Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo (76756 Views)

Kogi Man Returns ₦5.85 Million Erroneously Transferred To His Bank Account(pics) / Man Returns Money And ATM Card He Found At ATM Point To A Bank In Sokoto (Photo) / Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by DorianD(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
1.8 million naira in a cartoon, assuming it's a thousand naira denomination would be suspiciously heavy.Story is plausible but false.Specious!!
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Ingredient88(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lies, show us the video, and let see the money,.....inside this COVID19 shocked
Nobody can do that, I can't be this new! lipsrsealed
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Forget it, the guy on his own has money. Is it a poor man that can but cartons of indomie?
If it is a poor man na who bought just those cartons for consumption, he knows that God has blessed him for real. Look at the Tommy of the guy, you will know that money is not the man's problem
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by rita25(f): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
and pple will be branding al igbo pple as greedy see one good egg so can the internet catch fire nau?
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by obstead200(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:
But, But, why was 1.8 million naira inside an indomie carton in the first place? grin

On second thought....

Was the indomie carton sealed or not? How can a sealed indomie carton have 1.8 million naira in it?

Again, if it wasn't sealed, why would anybody buy indomie in an unsealed carton?

Even if it was unsealed, did the seller not check the content at all throughout the transaction?

Let's pretend the seller was careless, did the buyer not bother for one second to look into the unsealed indomie carton before walking away from the store?

I'm just one of those people that like to question everything they hear.
ok let me educate u on why this is possible.
Traders in busy markets that are not so secure often hide their cash proceeds for the day among the goods before closing for the day. It is a common practice. No one would think of looking for money to steal among cartons of indomie. It is even less conspicuous if the carton is re-sealed to make it look intact.
It is possible the trader hid it the day before but his assistant opened the shop the following day and started selling before he came.

1 Like

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Xisnin(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Gilbertase:
xisnin, i quoted you cos i KNOW we can have an intellectual exchange and not banter. Look at it this way, if you bought a car and while cleaning it you found money or lets say a blue diamond stashed in it, would you return the money/diamond?
Yes. I will return the diamond starch.
There are hundreds of way you can return an item that you really want to return
even if you have to go through an intermediary.
I can't find the owner is just a lame excuse to keep the loot.
Of course, there are exceptional circumstance where the owner of the item can't be found
but it is very rare.

Also, imagine you bought land and while setting the foundation you found same in the land debris (wrapped in something, so we are clear it wasnt as found in nature), would you contact the seller of said parcel of land?
If you bought land and find same, it means the current seller is likely not the owner of the item.
The ethical thing to do is to wait for a few months to see if anything comes up.
If not, publicly hand it over to the police or convert same to some charity donation.
What happens after should be none of your concern since it wasn't yours, to begin with.

Ps: Also this story is bollocks, i put a bale of 100k in an indomie carton just now. No way that carton will take 18 and still have any meaningful space for indomie, and that is SUPERPack carton o. Normal carton wont even take the full 1.8m
It doesn't matter if the story is real. It might have been exaggerated or embellished or a complete fiction.
However, you gave a real-world advice which some people agree with and which can also inspire others
to act unjustly even in dissimilar situations.

The cost of promoting a dishonest society will be borne by all and it is not a pretty burden.
With the way behaviors evolve, one bad turn usually predict another.
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by newsboi: 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Igbo amaka
Igbos are known to be of high integrity when it comes to returning what actually did not belongs to them
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by obstead200(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
DorianD:
1.8 million naira in a cartoon, assuming it's a thousand naira denomination would be suspiciously heavy.Story is plausible but false.Specious!!
I suspect u have not seen that much cash in your life before. (Na joke oooo). But The difference in weight won't be much compared to the real indomie
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Laykonyde(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sorry but this isn’t about being honest but stark idiocy. Such money can’t be traced to any individual so returning it makes no sense. E get some people wey poverty no dey taya walahi

Often people who don't know how to do what is right are the ones who claim to be well educated. Taking what belongs to someone else takes happiness away from u ie if u have conscience. Sadly, a lot of people don't have it and in that bracket is massive amount of religious people.
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by stywo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Your source is your blog and its already on fp
1.8 million in a carton of indomie undecided...and it's supposed to be sealed?
The ipob mods knows what they're doing.
The story hardly makes sense. Now coupled that the person returning the money is from that side makes it more incredulous.
I doubt it
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Karlifate: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cartoon of Indomie?!
You mean Indomitables
orjisblog:
Mr Chidiebere Of Imo State Returns A Cartoon Of Indomie With N1.8M

A Man Of Integrity...

A man identified as Mr Chidiebere Ogbonna has returned 1.8 million naira which he found in a carton of indomie noodles he purchased in Owerri, Imo State.

According to the Story, the carton was partially filled with noodles coupled with some bundles of N1000 notes.

When asked why he returned the cash despite the hardship affecting the country at the moment, he said the money was not his, so there was no reason for him to keep it.

The owner of the business who could not hold back his joy, thanked him and told him to come back and collect a carton of indomie whenever he needs it till December.

Please let's celebrate this man today, am really proud of him.

Will you return the money if you were the one??

https://orjisblog.com.ng/2020/06/26/mr-chidiebere-of-imo-state-returns-a-cartoon-of-indomie-with-n1-8million/

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Yinkagbo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:
But, But, why was 1.8 million naira inside an indomie carton in the first place? grin

On second thought....

Was the indomie carton sealed or not? How can a sealed indomie carton have 1.8 million naira in it?

Again, if it wasn't sealed, why would anybody buy indomie in an unsealed carton?

Even if it was unsealed, did the seller not check the content at all throughout the transaction?

Let's pretend the seller was careless, did the buyer not bother for one second to look into the unsealed indomie carton before walking away from the store?

You just wrote what's in my mind and these questions would be the main reason I won't return the money because there is probability that the owner of the store is not the owner of the money
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by ogbanekanu(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
monfizzy:
Sorry but this isn’t about being honest but stark idiocy. Such money can’t be traced to any individual so returning it makes no sense. E get some people wey poverty no dey taya walahi
u just spoke my mind
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Small080(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Some people won't rich / make it in life till Jesus arrive.... Stupid soul grin
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xisnin:

Yes. I will return the diamond starch.
There are hundreds of way you can return an item that you really want to return
even if you have to go through an intermediary.
I can't find the owner is just a lame excuse to keep the loot.
Of course, there are exceptional circumstance where the owner of the item can't be found
but it is very rare.

If you bought land and find same, it means the current seller is likely not the owner of the item.
The ethical thing to do is to wait for a few months to see if anything comes up.
If not, publicly hand it over to the police or convert same to some charity donation.
What happens after should be none of your concern since it wasn't yours, to begin with.

It doesn't matter if the story is real. It might have been exaggerated or embellished or a complete fiction.
However, you gave a real-world advice which some people agree with and which can also inspire others
to act unjustly even in dissimilar situations.

The cost of promoting a dishonest society will be borne by all and it is not a pretty burden.
With the way behaviors evolve, one bad turn usually predict another.
fair enough.

If i bought a car and i find diamonds or dollars stashed in it, i certainly wont return it anymore than i didnt return the $1 or $5 bills i was lucky to find in okrika jeans back in the day. Finders keepers.

Same with the land. If i was walking by the beach and the water washes up a diamond, i'm taking it. I'm not starting any sorta enquiry. If i buy land and it has oil, or gold, or diamond deposits, i aint calling on the gov to give the goodies back, because i bought only top land. Ati top land ati bottom land, i buy am ni. That's that.

But in this case specifically, since most likely the said place/ community would be assumed to be a familiar domain, what i would do is keep tabs on the place. If that person lost 1.8million word will come out. I'm only giving back that money when i'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that the said biz owner owns it. Maybe he did that and was SURE, hence, he returned it.

Make no mistake, i respect your view too. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by VellyG(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:

On second thought....

While I was in school during hols I use to assist my uncle in his shop where sells biscuit as a distributor. You need to see the way we disguise money whenever it's time to go deposit in the bank. Bros its the sealed biscuit carton we use carry money to the bank.

Just try put am for leather bag before u leave ur shop self those scammers , pickpocket , money doublers go feast on you and the money will go into thing air.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by mechanics(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
Wow, we still have men of integrity in this country, God will bless him.
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Advancedman(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
orjisblog:
Mr Chidiebere Of Imo State Returns A Cartoon Of Indomie With N1.8M

A Man Of Integrity...

A man identified as Mr Chidiebere Ogbonna has returned 1.8 million naira which he found in a carton of indomie noodles he purchased in Owerri, Imo State.

According to the Story, the carton was partially filled with noodles coupled with some bundles of N1000 notes.

When asked why he returned the cash despite the hardship affecting the country at the moment, he said the money was not his, so there was no reason for him to keep it.

The owner of the business who could not hold back his joy, thanked him and told him to come back and collect a carton of indomie whenever he needs it till December.

Please let's celebrate this man today, am really proud of him.

Will you return the money if you were the one??

https://orjisblog.com.ng/2020/06/26/mr-chidiebere-of-imo-state-returns-a-cartoon-of-indomie-with-n1-8million/
Where are the pictures
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by middlebelter(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is a good one from my Igbo brother. We have people if integrity in this country and to the people like Husppipi or what they call themselves, stop destroying our image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by judedwriter(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Salmoneus:
Would I have returned it? grin grin grin

rhetorical question grin

No one but your conscience fit answer am.
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Laykonyde(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Can see a lot of people displaying poverty mentality. If something isn't yours why keep it. God rebuke poverty!
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Exodora: 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:

On second thought....

There is every possibility of it being in the carton.
2009 while I was helping my aunt to sell feed for livestocks , the only sefer place I could hid money was in a cup of medicine of those livestocks .
Let's assume I was aware and someone comes to buy there is every possibility that the person around might just sell out the medice cup unknowly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Who now own the money? The shop owner or indomie company?
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by juniorstar(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
how the money take enter carton of indomie...
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Nyceguy92: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:

On second thought....

Kudos for the analysis. I thought same thing, too.

It is unfortunate that most Nairalanders just jump in to comment on posts without much thought.
The story is definitely made up to trend/ keep us busy, especially given the trend in social media these days.

Main point: check whether all aspects of a post fit well or sound feasible/logical before you respond.
Some people here are not kids.

1 Like

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Clinghton: 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
So indomie is doing promo, and he returned his own gift back.

How did the money find itself in a concealed carton?
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Heineken:
Wow. The man try o. So specialagent bro you for no return am? Lol

Ofcoruse!! . When you buy a plot of land & struck a gold reserve or crude oil reserve. will you return am to the seller?

The dude bought indomie, paid in full for everything in that carton. That 1.8 mili na his money jor grin

1 Like

Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by otokx(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is really an encouraging news
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
joey150:

On second thought....

The owner is simply an old school business man, just like my late dad, i remember him packing bundles of 100 naira notes into St louis sugar carton back den in the early 90s and then sealing it back. Safety and rainy day used to be some of his reasons. But of course he always carried them to our warehouse at home
Re: Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo by Gee64: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is what our young Nigerians should emulate instead they chose to be cyber thieves.

Anyway, if you dupe one of his lifesaving, he will go the African way to deal with you. Many young men either die prematurely or become insane after stealing other people's money.

Lazy and greedy youths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man / Woman Goes Naked At Access Bank Due To Inability To Get Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.