Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Baggage Claim - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67503 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Humbleness:
Thanks for the update

thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
PrudySara:
Na wa o... there's no kind of sickness one won't see and hear of.
Biko ehn, tell aunty nurse to stay on her lane o, and leave our Doctor.

Thanks for the update dear!

my sister, sickness dey for this world ooo.

hahahaha i will tell the nurse to stay away from our doctor.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
damis28crown:
kaiiiiiiiiiiii this rowland ehhhhh he naturally dont have sense abeg he should roll his trouble away jareeeee

hahahaha Chai, shoot me dead.
"he naturally doesn't have sense" Chai, you eeehn.
Re: Baggage Claim by PrudySara(f): 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
Odikwa better grin
damselposh:

my sister, sickness dey for this world ooo.

hahahaha i will tell the nurse to stay away from our doctor.
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
hmmmmmm. this one Daniel is winking.
hehehehehe, love story yaff started.
well done damsel, I love the song you used for the church service.
Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
aawwwwn love is about to start.
thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by damis28crown(f): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
damselposh:

seriously author the guy is fustrated very very
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
I love love!
Re: Baggage Claim by KrazzyAndy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
Another buster from the queen herself thanks for this update ma'am
Re: Baggage Claim by eyezik3(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
damselposh:

A very good write up ma'am, you're really the bomb.
More data to your phone dear cool
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Next...
Re: Baggage Claim by Tonyspecial(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
Interesting
Thanks sweetie
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
CHAPTER ELEVEN

Thunder claps sounded heavily in the sky. It was about to rain, the cloud had changed it's color and the evening was gradually turning to night. Bari packed up her things and beckoned on one of her girls.

"Ola, you girls will lock up, later. Am going home now, as you can see, it is about to rain and i don't want a single drop of it on my body" she wore her shoes and hijacked her bag from where she had kept it.

"Okay Ma" the girl replied with a nod.

Bari left the shop hurriedly walking down the road. She was on a lookout for a cab or a tricycle. She hadn't gone too far from the shop when a fierce wind blew coupled with another clap of thunder, the heavens opened up the flood gate because the rain started pouring in torrents.

Bari growled and ran into the verandah of a locked up shop, she stared at her hands and other parts of her body to verify if even a droplet had touched her body, she sighed in relief when she saw none. A black Acura MDX came to a halt in front of the shop, Rowland came down from the car and ran into the verandah of the shop where Bari was.

"Bariludu, how are you doing?" he asked breathing fast.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay away from me. How the hell did you even find me?" she barked, staring daggers at him.

"I followed you to your shop from the bank, the other day we met" he sighed.

"Rowland or whatever you are called, leave me alone, is that so hard to understand? leave me the hell alone" she screamed, her voice echoed loudly over the sound of rain splashing heavily on the roof of the shop.

"I know you told me to stay away from you, but am only here because it is raining and i know you can't get in the rain because of your ailment, if you can just get into the car and let me drive you home" he muttered.

"Okay, now you are concerned about my health? how pathetic you sound right now" she sneered.

"I surf the internet over the years and i realized that you are not the only person with that type of ailment. Other people from different parts of the world have the same ailment too, just come with me and i will explain everything to you" he pleaded with her.

"Internet surfer, well done sir, medical doctor, i sight you. Thanks but no thanks, i already went to the hospital and i know what is wrong with me, can you now leave me alone?" she scowled.

"Okay, just permit me to drop you off at home, just this one time"

"Pigs will fly" she scoffed.

"Bari i want you back, you and my child, i want to marry you, now. I know i hurt you in the past and am ready to make amends" he whispered.

"How wonderful, have you forgotten? you called me a baggage, no, you called us a baggage, i and my child, so are we no longer a burden to you?" she chuckled.

"Am sorry, please forgive me, i promise to treat you right, this time around"

"Pigs will fly" she scoffed again looking away.

"Okay, what is with you and this "pigs will fly"? he asked looking irritated.

"Pigs will fly before i ride with you in your car, pigs will fly before i let you back into my life again. As long as pigs can't and won't fly, i will never do those things you are asking of me" she looked at him in disdain.

"What if i make those pigs fly?" he smiled.

"Na you sabi. you are on your own, do you even think am laughing with you?" she hissed taking her gaze back to the road. Another black car, stopped just behind Rowland's car, she looked and wondered who the person was. Daniel stepped down from the car with an umbrella in his hand, he opened the umbrella and hovered it over his head while walking to the shop.

"Doc... doc...tor, you came?" Bari stuttered.

"Yes, i left the hospital when i noticed it wanted to rain cats and dogs, I hope you are okay?" he asked, looking from Bari to the other young man .

"Yes, am fine. thank goodness you came, i was wondering how i was going to make it home" she replied with a smile.

"But i volunteered to take you home" Rowland said.

"Pigs will fly before i go with you" she eyed him briefly before turning to Daniel "let's go, please" she said. They walked to the car with the umbrella hovering over their heads, Daniel led her to the passenger side of the car, opened the door for her while she entered, smiling up at him. he walked to the other side of the car and got in. closing the umbrella, he kept it on the dashboard of the car.

"How did you find me?" Bari asked when they drove off.

"I went to your shop but your girls said you already left before the rain started, i knew you wouldn't have gone far because they said it wasn't a long time since you left. So i was on the lookout for you, before i saw you" he explained.

"Wait a minute, how did you know my shop? I know i didn't tell you anything about it" she raised her brows in surprise.

"From your file, i got it from your file" he whispered, briefly sparing her a glance.

"Isn't that against the hospital policy? snooping around the patients' files" she bellowed.

"It is against the hospital policy, but they won't find out, unless you want to report me to the hospital" he smiled at her.

"Do you always smile like this to strangers? dont your cheeks hurt?" she scoffed looking away.

"You are really funny, how will my cheeks hurt because am smiling?" he chuckled.

"Well you smile often so am only concerned" she shrugged.

"And you are not even a stranger, i wouldn't have left the hospital to come pick you up if you were a stranger to me"

"Thank you" she muttered, staring at his face.

"You are welcome" he smiled at her again before taking his gaze back to the road.

9 Likes

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ujunwa14:
hmmmmmm. this one Daniel is winking.
hehehehehe, love story yaff started.
well done damsel, I love the song you used for the church service.

lol, from wink, another thing will start.
is nor my hand writing ooo.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Embellished:
aawwwwn love is about to start.
thanks damsel.

yes ooo, love e yaff want to start.
thanks
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
damis28crown:
seriously author the guy is fustrated very very

no be lie, very very frustrated.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
oyinella:
I love love!
I love love too
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
KrazzyAndy:
Another buster from the queen herself thanks for this update ma'am

thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Khriztarl:
Next...

lol, yes.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Interesting
Thanks sweetie

thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
"pigs will fly"
lol, where are they flying to?
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hahahaha, i love this girl. "pigs will fly".
aawwwwn, our doctor is a little bit romantic.
thanks damsel.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
This statement sweet "pigs will fly". Thanks for the update ma
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
See who wants to make pigs fly o..
i laugh in swahili..
Mr. Rowland, the only pigs that would fly are pigs like you. And, owh yes, they would fly out of this world, all the way to hell.
I can't imagine such guts after 8years. You must be very stupid. See your mouth like "what if i make them fly". It's egungun that is purnishing you, thats why you don't have a child with madam. Werey. I pity madam sha.
ride on damsel swttie. You're hearted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bari just dey bust my brain "pigs will fly".
Oga Rowland why not borrow sense small, she is not interested after how many years you want Bari and her baggage back, Oga pack well ooo and leave Bari for our smiley Doctor.

Damsel thank you for the update.
Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
I love you Bari. This Rowland no just get sense. After eight years, you called her a baggage and now you want her back? oleburuku.

Better leave her for our handsome doctor that smiles always.

thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
You people should help me beg Damsel to make our post long small na, nne biko nu
Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
I'm loving our Doc ooooo, since pigs can't fly Rowland should leave my Bari alone oooo

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Baggage Claim by Adesina12: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Rowland please make the pigs fly
You’re a goal getter... So go fo your goal of baggages
Though we love them THICK but you can manage this lepa grin
Damselposh thick baby sweet popcorn for you
I dey enjoying this tori
Re: Baggage Claim by Herbiedeen(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2020
It seems the colour of Bari's problem is Turtoise Pink...
Re: Baggage Claim by okikioluwafemi(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2020
it is really baggage claim

who is gonna claim the baggage

is it rowland or the doctor?

time will tell.
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Adesina12:
Rowland please make the pigs fly You’re a goal getter... So go fo your goal of baggages Though we love them THICK but you can manage this lepa grin Damselposh thick baby sweet popcorn for you I dey enjoying this tori
SMH. Walks away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

Toto Pass Toto 21+ / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.