Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (56368 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 6:22am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africa was never first world and was never a developed country under Apartheid not when the country was developed in patches, don't believe the hype!. The challenge for the black government was to spread the development evenly across the country and although there are still challenges 24 years later there are hospitals, schools, roads etc built in villages, places which didn't have electricity or sanitation now have etc there's still a lot to be done though

On the second point, you are again looking at the entire black race through a Nigerian prism, if your country's leadership is failing don't paint the black race with the same brush. You Nigerians seem to over- emphasize bad things in black people and over -inflate good things in whites, I have not heard anyone on this forum lambast the actions of white cops with regards to the George Floyd incident or white racism in general, it's always " white achievements blah blah" pathetic really!

As for the Zimbabwe comparison, it's the usual sour grapes. There should be many Zimbabwes then since there are many countries without your beloved white people
I didn't say since black take over government things have not changed. But you can't deny the fact that the white set standard for you guys.

I once read a South African news reporting about how motorists are driving on a wrong lane.

I laughed in my mind because it is a normal thing here and some other African countries.

Apart from your country white you won't deny the fact that white people rules the world.

Can you compare the least white Country development with an African country.

Without the coming of white people to Africa do you think you would have know what is phone?

Do you think your leaders would have revolves against apartheid without them going to school first taught by the white about their right?

I know the coming of the white have it own dark consequences but still give credit to them for opening our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
still better than Abuja

In terms of
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2020
No matter what the white are doing blacks in America do you think they will prefer to come back to Africa?

If Africa was developed don't you think majority of them would have come back?

I know one day Africa will rise but it may not be in our generation.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 6:58am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Nope, not by a long shot! that would mean Abuja is actually more beautiful than Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein etc. which is absurd! Abuja can't compete with any SA place, on the continent don't forget there's still Algiers, Cairo, Rabat, Tangiers, Kigali, Nairobi, Windhoek, etc which all look better than Abuja.
What makes Nairobi, Windhoek and Kigali better than Abuja?

Do you even know how old is Abuja?

We agreed that most South African cities are better than Abuja.

But don't think because of that we are sleeping with are not making any progress despite us having corrupt leaders.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 7:00am On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Nope, not by a long shot! that would mean Abuja is actually more beautiful than Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein etc. which is absurd! Abuja can't compete with any SA place, on the continent don't forget there's still Algiers, Cairo, Rabat, Tangiers, Kigali, Nairobi, Windhoek, etc which all look better than Abuja.

But don't think because of that we are sleeping with are not making any progress despite us having corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by 2Lynx(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

It does concern you. You're the one who said SA might even rank "lower" than Nigeria. So I was providing an independent assessment by FIFA which says otherwise.

Anyway, you seem like a good guy (although biased) so I'll back off a little.

SA fine no doubt but we know more. Morroco, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia. Non of the things you mentioned above plays out here when they are also in Africa, This is more political than anything.

Biased kee where do you see me say anything biased? You expect certain reactions abi
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:

Age of the city is irrelevant. But the cities I mentioned are better
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
I didn't say since black take over government things have not changed. But you can't deny the fact that the white set standard for you guys.

I once read a South African news reporting about how motorists are driving on a wrong lane.

I laughed in my mind because it is a normal thing here and some other African countries.

Apart from your country white you won't deny the fact that white people rules the world.

Can you compare the least white Country development with an African country.

Without the coming of white people to Africa do you think you would have know what is phone?

Do you think your leaders would have revolves against apartheid without them going to school first taught by the white about their right?

I know the coming of the white have it own dark consequences but still give credit to them for opening our eyes.

Diatribe... absolute diatribe
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Austine1212:

In terms of
everything cool
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
Iamundisputed:
It's better they keep insulting Nigeria abroad like this. Maybe that's when youths will wake up and direct their anger to the thieves in political offices stealing money and not working...

Let's say the truth, waste management in Lagos is messed up big time. Lagos isn't coping at all in that aspect. In my area their LAWMA trucks don't even get into our street so people have to burn their waste, leaving smoke and residue behind. No waste bins on sidewalks, roads don't meet basic standards, electricity is abysmal, healthcare is poor. Why won't they insult us? No country respects us apart from Liberia and Sierra Leone... E get why.

Instead of directing our anger at politians that will never work, why not do it ourselves?

Whatever we want, we build--us youths!

Let's be more proactive. I opened a thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/5945483/lets-explore-river-niger

Let's take action! Forget politicians and naysayers!
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Age of the city is irrelevant. But the cities I mentioned are better
Mention what makes the three cities better than Abuja?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
Mention what makes the three cities better than Abuja?
1)Electricity
2)Public Transportation
3) Road Network
4)Healthcare- Even the President,Senators run abroad for treatment.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
1)Electricity 2)Public Transportation 3) Road Network
Nonsense list
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
Nonsense list
I stated fact-just because Abuja has a lot mega mansions built by the fantastically corrupt political class doesn't mean it ranks among the top 20 cities in Africa.

How does Abuja's water supply,sanitation system,road network,airport,healthcare,electricity,public transportation,security force rank in comparison to other African cities in South Africa,Botswana,Rwanda and Namibia?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I stated fact-just because Abuja has a lot mega mansions built by the fantastically corrupt political class doesn't mean it ranks among the top 20 cities in Africa.

How does Abuja's water supply,sanitation system,road network,airport,healthcare,electricity,public transportation,security force rank in comparison to other African cities in South Africa,Botswana,Rwanda and Namibia?
I thought you were a Nigerian?

Stop talking rubbish because others have.

You won't be different if you have that opportunity to be one of the leaders.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Honestly you giving Rwanda too much credit

Rwanda has urbanization rate of 12%, the rest are just villages

They still using open drainage system in kigali
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
I thought you were a Nigerian?

Stop talking rubbish because others have.

You won't be different if you have that opportunity to be one of the leaders.
I asked you a simple question- how does Abuja's water supply,sanitation system,road network,airport,healthcare,electricity,public transportation,security force rank in comparison to other African cities?No time for sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
it's envy my brother

It can't be anything else. We're challenging their giant of Africa claim and they are looking for excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:

[s]You won't be different if you have that opportunity to be one of the leaders.[/s]
South African,Rwandan,Namibian and Botswana leaders are also corrupt, but they make sure they have hospitals that can attend to their medical needs, schools and universities they can send their children to,electricity to power their air conditioners at home and good roads to drive their cars on.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
Austine1212:

Honestly you giving Rwanda too much credit

Rwanda has urbanization rate of 12%, the rest are just villages

They still using open drainage system in kigali
Rwanda deserves all the credit. They had to rebuild from scratch after the genocide in 1994.

Kigali is ranked among the cleanest and safest on the African continent and they have 24 hour electricity, with minor hiccups.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

South African,Rwandan,Namibian and Botswana leaders are also corrupt, but they make sure they have hospitals that can attend to their medical needs, schools and universities they can send their children to,electricity to power their air conditioners at home and good roads to drive their cars on.
I will only reply you if you have been to those cities before to conclude.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Rwanda deserves all the credit. They had to rebuild from scratch after the genocide in 1994. Kigali is ranked among the cleanest and safest on the African continent and they have 24 hour electricity.

Kigali is smaller than Rustenburg

I'll give it to them its very clean, but dnt trust what you șee about Rwanda its selective display

But most African major cities have 24h electricity

Even Angola their civil war ended 2003,they rebuild
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
Austine1212:

Kigali is smaller than Rustenburg

I'll give it to them its very clean, but dnt trust what you șee about Rwanda its selective display

But most African major cities have 24h electricity

Even Angola their civil war ended 2003,they rebuild

I also think Rwanda is overhyped. Why wouldn't it - people that speak out against the government and misrule are killed, even hunted and gunned down in SA.

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
wiseone28:
I will only reply you if you have been to those cities before to conclude.
Check the human development indices in comparison to Abuja that measure healthcare,road network,education system,electricity,sanitation.

Don't let the corrupt politicians and civil servants that loot billions give you the illusion the average Abuja resident is better of when it comes to obtaining basic human rights.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wiseone28: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Check the human development indices in comparison to Abuja that measure healthcare,road network,education system,electricity,sanitation.

Don't let the corrupt politicians and civil servants that loot billions give you the illusion the average Abuja resident is better of when it comes to obtaining basic human rights.
You know nothing
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

I also think Rwanda is overhyped. Why wouldn't it - people that speak out against the government and misrule are killed, even hunted and gunned down in SA.

Rwanda as country, its economy is almost equivalent of Rustenburg

Look at Rustenburg map compare that with kigali, you'll realise kigali is a city with 6 tall buildings and a conference center. Kigali is a town in SA standards

Even when you shoot there, you are closly watched andand footage checked to see if it put it in bad light else you'll go missing
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
Austine1212:

Rwanda as country, its economy is almost equivalent of Rustenburg

Look at Rustenburg map compare that with kigali, you'll realise kigali is a city with 6 tall buildings and a conference center. Kigali is a town in SA standards

Even when you shoot there, you are closly watched andand footage checked to see if it put it in bad light else you'll go missing

@bold LOL grin "6 tall buildings and a conference centre". It's a beautiful centre though - especially when lit.

But yeah, no journalist can file a true story of Rwanda while inside the country. It's like China and North Korea - secret agents following you everywhere.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

@bold LOL grin "6 tall buildings and a conference centre". It's a beautiful centre though - especially when lit.

But yeah, no journalist can file a true story of Rwanda while inside the country. It's like China and North Korea - secret agents following you everywhere.

Its the truth lol
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ghettochild(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Yeah, I can tell you live locally - "wena" gave u away. cool

My best advice is to approach people with a positive attitude. Many will reciprocate. If you become bitter then you fall under the pompous Nigerian stereotype and that will definitely frustrate you more coz people won't interact with you.

In general, Nigerians don't integrate into SA society so that compounds the alienness. Stop limiting your interactions to just sexual encounters - it just makes you appear as invaders instead of people we can build bridges with.
Well I don't have a problem socializing infact most South Africans have met think m not suppose to even b in South Africa..
They'd be like why did u come to south Africa. Why didn't u go to America or Europe..
U deserve better than this job u r doing..
All I do is just laugh n say u won't understand
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by TMKsouth: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
ghettochild:

Well I don't have a problem socializing infact most South Africans have met think m not suppose to even b in South Africa..
They'd be like why did u come to south Africa. Why didn't u go to America or Europe..
U deserve better than this job u r doing..
All I do is just laugh n say u won't understand

Sounds like they're pretty good to you. So SA people aren't that bad.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ghettochild(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

I won't say that... But the truth is they are very vengeful n take out their anger on foreigners... Which is really really bad n it's never gonna change... U n I both know this
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ghettochild(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Foreigners are blamed for everything like u see they already saying we ar d one making joburg dirty

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

See The Tallest Hotel In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday. / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.