Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,832 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (56347 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ghettochild(m): 12:19am On Jun 23, 2020
Coming from a provincial Twitter handle.... Has just reflected the hate they have for us..
The ANCgovt has been in support n encouraging this systemic racism for a long time

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 12:26am On Jun 23, 2020
ghettochild:
Coming from a provincial Twitter handle.... Has just reflected the hate they have for us..
The ANCgovt has been in support n encouraging this systemic racism for a long time

I doubt that. They would have tweeted it even if it was from India or the Philippines. Their message was about waste management and the Nigerian tweet was current. You guys just had heavy rain right? So it's current affairs. Blame the commentators, not the city.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ghettochild(m): 12:32am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

I doubt that. They would have tweeted it even if it was from India or the Philippines. Their message was about waste management and the Nigerian tweet was current. You guys just had heavy rain right? So it's current affairs. Blame the commentators, not the city.
Bra u saw the comments wena...
You can see the hatred in d comments.. I for one will continue saying it south Africans dont like foreigners nomatter how sainty they seem to appear.. I live here n I can confirm it
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 23, 2020
abbiboy:

Just defend ur papa name my candid advice!shilom..
Fact!
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 1:24am On Jun 23, 2020
ghettochild:

Bra u saw the comments wena...
You can see the hatred in d comments.. I for one will continue saying it south Africans dont like foreigners nomatter how sainty they seem to appear.. I live here n I can confirm it

Yeah, I can tell you live locally - "wena" gave u away. cool

My best advice is to approach people with a positive attitude. Many will reciprocate. If you become bitter then you fall under the pompous Nigerian stereotype and that will definitely frustrate you more coz people won't interact with you.

In general, Nigerians don't integrate into SA society so that compounds the alienness. Stop limiting your interactions to just sexual encounters - it just makes you appear as invaders instead of people we can build bridges with.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 23, 2020
#Say No to slavery
Nigerians let help our brothers in south Africa escape mental slavery by teaching them how to be better off without there white masters as you drop your advise God will bless you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2020
Olumyco:
The problem here is that many Nigerians talk with emotions and exaggerate things unnecessarily.
Why cant we just do our analysis and move. I have been reading light years ahead of Lagos. Miles ahead of Nigeria. Every city and country has it's own strength and weakness.

It's a fact that Johannesburg is ahead of Lagos in terms of infrastructure. Yes we know that. But when you are talking about how dirty a city is or slums, the two cities, Lagos and Johannesburg are on the same level. The strength Lagos has over Johannesburg is economy power while Johannesburg is ahead in terms of infrastructure.
And like what some other wise guys have been saying. What Lagos needs is organisation. Once this is done... things will look better.

Many people here don't know that there is a statistics that Cape Town is the most beautiful city in Africa and Abuja is the second most beautiful city in Africa. But we Nigerians just like pulling down our own country without even having adequate knowledge about our own cities.

Lastly, I think the Nigerian who went to post that pix of Lagos revealing dirts publicly has not done well at all. It doesn't impact anything good other than pulling down the country and making Nigeria to become a laughing stock before other African countries and the world. This is where the Whites are smarter than us. You will never see American slums and dirty places been littered on the media. They show you beautiful places so that people can like their country and attract investors. Nigerians should learn to understand patriotism. You can post such pics within Nigeria to arouse Nigerians and the Government to do something about it and not posting it outside to the whole world to see. This can even affect foreign investors from coming into the country to invest. We need to be wise.

Thanks.
If every city in Nigeria could have the same infrastructure as Abuja and we have 24 hour electricity, then 90% of our problems will have been solved.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

À lot of Nigerians are also in SA chats spreading negativity. I put up a thread about the SA ambassador and the good things he said about Nigeria but that didn't get traffic. But soon as I post good things about SA trolls rush to put me down and then I retaliate. So it's not my fault really. You should pity me instead, or sympathise with my position because I'm a lone voice.
It is because of you I was exposed to the developments by the black led government post apartheid. I assumed every infrastructure you are currently enjoying was built before apartheid.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 1:58am On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is because of you I was exposed to the developments by the black led government post apartheid. I assumed every infrastructure you are currently enjoying was built before apartheid.

Cool RVN. But as a Nigerian who's very familiar with maintenance difficulties in your country, you should have questioned yourself why apartheid era infrastructure is still standing in SA. A lot of upkeep and upgrading is taking place otherwise SA cities would resemble typical rundown African ones by now.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:18am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Cool RVN. But as a Nigerian who's very familiar with maintenance difficulties in your country, you should have questioned yourself why apartheid era infrastructure is still standing in SA. A lot of upkeep and upgrading is taking place otherwise SA cities would resemble typical rundown African ones by now.
True, maintenance culture is what is lacking in many African countries.I commend South African leader for maintaining and building on the infrastructure. South Africa was one of the countries I looked to obtain my Bachelor's, I eventually opted for North America.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 2:22am On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

True, maintenance culture is what is lacking in many African countries.I commend South African leader for maintaining and building on the infrastructure. South Africa was one of the countries I looked to obtain my Bachelor's, I eventually opted for North America.

Thanks for keeping us in mind. wink

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by happy200(m): 2:48am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

How do you say white people who have been around for 350 years do not belong? The Asians where brought from India and Malaysia as indentured labour centuries ago also. Even the black people found the Khoisan in SA when they moved south. So where do you draw the line?
one day I will create a new topic just to enlighten Nigerians about this.
If i give my land to general public it will be easier to develop since it's no longer mine alone. That will be different from someone who has decided to single handedly develop his land alone
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ashiwaju11(m): 2:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Oh boy! See shading. Government sef dey fire government. Africa na Africa.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 3:02am On Jun 23, 2020
happy200:
one day I will create a new topic just to enlighten Nigerians about this.
If i give my land to general public it will be easier to develop since it's no longer mine alone. That will be different from someone who has decided to single handedly develop his land alone

Well, that's the route South Africa has taken. Nigeria can develop its own.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Princedapace(m): 3:41am On Jun 23, 2020
heniford2:
when did Nigeria got is independence when did we start do you know the china your hearing today it took the 200years to build up, it took them so many reform to start what nigerian needs know is an aggressive leader whose so focus on operation mass development and change of constitution grin bros we are growing first develop yourself forget about the said government learn digital ways Nigeria is going digital soon than i expect but are we growing we are very fast it took does country ur referring to us years to do that this SA your talking about when did the black start control their system its in 1990 mandala was released in 1994 the white there have been in control for long naw

Go and check out black achievements in that country within that short period. Did anyone force Nigeria to chase away her own whites?

Don't give me that excuse. With the way Nigeria is going, even in the next 50000 years, Nigeria will only get worse.

Nigerian leaders chased out whites so that they can loot the country dry.

Nigerian leaders took over only to loot and store away our wealth in other countries.

Seems u don't knkw what is happening in this country. People are stealing away the country badly. Nigeria is not changing bro. Forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by heniford2: 4:11am On Jun 23, 2020
Princedapace:

Go and check out black achievements in that country within that short period. Did anyone force Nigeria to chase away her own whites?

Don't give me that excuse. With the way Nigeria is going, even in the next 50000 years, Nigeria will only get worse.

Nigerian leaders took over only to loot and store away our wealth in other countries.

Seems u don't knkw what is happening in this country. People are stealing away the country badly. Nigeria is not changing bro. Forget it.
i feel your pain yes we they may be stealing but Nigeria its growing you can not jump from 1 to million we have to grow with process,ask yourself what you know today did you know it like far back we will get there
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:18am On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
You can keep denying till tomorrow.
Where was South Africa economic position in Africa before blacks take over?

You and i knows that black don't have the capacity to develop itself maybe for now.

Without white people South Africa will be no better than Zimbabwe.
South Africa was never first world and was never a developed country under Apartheid not when the country was developed in patches, don't believe the hype!. The challenge for the black government was to spread the development evenly across the country and although there are still challenges 24 years later there are hospitals, schools, roads etc built in villages, places which didn't have electricity or sanitation now have etc there's still a lot to be done though

On the second point, you are again looking at the entire black race through a Nigerian prism, if your country's leadership is failing don't paint the black race with the same brush. You Nigerians seem to over- emphasize bad things in black people and over -inflate good things in whites, I have not heard anyone on this forum lambast the actions of white cops with regards to the George Floyd incident or white racism in general, it's always " white achievements blah blah" pathetic really!

As for the Zimbabwe comparison, it's the usual sour grapes. There should be many Zimbabwes then since there are many countries without your beloved white people

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:27am On Jun 23, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Soweto is a township.The site I showed is not even the best part of Soweto.

Isn't your Lekki a suburb? and that's the best you got? ..so what becomes of your Lekki when I post South African suburbs? grin

Soweto also has houses like this...
Jayceon, the whole Diepkloof ext, Soweto looks better than Lekki trust me. No mall on Nigeria comes close to Soweto malls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:30am On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I think that's because you guys only see skyscrapers as infrastructure, but since 1994 there's been huge infrastructure spending by the government.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Okay, keep fooling yourself while we quietly develop ourselves down here. Funny how you accept black development in Nigeria, Rwanda, Namibia and Botswana but not SA. Its your coping mechanism, I understand - jealousy. grin grin
it's envy my brother

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:38am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.

The same Johannesburg slum I know?
Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

Go to Alexandra, Gauteng and Soweto, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.
grin Gauteng is the richest province in South Africa, the same province that hosted the World Cup final, both Alexandra and Soweto are on the same province of Gauteng. You clearly don't know what you're talking about should have just kept quiet
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 23, 2020
Princedapace:

Truth and nothing but the truth! cry
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africa was never first world and was never a developed country under Apartheid not when the country was developed in patches, don't believe the hype!. The challenge for the black government was to spread the development evenly across the country and although there are still challenges 24 years later there are hospitals, schools, roads etc built in villages, places which didn't have electricity or sanitation now have etc there's still a lot to be done though

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:55am On Jun 23, 2020
Olumyco:
The problem here is that many Nigerians talk with emotions and exaggerate things unnecessarily.
Why cant we just do our analysis and move. I have been reading light years ahead of Lagos. Miles ahead of Nigeria. Every city and country has it's own strength and weakness.

It's a fact that Johannesburg is ahead of Lagos in terms of infrastructure. Yes we know that. But when you are talking about how dirty a city is or slums, the two cities, Lagos and Johannesburg are on the same level. The strength Lagos has over Johannesburg is economy power while Johannesburg is ahead in terms of infrastructure.
And like what some other wise guys have been saying. What Lagos needs is organisation. Once this is done... things will look better.

Many people here don't know that there is a statistics that Cape Town is the most beautiful city in Africa and Abuja is the second most beautiful city in Africa. But we Nigerians just like pulling down our own country without even having adequate knowledge about our own cities.

Lastly, I think the Nigerian who went to post that pix of Lagos revealing dirts publicly has not done well at all. It doesn't impact anything good other than pulling down the country and making Nigeria to become a laughing stock before other African countries and the world. This is where the Whites are smarter than us. You will never see American slums and dirty places been littered on the media. They show you beautiful places so that people can like their country and attract investors. Nigerians should learn to understand patriotism. You can post such pics within Nigeria to arouse Nigerians and the Government to do something about it and not posting it outside to the whole world to see. This can even affect foreign investors from coming into the country to invest. We need to be wise.

Thanks.
Nope, not by a long shot! that would mean Abuja is actually more beautiful than Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein etc. which is absurd! Abuja can't compete with any SA place, on the continent don't forget there's still Algiers, Cairo, Rabat, Tangiers, Kigali, Nairobi, Windhoek, etc which all look better than Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 4:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Princedapace:

The could have looted with the whites themselves. White people aren't saints. They loot I South Africa too
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 23, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Isn't your Lekki a suburb? and that's the best you got? ..so what becomes of your Lekki when I post South African suburbs? grin

This is soweto

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Nope, not by a long shot! that would mean Abuja is actually more beautiful than Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein etc. which is absurd! Abuja can't compete with any SA place, on the continent don't forget there's still Algiers, Cairo, Rabat, Tangiers, Kigali, Nairobi, Windhoek, etc which all look better than Abuja.

You giving kigali too much credit now
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 23, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Soweto

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 23, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Soweto

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Digital101: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Abuja is the second Most beautiful city in Africa and Nigeria have the largest economy in Africa. The population of Nigerias living in Ghana are more than those in South Africa but South Africans blame all their problems on Nigerias and Zimbabwes.

Instead of you guys to help your fellow Africans, you blame them for the destruction in your country. Your president was disgrace in Zimbabwe, he was stoned and send back to South Africa. You guys are destroying South Africa image, many Africans don't want to travel to South Africa because of your xenophobic behavior.

Lucky dube was kill because they thought he was a Nigeria, I prefer to live in a racists country than to live in a xenophobic country like South Africa. You guys are worst than racists.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2020
Austine1212:

You giving kigali too much credit now
still better than Abuja
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 5:55am On Jun 23, 2020
Digital101:

[b]Abuja is the second Most beautiful city in Africa [/b]and Nigeria have the largest economy in Africa. The population of Nigerias living in Ghana are more than those in South Africa but South Africans blame all their problems on Nigerias and Zimbabwes.
Instead of you guys to help your fellow Africans, you blame them for the destruction in your country. Your president was disgrace in Zimbabwe, he was stoned and send back to South Africa. You guys are destroying South Africa image, many Africans don't want to travel to South Africa because of your xenophobic behavior.
Lucky dube was kill because they thought he was a Nigeria, I prefer to live in a racists country than to live in a xenophobic country like South Africa. You guys are worst than racists.
You must be smoking socks

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / See The Tallest Hotel In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.