespective of Whatever you claim you are.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian.. 1 John 3:8-9

Having a Relationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Acknowledging you are a Sinner
You Confess your sins to JESUS
You Ask JESUS to come into you. See the Prayer of Salvation on our Signature.

If you do that and you mean it, you are automatically saved! You are born again!

You need to begin a solid Foundation with JESUS.

You have The Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Believing Church were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

Don't fail to repent whenever you go astray!

You lie if you say Christianity isn't a religion.
So all those years of killing, conquest, and slavery that was perpetrated by the church in the name of Christ which funnily you're also a product, was carried out by non-Christians huh?
Defend your religion but do it with truth and honesty.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by wfjimmytobby(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

...nice decision.. religion na scam..follow your own prospectives

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=OriOko88 post=90843599]
Those countries you mentioned are built up by the European christians.

Christianity invented d technology being used in those countries.

Which invention was created by Christianity
What does belief in Jesus Christ have to do with the invention of clocks for measuring time or the invention of light bulbs.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by zeeprince(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
its quite appealing that someone would just wake up and type this ish ....if u feel religion is hoax to you I guess that's where we have difference of opinions ....u should just call urself an atheist or humanist.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Davidgprs(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
religion leaders in Africa are the white supremacists we have in Africa, they are already brainwashed by their masters in a polite way,they know the people trust them. Thats why sometimes i support daddy freeze movement.

I feel people believe in religion because they are weak. There is lot of unpleasant surprises in life, and when there is no solution for the problems, people need some consolation in the form of faith in god or spiritual leader.May be when the concept of relegion ws started, it was for good cause, but today it has taken a bad shape. Religion today is power show, money, slavery and flattery.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Hethatlovesyou: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
HMMMMMM, you might have actually made the best decision for yourself if ONLY you have not also rejected Jesus Christ into your life

We are to look unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our Faith and not to be religious

Religious will never take US to Heaven but accepting Jesus as our Lord and personal saviour, living Holy and righteous are also PARAMOUNT in our later aspiring to make it to Heaven

The current situation could be misleading and frustrating at times BUT we All know what is right

God helping you my brother
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

the fact that God is calling u doesn't mean he is saying son go and open a church u could still be doing God's bidding as member of a Bible church.
Good, that's what I really don't want to, to open a church, I prefer evangelism. This information happened today. I was heading to visit one celester prophet, he should be in his 80s. My aunty took me to see him abt two years ago. And since then, no changes. The only changes was that I manage to moved from my previous compound to another compound after series of trials and spiritual attacks. So I went to see this prophet two weeks ago. I told him I came two years ago, I didn't tell him I came with anyone. That things ain't going well the way I want it and that each time I expecting help or contract job, I'll see myself having sex in the dream and that's the end. So he told me not to worry and listed some common things to buy, not up to 3k. I told him I don't have that cash for now because for me I really need to think abt it. He prayed for me and immediately I got home, a contract job that was suppose to commence since February, whereas the said person who was to inform me stop picking my calls, so I angrily deleted his numb. Could you believe that the person called me that I should get ready that I'll go with him the following day to Escavos to inspect the semi-submerged boat. We went the following day and return the same day. Since I got back two weeks ago, I've been waiting for a positive feedback from my boss. So yesterday I called my female friend to send me 8k yesterday which she sent me this morning. On my way to the ATM to withdraw the money, Which was intended to buy the items which the prophet requested. I got a call from and unknown number. I ignored thinking maybe it customer advert numb, then the person called back the second time, I didn't answer. So I personally return the call, and the receiver answered the call and told me his name. So I was able to identify him as my elderly cousin from mother's side. He said his pastor told him abt me that God is calling me, that his pastor want to see me. I was really flabbergasted, although it not the first time I'm hearing that. This is a guy I've not met for long. So he said tomorrow morning the pastor ask me to come see him, including my mother. Sir, if one refuse to accept a call from God, will things go so sour for him?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Kenplay:

My brother, I don't need to finish up your write-up. The title alone sent me to cloud 9. Welcome to the real freedom.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by saintfizzo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.
agnostic..... that's where I'm at too
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

The problem you have is not religion but lack of knowledge. Carry out research and you will discover that most of the medical and technological breakthrough you have today were done by Israel...a religious nation. Some of them are sophisticated military weapons. No amount of fellowship stops you from any scientific or business development. Have you not read about Ben carson ? Even The bible said long ago that the world is spherical before somebody came up with it. The bible is repleted with great men of skills and business mentality. The problem you have is that you don't do research , you just think and draw conclusion. Use Google/YouTube and check the Babylonian walls, Esther gate. As archaic and primitive Noah was , he built the ark , that same structure was discovered recently in the Turkey nation. Check Google. The owner of MBA whose business is running in trillions is a Christian. Dangote is a Muslim . Don't attribute your laziness to religion . You may even find out that the owners of the multinational firms you mentioned are Christians. TD Jakes is a writer, producer, pastor and a business man. Didn't you read about Solomon and the magnificent building he made? Check history and major discoveries of nations , the personal Info of the scientists. If i am a scientist and a successful business man, it does not make me a non Christian. Lack of business mentality and development is purley an Africa problem . We prefer to steal our nation's wealth and build empire abroad

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by ComradeOJ(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
You mustn't be harsh on him or her. If Jesus Christ is all he or she needs, then Jesus Christ should be what he or she professes. What do you need? Go out there and profess it too just like this guy here who does not need a religion.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

I am sooo happy bro!

So happy!

It's the Joy of Salvation that makes be here for you!
Pure fanatic. Extremist of the highest order. There are people before you and there will be people after you. Whatever gives you joy.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Crofton: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Myer:

Are you ignorant or just plane stupid?
Is embracing a relationship with Jesus Christ not a religion?

Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

With the number of Christians we have, what has it done to help Nigeria?

When you ask them what Christians have done, they start listing education, innovation, invention, trade, etc .

Did black Christians add to any of these ?
The religion has done greater harm to Africans than good but we have been brainwashed to see otherwise .

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:

The Nazi you're referring to is ideological. Dont relate it with religion. The Nazi felt d Jews were a menace to them In Europe and killed most of them. They didnt refer to d bible not justifyed it with a bible verse. Its pure ideology. Its d actions of individuals. Its was carried out by Nazis not christians. Bible forbids killing, yoi knows that.

The Bible justified slavery.

Ephesians 6:5 NIV

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

1st Peter 2:18

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Exodus 21:20-21

Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

I'm sure the slave masters recited these lovely bible verses to their slaves.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Pickieox(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

Christianity is a lifestyle bruv........in Acts the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch because they behaved like Christ.....so Christianity is a way of life fam.

Don't use the bybull to defend a topic of common sense. Go and make your research on christianity and let's discuss...
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HappyPagan: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Those who are quoting it. Get it?
Good. I don't like crazy people quoting me. They do not know how to keep to topic.. always preaching about some dead guy..

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Ubongdemaga: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

u r right bru. Am following u @ the back.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by showafrica(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

Lol, I understand your point and you are right. However, I advised that you may leave Nigeria Religion but dont leave the spiritual religion. I have checked very well, I have nothing to lose by following and believing in Jesus Christ on my own and still maintaining my common sense. All his teachings are straight forward and right. I love peace and I see peace in Christianity. I dont know about other religion but I see some Muslims as good people too. Been an atheist and looking at our tiny universe from the galaxies says there is something more than been a mortal and just common sense.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Blyzz:
Good, that's what I really don't want to, to open a church, I prefer evangelism. This information happened today. I was heading to visit one celester prophet, he should be in his 80s. My aunty took me to see him abt two years ago. And since then, no changes. The only changes was that I manage to moved from my previous compound to another compound after series of trials and spiritual attacks. So I went to see this prophet two weeks ago. I told him I came two years ago, I didn't tell him I came with anyone. That things ain't going well the way I want it and that each time I expecting help or contract job, I'll see myself having sex in the dream and that's the end. So he told me not to worry and listed some common things to buy, not up to 3k. I told him I don't have that cash for now because for me I really need to think abt it. He prayed for me and immediately I got home, a contract job that was suppose to commence since February, whereas the said person who was to inform me stop picking my calls, so I angrily deleted his numb. Could you believe that the person called me that I should get ready that I'll go with him the following day to Escavos to inspect the semi-submerged boat. We went the following day and return the same day. Since I got back two weeks ago, I've been waiting for a positive feedback from my boss. So yesterday I called my female friend to send me 8k yesterday which she sent me this morning. On my way to the ATM to withdraw the money, Which was intended to buy the items which the prophet requested. I got a call from and unknown number. I ignored thinking maybe it customer advert numb, then the person called back the second time, I didn't answer. So I personally return the call, and the receiver answered the call and told me his name. So I was able to identify him as my elderly cousin from mother's side. He said his pastor told him abt me that God is calling me, that his pastor want to see me. I was really flabbergasted, although it not the first time I'm hearing that. This is a guy I've not met for long. So he said tomorrow morning the pastor ask me to come see him, including my mother. Sir, if one refuse to accept a call from God, will things go so sour for him?

well man, I wouldn't say things would go sour for u..........just learn from jonah.....he tried to run away from God's call but one way or the other God still made him to accept the call...

P.S. I'm just 21 you're clearly older than me, I should be the one calling u sir.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Davidgprs:

I feel people believe in religion because they are weak. There is lot of unpleasant surprises in life, and when there is no solution for the problems, people need some consolation in the form of faith in god or spiritual leader.May be when the concept of relegion ws started, it was for good cause, but today it has taken a bad shape. Religion today is power show, money, slavery and flattery.
thank you for this input, Religion is like education, if you dont study you dont know,when the slaves were moved to America, they deprived them of study but gave them religion, the slaves were maltreated but believed it was their fate Nathaniel Turner was the first blackman that challenged slavery, why because he could read the bible,he realised some lies and truth and the brainwashing part of the religion.the native Americans later realized the lies in christianity then withdrew and formed their own freedom movement which is still their own religion, Mohammed Ali wasn't born Muslim, prophet Elijah Mohammed gave him the name,Malcolm X was born Christian later converted to moslem by Elijah Ali to help him gather supporters but when he found the truth he decided to form his own movement and he was assasinated not long after, you see how complicated Religion can get. I think freeze knows the truth which is my our prominent pastors are always after him.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pickieox:

Don't use the bybull to defend a topic of common sense. Go and make your research on christianity and let's discuss...

mr...common sense if you've made ur research properly as claimed u would also have known that the apostles were called Christians first in Antioch....Until u know that fact I have nothing to discuss with u.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:

The Nazi you're referring to is ideological. Dont relate it with religion. The Nazi felt d Jews were a menace to them In Europe and killed most of them. They didnt refer to d bible not justifyed it with a bible verse. Its pure ideology. Its d actions of individuals. Its was carried out by Nazis not christians. Bible forbids killing, yoi knows that.

Islam is to Osama Bin Laden as Christianity is to Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler killed more, 3 million jews...no jihadist in 21st century can equal that

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by archipelago: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
The comon sense you will be applying to make things to work, who is giving you? Is it not God you are worshipping that brought about the religion you are shying away from that is equipping you with the comon sense? You better retrace your steps back to God.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Crofton: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lwkmd.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Psoul(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2020

Op, you may have bn following a very wrong religion or you religion leaders are blind and lack wisdom.

My own religion taught me there there can't be success without practical aspect of it.
It tells me that faith without work is useless.
It also tells me that God says, I will bless the work of thy hands. That means that God wants us to get busy with somethin and He will bless that hand work. If you are lazy, when He wants to bless you, He will not see any work in ur hand. So no blessing for u and that means no success.

My religion also taught me that my marriage will be successful cos I am a member of a particular religion.
It tells me, Man love you wife and take care of her just as Christ loved His Church to a point of laying down His life for his church.
It also says, wife, respect your husband and be submissive to him in all good things.
Doing the above will bring success to a marriage.

For a successful nation, my religion encourages good leadership and how to make a nation successful.
It tells me that when a righteous man is a leader of a nation, the people will rejoice and the nation will grow.
A righteous leader here is that that is not corrupt.
A leader that no innocent blood is found in his palms.
The one that has the betterment of his ppl at heart.
My religion never supports any leader that do not do the above things, even if the leader is the most influential in the religion.

So Oga, go and find out where ur problem is from. I don't think it is religion. Unless u are practicing ur religion the wrong way or ur religion is a bad one.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong's White Wedding Photos / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ / True Story About Ghanaian Pastor Bathing Church Members During Crossover Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.