Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic (10830 Views)

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World / 'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

You're right, Equatorial Guinea is very much their neighbour. Gabon is bigger though to accomodate us and the most important thing, they are only 1.5 million. If only 3 million of us move, we'll be talking of a new home and country.

Obiagu1, we igbos do not need to go anywhere,., why should we go undecided

[size=15pt]who knows how the politics will change 2015 undecided

now the problem we have are the igbos in PDP[/size] what do you think brother
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

You're right, Equatorial Guinea is very much their neighbour. Gabon is bigger though to accomodate us and the most important thing, they are only 1.5 million. If only 3 million of us move, we'll be talking of a new home and country.

Well we need to spread the word. Africa can be an oyster for the Ndigbo. We just need to tell our brothers and sisters back in the "Old Country" about opportunities in other African nations.

Gabon would be a nice place to set up shop. I prefer if only Igbo men would travel to Gabon. The reason being is that we marry their women, and produce more Igbo people. That is the best way of taking control of a nation. By mixing with their inhabitants.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ezeuche brother, it is not about moving to Gabon or Cameroun

We igbos must form bonds with other groups in nigeria not just ijaws undecided

do you see were i am coming from brother undecided

We'll not entirely abandon Nigeria, we'll use it as a market for our products made in Gabon and maintain our roots here but we'll leave it as undeveloped as it is meant to be.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well we need to spread the word. Africa can be an oyster for the Ndigbo. We just need to tell our brothers and sisters back in the "Old Country" about opportunities in other African nations.

Gabon would be a nice place to set up shop. I prefer if only Igbo men would travel to Gabon. The reason being is that we marry their women, and produce more Igbo people. That is the best way of taking control of a nation. By mixing with their inhabitants.

You're right, when our kids are half Gabonese, they'll have no option but to accept us totally. Afterall, we'll be building a beautiful new country they'll enjoy too.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2011
Nonsense. Do I hear fellow Ndigbo sounding defeatist here? You guys should stop talking about Gabon and E.Guinea. Of all ethnic groups, we fought the most for independence. Nigeria belongs to us. We just need to get our political acts together. Ndigbo should never sound defeatist. I'll be the last Igboman standing on Nigerian soil, with my head held high, with my sparkling shield, armour and sword, with my fellow hardline belligerents, if you guys leave.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

You're right, when our kids are half Gabonese, they'll have no option but to accept us totally. Afterall, we'll be building a beautiful new country they'll enjoy too.

Agreed. We Igbos are very good at settling in different lands. And we are also good at producing more Igbos. The tricky part is for us to not allow our children to forget about their homeland.

We can make Gabon an Igbo paradise. If only more Igbos would listen to our expansion theory.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

Nonsense. Do I hear fellow Ndigbo sounding defeatist here? You guys should stop talking about Gabon and E.Guinea. Of all ethnic groups, we fought the most for independence. Nigeria belongs to us. We just need to get our political acts together. Ndigbo should never sound defeatist. I'll be the last Igboman standing on Nigerian soil, with my head held high, with my sparkling shield, armour and sword, with my fellow hardline belligerents, if you guys leave.

Nigeria belongs to all and yes even igbos

thank you brother
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

Keep shouting, you'll see yourself turn 100 yrs and nothing will change. Nigeria is doomed!

Like I said, East will remain our home and our root and we'll maintain our link to Nigeria but for business only and not for development.
We'll only build New Gabon as our home and country. All our development will be in Gabon and nothing in Nigeria.
All our industries will be relocated to Gabon.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

No, we are being realistic. Igboland too small for our inhabitants. We must continue to expand or else suffer grave consequences. We need "living space." The Igbo diaspora continues to grow daily, but with no purpose. Maybe we should look to greener pastures that are closer to home. Gabon would be the perfect area.

And I have always been eying Equatorial Guinea for some reason. That island of Bioko for some time. And it is much closer to Igboland.

You can continue to stay in Nigeria, but many of us want to create a nation of our own, in which we do not have to fear for our lives, because of our ethnicity.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2011
[b]Nigeria has over 150,000 of its citizens, which is about one-tenth of Gabonese 1.7m population, living in that country. [/b]They are mostly Igbo, Urhobo, Ilaje and Ijaw traders who dominate Gabonese commerce, and its fishing industry. According to Samuel Aiyedona, Nigeria's envoy to Gabon, the entrepreneurship of Urhobo, Ijaw and Ilaje fishermen alone contributes over 600,000 tons of fish to Gabon's fishing industry annually.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/the-day-nigerians-in-gabon-caused-a-stir-over-jonathan/
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

No, we are being realistic. Igboland too small for our inhabitants. We must continue to expand or else suffer grave consequences. We need "living space." The Igbo diaspora continues to grow daily, but with no purpose. Maybe we should look to greener pastures that are closer to home. Gabon would be the perfect area.

And I have always been eying Equatorial Guinea for some reason. That island of Bioko for some time. And it is much closer to Igboland.

You can continue to stay in Nigeria, but many of us want to create a nation of our own, in which we do not have to fear for our lives, because of our ethnicity.
and do you not think that the indigenes of gabon will start killing igbos since it is an invasion of there land undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

Keep shouting, you'll see yourself turn 100 yrs and nothing will change. Nigeria is doomed!

Like I said, East will remain our home and our root and we'll maintain our link to Nigeria but for business only and not for development.
We'll only build New Gabon as our home and country. All our development will be in Gabon and nothing in Nigeria.
All our industries will be relocated to Gabon.

And when you get to Gabon, it'll be a bed of roses isn't it? The Gabonese will see you not as a countryman but as a foreigner whilst in Nigeria, you're a citizen despite the purported political problems of Ndigbo. We simply need to reorganize ourselves politically within 9ja. Already, we dominate the economy. Politics should be a walk-over for us if we organize ourselves. WE ARE A POWERFUL FORCE AND OUR ENEMIES RECOGNIZE THIS. That's why our enemies are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS on us. Containing us has proved time and time again, to be difficult for them.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

[b]Nigeria has over 150,000 of its citizens, which is about one-tenth of Gabonese 1.7m population, living in that country. [/b]They are mostly Igbo, Urhobo, Ilaje and Ijaw traders who dominate Gabonese commerce, and its fishing industry. According to Samuel Aiyedona, Nigeria's envoy to Gabon, the entrepreneurship of Urhobo, Ijaw and Ilaje fishermen alone contributes over 600,000 tons of fish to Gabon's fishing industry annually.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/the-day-nigerians-in-gabon-caused-a-stir-over-jonathan/

We're already establishing a root there. So only 150,000 of us constitute 10%, when we move 1 million there, then we'll become part of them.

alj harem:

and do you not think that the indigenes of gabon will start killing igbos since it is an invasion of there land undecided

How can 1.5 million people defeat 3 million people and Igbo too?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

Contrary to what you believe, most Africans are not as barbaric as the ones you find in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

We're already establishing a root there. So only 150,000 of us constitute 10%, when we move 1 million there, then we'll become part of us.

How can 1.5 million people defeat 3 million people and Igbo too?

look brother, this is an invasion,.,.,., do you not see this
undecided
EzeUche_:

Contrary to what you believe, most Africans are not as barbaric as the ones you find in Northern Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

just like rwanda, ivory cote, niger, liberia, congo, sudan,.,., etc

just stop been ignorant here undecided
dem_people:

And when you get to Gabon, it'll be a bed of roses isn't it? The Gabonese will see you not as a countryman but as a foreigner whilst in Nigeria, you're a citizen despite the purported political problems of Ndigbo. We simply need to reorganize ourselves politically within 9ja. Already, we dominate the economy. Politics should be a walk-over for us if we organize ourselves. WE ARE A POWERFUL FORCE AND OUR ENEMIES RECOGNIZE THIS. That's why our enemies are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS on us. Containing us has proved time and time again, to be difficult for them.

gbamm well supported cool

but i do not know about the enemies you are talking about undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

We're close to 30 million people worldwide. If only 10% of us move, i.e. 3 million, it will not hurt us here in Nigeria and those guys will kick start the building of a new Igboland. It is now left for you to decide where to live, Nigeria or Gabon. For me, I'm seriously considering Gabon option.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

look brother, this is an invasion,.,.,., do you not see this

You might call it anything, but Igbos are not hostile people and will not go there to start trouble. Have we troubled you in Bornu?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

We're close to 30 million people worldwide. If only 10% of us move, i.e. 3 million, it will not hurt us here in Nigeria and those guys will kick start the building of a new Igboland. It is now left for you to decide where to live, Nigeria or Gabon. For me, I'm seriously considering this option.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm u people are funny
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm u people are funny

First of all, what concerns you with Igbo affairs? undecided Just hush your mouth as me and my fellow Igbo brethren brainstorm future endeavors. Maybe you will see the inner workings of how we Igbos think.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

First of all, what concerns you with Igbo affairs? undecided Just hush your mouth as me and my fellow Igbo brethren brainstorm future endeavors. Maybe you will see the inner workings of how we Igbos think.

because i am igbo as well undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

because i am igbo as well undecided

Ama nna gi chiekwa.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by favouredjb(f): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

That is starting to seem like the best thing I have heard in the while. Nigeria is no country for the Igbo. Time for a mass exodus. I will help as many Igbo migrate from our homeland which is conquered territory.

No wonder the Igbo diaspora is growing larger each day.

you ll help them from where,diaspora?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

Ama nna gi chiekwa.

what does it mean i am not that good in igbo language, remember brother i am still learning smiley
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2011
favouredjb:

you ll help them from where,diaspora?

Fool, I live in Nigeria. I am only studying at a university in the U.S.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by favouredjb(f): 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
oponu ayirada,omo komo,do u av to call me a fool,when i asked just a simple question?

you sound very bitter,oniranu
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2011
Our leaders have sold out. We have few on this thread, exactly like our so called leaders, that couldn't see the big picture and keep telling us it doesn't matter. All will be fine if we support GEJ blah blah blah.

The same type of people that will still lead us down the ladder in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Now we are 4th, next 5th, 6th and finally insignificant.

Those that'll pretend they didn't hear when the Ijaws were openly campaigning against SE presidency after a northerner way back in 2005/2006 before Yar'dua and GEJ were even picked. (This is not about Odili because Odili, a southerner, could not have been a president in 2007). Now the same s.tupid people are telling us it the same thing, we are all Easterners but SE were not Easterners then when they were campaigning against us.

I can't be such a leader, I'd rather be Edwin Clark type of leader than be a leader that'll lead his people to oblivion.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
They keep telling us it doesn't matter and we have no city comparable to Kaduna, Kano, Abuja, or Lagos.
We have no single refinery.
When it comes to Onitsha bridge, they want us Igbos to use our money to build it.
We have no single multi national company in the East, if not for the guy that brought Nigerian breweries to Enugu, we'd still have nothing.
Erosion is devastating our lands and roads.
They want us to tar our roads because individually, we have the money they say.
We have the poorest infrastructure in the whole country.

And it doesn't matter, Presidency is just for bragging right.  angry

Give me the presidency so that I'll brag too when I have Kano in the SE or Lagos in the SE.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by kettykin: 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2011
Instead of invading ur freindly country Gabon that haboured a lot of biafran refugees there by creating enemies among other francophone biafran friendly countries , it will be better to ask gabon for a state to be created for ibos in gabon (Biafran state) with full access to the sea where ibos can expand without limits and have a navy , army and mordern airforce with nuclear capabilities that will defend ibos in the south east nigeria.

Ibos can now establish diplomatic relationship with isreal and other friendly states from the biafran state in Gabon and possibly have a head of state which was denied them in nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
kettykin:

Instead of invading your freindly country Gabon that haboured a lot of biafran refugees there by creating enemies among other francophone biafran friendly countries , it will be better to ask gabon for a state to be created for ibos in gabon (Biafran state) with full access to the sea where ibos can expand without limits and have a navy , army and mordern airforce with nuclear capabilities that will defend ibos in the south east nigeria.

Ibos can now establish diplomatic relationship with isreal and other friendly states from the biafran state in Gabon and possibly have a head of state which was denied them in nigeria.

Comprehension is obviously Nigerians problem that's why they keep failing common WAEC in large numbers.
Who said invasion
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Obiagu1 and EzeUche,

I must say that you guys have completely lost your marbles. grin undecided

How can you, in your right senses, believe that Ijaw of about 8 million people could supplant Ndigbo of about 35 million people in a highly tribalistic Nigeria?

If it ever boils down to we vs Ijaw, do you really believe that they stand a chance? REALLY?
Why must it be Ijaws fault that Obasanjo chose Jonathan instead of Odili, when I remember clearly that Ndigbo rejected VP position?

So, suddenly, because Jonathan would rule Nigeria for 4 years or 8 years, Ndigbo are finished politically?
What about afterwords? What happens then?

Believe me, these characters you are exhibiting are why some minorities are scared of majorities.

Suddenly, you are concluding that Ndigbo must now move en-masse out of Nigeria to Gabon. lmao. grin grin grin

Anyway, I like the part about establishing Igbo presence in nearby African countries because we might need it when we deal with Nigeria, though the idea sounds so much like Becomerich. . .hehehe! grin grin

I ain't leaving Igboland for nobody. In fact I am warming up to capturing more Nigeria territories when another war comes. cool cool
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by kcjazz(m): 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2011
Relocate to Gabon? How do people come up with ideas like this in this century? smh
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^^^^^

it is very surprising brother grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism / Tension At APC Headquarters, As CECPC Inaugurates State Chairmen / Women In Finland Protested Against Men Marrying Only One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.