Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61669 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by jice(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
showafrica:

Perfect!!! Nigeria, Africa and Middle east bastardized religion

What is life to you? I believe you will not tell me it is about this transient experience of 10,20 -----99years. You feel if corona gets you today(God forbids), you have completed your circle like the grass>

Like it or not, we came from someone and we are going back to Him to give account.

God bless you
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Ericnrm(m): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
LordReed:

BTW your name reminds me of Terry Pratchett's book Sourcery. Have you read it?

I'm a huge fan of Terry Pratchett, have you read the Discworld series?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Blyzz:
Yes, I believe in Christ Jesus. I believe there's God because I've experience a lesson learnt from God himself. But without going to church or taking church serious, why I study my Bible at home and avoid wrong doing. Will that be okay? Remember it base on the topic Sir!

There is no place where JESUS said you must go to Church to be Saved!

The purpose of church is to have fellowship with fellow Luke minded brethren and to edifying one another!

It's also to help those who are weak in faith!
Not Everyone can stay without the Church.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Emilokoiyawon: 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Something some of us already did since the early 2000s. The moment I realized the scam of Islam and Christianity me I just japa and connected to Eledumare directly. No middle man needed. No book needed. No Imam needed. No pastor needed. DIRECTLY

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by showafrica(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
jice:

What is life to you? I believe you will not tell me it is about this transient experience of 10,20 -----99years. You feel if corona gets you today(God forbids), you have completed your circle like the grass>

Like it or not, we came from someone and we are going back to Him to give account.

God bless you

Your relationship with God and Christ is what matters not any religious organization.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by miketayo(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
frank317:

U believe in him to do what for u?

Lolz Africans and this sense of entitlement. Sometimes it's not about wat God can do for u, but how you live your life to please him and to make heaven.
Riches on Earth comes with luck, hard work or both.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by onlinecashers: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Why
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Kennydoc(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
the Europeans and Americans that stopped going ti school dont feel the necessity because they have people helping the country to develop but in Nigeria and Africa we need young people to go to school than worship centers because we are still underdeveloped, we need the young minds to depend on themselves than depending on God because is not coming to help the continent, we will help ourselves.

Oga, going to school and church are not mutually exclusive. That is the point I am making. I am a firm believer in God and the church, yet it didn't stop me from completing my education.
At the peak of British civilization, it was largely a Christian nation. Same can be said about many other Western European nations, even America.
Yes, we will help ourselves but we don't need to stop going to church to do that. Most people spend less than 2-4 hours in church every week out of 168 hours they have in a week. How come church takes the blame? What do they do with the remaining 164-166 hours?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Crofton: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
bigname23:
na lie b4 wat have u guys done for dis country ...all u do cum here say to Islam and christainity are cause of Nigeria's problem but u have done nothing to help..I blame pepo wey dey follow u argue...u are here claiming intelligence and u never use ur intelligence do something wen we pepo take know u .

My guy, nobody dey claim intelligence here .

I'm only trying to unravel the minds of some people here to retract from religiousness .

If Christians have the right to persuade and preach their religion willfully, I see no reason why I can't .

And Yes, before you start shouting - what has atheists done -, I see no reason to allocate individual achievement to the individual's religion or belief .

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kennydoc:

Oga, my point to you is that no part of the world is perfect. People may have the good things of life in the West but doesn't necessarily mean they are happier than their African counterparts. There are rich people who suffer from depression and endless crises in their homes, while some poor people are living in peace and tranquility. Peaceful life is beyond the material things we can see.

What the governments of the US and European nations are doing don't summarise the lives of average citizens of those countries. Whether America is able to steal from Venezuela or not has little or nothing to do with the quality of lives of average Americans. There is no documented proof that Americans were happier 30 years ago than they are now.

"Instead of going to school, we are going to church..." What kind of rubbish talk is that? Did anybody tell you they couldn't go to school because they were going to church? Schools are open from Monday to Friday while churches are open on Sundays. Has anyone been denied of going to school because of church?
Today, there are many Europeans and Americans who no longer go to school (beyond secondary or high school). Many of them don't even go to universities anymore yet at the same time, they don't go to church. How come you're linking poor education with going to church?
the Europeans and Americans that stopped going ti school dont feel the necessity because they have people helping the country to develop, but in Nigeria and Africa we need young people to go to school than worship centers because we are still underdeveloped, we need the young minds to depend on themselves than depending on God because is not coming to help the continent, we will help ourselves.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Korosi771: 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
You are very right bro. I just came to the realization of this since I started researching about myself and the world I'm leaving in

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
you're welcome bro.

continue walking on the path of common sense and logic.

on behalf of all NL Atheists i welcome you once again!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Psoul:

God is a Religion himself.

Do you doubt that?

Which religion is God grin
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CAPSLOCKED: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kennydoc:

Oga, going to school and church are not mutually exclusive. That is the point I am making. I am a firm believer in God and the church, yet it didn't stop me from completing my education.
At the peak of British civilization, it was largely a Christian nation. Same can be said about many other Western European nations, even America.
Yes, we will help ourselves but we don't need to stop going to church to do that. Most people spend less than 2-4 hours in church every week out of 168 hours they have in a week. How come church takes the blame? What do they do with the remaining 164-166 hours?
lol im getting you point somehow but you are going to church with convenient and educated people as i can see but thats not the case for most Nigerians Christians, i was born and i lived most of my important teenage age in osun, i almost became a pastor from the brainwashing from the pastors,i even did 3days white fasting and prayer to pass my waec and the painful part is a later changed my surname after some revelations which rendered my waec useless, and let me make you laff,the exam i fasted for,i cheated in most calculation subjects.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigyouth: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Please read this wonderful book ''The God Delusion'' by Richard Dawkins.

You will make a stand. I had this same awareness long ago in my life.

More to follow

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nowenuse: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol you're Awesome just know that ♥️♥️

Like seriously, where do you guys get all these pictures? To be sincere, even as a believer, Atheist pictures and words pierce my soul, cos they are purely reasonable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by virago(f): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.

Just believe , no questions asked In life I've come to see that anything you can't question or criticise is usually a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by MrSensor(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
hahn:

Jesus Christ never existed
fool
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kennydoc:

the same thing when i was writing jamb,i fasted into the exam all, which i know many Christian kids can also testify to and at the end of the day i dropped out to find greener pasture that later looked brown
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by virago(f): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
atheistandproud:

Welcome to the family bro.

He hasn't claimed to be an atheist , he's still a step behind
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by hahn(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
MrSensor:
fool

That's what your mother says when she sees your father

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by tk003(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

well, i don't know which religion you have practiced. Because my own religion actually encourages us to apply our sense. ("common sense"wink
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by virago(f): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

You're still a step behind , very soon you'll realise there is/are no God/god/Gods/gods either

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Lavisha(f): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jesus is ALIVE and HE reigns.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by eagleonearth(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Missyajoke:
Your relationship with Christ matters forget about religion and focus on Christ. The Bible says'' Look unto God the author and the Finisher of our Faith.
Looking unto Jesus... I know Jesus is God but we need to put stress on that name.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Crunchyg3: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

You can leave religion but never leave Jesus Christ because he is the only saviour of your soul
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Lavisha(f): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
virago:

You're still a step behind , very soon you'll realise there is/are no God/god/Gods/gods either
Babe, you can say whatever you want but one thing is certain..
JESUS lives.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by showafrica(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
well according to history, the white dude brought Christianity to use and told us our Gods are demons,here we are today living the lies.

I reasoned this like a free thinker and discovered that Truth is the only thing that lasts. Why would a black man god be killing twins when there is nothing really wrong with having twins. Only the truth holds water...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Komu1048(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

I am sooo happy bro!

So happy!

It's the Joy of Salvation that makes be here for you!

I just love your love for Christ and I’m proud as well,if I’m this happy imagine how God will be. Unapologetically pursuing after God cause

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

There is no place where JESUS said you must go to Church to be Saved!

The purpose of church is to have fellowship with fellow Luke minded brethren and to edifying one another!

It's also to help those who are weak in faith!
Not Everyone can stay without the Church.

well people can stay without the church. The pandemic has made it clear. Praying in one's closet can connect one to God!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by MrSensor(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
hahn:

That's what your mother says when she sees your father
fool x 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto: Lady Sees Her Menstruation In Enugu 6 Years After / "Is This Christianity?" Lady Asks After Her Pastor Scolded Her For Wearing This / Man Bows For Pastor Sam Jaiyeola, Greets Him In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.