Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Baggage Claim - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67700 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by tomic1(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Been away for a while, returned and was not disappointed at the updates I met. Bari... I feel for her. I hope Daniel somehow escapes death, don't want to believe he is gone just like that, but if he is, I expect David to bring Lina and Rowland to book as the detective that he is. Nice job dearie..
More wisdom
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ayemileto:
grin

If David was a detective, why didn't he suggest DNA test before the burial?

Just thinking out loud though. grin

Nice work OP.

David and his mom does not live in the same state with Daniel and Bari.

If you can remember the chapter where Daniel's Mom called him on phone, she was begging him to come home. She even said it at the funeral.

Daniel was buried two weeks after he died. David and his Mom only came for the funeral, before he decided to investigate on the cause of the accident.

His focus was on what or who caused the accident, and not if it was his brothers body or not. He was convinced that the body was Daniel's.

Are you clear now?
Re: Baggage Claim by Ayemileto(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
damselposh:

David and his mom does not live in the same state with Daniel and Bari.

If you can remember the chapter where Daniel's Mom called him on phone, she was begging him to come home. She even said it at the funeral.

Daniel was buried two weeks after he died. David and his Mom only came for the funeral, before he decided to investigate on the cause of the accident.

His focus was on what or who caused the accident, and not if it was his brothers body or not. He was convinced that the body was Daniel's.

Are you clear now?

Yes.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Khriztarl:
So, because of daniel and every other man u. Fan. Me that dislike football challenged my cousins today. Now, i'm recieving a waka from them. Plus, my #500 naira have gone like that. I thought i was following the right team. No body should talk to me o. Let me go and sleep.

Hahahaha you for Join the Blues na.

The sky is always Blue and not red. did you see how we finished them Last night. Hehehehehe. where is Austin80? your red blood don dry?

eyezik, how far na? wetin dey occur for your side?

lemme run before they catch me.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
Preshbeauty:
Action about to start.
I still believe that Daniel is alive.

Hahahaha believers ministry, Port Harcourt branch.
Okay bye.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
veenessha:
Detective David in the building, action will soon start.

Damsel today is my birthday, free popcorn for everybody.

Happy birthday mi amor.

Long life is assured.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
tomic1:
Been away for a while, returned and was not disappointed at the updates I met. Bari... I feel for her. I hope Daniel somehow escapes death, don't want to believe he is gone just like that, but if he is, I expect David to bring Lina and Rowland to book as the detective that he is. Nice job dearie..
More wisdom

Thanks sweetheart.
Missed you though.
Re: Baggage Claim by tomic1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
damselposh:

Thanks sweetheart.
Missed you though.

Awwnnn... smiley smiley smiley Missed you too
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Herbiedeen:
gringrin no reason me oh reason with me cool
Lol. See your head.
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
damselposh:

Hahahaha you for Join the Blues na.

The sky is always Blue and not red. did you see how we finished them Last night. Hehehehehe. where is Austin80? your red blood don dry?

eyezik, how far na? wetin dey occur for your side?

lemme run before they catch me.
cry
Re: Baggage Claim by Adeola25(f): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hmmm, hope it's not what I am thinking that Jeff is Daniel and Paulina is that Lina the murderer. Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
damselposh:

Happy birthday mi amor.

Long life is assured.

Who is cutting onions?
Damsel thank you, you made my day.

Rowland! Rowland!! Rowland!!! How many times did i call you, mind yourself and leave Bari and her baggage in peace.
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
this Uncle Jeff does not know that if you look at mirror in the night, you will see ojuju calabar, hian!
Re: Baggage Claim by Tonyspecial(m): 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Nice Combo,
Keep It Up
Re: Baggage Claim by ukaface(f): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
Adeola25:
Hmmm, hope it's not what I am thinking that Jeff is Daniel and Paulina is that Lina the murderer. Thanks for the update ma'am
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
I think this Jeff and his wife will lead us to Daniel.
Kudos damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 12:09am On Jul 21, 2020
Khriztarl:

no be because of una?
seriously, am so done with football. Let me just go and rest. Its not for me. Herbiedeen have said it already.

There are those who just enjoy watching and learning. I am not a Man Utd fan oo

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2020
veenessha:
Detective David in the building, action will soon start.

Damsel today is my birthday, free popcorn for everybody.

Happy belated birthday to you. Hope it was everything and more than you wished for?
May God blessings never pass you by and as you have begun a new journey, may Gods grace accompany you through.
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 12:17am On Jul 21, 2020
damselposh:

Hahahaha Chai, you never see that one wey ghost dey urinate? Nollywood will not kill somebody.

When I thought I have seen it all...

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2020
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"What style do you want to sew?" Bari asked the lady.

"I want a long, straight cut gown, with a slit running from the lap down" she replied.

"For Asoebi?" Bari asked.

"Yes"

"How do you want the hand? long sleeve? short? balloon?"

"Short, please"

"Okay then. let me take your measurement" she removed the tape on her neck and went close to the lady, with her notepad. "Hip 45, bust 43" she muttered, scribbling a few things down.

"Am i even adding or reducing? my hip used to be 42, i don't know what happened" the lady complained slightly.

"That is the handwork of food" Bari chuckled briefly before she spoke again "When will you need it?" she closed her notepad.

"The wedding is in two weeks time. Two saturdays away, actually. I think i will need it by next week or early next two weeks"

"Done. You will get it next week" Bari said with a smile.

"You said your charge is 4000 right?" the lady asked, opening her bag.

"Yes. But you can give me half of it now as advance payment, when the cloth is ready, you give me the rest"

"Naaaaah, i don't like owing. Am giving you the full payment now" she counted few naira notes and stretched her hands to Bari, who took it. "I will take my leave now and i will check on you next week" she stood up.

"No problem. Thank you" Bari told her, as she left. She continued with her work, humming lightly.

"Good afternoon sir" The girls greeted someone. Bari took her face up to know who the visitor was. She smiled at him.

"Afternoon, girls" he smiled at them before moving towards Bari. "Good afternoon, miss?" he raised his brows at her.

"Bariludu" She replied, then added "Please have a seat"

"Bariludu. You are Ogoni?" he asked as he sat down.

"Yes"

"I know. They are the ones that have "Bari" in most of their names" he nodded.

"Have you been to Ogoni before?" she asked, swiftly.

"Yes. Work has taken me to different states in the country. The last case i handled was in Rivers State, Ogoni precisely, so i know a little about them"

"You do know what Bari means then?" she squinted her eyes at him.

"Yes, Bari means God" he chuckled.

"That is why we have it in most of our names" she smiled slightly.

"Okay. I came to ask a few questions, again. Am sorry to disturb you but, you are the only person i know that can give me a little information about my brother" he shrugged.

"No problem at all, you can ask as many questions as you want, am not complaining at all"

"Do you know any Lina? or does the name ring a bell?"

"Yes, she works at the same hospital with your brother. According to Daniel, she was the only nurse he was close to"

"Have you seen her before?" he asked further.

"Yes, twice. The first time, she warned me to stay away from Daniel and the second time, she attacked me" she chuckled.

"She must really be a crazy woman" David said, letting out a throaty laugh.

"Do you want to question her too?"

"Yes. I went to the hospital yesterday to gather some information, they said Lina was my brother's close friend. I asked to see her, they said she quit work after Daniel's death. They gave me her house address, i went there, her neighbors said she packed out, three weeks ago" he sighed.

"Come to think of it, i didn't see her at the funeral" Bari said.

"I think she knows something. You said you spoke with my brother earlier, the day he had that accident?"

"Yes, i did, and he said he wasn't going out that day"

"Daniel's phone was retrieved, after the fire was put out, it is with the technician. i told him to try and fix it, He said it will be hard though, because the phone was almost burnt entirely, but he will try his best. Once he fixes the phone, I will go through his call log, i think someone called him out, that day" he scratched his jaw.

"Okay" Bari said.

"Do you know where i can rent a mini warehouse? like for a period of three months?" He asked, all of a sudden.

"What do you need it for?"

"An I.C.T. My boys are coming down from Abuja with our tracking and hacking machines, and a few other equipments too. I can't operate from the F.C.T, I need to get a place, here, for easy investigation" he nodded.

"I know an Agent that can help you, let me give you his mobile number" she fetched her phone from her bag.

NAZE IMO STATE

"Not again, Paulina" Jeff sighed and softly removed his wife's hand that was carressing his shoulder.

"Jeff, what is wrong with you? since you came back from the hospital, you no longer perform your duties as a husband" Paulina hissed.

"Am tired, am not in the mood, please" he sighed.

"Am a woman, am your wife and i need your touch, why can't you understand that?" she barked.

"Paulina, you yourself told me that the doctor said i shouldn't stress myself, why are you disturbing me?"

"So making love to your wife is stress?" she eyed him.

"Jumping up and down is stress, i don't have strength for that"

"Don't you want us to have kids?" she asked, soberly.

"That is the problem, what are we going to take care of the kids with? huh?" he sat up, his back resting on the wall.

"What do you mean by "what are we going to take of the kids with?" she twitched her face in confusion.

"I don't have a job, i don't have money. I can't even buy anything no matter how cheap it is, without asking you for money and here you are, talking about having kids" he sneered.

"I have a mini supermarket, what else do you want us to have?"

"You have a mini supermarket and not "We" or "I". Paulina, i need to get a job and take up responsibilities like other men. Am tired of staying broke"

"Okay, you will get a job, but first of all, you are making love to me this night, am feeling cold" she caressed his lap.

"No, not this night, some other time i guess. I want to sleep now, goodnight" he laid down and turned his back towards her. She hissed loudly, before facing the other side of the bed.

4 Likes

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Adeola25:

Am thinking the same thing too.

but let's watch.

thanks honey

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2020
veenessha:

Who is cutting onions?
Damsel thank you, you made my day.

Rowland! Rowland!! Rowland!!! How many times did i call you, mind yourself and leave Bari and her baggage in peace.

You welcome sweetheart.

Hope you had fun yesterday?
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2020
oyinella:
this Uncle Jeff does not know that if you look at mirror in the night, you will see ojuju calabar, hian!

Hahahaha ojuju Calabar.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Nice Combo, Keep It Up

Thanks sweetheart
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2020
Ujunwa14:
I think this Jeff and his wife will lead us to Daniel.

Kudos damsel.

Thanks sugar
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks dearie for the update, I cant wait for Dabid to catch that Lina girl
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
This David really mean business ooo.
I can't wait for him to catch Rowaway and his accomplice.
thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by skubido(m): 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes i really appreciate, God bless you all.

Wait oooo, that means Jeff is Daniel and Paulina is lina abi or am i over thinking because i miss Daniel.

Damsel come and unconfuse my confusion oo.
Thanks for the update.
Re: Baggage Claim by Tonyspecial(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good Points
Re: Baggage Claim by PrudySara(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
David is really serious about finding his brother's killer...
Jeff and Paulina, who might his two be??
Thanks damselposh, you're doing well!
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jeff and Paulina.

Who are these people?

Am loving David already.

Thanks damsel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (41) (Reply)

Deadly Missions / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 / Toto Pass Toto 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.