Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61408 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Ubongdemaga: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2020
Roman7:

sorry for replying late, uhm!!! for u to know if God is calling u, u must have a relationship with God, But even if you've not had one he can still call u like he did Paul, God speaks through people, he speaks through dreams, he could also just drop that impression on ur mind...but you wouldn't know it's God if you've not had a relationship with him.....just have create a relationship with Him and ask him what is his plans for ur life.....He'll definitely tell u........Thanks hope I've been able to help
i don't really understand what u mean by having a relationship with God or how to create it. I am a free minded person. I don't think too much on things i knw i can't change. I don't believe in dreams and non of my dreams @ night comes 2 reality. I read my bible just 4 knowledge seek. I hav no dream of serving God in any capacity order than going 2 Sundays and other church programs but most time i visit a prophet , they will tell me God is calling me which i always doubt. Its more than 4 prophets and prophetess that say this. I am not a church going type. Sometimes once or twice a year. Like this year only 3 times and dat was January. God has never revealed himself 2 me or try to create the relationship u r talking about with me and am not bother about that. Like u said Paul and Jonah in the bible, these guys did not choose to hav an encounter wit God but God chose them. Just like the gift of holy spirit, the spirit chooses what to give u and not u choosing what u want. God has not revealed himself 2 me, i hav not created a relationship wit him, my dreams @ night r just stupid dreams which never come 2 pass. But my worry is almost 5 prophets hav said i hav calling 2 serve God. But i don't believe this
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Psoul:

I love this essay cos in every of your comments you either contradicts urself or raises a new topic.
With this essay I have bn trying to;
1. Correct ur impression about religion
2. Teach you how to use word technically and be careful at every word u put in ur sentence.

After writing as you, then read it again as someone else. With this you will make a good user of words.

Back to our topic. Check the bold sentence in ur comment.
Going by that, you drew you conclusion of religion bn bullshit from the premise, Nigeria.
The size of you premise is too small to draw such a huge conclusion.
So I would have prefer u saying that Nigeria religion is bullshit. It may be fallacious, but the error can be pardonable.

This brought us back to my previous stand that religion is not bullshit.
You can only see it so if;
1.Religious ppl u knw are practicing wrong religion
2.The thing u called religion was created by evil ppl in the name of religion
3.You don't understand what religion is all about
and so on.
Thanks.

The world would be better off without religion.

Whatever good you think religion does, there are a thousand wrongs and damages it has done over the last thousand years.

No religion in Nigeria preaches love totally...
Christianity condones slavery and Islam condones jihad.

Show me a religion that preaches love without contradicting the same preaching later on...

Reason why I said religion is bullshit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
i don't really understand what u mean by having a relationship with God or how to create it. I am a free minded person. I don't think too much on things i knw i can't change. I don't believe in dreams and non of my dreams @ night comes 2 reality. I read my bible just 4 knowledge seek. I hav no dream of serving God in any capacity order than going 2 Sundays and other church programs but most time i visit a prophet , they will tell me God is calling me which i always doubt. Its more than 4 prophets and prophetess that say this. I am not a church going type. Sometimes once or twice a year. Like this year only 3 times and dat was January. God has never revealed himself 2 me or try to create the relationship u r talking about with me and am not bother about that. Like u said Paul and Jonah in the bible, these guys did not choose to hav an encounter wit God but God chose them. Just like the gift of holy spirit, the spirit chooses what to give u and not u choosing what u want. God has not revealed himself 2 me, i hav not created a relationship wit him, my dreams @ night r just stupid dreams which never come 2 pass. But my worry is almost 5 prophets hav said i hav calling 2 serve God. But i don't believe this

from what you've said it's clear u believe in God, but don't have any personal relationship with him, all u need do is kneel, sit or stand whatever position suits u and tell God to come into ur life, accept that he died for ur sins and rose again tell him to come take first place in ur life, and confess any sin u know of......He'd have forgiven u.....u would want to ask how....i'll tell u you'd feel a certain peace in ur mind....just continue leaving out d instructions in the Bible and pray regularly I believe God will show him what he wants from u.........thats if he actually wants u in his vineyard.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Greatzeus(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2020
I left religion the day I accepted Jesus. Now it's me and Jesus for life,I ain't leaving him,not even for all the fortune fame and pleasure in the world.
Thank you Jesus for saving me wink
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Psoul(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2020
BlackManta:

Whatever good you think religion does, there are a thousand wrongs and damages it has done over the last thousand years.

Show me a religion that preaches love without contradicting the same preaching later on...

Whatever that rock ur boat. grin
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2020
KennedicalEnergy:
Leave religion and do not leave Jesus Christ. He is the only way, the truth and life.
Bible remains the only perfect book. I invite you to join me in my daily Bible reading, you won't regret if you do.

There is life after death. Those that rejected the salvation of Our Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell. Believe it or not.

The same Bible that permits:
1. Slavery
2. Genocide
3. Conquest
4. Discrimination of women
5. Warfare
6. Land grabbing and ethnic cleansing
7. Racism and tribalism

When you have a Bible and don't read it, you become a Catholic, when you have a Bible and read only the parts that suit you, you become an evangelical/Pentecostal. When you buy a Bible and read it cover to cover, you become an atheist/agnostic.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

The same Bible that permits:
1. Slavery
2. Genocide
3. Conquest
4. Discrimination of women
5. Warfare
6. Land grabbing and ethnic cleansing
7. Racism and tribalism

When you have a Bible and don't read it, you become a Catholic, when you have a Bible and read only the parts that suit you, you become an evangelical/Pentecostal. When you buy a Bible and read it cover to cover, you become an atheist/agnostic.
no sorry wen u read d Bible and u don't understand it u become an atheist...and for ur info Mr Man Jesus never instructed us to follow d Bible he said live by d word of God..and word of God is in d Bible but not d Bible...because not everyword in d Bible was from God ...even d d devil spoke in d bible
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by oka4mt: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

Preach

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
no sorry wen u read d Bible and u don't understand it u become an atheist...and for ur info Mr Man Jesus never instructed us to follow d Bible he said live by d word of God..and word of God is in d Bible but not d Bible...because not everyword in d Bible was from God ...even d d devil spoke in d bible

You're a confused fellow Mr Man. Read what you wrote at the bolded.

Moving on, during his encounter with Satan in the Judean desert, Jesus said and I quote "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God". It is widely accepted that the Bible in it's entirety is the word of god.

So do you admit that the Bible is not perfect and shouldn't be followed at all? Is the Bible no longer the standard for Christians to base their lives on?

I'm only responding to your poorly contrived statement.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
BlackManta:

It's doesn't mater what they preach, 2,000 all their God did was fail, how can a God, a God fail in the pass 2,000 years... except, it is man made.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Greatzeus:
I left religion the day I accepted Jesus. Now it's me and Jesus for life,I ain't leaving him,not even for all the fortune fame and pleasure in the world.
Thank you Jesus for saving me wink
If you like_ don't make use of your time on earth, it will shock you there's no after life.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
You think those who read the Bible don't understand English or you're trying to insult their intelligence.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You think those who read the Bible don't understand English or you're trying to insult their intelligence.

His grammar is looking suspicious sef. I starting to doubt if his comprehension of English is tenable.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

His grammar is looking suspicious sef. I starting to doubt if his comprehension of English is tenable.
Watch as the number of this thread will Keep increasing, they don't know it's as a result of their incompetency to prove their illusion.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Watch as the number of this thread will Keep increasing, they don't know it's as a result of their incompetency to prove their illusion.
are you an Antichrist?whats your mission
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

Very futile attempt

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

shut up there ...Mr English language...u are talking about english ..shey u done use English chop dis morning...loser like u ..so ur own knowledge of English is to cum here and write nonsense...broke English teacher like u
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
shut up there ...Mr English language...u are talking about english ..shey u done use English chop dis morning...loser like u ..so ur own knowledge of English is to cum here and write nonsense...broke English teacher like u
Please no insult in my thread, So far you religious commenters have not proven anything tangible to convince me.

Please No insult in my thread, ONLY FACT AND EVIDENCE s allowed

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Rozz:
[s] are you an Antichrist?whats your mission [/s]
If you like spend your youth chasing your shadow.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kenplay:

Please no insult in my thread, So far you religious commenters have not proven anything tangible to convince me.

Please No insult in my thread, ONLY FACT AND EVIDENCE s allowed
That's how they are, they resort to insult if they have nothing to say.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:

Well actually English language (as a writer) helps me to live very comfortably during this Corona lockdown. So much so that, I actually have 100k plus for a new device. Beat that! grin

This is where your defence of religion ended. It's a sad shame. You have just proven the stereotype that the most ardent defenders of religion are the uneducated, the semi-literate and the ill-informed (ignorant). Karl Marx refers to them as the proletariat desperately searching for the opium of religion.

Go and re-examine your beliefs, as well as your poor grammar sir. Good day.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Bros just confess dat u are dumb na..all dis atheists will be coming to nairaland to shout use ur common sense and u cannot even it ur self...who talked about English here ?.. I was only trying to explain to a dull fool like u dat u are not supposed to take everything in d bible as a commandment from God ..but it seems like d only reason u became atheist was becos u were too dull to understand d bible..mumu.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tccccc:

It’s quiet shameful that many people worship and dignify the image of a white man( Jesus Christ) brought to us by the same people who exploit us everyday(slavery) and claim he is God. U talk about ruthlessness in the Old Testament and they run to the New Testament as if it,s a different God. Logic and reasoning is imbued and always applied in our everyday life except when it comes to religion we are asked to just believe and not ask questions. Some claim to believe Jesus because they experienced him(visions, dreams) forgetting that these stories have already been handed down to them from when they were kids(when their sense of judgement and boundaries have not been set) indoctrination at its peak.some people have scammed others using the name of Jesus even tho at the mention of his name every knee should have bowed including the scammer. The Bible in the Old Testament and new both supported slavery even human sacrifice but yet people always make up reasons why God did so. Wars and killings have been done in the name of Jesus, Allah nd other Deities more than it has been done in the name of satan. Ancestral curse has never followed Germany or Belgium who murdered millions of people but it has always been our problem. None of Paul,s letter were addressed to any Black continent including egypt nd even Ethiopia which were mentioned in the Bible but yet we read letters addressed to others and claim it’s for us. Mohammed married a six years old girl and had intercourse with her at nine yet people see him as a role model, why would a supreme being just sit and watch us kill ourselves in the name of finding him. Our problems are ours to solve because if religion has ever been the answer then Nigeria would be among the top countries in the world. We all need to look inward and control our beliefs not the other way round. This is not an attack on any particular religion. Am jst saying the whole concept of religion is false. Existence of a supreme being is highly probable nd logical but none of these religions know anything about him/her/it. Read carefully before u start pointing fingers.

Spot on
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
Bros just confess dat u are dumb na..all dis atheists will be coming to nairaland to shout use ur common sense and u cannot even it ur self...who talked about English here ?.. I was only trying to explain to a dull fool like u dat u are not supposed to take everything in d bible as a commandment from God ..but it seems like d only reason u became atheist was becos u were too dull to understand d bible..mumu.
Please no insult in my thread, I will report your account if you spill any more insult, if you dont have the intelligence for fact and matured discussion then back off.
I WONT WARN YOU AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

Well actually English language (as a writer) helps me to live very comfortably during this Corona lockdown. So much so that, I actually have 100k plus for a new device. Beat that! grin

This is where your defence of religion ended. It's a sad shame. You have just proven the stereotype that the most ardent defenders of religion are the uneducated, the semi-literate and the ill-informed (ignorant). Karl Marx refers to them as the proletariat desperately searching for the opium of religion.

Go and re-examine your beliefs, as well as your poor grammar sir. Good day.

Bros shut up dere u dey 100k a month and u think u are living life wat my younger broda spends in a week and he does not even feel it self ...abi make I send u my glk picture mumu..by d way my english is not bad ,if u are having problem with my use of English den u are definitely stupid becos I converse with more important pepo than u on a daily basis ..so if pepo that add value to my life don't have an issue with my english...den y will I b bothered becos of a fool like u
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
Bros shut up dere u dey 100k a month and u think u are living life wat younger broda spends in a week and he does not even feel it self ...abi make I send u my glk picture mumu..by d way my english is not bad ,if u are having problem with my use of English den u are definitely stupid becos I converse with more important pepo than u on a daily basis ..so if pepo t

There goes your defence of religion, over the hills and far away.

You're laughably pathetic. Try again.

To quote your silly religious book written by drunk goatherds in the Judean wilderness, "anyone who calls another fool is in the danger of hellfire", I'm quoting Jesus word for word now.

It shows you don't even know what you're practicing.

I hope your enjoy your imaginary place of torment.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

There goes your defence of religion, over the hills and far away.

You're laughably pathetic. Try again.

u are even more laughable ...becos wen somebody stands up to u guys u will start claiming d moral high ground .. when it was actually u guys dat started d insult...u are talking about stereotype wen u try to shame somebody becos u think their use of English is bad ,wat do u call dat
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
u are even more laughable ...becos wen somebody stands up to u guys u will start claim d moral high ground .. when it was actually u guys dat started d insult...dat ode was talking about stereotype wen u try to shame somebody becos u think their use of English is bad ,wat do u call dat

I don't need to think. I can see what I'm reading.

Check back when you've read your Bible properly. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigname23:
u are even more laughable ...becos wen somebody stands up to u guys u will start claiming d moral high ground .. when it was actually u guys dat started d insult...u are talking about stereotype wen u try to shame somebody becos u think their use of English is bad ,wat do u call dat
if u cannot read dis den u need to go for eye check-up
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
Are there any proper intellectuals with a brain willing to provide evidence on behalf of religion please?

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

I don't need to think. I can see what I'm reading.

Check back when you've read your Bible properly. Ciao.
run , becos dat is wat u guys do..run anytime u meet somebody who can stand up to u ...all of a sudden u want me to read d Bible ...Bros abeg go sleep..and if I shud argue using scriptures u will call it foolishness..now u want me to use scriptures
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:
Are there any proper intellectuals with a brain willing to provide evidence on behalf of religion please?
all u guys do is claim intelligence ...and u usually don't say anything intelligent..

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.