Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles (27195 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: How Much Dollars Did You Pay PDP For Governorship Ticket? / Saraki And His Unending Political Battles - Newtelegraphonline. / 2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons (2) (3) (4)

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2020
Peacecoy19:
Obaseki has committed a big political SIN of denying lawfully elected assembly members to carry out their Mandates and the affected constitutuents had no representation.There can never be justification for this in democracy.Obaseki that committed this has been running everywhere looking for another mandate!.The way of GOD is that Obaseki cannot get another mandate again in this life, because he never trusted GOD,for those that put their trust in GOD will not so desperate as to be driven to great injustice against more than half the population of Edo state.

I'm coming to respond to this
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 27, 2020
mamotalk:

you better humble like your brother Oshiomole.
i am apolitical
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by seguno2: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2020
uniqueboi1:
Even if you lose election you have my respect. It's not easy not to be a coward these days given the precedence set by ambode. You have done well. I wish you all the best.

Obaseki has shown that truly, Edo is not Lagos.
Oshiomole is not Tinubu, since he does not have bullion vans.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2020
AntiWailer:

Ambode does not have the support of his deputy and majority of the assembly were against him.

He would av been impeached if he attempted any thing. Once impeached , he won't be able to even contest and will lose every entitlement as a former Governor.

Ambode and Obaseki's case are not the same..

Ambode's deputy supported Sanwolole and voted for him during primaries.

So before you people write try and think it won't hurt.

You have been thinking for too long that your brain is overheating. Let me help you out, we are actually saying the same thing. Ambode should have at least fought like a man and lost, it would have been on record that he fought, he challenged the status quo. But we all know how the story went, even ministerial slot he did not see now he has gone back to asslicking his oppressors. Try to reason like a man, use your brain. It's not everything tinubu says that you guys would swallow. The way he jettisoned Ambode, one would think Ambode didn't perform as Governor. Have you compared Ambode's achievements to Sanwo-olu's Don't be a zombie, use your brain it doesn't hurt.

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by ofiko123(m): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2020
whytediamond:
They don't ever discuss on what they did or will do for the masses. Nahhhh.

It's always about them. What a shame.

Are you part of the masses??
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 8:10am On Jun 27, 2020
seguno2:

Obaseki has shown that truly, Edo is not Lagos.
Oshiomole is not Tinubu, since he does not have bullion vans.

Hahahahahhaahahaha

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by mamotalk: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2020
Nwamabo24:
i am apolitical
your neutrality is doubtful
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by spirul77: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2020
I'm from edo and may I ask you on what basis do you want obaseki yo be re elected as our state Gov? Does he have any signatory project to boast of as the governor of one of the state with the highest federal govt allocation? Almost four years in edo now and dude hasn't done a thing but you still clamor for reinforcement, has he done better in governance than he predecessors ?
Cantonese:

The same Ize Iyamu that was beaten by the same Obaseki in 2016?
The same Ize Iyamu who was publicly called a thief by Oshiomole, thereby damaging his image?
The same Obaseki whose political profile has soared far and above all other contestants?
The same Obaseki who sits as the governor with the people behind him?
The same Obaseki who defeated CDA chairmen in Edo state and made buying lands and building houses simple as ABC?
The same Obaseki who learnt from his godfather, decided not to be anti people?
Even you yourself, as they say it, have no choice but to love Obaseki and campaign for him. You will vote for him irrespective of weather conditions on the day of election.
Obaseki will defeat Ize Iyamu despite Federal resources bro.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Frank0806(m): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2020
When u was collecting epic political money did u tell us..... OLE

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Indispensable85(m): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2020
You've not survived anything yet. You only bought a PDP ticket for some billions of naira. After the September 19 election, you can now start talking about survival. The battle is actually to make sure you don't return as governor and that's not determined yet until September 19.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2020
mamotalk:

your neutrality is doubtful
well that is the true status of me i a more concrn about my health predicarment
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Cantonese: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2020
kahal29:

This does not change the fact that he has joined the league of tax collectors.

What are taxes used to do?
1. Infrastructure development
2. Better heathcare system
3. Pay workers and pensioners
4. Build schools and give quality education
5. Social development
6. Make the lives of citizens better

If Obaseki has joined the tax collectors league, then expect a better Edo state between 2020 & 2024.

If the image of Ize Iyamu, damaged by Oshiomole has not been changed, then sorry bro, wahala dey.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2020
Oga shot up, it is the state money you use in enriching pdp and their aspirants that is why they agree to step down for you. Let me remind you the battle is not over, it just begin. Don't be surprised if you loose the election because APC are planning to use your state to compensate Oshiomole and his candidate. Stop running your mouth
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by FLYFIRE(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2020
APC -----DEAD

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Cantonese: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2020
spirul77:
I'm from edo and may I ask you on what basis do you want obaseki yo be re elected as our state Gov? Does he have any signatory project to boast of as the governor of one of the state with the highest federal govt allocation? Almost four years in edo now and dude hasn't done a thing but you still clamor for reinforcement, has he done better in governance than he predecessors ?

Edo state with one of the highest federal allocation? How? Dem thief am?

Please if you are from Edo state as you claim, how have you not seen projects executed by Obaseki?
So in four years he has been sitting down in his office with his hands folded?
What to your knowledge is the reason for Oshiomole's disagreement with him?

Don't provoke me today. If you do I will fly Edo airways to your house to use a very good Edo handkerchief to open your eyes.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Cantonese: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2020
DominusPrime:

But how can anyone prefer any choice when we all know that pdp and apc are thieves and corrupt? That's what baffles me.

Everywhere you go in the world you will find corruption in politics. Without sharp practices, all politicians, irrespective of country, cannot thrive.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Cantonese: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2020
Peacecoy19:
Obaseki has committed a big political SIN of denying lawfully elected assembly members to carry out their Mandates and the affected constitutuents had no representation.There can never be justification for this in democracy.Obaseki that committed this has been running everywhere looking for another mandate!.The way of GOD is that Obaseki cannot get another mandate again in this life, because he never trusted GOD,for those that put their trust in GOD will not so desperate as to be driven to great injustice against more than half the population of Edo state.

Abeg eh prophet (add your name), did God personally tell you that? No let me vex for you today.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Billygee2u: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2020
OVB123:
I am please with the way you were able to handle oshiomhole and his political machineries. May Almighty God grant u wisdom to be able to overcome them and come september 22 election, u will be returned to continue your good work. God blessed u, God blessed Edo state and blessed Nigeria IJN. Amen!
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2020
Cantonese:

Everywhere you go in the world you will find corruption in politics. Without sharp practices, all politicians, irrespective of country, cannot thrive.

Everybody knows that but when the corruption denies us of even something as basic as health while the thieves travel abroad for it then we must complain. My cousins in the US got laptops free from school to continue online classes even with their corruption.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Billygee2u: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2020
OVB123:
I am please with the way you were able to handle oshiomhole and his political machineries. May Almighty God grant u wisdom to be able to overcome them and come september 22 election, u will be returned to continue your good work. God blessed u, God blessed Edo state and blessed Nigeria IJN. Amen!
Now I vehemently believed that Edo is not Lagos.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by SenatorJnr02: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2020
Amen and Amen!!!

humblesifon:
Congratulations courageous,wise and favoured one.
Even Mr. Rice gave up his ambition for yours.
If you read to this point,men and women will step down for you to step up in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Cantonese: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2020
DominusPrime:

Everybody knows that but when the corruption denies us of even something as basic as health while the thieves travel abroad for it then we must complain. My cousins in the US got laptops free from school to continue online classes even with their corruption.

When Oshiomole introduced Obaseki to us, he said that he was presenting a technocrat. By that he meant that he had found a professional in politics and not a professional politician.

When you have professionals in politics, the society develops or gets better. Politicians win power and expect to use professionals to embezzle or stay in power.

That is not the same in the case of Obaseki. I believe he is a blessing to the great people of Edo state, with his prudent management of state resources.

We are to forget the party and support the individuals that will drive our society forward.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by AntiWailer: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2020
uniqueboi1:

You have been thinking for too long that your brain is overheating. Let me help you out, we are actually saying the same thing. Ambode should have at least fought like a man and lost, it would have been on record that he fought, he challenged the status quo. But we all know how the story went, even ministerial slot he did not see now he has gone back to asslicking his oppressors. Try to reason like a man, use your brain. It's not everything tinubu says that you guys would swallow. The way he jettisoned Ambode, one would think Ambode didn't perform as Governor. Have you compared Ambode's achievements to Sanwo-olu's Don't be a zombie, use your brain it doesn't hurt.

You typed so much but all full of crap.

Ambode never had any fighting chance. We are not saying the same thing.

Obaseki had state party chairman, ward chairman, house and LG chairman..

Ask Ur self how many does Ambode have on his side that u are screaming fight fight.

Learn to separate arguments and stop arguing like a low life.

This was not about Ambode performing or not, it is about his fighting chances compared to Obaseki.

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Zeezy81: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Will you get out of my mention you zombie grin you no face your failed life leave ipob and saraki to mind their business? Don't mention me again o.

Nor mind the mofo
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Evercurious(f): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2020
muykem:
What he is going to do with your respect? Where is Saraki you respected so much now? This is the biggest problem of IPOB, they place ego over substance.

Everyone mustn't be a coward like you.. Okay?
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Evercurious(f): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2020
AntiWailer:

Ambode does not have the support of his deputy and majority of the assembly were against him.

He would av been impeached if he attempted any thing. Once impeached , he won't be able to even contest and will lose every entitlement as a former Governor.

Ambode and Obaseki's case are not the same..

Ambode's deputy supported Sanwoolu and voted for him during primaries.

So before you people write try and think it won't hurt.

He would have atleast fought ..why not start the fight first and wait for what will follow.. If others decide not to join him, all well and good and if they do, its okay too. But let it be on record that ATLEAST HE FOUGHT ... Thats it
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2020
spirul77:
Make una no worry, when campaign starts proper; you'll tell us how Ize Iyamu is the better option for us Edolite. Edo people we both know are not sentimental people (so all the billion billion shout won't cut it) we go where our heart is (ask Oshiomole).
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Ten06(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2020
Don't rejoice yet you have not survive. The Edo election will look like Kogi election. Nigeria politicians are very desperate and dangerous
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2020
Cantonese:

When Oshiomole introduced Obaseki to us, he said that he was presenting a technocrat. By that he meant that he had found a professional in politics and not a professional politician.

When you have professionals in politics, the society develops or gets better. Politicians win power and expect to use professionals to embezzle or stay in power.

That is not the same in the case of Obaseki. I believe he is a blessing to the great people of Edo state, with his prudent management of state resources.

We are to forget the party and support the individuals that will drive our society forward.

Ok so you believe Obaseki is a saint right? Explain how he walks into a party he once condemned and is able to make 3 men who have planned for years to become governors, spending so much their resources in the process, suddenly drop their ambition for him. How and why did the pdp suddenly accept a man whom they have spent the last 3 years condemning as their candidate in less than a week.

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by AntiWailer: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2020
Evercurious:

He would have atleast fought ..why not start the fight first and wait for what will follow.. If others decide not to join him, all well and good and if they do, its okay too. But let it be on record that ATLEAST HE FOUGHT ... Thats it

You are not getting it right ?

He would be impeached. he can't fight when it was obvious he would be massacred. That is not being smart or brave , that is being stupid.

Even during War, there is a place of surrender when all the odds are against you.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Peacecoy19: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2020
Cantonese:

Abeg eh prophet (add your name), did God personally tell you that? No let me vex for you today.
Sentiment aside that is what Obaseki committed,so remember karma!
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2020
AntiWailer:

You typed so much but all full of crap.

Ambode never had any fighting chance. We are not saying the same thing.

Obaseki had state party chairman, ward chairman, house and LG chairman..

Ask Ur self how many does Ambode have on his side that u are screaming fight fight.

Learn to separate arguments and stop arguing like a low life.

This was not about Ambode performing or not, it is about his fighting chances compared to Obaseki.

That's why you are a grade 8. Yourself and ambode do not see any reason to challenge the status quo because you and your ilks are born cowards. Oshio brought Obaseki same way tinubu brought ambode so what are you saying Obaseki earned my respect if you no like am abeg find the closest transformer.
Isn't it funny that a typical "Lowlife" (you) can say another person is "arguing" like a lowlife
Use your brain.

Hausa/Fulani Youth Forum Protests Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (Video) / Lawyers Speak On Legality Of Saraki’s Defection / Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57