Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61555 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:

Capslocked my man. cheesy

Most people on the thread are saying they aren’t religious,don’t believe in pastors and some even said they don’t believe in the Bible but they believe in God. shocked
How can you believe in God and not believe in religion and the Bible? As long as you believe in God you are religious because god is a product of religion. If it weren’t for Christian religion most of them wouldn’t have believed in God in the first place so
they’re simply deceiving themselves .

SIMPLE.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Daejoyoung: 8:09am On Jun 25, 2020
Plead:

Capslocked my man. cheesy

Most people on the thread are saying they aren’t religious,don’t believe in pastors and some even said they don’t believe in the Bible but they believe in God. shocked
How can you believe in God and not believe in religion and the Bible? As long as you believe in God you are religious because god is a product of religion. If it weren’t for Christian religion most of them wouldn’t have believed in God in the first place so they’re simply deceiving themselves.
It is possible to believe in God without religion. It is true that God is a product of religion too, but then the question of God is also philosophical and in some instances, a scientific question.
So the one who puts aside religion, could also decide to continue believing in God as the intelligence or force behind creation but not necessarily adhering to religious stories.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
Daejoyoung:

It is possible to believe in God without religion. It is true that God is a product of religion too, but then the question of God is also philosophical and in some instances, a scientific question.
So the one who puts aside religion, could also decide to continue believing in God as the intelligence or force behind creation but not necessarily adhering to religious stories.

You are deceiving yourself.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Bestx(m): 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
Leave Religion but hold fast to the truth. The truth is God's Word. Jesus is the way the truth & the life.
B= Basic
I= Instructions
B= Before
L= Leaving
E= Earth

Christianity is a way of life, that leads to eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Daejoyoung: 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Plead:

You are deceiving yourself.
How is that?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by ArcToyin(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

You may lay religious aside but never lay relationship with Jesus and God aside, biko.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by golddeejay(m): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Congratulations! Only few practise religion with rational thinking. A religious person still think I am a fool for giving my tenth to the needy, instead of one god of men.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by AeroplaneApple: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2020
U
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by yungevvy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro ! I have a Message for you! Ordinarily I would have kept quiet but it's in my Heart!

Bro you should not have insulted the HOLY SPIRIT in your write up the other day!

I saw it and I was sad for your sake!

My Brother you should not have done that! There are certain things u don't do in life..

Bro, please I'm just curious, what are the consequences, and can someone be forgiven?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
yungevvy:

Bro, please I'm just curious, what are the consequences, and can someone be forgiven?

My Brother, that's between the person and JESUS Christ...

My hands no der there!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Tansismmg(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

Who is Jesus Christ in of God almighty, why can’t you tell him to believe in instead of Jesus Christ
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Tansismmg(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
Well as for me I don’t go to church or mosque but I do believe in God almighty, most pastors and imam or whatever do not live their life’s according to the Bible but they tell people to believe in the scripture. Have been to winners (ota) where a kid walk up to me that his hungry and I ask him if his a member of the church which he said yes that his parent inside the church. So I begin to wonder, how can someone be hungry in the richest pastor church, a pastor who has a private plane and there is no cateen for his member to eat free food.
So I decide not to go church or mosque again instead I will pray to God myself and he will surely ans me.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GeeBeeWillie(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Is only a full, infact fullllllll that will be talking of JESUS and BIBLE as if it is thier crazy father(satan) and sexual book, JESUS is my Lord and SAVOUR.
Look am a philosopher an a first class so if you are ready talk to me.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by VirginFinder: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Bbrother, that's between the person and JESUS Christ...

My hands no der there!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by LogicalZubby(m): 12:53am On Jul 11, 2020
bigname23:
based on ur thoughts guy ...not on reality
Jesus never existed in reality.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GeeBeeWillie(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
GeeBeeWillie:
What is Religion? Religion is a phenomeno of social and spiritual colaboration resulting into God worship. why said you dont want to be in an experience of church or together with worshipers when worshiping God? Gtuism
Then you belong to ATR (African Traditional Religion) through your thinking way of observations and traditional way of live, thi's showing buldly that you are an African Notoriouse philosopher with absolute mine of criticisms and intellectual idear of dyveting pp mines and intenssing

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.