Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (56168 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
ha ha ha! Don't use concepts that don't fit the context. Your countrymen were in agreement on this thread that you guys need a re-colonisation...tell me that's not mental slavery
It fits try interpreting it intelligently
It simply means your point isn't valid and shows the level of ignorance you possess about the world in large

Opinion differs that is his own unwise opinion and he his right at some point the whole of Africa does need a Make over but not with the help of the white
The white made your country great is an undeniable fact they made it a suitable environment for them selves not for you guys. Mention any other southern western middlebelt africa country that has your number of white population

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
mmars:

The whole Africa needs a mental make over not only Nigeria Tell me something productive that comes from African except from there primary resources
Truth is that i don't see Africa getting it right even in 100 yrs to come.

We are too greedy, self centered and corrupt.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by heniford2: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Princedapace:

how many of the mighty properties in Abuja are owned by ordinary Nigerians? No be same old politicians who have ruled and stolen our country dry own them?

Abeg, SA and Nigeria are not mate! Jbourg is not even their capital!
do your research on those on it the white in SA owners almost every thing in SA on like in Nigeria where individual owns establishment
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by SoliBayNG: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

And this thread is not even about skyscrapers. It's about waste management.

Facing facts NO Nigerian city looks as good as those pictures of Jo'burg. Forget the magic lights bring. The only advantage Abuja has is that it is well planned. There is no other planned city in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by abbiboy: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Coldie:

Nigerians are fvcking up, especially those tribal war lords, it has gotten to the extent that most of the derogatory names that foreign nationall calls us is been spread by Nigerians.

From Buhari is a clone, to Nigeria is a zoo, to boko haram is finishing us, to Fulani herdsmen is killing us, they even use these line that in Nigeria Igbo's can't produce president but we want to come to their country to do politics. That in Nigeria we can't talk to our police anyhow but we want to come to their country to claim right.

I dae fire these Africans back to back everytime they say these things

Boss naija youths will disgrace u,our politicians will disgrace u,Nigeria in all is glory will disgrace u.Me i'm tired of defending this green n white flag it is insane now to say the least.
Just defend ur papa name my candid advice!shilom..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Princedapace(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
heniford2:
do your research on those on it the white in SA owners almost every thing in SA on like in Nigeria where individual owns establishment

which individuals? Abeg, make una stop this rubbish! SA is far ahead of Nigeria abeg! We dont even have light! SA politicians treat them selves in SA. Their celebrities treat them selves in SA becus their health care is great! Even USA advised her citizens in Nigeria to get medicals in SA, USA or Europe. They warned them not to get treatmnet in Nigeria becus nigeria has no standard health care system.

It is not about owing big big houses. It is about basic things such as health care, electricity, insurance, minimum wage, etc. Abeg, Nigeria is a disgrace. All our gutters are open. Very useless country. We like to glorify rubbish!

The so called establishments here, no be criminals and those closed to criminals get most of them? Our blacks steal our resources and cant even build us health care, electricity, etc.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by JaceBlaze: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
those are small business men and artist and artiste residence.... There are big business men residence as well which we gave not touched at all. should we tell them where the thieving politicians live heck no I wouldn't pick their feather in the midst of SAs

Funny enough area like thus where the average and poor live are much more better than what I am seeing. Soweto looks like a village.

Soweto is a township.The site I showed is not even the best part of Soweto.

Isn't your Lekki a suburb? and that's the best you got? ..so what becomes of your Lekki when I post South African suburbs? grin

Soweto also has houses like this...

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by jaz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mumu wey never comot village. U better no let poverty hold u for neck oo.
FuckTheWorld:

You're a bloody liar or you know anything about Lagos...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by JaceBlaze: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
if this is Soweto Lekki in Lagos is not Soweto's mate at all even cross river and Jos that are even slower than Lagos in development beats Soweta hands down. Don't compare.

If you say so..
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by JaceBlaze: 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mariangeles:

Yeah.
Overpopulated slum!

You are confusing Soweto with Makoko.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kenplay:

I want you to give someone your phone and tells him/her to read your comments on this thread so you will know what you sound like. GOOD NIGHT, AGBAYA

Lol... Funny guy. cheesy grin

I've been following the post from page one. But the guy too get point sha. Either ways, not everything we will blame ourselves for.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Sundahjoe(m): 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hello Mr moderators; @ DisGuy, justwise .. I'm of the opinion that this thread should be closed.

thanks
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Princedapace:

which individuals? Abeg, make una stop this rubbish! SA is far ahead of Nigeria abeg! We dont even have light! SA politicians treat them selves in SA. Their celebrities treat them selves in SA becus their health care is great! Even USA advised her citizens in Nigeria to get medicals in SA, USA or Europe. They warned them not to get treatmnet in Nigeria becus nigeria has no standard health care system.

It is not about owing big big houses. It is about basic things such as health care, electricity, insurance, minimum wage, etc. Abeg, Nigeria is a disgrace. All our gutters are open. Very useless country. We like to glorify rubbish!

The so called establishments here, no be criminals and those closed to criminals get most of them? Our blacks steal our resources and cant even build us health care, electricity, etc.

You have a few points though...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
babaolofin:

Africans have never attacked or insulted Nigeria until Nigerians start to misbehave in their countries. Nigerians will go and post dirty waste management situation of a city called it Lagos. No African in a foreign land will post such a picture of a slum in his country in a foreign based forum except a region in Nigeria. While Lagos is dirty, nobody can confirm the area that picture is taken in Lagos till this afternoon.

The man that complained of LAWMA, is LAWMA in charge of Aba waste management? The purpose of the picture posted is not to chastise Lagos government to improve sanitation system but to portray Lagos as a bad city. The congestion in Lagos is beyond Lagos, Nigeria operates unitary system.

Well, you don't expect people to hide such things especially when Government waits for social media before acting. There are people living in that area and it was flooding that brought the waste from different sources.

Our government too should try to improve standard of living so that Nigerians can enjoy their country. Imagine Covid-19 had forced so many of them to stay back home for treatment, whereas they would have run abroad. Instead of building good facilities here, they go abroad to waste money.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
jaz:
Or deh

See o grin
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
jaz:
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Akinola100: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
SegFault:

Explain how it is bad. Explain how it stops anybody from living his life.

Good, in nature have you ever noticed animals of same sex mate, opposite sex engage in the mating process, so, religions see this act as forbidden and bad. Mind you, this act was brought by the white man, African cultures don't engage in this, I believe why this happens in South Africa is the presence of different races in that country. And let's put in the religious realm, it is considered a terrible sin like I said earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Akinola100:

Good, in nature have you ever noticed animals of same sex mate, opposite sex engage in the mating process, so, religions see this act as forbidden and bad. Mind you, this act was brought by the white man, African cultures don't engage in this, I believe why this happens in South Africa is the presence of different races in that country. And let's put in the religious realm, it is considered a terrible sin like I said earlier.
Are u sure that this thing does not exist "behind close door" in naija?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by tonididdy(m): 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Shut up!
Have you been there before?
The same Johannesburg slum I know?
Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

Go to Alexandra, Gauteng and Soweto, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.
From new York to China to India even Dubai all have slums but bro slums still dey pass slum.

Nigerian slums are the worst in the world:
Mosquitoes
Pollution
Faeces
Gabbage
No electricity
No drinking water
No security

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by tonididdy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

In terms of organisation, Lagos is not a model city. Talk about transportation, environment and general infrastructure. I haven't been to Jo Burg, but my mom has... I've been to bigger cities in Europe as I studied in Germany. I have also been to a few African countries as well. While we are not competing, you need to understand that organisation is what makes a city called a city. I lived all my life in Lagos, and I can tell you Lagos is very dirty, if not for trade and commerce, it would be a very bad idea to live here.

PS: Next time be polite... I don't want to insult anyone as I love to debate intelligently. Please let's respect each other.

You have spoken well and maturedly.
How people compare Nigeria with any other country anywhere in the world is out of self deceit and hate to admit the truth.

Nigeria is the only country un the world moving backwards...

That dude should go to Rwanda.... SA is too far. Take a trip to Rwanda or Algeria and Angola, Tanzania , Egypt even, you would weep for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Akinola100: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Are u sure that this thing does not exist "behind close door" in naija?
I see news about this same sex stuff in this forum in Nigeria, so you know it exists
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
tonididdy:

You have spoken well and maturedly.
How people compare Nigeria with any other country anywhere in the world is out of self deceit and hate to admit the truth.

Nigeria is the only country un the world moving backwards...

That dude should go to Rwanda.... SA is too far. Take a trip to Rwanda or Algeria and Angola, Tanzania , Egypt even, you would weep for Nigeria.
lol
don't mind them, see them reacting calling on the moderators to close the thread because they are being exposed.
If Nigerians were enjoying a high standard of living, no one will think of going to SA to earn a living.

For people who don't understand what high standard of living is.
It means for example 24h electricity, clean water flowing in every house, village, city, state in the country. It does not mean high cost of living.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by dejavuh0007(m): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

grin grin grin grin grin
You so mermerised by SA beauty that you now stealing Joburg pics and using artist impressions of buildings that don't exist yet, and might never be built - in true Nigerian fashion. DONT USE COMPUTER GRAPHICS.

PHOTO 1 - This Braamfontein, an old part of Joburg - not Nigeria.

PHOTO 2 - At last, after 3 pages, a beautiful modern building from NIGGERia. If indeed it is Nigeria and not Ghana.
NIGGERia? look at this Black Zulu Negro.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Akinola100: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
First of all, don't tell me 'what I know" you don't know me like that, I was never even oppressed by white people, went to school and university with them, that's why I see them as people not "supergods"like you do, Secondly, South Africa was built on the backs of black South Africans don't care whether you believe that or not, the black man was on the first line of the South African project mining for minerals that woud make South Africa what it today. You people have opinions on a country you know so little about it's embarrassing!

When the black govt decides to build a state of the hospital at a far-flung village how are those white ideas? decides to build a supertrain that would link J'oburg and Pretoria because of traffic congestion how are those white ideas? decides to build new Universities at Provinces which previously didn't have Universities how are those "white ideas" build or maintain roads? the new state of the art "King Shaka' airport opened in Durban? I can go and on... we have every right to claim these. Actually, the fact that you even see such standard govt decisions as the domain of white decision making shows me that Nigeria won't have any new University, Hospital, port, school etc for a long time to come because it is after all the decision of white person to make..smh

"without whites your country with turn to another shit.hole" blah blah. First of all, a Nigerian has no business using the word "sh.tholes" ever! not when you're the creme de la creme of "sh.tholes" and again , if you really wanted white people so bad! just go and buy them from the nearest shop for godsakkes!...it kinda seems that one of your biggest gripes youui guys have with South Africans in general is that we have a white population..hey, it is what it is man.

And lastly don't view blacks in generals with a Nigerian prism....the are "blacks" and there are "Nigerians"
LeSudAfricaine, my fellow countrymen don't want to believe that SA is better than Nigeria, that is why they keep saying that white men built the modern SA. What we need is serious development, talking about how the white men built SA won't make this country develop.Simple

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by heniford2: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Princedapace:

you are far from what am saying who made south africa what the are enjoying today is it black africans or white Nigeria has is issue but look at south african the whole of there economic power is been held by the white only there political post that is been handle by the black the white developed south africans the good health center your talking about was done by the white the total population of SA its 20million or 40million so if you remove the white from the yeye SA the are like Niger Republic

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by heniford2: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Akinola100:

LeSudAfricaine, my fellow countrymen don't want to believe that SA is better than Nigeria, that is why they keep saying that white men built the modern SA. What we need is serious development, talking about how the white men built SA won't make this country develop.Simple
Nigeria is developing what we need is good governance with clear minded people trust me you will be surprise how far we will be among the world

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Frenchkiss564: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
First of all, don't tell me 'what I know" you don't know me like that, I was never even oppressed by white people, went to school and university with them, that's why I see them as people not "supergods"like you do, Secondly, South Africa was built on the backs of black South Africans don't care whether you believe that or not, the black man was on the first line of the South African project mining for minerals that woud make South Africa what it today. You people have opinions on a country you know so little about it's embarrassing!

When the black govt decides to build a state of the hospital at a far-flung village how are those white ideas? decides to build a supertrain that would link J'oburg and Pretoria because of traffic congestion how are those white ideas? decides to build new Universities at Provinces which previously didn't have Universities how are those "white ideas" build or maintain roads? the new state of the art "King Shaka' airport opened in Durban? I can go and on... we have every right to claim these. Actually, the fact that you even see such standard govt decisions as the domain of white decision making shows me that Nigeria won't have any new University, Hospital, port, school etc for a long time to come because it is after all the decision of white person to make..smh

"without whites your country with turn to another shit.hole" blah blah. First of all, a Nigerian has no business using the word "sh.tholes" ever! not when you're the creme de la creme of "sh.tholes" and again , if you really wanted white people so bad! just go and buy them from the nearest shop for godsakkes!...it kinda seems that one of your biggest gripes you guys have with South Africans in general is that we have a white population..hey, it is what it is man.

And lastly don't view blacks in generals with a Nigerian prism....the are "blacks" and there are "Nigerians"

I take it that you are well read, thumbs up. You are dealing with a people condemned by their own thought to think white people are gods. What the heck is "white people's idea"? Ideas are free flowing and can occur to anybody, no one has the monopoly of good ideas. That is why intellectual property law regimes the world over do not recognize ideas as something that can be protected. It is the actualization of an idea that intellectual property regimes recognize.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jazzlite:

Brideofdracula stop it. We should be talking about taking black Africa to the next level not competing with nonsense structures and facilities. We should be talking about providing better quality of life for our people, of a truth ZA is very organized but there are slums here and there even in the city centres. Lagos is an eyesore generally dirty and overpopulated..

Well, a moniker calked FuckTheWorld asked in jest to see Joburg pics so I delivered. I didn't start this.

But you're right, our health and education system should be the priority. It helps living around beautiful structures too.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jazzlite:

Ushaka marine. Is Durban July happening with the covid19 issues?

Yep.

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Princedapace(m): 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
heniford2:
you are far from what am saying who made south africa what the are enjoying today is it black africans or white Nigeria has is issue but look at south african the whole of there economic power is been held by the white only there political post that is been handle by the black the white developed south africans the good health center your talking about was done by the white the total population of SA its 20million or 40million so if you remove the white from the yeye SA the are like Niger Republic

It still does not change the fact that they are enjoying the facilities. No body asked us to chase our own whites away.

Yes, blacks hold our establishments here becus Nigeria is completely a black country. Our whites left. In their case, whites didn't leave.

With years of blacks ruling us what have we achieved? The same blacks run to white man country for medicals when they are sick here.

So, it doesn't matter who holds it as long as we can see electricity, we can water, good roads, health care, no wahala.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
heniford2:
some cheesygrin useless, stupid analysis check Africacheesy brothers oh hahahagrin those site most be broke looking for any means to be fame with Nigeria fake analysis..stop bring Stupid SA stuff here i have never seen a white SA act stupid the are always smart, but you see the cheesy black SA your guys stupidity has no brakegrin.

Nigeria's HIV pandemic in pictures grin grin

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
24SEVEN:
TMKSouth, you guys have very beautiful cities. Nice.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Young Lovers Die In A Motor Accident (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.