Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32626 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by CeterisXVII: 1:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Momoreoluwa90:
Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I'm not a doctor but I know friends who have done this with great and healthy kids. Home and abroad, but mostly abroad.

SEE A DOCTOR.

The world has advanced medically and technologically, IF you can afford it and have access to world class medical services. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, THEN PLEASE BY ALL MEANS, GO YOUR SEPARATE WAYS.

Read about IVF, CVS and PGD

A small excerpt:

"Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis PGT-M (PGD) allows genetic analysis of an early embryo, before it is transferred into the uterus. PGT-M (PGD) is similar to other invasive prenatal screening tests, such as amniocentesis and chorionic vilus sampling (CVS), except it is done prior to implantation. Therefore, the information one gains from the test can be used to determine which embryo(s) to put into the uterus."

Doctors on the thread can shed more light.

The IVF you mentioned costs in excess of 5 million Naira per cycle.

How many young couples can afford that??
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by CeterisXVII: 1:33am On Jun 24, 2020
Rexology:
People should think deeply before taking any life decision, your decision in life MUST not be consistent with popular opinion. Remember its YOUR life and nobody will live it for you.

I would NEVER leave AS in an Angel to marry AA in a Devil.
With AS in an Angel, my risk factor is 25%
With AA in a Devil, my risk factor is 101%.

When you finally marry AA in a Devil after leaving AS in an Angel, you might spend all your marital life in regret.(that is, if you would be alive to tell the story)

However, if you find AA in an Angel, blessed art thou!

Don't be deceived that your chances are 25%. The law of independent assortment, still comes into play in genetics.

On paper, it could be 25%. But how often will that 25% chance show up? And when will it show up? Nobody knows that as no one can predict it.

Your very first pregnancy could be an SS foetus. What would you do?Abort the child, after conducting tests?

What happens if all the pregnancies are SS?

I know a couple that had 3 kids, and all the 3 kids were SS.

It is like rolling a dice. How often will you roll it, for it to come up as a 6 side?

As for saying you will not abandon an AS angel for another person, don't be deceived. That AS angel can turn into a shrew or a bitchy person, if her life gets filled with the wahala of caring for a sickle cell child.

That love you think you share, will fly out of the window due to the constant stream, and sickness you both have to deal with.

By the way, who told you that an AA angel cannot exist?? Grow up and stop thinking like a kid.

The only time you can marry an AS carrier is if you have 5 million to carry out IVF. Or if you are willing to adopt kids. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Rexology: 1:45am On Jun 24, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Don't be deceived that your chances are 25%. The law of independent assortment, still comes into play in genetics.

On paper, it could be 25%. But how often will that 25% chance show up? And when will it show up? Nobody knows that as no one can predict it.

Your very first pregnancy could be an SS foetus. What would you do?Abort the child, after conducting tests?

It is like rolling a dice. How often will you roll it, for it to come up as a 6 side?

As for saying you will not abandon an AS angel for another person, don't be deceived. That AS angel can turn into a shrew or a bitchy person, if her life gets filled with the wahala of caring for a sickle cell child.

That love you think you share, will fly out of the window due to the constant stream, and sickness you both have to deal with.

By the way, who told you that an AA angel cannot exist?? Grow up and stop thinking like a kid.

The only time you can marry an AS carrier is if you have 5 million to carry out IVF. Or if you are willing to adopt kids. Period.
I have said what I said and I stand by it. Don't forget I carefully used 'I' and not 'You' in my comment you quoted.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Rexology: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2020
CeterisXVII:

If you had taken time to read the last part of my comment, the bolded would not have been necessary, but I understand you were in a hurry to sound 'matured'.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 2:02am On Jun 24, 2020
FlordFlorez:
ur children must be -ve or u must have been injected with rhoGAM at each pregnancy.

It is can be concluded that getting married to lady who has had abortion in the past is very risky. It is possible she was impregnated by a person of incompatible RH and the foetus took RH of the man. How can this be unravelled? Are there further tests that could show a woman RH has been compromised?. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2020
HembaqMbk:

It is can be concluded that getting married to lady who has had abortion in the past is very risky. It is possible she was impregnated by a person of incompatible RH and the foetus took RH of the man. How can this be unravelled? Are there further tests that could show a woman RH has been compromised?. Thanks
well, it's not as if it's risky (thanks to rhoGAM) but ignorance of it is. Nothing like Rh being compromised. Where complication lies is if the woman is -ve and her fight feotus was +ve then subsequent +ve feotus will suffer without rhoGAM. Do u now get?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
CeterisXVII:

The IVF you mentioned costs in excess of 5 million Naira per cycle.

How many young couples can afford that??

Please re-read my comment again. 'IF' you can afford it was what I said. I didn't say it was for everyone.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
pocohantas:

Don’t blame them. Getting a good partner is hard, now adding another variable (genotype) makes it harder. I understand you though. The way they quickly ask could be “scary”.

Genotype: The First Thing To Ask If A Guy Seeks To Have A Relationship With You by Eulalia(f): 6:37am On Jun 13

https://www.nairaland.com/5922491/genotype-first-thing-ask-guy#90612542

Eulalia:
Please this an advice to all AS genotype peeps. Especially the girls.

Whenever a guy shows interest in you and wants to strike a relationship, please the first thing you should enquire is his genotype. YES! It won't make you come across as desperate but will save you a lot of brouhaha in the future in case you decide to take things to the next level. Ask ask ask. Phew!

Some might say its not necessary or its too early to do so but I tell you its not. because you do not know the day the love will crawl up on you and then you want to have this fellow for keeps only to discover very late and then to let go becomes an issue and then you have to contend with a force driving you into obvious danger. Our emotions cannot be controlled as you don't know how and when it will metamorphose into the next level hence the need to pop the question before our emotions betray us.

My advise to every AS carriers. Do not lose hope.
Don't throw caution to the wind cos it might back fire and you would wish you never did.
Don't see your genotype as a barrier or limitation. In fact, we are healthier than AA carriers according to studies as we hardly suffer malaria. I might not be able to explain the science behind that now but its true. Do your research. So no cause for alarm as with the compatible genotype, we can have healthy babies and be free from stories that touch. grin

This is just my two cents. smiley

Shalom.

The way they quickly ask could be “scary”. grin Eulalia you dey hear dis woman?!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by UrVillagePpl: 1:07am On Jun 25, 2020
Ishilove:

Better cancellation than SS problem. I lost my cousin to sickle cell at age 14, and I have another cousin, a 20 year old SS boy whose medical needs have almost wrecked his father to the extent he is going around looking for who to beg money for medicine from as we are about to enter rainy season. His dad, my mum's younger brother told my mum that mosquito must not bite the boy otherwise he would have a crisis.

The pains of having a sickle cell child is better imagined than experienced.

Avoidable mistakes..
It's better I end up not getting married to someone whom I so much love than to give birth to a SS carrier..

Intended couples, please check and recheck

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by BluntNigerian: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ishilove:

My eyes glazed over. I will leave Rhesus to the doctors
You are A+...
That means, You Are Rhesus Positive.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by DonroxyII: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
spiceadole:

That is why they keep accusing innocent old women in the village for witchcraft and the woman for serially killing her babies.

Rhesus factor is important.
Knowing it early gives intending couples an idea of what to expect.
There is an injection called Rhogam that should be given to a woman who is rhesus negative for every pregnancy or miscarriage if she is impregnated by a Rhesus positive man.

Nigerian youths are too ignorant.
Even the ones that have smart phones,including educated ones.
In 2020,people dont know about Rhesus factor incompatibility and isoimmunization.

Worrisome!
Aswear I don't know ... I usually see Rh on my genotype result , I have never bothered to understand what it means until my people brought me to this beautiful thread ... Now I'm so educated about it and I also meet Rhogam....

Ishi and Acidosi .... Thanks guys .... The beauty of Nairaland is Knowledge !

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by DonroxyII: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Obakashdee:

Blood group is A the + means you are RhD +
Thanks ... So O+ simply means one is Rh+ .... While O- simply means one is Rh negative ....

So, you can use the sign on blood group to determine Rhesus then ?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by DonroxyII: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
gbemishile:
I no dey bother cus I be AA
If you are a girl, your Rh should bother you.... Now, lemme do scoffield for you ... u need Rhogam Injection oo grin if you are Rh- married to Rh positive man ..

Now, be Bothered grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by DonroxyII: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bibyken:
No. I'm a microbiologist.
Thanks for your input .. !!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by gbemishile: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
DonroxyII:
If you are a girl, your Rh should bother you.... Now, lemme do scoffield for you ... u need Rhogam Injection oo grin if you are Rh- married to Rh positive man ..

Now, be Bothered grin
am a guy and I think am rh d positive
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Excel70: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2020
Saneesk:
Please i need help on this when i was born in port-harcourt one doctor told my mum that she's really lucky we are all AA,me being the last born.

Then when i was 21 years old i tried it again at one teaching hospital in kano state and i came out AS......

Now the question here is it that genotype changes with time or an error.
No visit a very reputable hospital with a good lab for test
Try to do it in more than one
What you experienced is a result of the poor healthcare system in the country

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bleeze2: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Not when you go for antinatal and you take rhogam after each baby smiley
FlordFlorez:
it's not adviceable for a rh+ male to marry rh- female. Foetus will keep dying.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by UjuJoan2: 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yes I have.

I thought he was the 'love of my life'. Walking away was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

But in retrospect, it was actually for the best. Marrying him would have been a big mistake.

I learnt a big lesson from that. Every disappointment is a blessing.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by CeterisXVII: 9:06am On Jun 30, 2020
Rexology:

If you had taken time to read the last part of my comment, the bolded would not have been necessary, but I understand you were in a hurry to sound 'matured'.
And I understand that you are in a hurry to sound woke, even though your mindset if far from enlightened.....
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by donjazet(m): 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
cool
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by LaboPolitics: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
perdollar:
it's either u r a native doctor or a med lab scientist

Most Medical Scientists are far more intelligent than you'll ever be my friend.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Gcool2(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
LegitDiva:
Yes!

Always knew I was AA, went to a silly lab just to confirm and was told I'm AS. I told him about it but said I wasn't sure.
Finally got to confirm I'm actually AA from a proper hospy but then he had moved on
God's plan
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Gcool2(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Munzy14:

This is serious, That means your family will be more of AS....

The only reason AS can marry is if they agree not to give birth, but only adopt.

A lady in my area entered psycho because of this genotype issue.
enter psycho like how..more gist pls
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HotPoundedYam(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
What will happen will always happen.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by med123(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
Greene Diagnostics Clinic does High-graded PGT for Couple who cannot risk having a SS Baby. Price is Cheap, and with Expert Handlers who are Seasoned Consultant Physicians.

Phone number: 08025200314
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by med123(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
Greene Diagnostics Clinic does High-graded PGT for Couple who cannot risk having a SS Baby. Price is Cheap, and with Expert Handlers who are Seasoned Consultant Physicians.

Phone number: 08025200314[b][/b]
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Janosky: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
HembaqMbk:
Have you lost a very good relationship because of incompatible Genotype?

What was your experience and how did you move on?
Yes.
Several times.
It's heartbreaking though.
But most heartbreaking, is the perennial anguish & life changing consequences of parenting a child living with sickle cell disease (SCD) which their parents can relate to.
Genesis chapter 24:1-67, helped me move on.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Janosky: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
Munzy14:

This is serious, That means your family will be more of AS....

The only reason AS can marry is if they agree not to give birth, but only adopt.

A lady in my area entered psycho because of this genotype issue.
You can't stop 2 consenting, well inform adults from marriage & birthing children.
They know how the shoes will be, let them wear it if they choose to.
Sometimes, some might have 3kids without SCD.
God's mercy still speaks.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
Janosky:

You can't stop 2 consenting, well inform adults from marriage & birthing children.
They know how the shoes will be, let them wear it if they choose to.
Sometimes, some might have 3kids without SCD.
God's mercy still speaks.
No one is stopping them, it is more of them thinking ahead....

Life itself is a survival of fittest in regards to the challenges, adding more avoidable challenges is this case...

Though for me, If I am deeply in love and such scenario plays out, i will boldly walk into the challenge...And carry it like my cross.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / What's The Most Annoying Or Shocking Thing A Kid Has Ever Told You? / Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.