Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61607 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

There goes your defence of religion, over the hills and far away.

You're laughably pathetic. Try again.

To quote your silly religious book written by drunk goatherds in the Judean wilderness, "anyone who calls another fool is in the danger of hellfire", I'm quoting Jesus word for word now.

It shows you don't even know what you're practicing.

I hope your enjoy your imaginary place of torment.
eyah sorry ehh ...but even Paul called d Galatians foolish wen dey acted follishly
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Lavisha(f): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
virago:

In your fickle mind
I'm sure you know Rome/Italians. If they need the truth, those peeps can get the strongest of men to rat. They fried men alive, did imaginable mutilations and so on.. .. BUT, none of Jesus's desciple ratted! 12 men cannot keep a lie till their horrible deaths. Now, the question is "Where is the body"? The answer is "There is no body"
Jesus resurrected!
Think about it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
Bros just confess dat u are dumb na..all dis atheists will be coming to nairaland to shout use ur common sense and u cannot even it ur self...who talked about English here ?.. I was only trying to explain to a dull fool like u dat u are not supposed to take everything in d bible as a commandment from God ..but it seems like d only reason u became atheist was becos u were too dull to understand d bible..mumu.
Atheist are dull, yet Christianity have the highest rate of poverty hence uneducated illiterates, you can't even type in full sentence, you can't spell words properly, you make use of punctuation marks recklessly, how do you even understand what you read.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kenplay:

Please no insult in my thread, I will report your account if you spill any more insult, if you dont have the intelligence for fact and matured discussion then back off.
I WONT WARN YOU AGAIN
When one intelligence fail him they resort to insult, just like kids fight because they lack the cognitive to interact properly.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
This theist thinks insult helps them pass their point across, not realizing it only shows failure to pass your point across.

This is what happens when a religious book make it seem cool and OK to insult any one with a different moral stand from you, fools, infidel, sinners.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Atheist are dull, yet Christianity have the highest rate of poverty hence uneducated illiterates, you can't even type in full sentence, you can't spell words properly, you make use of punctuation marks recklessly, how do you even understand what you read.
guy where did u get dat statistics from? I don't know y u guys like to lie alot nd from reading both our comments I don,t see y u think ur English is better than mine,d only thing I do is write in short form because m not writing an application letter..if u can't understand dat then it is ur problem not mine...since ur so called education cannot make u understand words written in short form den I don't have anything else to say to u
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

There goes your defence of religion, over the hills and far away.

You're laughably pathetic. Try again.

To quote your silly religious book written by drunk goatherds in the Judean wilderness, "anyone who calls another fool is in the danger of hellfire", I'm quoting Jesus word for word now.

It shows you don't even know what you're practicing.

I hope your enjoy your imaginary place of torment.

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
This theist thinks insult helps them pass their point across, not realizing it only shows failure to pass your point across.

This is what happens when a religious book make it seem cool and OK to insult any one with a different moral stand from you, fools, infidel, sinners.
if we shud start Checking comments now ...u will discover dat most insults are from athiests, infact most of the atheists who quoted righteousness insulted hin
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Chuukwudi(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lavisha:

I'm sure you know Rome/Italians.
If they need the truth, those peeps can get the strongest of men to rat.
They fried men alive, did imaginable mutilations and so on..
.. BUT, none of Jesus's desciple ratted!
12 men cannot keep a lie till their horrible deaths.
Now, the question is "Where is the body"?
The answer is "There is no body"

Jesus resurrected!

Think about it.

Christ didn't not rise again in flesh. Even a typical well read roman Catholic or theology student knows that.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
When one intelligence fail him they resort to insult, just like kids fight because they lack the cognitive to interact properly.
Bros everybody uses insult so don't cum here to start lying. infact u guy are d ones who resort to insults d most.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
u are even more laughable ...becos wen somebody stands up to u guys u will start claiming d moral high ground .. when it was actually u guys dat started d insult...u are talking about stereotype wen u try to shame somebody becos u think their use of English is bad ,wat do u call dat
Insults, you theist do far much than insults, claiming everyone apart from you is going to an imaginary hell and burn for ever.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
run , becos dat is wat u guys do..run anytime u meet somebody who can stand up to u ...all of a sudden u want me to read d Bible ...Bros abeg go sleep..and if I shud argue using scriptures u will call it foolishness..now u want me to use scriptures
nobody is running anywhere, I see your English have improve, nice.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Insults, you theist do far much than insults, claiming everyone apart from you is going to an imaginary hell and burn for ever.
Bros if dat sounds like an insult to u, den u shud not b relating with Christians
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
nobody is running anywhere, I see your English have improve nice.
my english was never bad,and if we were to start scrutinizing our use of English den wat u wrote above is not even correct...(I see u have improved on ur use of English )
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
Bros if dat sounds like an insult to u, den u shud not b relating with Christians
It's an insult to my intelligence, trying to pass on your opinion as fact.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
my english was never bad,and if we were to start scrutinizing our use of English den wat u wrote above is not even correct...(I see u have improved on ur use of English )
If that helps proving your illusion, go for it.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Ubongdemaga: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
Roman7:

from what you've said it's clear u believe in God, but don't have any personal relationship with him, all u need do is kneel, sit or stand whatever position suits u and tell God to come into ur life, accept that he died for ur sins and rose again tell him to come take first place in ur life, and confess any sin u know of......He'd have forgiven u.....u would want to ask how....i'll tell u you'd feel a certain peace in ur mind....just continue leaving out d instructions in the Bible and pray regularly I believe God will show him what he wants from u.........thats if he actually wants u in his vineyard.
bru i really appreciates ur concern but let go further. I believe in God and Jesus. I hav so far read cover my bible from genesis to Matthew which by his grace i will cover the whole bible dis year. I am from a well rooted Christian home but i had a problem since 2013 which i trusted God 2 help me solve it but till today that problem is still there. I didn't believe in fasting before my predicament but i hav done 3 days dry fasting ,i mean no food 4 3days and 3 night. I hav done fasting that i don't talk 2 some1 else from 6am - 6pm, only saying ''Jesus of nazareth hav mercy on me'' has directed by the man of God. I hav prayed in odd hours like 12-1 midnight 4 7 days but brother all this thing don't work 4 me and am still in d midst of that problem today. So my brother i hav seen alot in this life. When people talk about having encounter with God i always get confused

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by whitebeard(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
tunjijones:

Yes I read the hogwash that was written there. And am sure you know that it didnt answer the question.

Have asked this same question in church several times and nobody seem to have a direct answer they just beat around the bush just like ur write up.
be going...I have done my part...goodbye
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by whitebeard(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Really?
You must be mistaken me for your father...
world prisoner..after u na still u..!!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
It's an insult to my intelligence, trying to pass on your opinion as fact.
on d contrary u guys are d ones always trying to impose ur opinion on others... guy stay in ur lane and let other pepo express their belief
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
If that helps proving your illusion, go for it.
na u dey form English proffesor oh..
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by abbatoir(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesseract:

And where did you get the notion that I want to become an atheist? Did I mention that in my post?
Fanatical muslims believe that anyone who is not practicing their form of religion is an infidel and should be harmed.
A lot of Christians on the other hand are crooked in their ways, they commit atrocities in the guise of being under grace. They claim to be Christians but their hearts are not renewed. They don't fear God, they only respect money and power. Some denominations don't interact with others because they feel those denominations are teaching false doctrines.
I [b]believe in God and I strive to improve my relationship with him via his word. I study.
My dealings with God is not religion, it's a conscious relationship, a very [/b]deliberate one.

Stop jumping into conclusions... smh

Chat me up on WhatsApp..we got to talk
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Sadteen: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
jice:

What is life to you? I believe you will not tell me it is about this transient experience of 10,20 -----99years. You feel if corona gets you today(God forbids), you have completed your circle like the grass>

Like it or not, we came from someone and we are going back to Him to give account.

God bless you
This whole going back to give account to a man with flowing white beards sitting on a golden throne makes me want to vomit. Can't we just enjoy the one life we are lucky to have and stop propagating all this ridiculous claims that has no proof and does nothing but paints a picture of a sadistic wicked God who gets off on watching his creation suffer

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Lavisha(f): 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Christ didn't not rise again in flesh. Even a typical well read roman Catholic or theology student knows that.
If he didn't resurrected in flesh, where is the body?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigfrancis21: 11:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
bru i really appreciates ur concern but let go further. I believe in God and Jesus. I hav so far read cover my bible from genesis to Matthew which by his grace i will cover the whole bible dis year. I am from a well rooted Christian home but i had a problem since 2013 which i trusted God 2 help me solve it but till today that problem is still there. I didn't believe in fasting before my predicament but i hav done 3 days dry fasting ,i mean no food 4 3days and 3 night. I hav done fasting that i don't talk 2 some1 else from 6am - 6pm, only saying ''Jesus of nazareth hav mercy on me'' has directed by the man of God. I hav prayed in odd hours like 12-1 midnight 4 7 days but brother all this thing don't work 4 me and am still in d midst of that problem today. So my brother i hav seen alot in this life. When people talk about having encounter with God i always get confused

Some challenges humans face are actually here to teach us certain lessons ‘the hard way’, lessons which ordinarily we won’t learn by our free will. Until these lessons are learned on a soul level these hardships will remain. Until religion expands its limits to understand some very basic universal laws, a lot of its adherents will be full of confusion. These hardships accelerate the growth of the inner soul faster than lives of ease.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Image123(m): 1:49am On Jun 21, 2020
Rolly22:

Only a Foolish African says Christ is his Creator, my ancestors have been here before The Bible so don't come at me with that crap.

Oh so you think the Bible formed Christ? You must think the map was here before the earth then.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Sadteen: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Masking:
God does speak to us. Can you figure out how?

At your example, you say all of that becos you do not understand d resons for the evil and suffering in d world.

Now lets go back to what d world was like when God first made it: A beautiful garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were to fill d earth with children and subdue it. But they were given a very simple rule. The devil however made them an offer which he they considered more superb than d one God did them. The result of that decision is what we are still experiencing thousands of years later.

Now God is his infinite mercy recognises that his intentions for humans was not for them to die at a 100 years or even fall sick. So he makes a remedy for people who do not wish to tow the part of Adam and Eve by providing the ransom. If you believe as recorded in John 3:16, you'll be saved.

You see ehn, service to God is quite easy and straight forward. But people have complicated it with several dogmas and doctrines. If you desire to know the truth about God, you could.

Think about how God took his time to prepare the earth, 5 good days, before making man on the 6th day. And tell me if God did not create man for enjoyment. That same God is the one you're describing as abusive.

Why not take time to get to know him better?

All of what you wrote doesn't make sense. I have a copy of the Bible, I haven't read it all but I have read 70% of it. The reason I said everything you wrote doesn't make sense is because, in your attempt to excuse God from the problems of this world, you -- like most Christians -- is painting a picture of a God who likes to complicate things for himself and his children.

We know how sin came into the world, we know that God put the tree in the garden even though he knew they would eat its fruit, we know that God knew the devil would turn against him and deceive his children but he still created him, we know that everything that happens, God allows it, which includes but not limited to creating his arch enemy and letting him rebel against him at the expense of leading his children to hell he already had in mind of creating since the beginning of time, letting sin enter the world which he could have simply averted or solved afterwards easily by the word of his mouth without having to sacrifice himself to himself, sending the devil to earth instead of sending him elsewhere, where he won't get to deceive the world and plunge us into this mess. If God had banned him from coming in contact with his children, Lucifer wouldn't have access to the supposed enjoyment garden God created for his children. If God had truly intended them to live an enjoyable life in the Garden, he would have gone out of his way to ensure that things didn't go south. That is what fathers do for their children. I have parents and I can tell how much they sacrifice to see that I don't thread the wrong path. If my parents treats me the way the biblical God treats his children, my life would be way worse than it already is.

The mess we are in right now, it is safe to say that it is God who created it. The Bible said that God made good and evil. God is solely responsible for bringing evil into this world not the woman, Eve.

If you truly love someone, you go out your way to protect them and care for them

I still maintain that God's children are suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
I agree with this.

God is the creator of everything, hence, the creator of that same sin he doesn't want us committing.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Why did God create evil.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by ugbashipeterele: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
omoiyamayor:
A white man is living his heaven on earth and tells blackman to wait to die before going to heaven. We are brainwashed.
the white has blind us with their belief

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by stealmatic(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Emmacolinho:

Read Romans Chp 15 Vs 4. John 3 Vs 25 John 21 Vs 25 the bible does not contain everything that was done/Happened and if you need more clarification, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. Remember that "By strength. Shall no man prevail". Best regards
eyin people yi,e tun de oooo, all dis gibrish dat u can't explain,
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=90846623][/quote]
Capslocked my man. cheesy

Most people on the thread are saying they aren’t religious,don’t believe in pastors and some even said they don’t believe in the Bible but they believe in God. shocked
How can you believe in God and not believe in religion and the Bible? As long as you believe in God you are religious because god is a product of religion. If it weren’t for Christian religion most of them wouldn’t have believed in God in the first place so they’re simply deceiving themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.