Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking (15352 Views)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by FlordFlorez(m): 5:28am On Jun 26, 2020
How will that stop rape?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by EdiskyHarry: 5:39am On Jun 26, 2020
God bless akwa ibom state government,
God bless the United States of Niger delta

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by calebadeosun: 5:57am On Jun 26, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Use your eyes and read through
u are the one nt reading it.Be calm and read thru the guys comment wella
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by jeroncomputers(m): 6:04am On Jun 26, 2020
Its always like that, inflicting more pain on the less privileges, instead of looking for a better option for them
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by lordaltruist(m): 6:13am On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=CHOPbeating post=91079679]How will those hustlers survive the aftermath of this pandemic??
Structures are supposed to have been put in place before implementing this socially dejected policy.[/quote/]

Unlike other states,

In Akwa Ibom State there are numerous structures for them; we have free and compulsory education from basic to secondary and in Akwa Ibom State, WAEC examination is free all paid up by the government and I am a testimony to that fact and they have the best public schools you could think of.

There are government loan without interest for SMEs plus for the past 8-10 years Akwa Ibom State Government has been running free Skill Acquisition and Empowerment for Youths and Women in the state this they don't have a reason to hawk or send their wards to hawk.

Everything boils down to greed; we are not satisfied with what we have and so we tend to satisfy ourselves in every means possible.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by lordaltruist(m): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2020
CHOPbeating:
How will those hustlers survive the aftermath of this pandemic??
Structures are supposed to have been put in place before implementing this socially dejected policy.

Unlike other states,

In Akwa Ibom State there are numerous structures for them; we have free and compulsory education from basic to secondary and in Akwa Ibom State, WAEC examination is free all paid up by the government and I am a testimony to that fact and they have the best public schools you could think of.

There are government loan without interest for SMEs plus for the past 8-10 years Akwa Ibom State Government has been running free Skill Acquisition and Empowerment for Youths and Women in the state this they don't have a reason to hawk or send their wards to hawk.

Everything boils down to greed; we are not satisfied with what we have and so we tend to satisfy ourselves in every means possible.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by lordaltruist(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2020
Openbusiness:

This is Nigeria, nothing will be put in place

Unlike other states,

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by nijapoliticsand: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2020
This is really not the problem we have right now.

I read this article somewhere and it confirms South Africa started it`s Vaccinated trial.

They are really starting from Africa.

Two articles i read from this website that is really giving me concern about Africa and how they want to use the love of money to destroy its citizens.

[url][/url]https://shapads.com.ng/how-long-until-coronavirus-vaccine-south-african-begun-its-trials/

[url][/url]https://shapads.com.ng/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-nigerian/

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:48am On Jun 26, 2020
Maxy001:
Please nairalanders help me with any token.So hard to feed and provide for my family.Am pleading for any form of help and God will never put you in such a painful and hard situation.Please anything will help save a family. 00 33 66 71, GTB.God bless you richly.

All you do is beg from morning till night. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You have two arms and two legs, yet you chose to be a nuisance on the internet begging hardworking people for money. You must be extremely stupid if you think that anyone would copy your account number and send you their hard earned money. Fool

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by oshiiteoku: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2020
Enugu state should copy this too,those kids at tunnel and stadium are becoming something else

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by mrkings84(m): 7:09am On Jun 26, 2020
Welcome development. The earlier they leave the streets and engage themselves into meaningful skills the better. It's actually for the jeir own good.

I remember when they stopped okada in PH many years ago, my brother who was a bike operator picked a skill, today he is gainfully employed. Who knows, if the government didn't stop bike by then,maybe he would have died from accident by now.

Akwa Ibom shall be great.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by barrypro: 7:12am On Jun 26, 2020
Haaa. Its ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by uuzba(m): 7:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Use your eyes and read through
You haven't answered anything.
The guy asked you, "what structures have been put in place before sending everyone off the streets?"

It's not play that they came to play on the road. The kids are trying to earn money by doing street hawking. Unfortunately they are being raped and robbed.
Now you say they should get out of the road and stay at home.
How will they now earn the money?
What structures have been put in place to earn the money they were looking for before?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Blackking98(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Yes
We're also developing the citizens and not just building infrastructure.
Akwa ibom ado ok.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by technuel: 7:31am On Jun 26, 2020
Good

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Hunchogee: 7:31am On Jun 26, 2020
Jumlek2411:
It's better
I think so too

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
This is commendable.
Yes sir, it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by uuzba(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
lordaltruist:

Unlike other states,

These people hawking, are they aware of all these things your stated here?
Since you are a beneficiary, why don't you spread this message to them?
Because in this Nigeria, ordinary English is some people's problem.
Because somebody can read and write and get some information and progress a bit in life, the next thing is to bullshit and distance himself from those that can't read or write and allow them suffer in ignorance/poverty.
We do that A LOT in this country, Nigeria mn
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
CHOPbeating:
How will those hustlers survive the aftermath of this pandemic??
Structures are supposed to have been put in place before implementing this socially dejected policy.
The will have another opportunities , the always do

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
Jumlek2411:
It's better
Honestly sir
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by AmazingELixir: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2020
grin

This Ambode's Police commissioner ally is now in Akwa ibom...stopping street trading in Lagos, Akwa ibom, Anambra, Abia and Ebonyi states is like asking people not to breathe in those areas.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2020
PrymHorizon:
This is a good step in the right direction. Akwa Ibom has been always been a neat and organised State.
Its one state worth visiting when you plan to go on tourism.

Sir you are always welcome sir
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2020
ENGINEERG:
ONLY THIS STATE IS MAKING SENSE O, IN 20 YEARS TO COME ,OTHER PART OF THIS COUNTRY WILL NEED VISA TO GO THERE, BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT OTHERS BEHIND...
Lol, thanks sir for your commendation. Meanwhile your comment deserve 10stars rating
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2020
ekestic1976:
Waiting for the same thing here in Oyo state. But Makinde says he's once a Bread seller. Ibadan is a jungle now. Lord have mercy.
W.h.a.t ?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:42am On Jun 26, 2020
Felixamos:

LOL.. Are you forgetting you're in Nigeria? The same country where a law maker moved a motion that generator should be seen as a crime and anyone caught using generator should be imprisoned and fined whereas their complex is powered by generator.. No be say them give us light oh! Thank God it was opposed... Guy forget those politicians oh! (both pdp and apc)..
This is a state pass law and my man I don't thing you know Akwa Ibom state honestly...the will implement it. Ask christ embassy what happen to their pastor and this is the only state that rapist get Life imprisonment punishment ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2020
trinity227:
Just a piece of advice.
Instead of to go rape small pikin when go send you to jail.. He better for you to fvck plantain tree for inside hox with condom oh... ���
That one no body will arrest you.
Lol, make e be your plantain ooo
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2020
Untainted007:
I can remember this CP Edgal back then as a CP in Lagos, he was proactive and communicates well with the press. It was his time badoo gangs were apprehended in Ikorodu then. He's able to deliver. But I'm sure the state will be able to provide another means for the masses if they are kept off the street? Man must whack
The truth most and I mean most not all of the hawkers are not from Akwa Ibom, if you understand me
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:

Like your moniker, you need chop beating. Shey you no read the post ni?
Lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking by Ilaumoh(m): 7:46am On Jun 26, 2020
Actuator:
Good
Yes sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Meets Sharon Ikeazor For Collaboration With Ministry Of Environment / 2023 Election: I Will Not Labour In Vain - Hon Yusuf Lasun / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.