Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling (34218 Views)

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) / Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by dre11(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Employee commits suicide in Bayelsa after losing boss’ N150,000 to gambling

A 28-YEAR-OLD man, identified simply as Suga, has committed suicide in Bayelsa State.

Suga, who hailed from Nembe Local Government Area of the state, allegedly poisoned himself with a substance suspected to be Sniper (insecticide) after using his boss’ money worth N150,000 to play bet9ja virtual games.

It was learnt that he killed himself on Wednesday after staking a variant of bet9ja popularly called ‘Ogbu ngwa ngwa’, which literally translates as ‘it kills quicker than normal football matches’.

This virtual game is said to last less than two minutes and one either wins or loses and it is controlled by computers as programmed.

A community source, who craved anonymity, said Suga used to run a Bet9ja shop for his unnamed boss in Bassambiri Nembe area of the state.

The source said the money the deceased used to play the virtual bets was meant for the day’s work.

The source stated: “Suga, not knowing how to explain the situation to his boss, made him to take his own life.”

Suga’s death is said to have increased the number of people who have died from betting and gambling since last year in the state to three.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Command, Mr Asinim Butswat, said though the police were aware of the incident, the matter was not officially reported.

“The Divisional Police Officer of Bassambri Nembe said the incident was not reported officially to the police. He, however, said they heard about the incident,” the spokesman stated.

https://thenationonlineng.net/employee-commits-suicide-in-bayelsa-after-losing-boss-n150000-to-gambling/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by hopeforcharles(m): 6:34am On Jun 21, 2020
This is very bad, why take your life for 150k, how about telling him and promise to pay if possible gradually?

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by SeverusSnape(m): 6:35am On Jun 21, 2020
One of the down sides of betting.

But taking his life over 150,000 Naira was too extreme.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Obascoetubi: 6:37am On Jun 21, 2020
Igbo again?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by GOFRONT(m): 6:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Chaiii.....His village people really strong

1 Like

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by bmdmixer: 6:38am On Jun 21, 2020
plz check out my lastest production

Title : JO
Artist : Tbaxs
Prod : BMD MIX

Has come out with something new and different to hit the street with a danceable street vibe.

http://www.soundlala.com/track_audio.php?id=1564

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by bmdmixer: 6:39am On Jun 21, 2020
no words for the guy right now
Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by jidamsel43(m): 6:53am On Jun 21, 2020
Gambling gone wrong
Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by donbachi(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2020
somebody go don use dis guy life play bet also.
Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by fnep2smooth(m): 7:02am On Jun 21, 2020
I feel ur pain bro.... Maybe he was looking for "raising".. Then when the debt start going up he starts staking more money just to recover.

If you never use person money play visual , you no go understand way tin do this guy.

Some people has become homeless cos they can't go back home.

I have seen a building contractor who left his workers on the site to play visual. All the money meant for his workers finished.
He had to go home from there while is workers was waiting for him at the site.

Meeeeeen ..... Story plenty

To stop seeing this kind of story.. Government should put a limit to how much a center can play in a day.

It can be program.. Just that those gaming company are very greedy making billions on poor, rich, old, young, male, female, professional, illiterate, hard working people, lazy people etc every F u cking day.

Something need to be done I swear

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2020
Even in video games it is hard to defeat the computer opponent you are playing with not to talk of virtual soccer gamble.The computer game will do you ojoro if you are better than it.I play bet9ja a lot but I have never attempted virtual soccer.If I go to a bet9ja shop to stake a live soccer bet and another customer came in after me to play virtual soccer the cashier will first attend to the virtual soccer customer before he attend to me because he will make more money from him than me.Even the #100 wey I dey stake E dey pain me gan if I lose.Especially when one game cut my #50k winning.

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Endlesspeace(f): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2020
Pitiful

1 Like

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by FlordFlorez(m): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Lolz! Virtual (baby) has been killing niggarz since 1990.

25 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Cmoni1(m): 7:40am On Jun 21, 2020
This is gross misconduct.

1 Like

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by cassidy1996(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2020
stake what you can afford to lose

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Slawormir: 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

But that won't deter us from playing

Real niggarrrz don't quit
Because quitters don't win
And winners don't quit
We Will continue to stake our money on it with sense
Because for every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which gambling is among

A big shout out to my fellow gamblers, punters, stakers, risk takers and high rollers
We will continue to roll our dice
Even the life we are living is a gamble

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Baba1234: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
There is nothing too hard for elders in the community to solve...you should have contacted the elders....worst comes to worst , you work some years for the money as a slave , since u chose to be a slave to gambling...issorite ...you can go ...don't try this next time

2 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
I don't gamble and I don't recommend it but then, having had knowledge of it in the past, I think the main reason why most Nigerians lose in it, is because of greediness. That is the weakness of every punter, and that's the psychological aspect most betting providers use in making profit.

Wanting to win N49,000,000 with N100? Not that it doesn't happen once in a while but that's not playing by the rules.
There are big punters around the world, Club managers, rich fans, rich Arab guys etc. They know the rules, they play by the rules and they cash out.

comshots:
Even in video games it is hard to defeat the computer opponent you are playing with not to talk of virtual soccer gamble.The computer game will do you ojoro if you are better than it.I play bet9ja a lot but I have never attempted virtual soccer.If I go to a bet9ja shop to stake a live soccer bet and another customer came in after me to play virtual soccer the cashier will first attend to the virtual soccer customer before he attend to me because he will make more money from him than me.Even the #100 wey I dey stake E dey pain me gan if I lose.Especially when one game cut my #50k winning.

It's a general myth amongst amateur punters which is very wrong. Virtual doesn't manipulate, the results are always fixed but it's very unpredictable, and unrealistic. That's why people lose.

Many years ago, around 6yrs ago or more, there used to be one Nigerian guy who calls himself Nosa and another one who calls himself baba Sampat or so.
Nosa was into virtuals and he won millions with virtuals, he had a blog then and had free and premium ebooks on virtual games.
Sampat, I think is a scammer who pretends to be spiritualist who uses supernatural powers to get result of games which he sold to people on Facebook.
Both were Nairalanders those days, Nairaland being different then from what it is now, I always had the opportunity of witnessing their long hot threads where they fought, dissed and exposed themselves.
Nosa taught people arbitrage betting etc. And he exposed everything behind Virtuals on different betting sites. That's when you realize there's no manipulation in virtuals like most believe.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Small 5k my younger brother will lose in Bet9ja will be acting as if he wants to die. He needs to see this. Hahaha.

Rip

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Righteousness89(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
From Frying pan to Fire!

One way Express to Hell!

This is what happens when you fear man, who can only kill the body!

3 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Legalcriminal: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Oh Lawd save every real niggars from Poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Cladez(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nigerians eh.....you would see the online motivational speakers coming out to say...

why kill yourself for 150k...
150k is too small...
why didn't you beg....

like if he had come asking for money especially here on nairaland, would you have given

Nigerians are hypocrites..

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
stop gambling, you said no.
now it has led you to your grave

2 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Freshfish4: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Gamble responsibly but Una no go hear. Una wan use #100 win 20million. Now he lost 150k and his life, what will he tell God.

14 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Childofdoom shud see this

Only God knows how come the guy is still alive after so many threats

1 Like

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by kyuniii(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
So sad, virtual killer.
Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
I hate gambling and my religion categorically forbids it

3 Likes

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by YorubaKinging: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Satan has been punishing many people and getting them into trouble for decades,
Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Omoslim26: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
;D😁😁😁😁I swear Bet9ja own judgement go different watin dos niggas don do man pikin no be small tin

1 Like

Re: Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
RIP...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Health Benefits Of Swallowing Sperm. "Ladies Take Note. / Nigerian Man Dies Two Weeks After His Wedding (Photos) / Persistent Rashes On Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.