Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God (5198 Views)

Bible Verses With Rose (daily Christian Issues) / Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2020
Do you know that you don't need to worship IDOLS before you commit the sin of IDOLATRY; Fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence (lust) and covetousness are all IDOLATRY. Col 3:5. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Obedience is the signature to servant hood.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2020
Our service to God is Key�. God gives us GRACE for service. GRACE not LABOURED with is wasted. If we don't ENGAGE in labour, our POTENTIAL will be IMPOTENT.

see you in church tomorrow on any social platforms.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2020
Here's a word for you today, " He will your mouth � laughter, and your lips � with rejoicing. They that hate you shall be clothed with shame; and the dwelling place of the wicked shall come to nought. Job8:21-22. #Shallom.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2020
Serve God sacrificially, go beyond your best in your service to God. Do it beyond your capacity. Remember, whatever is stretching you is blessing you. Won't you rather Go an extra mile for your Maker? #Shallom.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2020
There's a balm in Gilead
Text: Psalm 64
David said " preserve my life from the fear of the enemy" . He acknowledged the fact that there's an entity called " enemy" and also realizes that there's an emotion called " Fear of the enemy". Hence, his prayer for protection.

A lot of people are aware that there's an enemy, whether from within or without. These enemies could be from the family, close acquaintances whose wag their tongue like swords and spit out bitter words. They condemn when he that has moulded you hasn't condemned you. The bible says " they whet their tongue like sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words".
These set of people, shoot in secret, they gather and encourage themselves to do evil. They commune in closed places to lay snares and think in their heart that no one sees them. They use the fear of man against him and search out iniquities of man.The bible says they accomplish a diligent search, both inward thought and the heart so as to use it against him. These enemies heart are deep.

But fear not because God shall shoot at them with an arrow, that suddenly, they shall be wounded, their own tongues shall fall upon them, people that sees them shall flee at their sight. At the instance of what God will do to do them in return, all men shall fear and declare the work of God and we shall be glad in the Lord and glory in our Christ Jesus. Amen. #Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2020
THOUGHT IS DEED
Text: Prov. 4:23. (NIV) Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flow from it.
Prov. 4:23 (GNT) Be careful how you think, your life is shaped by your thoughts.
Prov. 23:7 (KJV) As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Your circumstances do not defeat you but your spiritual attitude towards your circumstances can defeat you.

Everyone will face circumstances in life. God has never promised us a problem free life.
You should never be pushed around by circumstances or the problems you face, to do evil,hurt yourself or anyone around you or even do contrary to your will or the will of your maker.
Guard the gate of your heart with all diligence, be careful how you think because your life is shaped by your thoughts.

Evil vices, thoughts, depression, wayward living, fear etc, clings to us when we make our HEART or MIND vulnerable. The bible says, "let the word of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight". Therefore, what thoughts do we permit? What thoughts goes on in our mind when in closed doors? What thoughts floods our heart and mind when we see? What thoughts do you welcome when you hear? I say to you, " THOUGHT IS DEED" . For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

* Do you think of drinking to stupor against your will? Guard your heart.
*Do you give it a thought to jump into the deep blue sea, or taking what belongs to animals as sniper, ending it for vain things? Guard your heart.
*Do you get driven to give it all up without another trail? Guard your heart.
*Do you UnCloth a lady at first sight with your microscopic eyes? Guard your heart.
*Do you think of coveting what does not belong to you? Guard your heart.
Occupying your minds with pure thoughts, meditating on things of God rather than mundane things and singing praises to your maker are sure ways to guard your heart.
Think no evil, speak no evil and do no evil cos thought is deed. Shalom.
#BalminGilead.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:52am On Jul 04, 2020
What is the purpose of the wealth God has given to you? Solomon corrupted God's wealth in his life for lack of purpose by building a thousand shrine.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; But his delight is in the book of the Lord.

Psalm 1:1 ESV
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2020
PRAY WITHOUT SEASON

The devil knows that if he can attack a Christian’s prayer life, then he can get that fellow. That is why he brings all sort of distractions to take your mind off prayers. Your work, family responsibilities, social media, television and even church activities are all things that he ensures take your time such that you have little time left for prayers. I pray for you: Your prayer altar will receive fire in the mighty name of Jesus.

Many of the struggles that we experience today would not even have existed if only we prayed. You can move mountains and change seasons with your prayer. You are only shortchanging yourself when you don’t pray.

1 John 5:14 says:
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:”

WHAT TO PRAY ABOUT:

*The country needs prayers so that ungodly policies will not stand;

*You need prayers so you don’t fall for the trick of the devil in this end times.

*Your children need prayers against the perverseness of this generation.

** James 5:16 says:
“…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2020
HE IS YAWEH, THE ALL MIGHTY GOD...WHAT DO YOU CALL HIM?

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2020
Call forth things that be not as if they were...this is what I heard so I call forth this day, month and year to be unto me for double blessings,annointing, testimonies. What about you?
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2020
#There'sabalminGilead

Text: Psalm 128

Do you know that they are blessings attached to fearing God and walking in Gods ways? Psalm 128 sheds light to the various blessings we would attract to ourselves when we do the biddings of God. These are:

* we shall be blessed.
* we shall eat the labour of our hands.
* we shall be happy.
* it shall be well with us.
* our wives shall be a fruitful vine by the sides of our house.
* our children shall be like olive plants round about our table.
* we shall be blessed out of the land and shall see the good of the land all the days of our life.
* we shall surely see his children's children and have peace.

All these comes without stress when we just obey to fear and walk in his ways. Obey Gods injunctions and see yourself magnetizing blessings to yourself. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Oh Lord teach us to pray without season. The earnest cry of the righteous availeth much.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2020
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will heal their land.
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2020
THE WAITING ROOM

The waiting room is a place or time when you are expecting something tangible from God, a time when you are expectant. It is a time when all your faith clings to the Almighty for a miracle to appear. The waiting room is a time when you've gotten what you want, but you are still hanging on for the maturity time when everyone even your arch enemy will be astonished and celebrate with you.

The waiting room is a period where God will answer by fire�and bulldoze, replace everything that needs to be bulldozed and replaced in your life for your miracle to appear.

WHAT DO WE AT THE WAITING ROOM

Many loose focus at the waiting room, either because if lack of faith or they are too impatient with God. Maybe because they are idle and you know an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

What do you do to keep busy while waiting for your miracle? What do you do to accelerate and pull down the mighty hand of God in performing that miracle speedily ?

** The first and ultimate thing is to Accept the Lord as your Lord and saviour. Be a child of God. Only children expect things from their parents. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things SHALL BE ADDED unto you. Matt 6: 33.

** Raise him an alter of praise.

** Serve the Lord your God with all your might because serving God ensures a life of fruitfulness.

** Be a distributor and not a consumer.

** Be sold out to Jesus, involve yourself in the advancement of the kingdom of God. Work for God.

** Pray believing it is done. SHALOM.

#TheresabalminGilead

2 Likes

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Put on the new man, new nature , pleasing to God, take away the old man that makes you smell before God. Accept JESUS today and live a worthy life. Shalom.

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2020
[b]#TheresaBALMINGILEAD

Psalm 34

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;
the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him. #SHALOM �[/b]

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2020
Just can't help it!!

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2020
Best way to go..�

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2020
Make it a date..

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2020
Jesus is waiting for you...

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2020
There's a Balm in Gilead

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2020
May your hustle yield unexplainable blessings today!!

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by DextrousDavid(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2020
Thank you ma for all the good work. I'm following your thread

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2020
DextrousDavid:
Thank you ma for all the good work. I'm following your thread

You are most welcome sir...trust you are in the faith?
Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by DextrousDavid(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
KBARBIE:

You are most welcome sir...trust you are in the faith?
ah.. yes o. where else could I possibly be

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=DextrousDavid post=91953411]
ah.. yes o. where else could I possibly be

[/quotes

Smiles.

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2020
*EVERYTHING IN LIFE TEACHES. GO TO THE BATHROOM AND LEARN THE INTEGRITY OF THE BATHROOM.*

Have you ever thought of integrity and character of d bathroom?

ENCLOSED ROOM.....
The Bathroom is a separate part of the house that is purposely designed for bathing.
A small apartment carved out to see our unclothedness, fault and accommodate our dirt.
Are you a Room or a Roof, are you a wall or a war? Do you cover people or you expose them? Are you a defender?

REFRESH......
Everyone of us comes out of the bathroom better than we entered. The place of relief and refresh.
Are you sure people get better anytime they have contact with you, or they get bittered? Learn from your bathroom.

SECRET KEEPER....
I have never come across any bathroom that shout and make noise, it will never expose your secret and unclothedness to others. Once you move out of the bathroom, no one knows what had happened. In fact let one thousand people take bath in the same bathroom, I can guarantee you, It will never divulge your secret, figure or unclothedness to another person. The scars which others cannot see, bathroom sees and knows it.
Are you trust worthy, responsible or dependable? Learn from your bathroom.

TOLERANCE........
Do you know that the bathroom is tolerant??, It doesn't matter how dirty and smelly you are in the bathroom, it will never take advantage of your carelessness.
Do you know that at the slightest mistakes and errors from others you flare up? Are you patient enough to bear and tolerate the weakness of others? Learn from d bathroom.

ACCOMMODATING.......
Do you notice we only run to toilet only when we need it? Yet, it will never block you from accessing it. Bathroom will never ignore or reject you. If you like abandon it for years, any day you feel like going back to use it, it will accept and accommodate you. Your place and space will be reserved for you.
How often do you forgive? how quick do you forget offence? How large is your heart? Do you correct in love or in anger?

FIX AND FIRM......
The fact that we have mobile toilets does not change the integrity of d bathroom. The Bathroom will never beg anyone to use it, it will never shift ground for any reason. If you are ready to come, it will accept you, but for her to run after you is not possible.

ENTRY AND EXIT.
Bathroom will never retain any rubbish and trash you give to it. The entrance to the bathroom is always wide, the channel of transferring your load is small. It has a large heart and will never keep record of wrongs.
How large is your heart?
Do you have integrity at all, can we trust your words, why are you easily influenced? Are you not compromising in the face of trials and tribulations? Especially when men ignore you.

You cannot provoke bathroom, if you like make noise, sing, shout, keep silent, slash water, it will never complain.

Hmmmmm..... Do you see the correlation between the bathroom and human life?

1 Like

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2020
#There'saBalminGilead

YOU AREN'T ALONE!

Are you in great pains, are you sorrowful, devastated, in commotion? Does it feel like God isn't God anymore in your life? Maybe yours is a situation of "God why me"?, "why is it at this time"?, "Why now"?. Peradventure, you are in a crossroad, you don't just know where, what and who to turn to. I tell you today, YOU AREN'T ALONE. Isa 43:2 says "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee".

Beloved, God sees your troubles and knows what you are going through and he says to you today be still and know that I am your God. Your light shall break forth as the morning, and your health shall spring forth speedily. Just know that, *You Aren't Alone*.

GOD is in that boat with you, if only you can see him. Psalm 59: 1-3 says " Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened,that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities ( sin ) have separated between you and your God, and your sins have his face from you, that he will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness". SIN is the devil's weapon that will make you to be alone in the storm of life. Why not confess and forsake those little little foxes and allow God stand by you and fight your battles today. As you do this, be assured that henceforth, YOU AREN'T ALONE IN THAT BOAT. Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2020
#TheresaBalminGilead
TOPIC: STANDING STRONG �
TEXT : COLOSSIANS 2

After receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour, beloved, it doesn't end there. Our work for and walk with God begins at that point. Vs 6 of our text says " As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him, that is, continue to live your whole life in him. Vs 7, Rooted and built up in him and established ( Strengthened) in the faith and abounding in Thanksgiving".

Beloved, while in your walk with Jesus, beware of being deceived by evil philosophy, the tradition of men that is after the rudiments of this world that are not Christlike. For you are complete in God who is head over everything and powers and alive in him. We were circumcised by him immediately we decided to put off our sinful nature, and being dead to sin. He forgave us our sins, having blotted out every handwriting of ordinances ( settling our indebtedness) that was against us and which condemned us, he went further to make an open show of them by taking them away from our way and died with it on the cross, making us a free person. Which means devil no longer holds any account against us. Our past is erased. We now have and live a new life in Christ Jesus.

Therefore, do not listen to any thoughts, or entertain anyone using your past against you. For verse 16 of our text says "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day". Verse 18 further says "Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you". Be free therefore, from human rules and focus on the word of God. Let the word of God dwell richly in you and guide you in your walk with your maker.

If you are reading and you are yet to be bond with Jesus. Please accept him today for It pays to serve Jesus. Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God by KBARBIE(f): 8:40am On Jul 31, 2020
Word for today!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A World Without Religion...better Or Not? / Is Tb Joshua Real? / Why Do You Love God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.