Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic (10832 Views)

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World / 'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

#5. Never give a exact number of states.It is better to ask for the equal amount as every other region. If all have 6 already and you all are given one more,which is likely to happen, you will still be marginalized.All will have 7 or 8 while you just have 6.

#6.Its better the oil stays untapped,"Onye ma echi".

#8. We showed ourselves to be resilient and we were able to elevate ourselves from the ashes to once again be the most wealthiest tribe in nigeria.Our ethnic story of From rags to riches is embedded in the history books.

cool

On #5. In my post, I said, "Creation of a 6th state for the SE [b]to level with other zones [/b]in the federation. This means that whatever number of states in other zones will be reciprocated in the SE.

On #6. Anyi amago ife ga-eme echi. Nigeria enweghi isi n'odu. If its left like that, we're not better off as a state because our allocation is low. If its explored, benefit would surely come our way in terms of funds. Already, there's a private refinery springing up there.

On #8. Eventhough we showed ourselves to be resilient and turned out to be once again successful and all that, we still need that compensation. It wouldn't alter any historical knowledge of the successful and enterprising nature of Ndigbo. [size=4pt](The jews have been well compensated for the holocaust despite their similarity with Ndigbo). [/size]
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by asha80(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

On #5. In my post, I said, "Creation of a 6th state for the SE to level with other zones [/b]in the federation. This means that whatever number of states in other zones will be reciprocated in the SE.

On #6. Anyi amago ife ga-eme echi. Nigeria enweghi isi n'odu. If its left like that, we're not better off as a state because our allocation is low. If its explored, benefit would surely come our way in terms of funds.[b] Already, there's a private refinery springing up there.

On #8. Eventhough we showed ourselves to be resilient and turned out to be once again successful and all that, we still need that compensation. It wouldn't alter any historical knowledge of the enterprising nature of Ndigbo.  

i thought it has been haulted or work stopped?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2011
There was no way on earth Odili (a southerner) could have succeeded Obasanjo (a southerner). Too much pressure from Northerners (OBJ's bosses). OBJ can't be blamed for scuttling Odili's chances. Anyways, Odili and Obasanjo are good friends, so what does that tell one?

And Edwin Clark did meet with Northern political leaders prior to Jonathan being picked as VP. I can't find the article and link now, but somebody already posted it a while back in another thread.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2011
There was NEVER a competition between Igbo and Ijaw for the VP position in 2007.

Peter Odili wasn't even gunning for VP. He was gunning for president. It all began and ended with Obasanjo and some Northern power brokers. Odili was the front runner to succeed Obasanjo until few days to the PDP presidential primary when Obasanjo did a volte-face and chose Yar adua instead.

The forces that chose Jonathan for VP position over any other southerner had their own agenda, and Ijaw had NOTHING to do with it, unless if you believe that MEND forced them.

Unfortunately for them, their plan is backfiring because Jonathan realizes that he cannot rule Nigeria without solid Igbo backing, and he set out to free himself by firing the army chief and reorganizing the military in ways they never expected. Now they are running around like headless chicken.

This story is part of a desperate scheme to incite the Igbo against their minority neighbors.

Make no mistake about it, the main "boogieman" in Nigeria is the Igbo. NEVER FORGET THAT. cool cool

I will repeat it again: There is no competition between Ndigbo and any of the minority groups in Eastern and southern Nigeria.

NONE WHATSOEVER.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

i thought it has been haulted or work stopped?

I think its still ongoing. I  (about last 2 weeks) read an article online which mentioned the state govt.'s investment of some billions there recently. I've been searching for the article online now but can't find it. Will post it if I do. Meanwhile, just found this:

http://issuu.com/henleymedia/docs/invest-in-anambra-state
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2011
To further prove my point, just watch. The more Ndigbo pledge their support for Jonathan, the more these types of stories will hit the media.

But thank God that our current leaders are smart enough to give the president MAXIMUM SUPPORT.

Nigeria is a monster that I have taken time to study well.

It is quite easy to gain the upper hand if you understand this game.

Just don't make the move your enemy expects.

I was so happy to see Peter Obi and his SS counterparts meeting with the North Central today.

GOOD MOVE.  cool
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Chyz2: 8:59am On Jan 30, 2011
dem_people:

On #5. In my post, I said, "Creation of a 6th state for the SE [b]to level with other zones [/b]in the federation. This means that whatever number of states in other zones will be reciprocated in the SE.

On #6. Anyi amago ife ga-eme echi. Nigeria enweghi isi n'odu. If its left like that, we're not better off as a state because our allocation is low. If its explored, benefit would surely come our way in terms of funds. Already, there's a private refinery springing up there.

On #8. Eventhough we showed ourselves to be resilient and turned out to be once again successful and all that, we still need that compensation. It wouldn't alter any historical knowledge of the successful and enterprising nature of Ndigbo. [size=4pt](The jews have been well compensated for the holocaust despite their similarity with Ndigbo). [/size]

#5.True word.

#6.  The equal amount of state can take care of that.We loves billions, i heard trillions,to other regions due to our only having 5 states.

#7. The Jews got reparations in the U.S., which the holocaust never happened at not in germany. We Biafrans got a market area name Biafra in Cameroun,so I've heard, due to Camerouns appreciation for the Igbos in their country and the salute to our hard struggle that we put up in the civil war. But I definitely feel you bro.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2011
SE/ SS meets NC today.

Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Abagworo(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2011
Onlytruth:

There was NEVER a competition between Igbo and Ijaw for the VP position in 2007.

Peter Odili wasn't even gunning for VP. He was gunning for president. It all began and ended with Obasanjo and some Northern power brokers. Odili was the front runner to succeed Obasanjo until few days to the PDP presidential primary when Obasanjo did a volte-face and chose Yar adua instead.

The forces that chose Jonathan for VP position over any other southerner had their own agenda, and Ijaw had NOTHING to do with it, unless if you believe that MEND forced them.

Unfortunately for them, their plan is backfiring because Jonathan realizes that he cannot rule Nigeria without solid Igbo backing, and he set out to free himself by firing the army chief and reorganizing the military in ways they never expected. Now they are running around like headless chicken.

This story is part of a desperate scheme to incite the Igbo against their minority neighbors.

Make no mistake about it, the main "boogieman" in Nigeria is the Igbo. NEVER FORGET THAT. cool cool

I will repeat it again: There is no competition between Ndigbo and any of the minority groups in Eastern and southern Nigeria.

NONE WHATSOEVER.

You might have been in primary school as at 2006.Now read this link

http://nigerianpolity..com/2006/12/yar-adua-picks-jonathan-to-pacify-niger_18.html
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2011
I decided to post the entire article referenced in abagworo's link above:

[size=16pt]Yar Adua Picks Jonathan to Pacify Niger Delta[/size]

The reason adduced to the surprise selection of the Bayelsa State Governor, Dr Goodluck Jonathan as running mate to the PDP presidential candidate is to pacify the Niger Delta folk, who have been contending issues ranging from resource control to environmental degradation. The echelon of the PDP figures that its chances of winning the 2007 presidential elections would only be improved with an Ijaw native on the presidential ticket as VP. The Ijaw, reputed to be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria have been in the forefront of the contentious, often violent, issues of resource control and environmental degradation.

Only two weeks ago, leaders of the notorious Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) had lent their support to Buba Marwa, former military governor of Lagos state in his bid for the PDP presidential ticket. At the time, Jonathan was not on the radar for consideration in the presidential race and so was a non-issue. Now that he has been picked by Yar Adua, and Marwa has lost the PDP presidential ticket, it is unsure how MEND and indeed the entire Niger Delta will take it. Speculations had been rife of Cross River state governor, Donald Duke or his Rivers state counterpart, Peter Odili winning the VP slot after the PDP convention last Saturday, alas both contenders were disappointed.

It is understandable that Odili did not get the nomination, given the ongoing investigation into allegations of financial impropriety leveled against his government. Duke, on the other hand has been hailed severally as Mr. Clean and for various accomplishments of his government. This leads to the question of whether Jonathan is not being rewarded for the insurgencies playing out in the Niger Delta mainly by the Ijaw? (Never mind that his wife is under investigation by the EFCC for money laundering, a story for another forum) If this is the case, then it is a dangerous precedent that might encourage other aggrieved ethnic groups to take up arms to further their causes.

If one thinks about it, perhaps this precedent had already earlier been set long before the Obasanjo regime came into power. It was the Yorubas who were most vociferous about the lost mandate of June 12, 1993 denying Abiola, a Yoruba native from ascension to the presidency by the military juntas of Babangida and Abacha. With the auspicious demise of the evil Abacha and Abiola in 1998, pundits agree that the Obasanjo candidacy was a consensus to pacify the Yorubas for the lost mandate of Abiola. If this is the case then we might soon see a resurgence of the Biafra movement of the Igbos over the next few years should they not produce the president (an extremely high improbability) come 2007. Igbo jingoists like Ojukwu, Kalu, Uwazurike and Nzeribe should be watched.

The remaining 200-plus odd minority ethnic groups can only watch this ethnocentric regional politics play out as they decipher with which of the major ethnic groups to pitch their tents to maximize their benefits. The challenge for the new president after May 27, 2007 will be how to manage this rambunctious, party-pied, ethnocentric polity for order while maintaining a fair balance of justice and equity for the various interest groups that make up the complexity that is Nigeria.

http://nigerianpolity..com/2006/12/yar-adua-picks-jonathan-to-pacify-niger_18.html
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2011
Can someone please show me where the Igbo was competing with Ijaw in the article, and later "defeated the Igbo".

It is really unfortunate that people are fretting over something that never existed.

Even until this year, Ndigbo reject the VP position.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2011
Even MEND did not support Jonathan in 2006.

MEND supported Buba Marwa.

So how could Ijaw have defeated the Igbo by installing Jonathan?

Some of my Igbo brothers should just stop commenting on our affairs.

They frankly sound like our enemies.  cry cry cry
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Abagworo(m): 9:28am On Jan 30, 2011
Just google it and read every other article related to that Clarke vs Odili war and the reason for the war.You seem to have forgotten when Clarke openly declared that Odili cannot take the South-south slot on the grounds that Odili is an Igbo.

personality to be an effective number two man to a governor colleague.  Although Obasanjo was said to have maintained his grounds that Odili  should be the vice presidential running mate, citing the need to calm the Niger Delta militants, among other issues. But the governors were said  to have maintained that the militants wrecking havoc in the Niger Delta  are Ijaws and if they must be pacified, then one of them should take the  vice presidential slot. Another issue said to have worked against Odili  was his alleged political maltreatment of Rufus George, former Rivers  State governor who had appointed him (Odili) deputy. The contention  was that if he did not treat his former boss well, why should anyone then be comfortable around him. When Yar'Adua, rather than announce Odili' s name said consultations were still on, supporters of the Rivers  governor knew the game was over. At this point, Jonathan's name was  said to have featured on the cards alongside that of Maj. Gen. Owoeye  Azazi, the chief of Defence Staff and another Ijaw man who they argued,  could be compelled to resign his commission to seek the number two  job.

http://www.sudanvisiondaily.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=17023
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ikenwan: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2011
Ndigbo in the Fourth Republic should not worry about attaining the presidency. We should worry more about building up the economies of the South, creating more jobs for youths, increasing medical access, and all around amending the Quality of Life issues faced by our kin. I despise this mindless and self-serving search for more titles as if claiming that will change anything. A fool who becomes president does not stop being a fool; one more title won't matter one bit, so what's the point of agitating so angrily for the Presidency and making it a matter of pride? Taking care of the internal problems our people face today should be a matter of pride: taking care of the corruption, taking care of education, the security issues, lowering mortality rates, etc. That list goes on. Build up your home first.

What I am not saying is that we should abandon politics, but what I am saying is that we should expand our field of vision, because the current perspective is way too narrow for my liking. Our people have traditionally had a saying: "Igbo enweghi Eze" a testament to the self-determinant nature of our ancestors. Maybe it's time that some among us realize what that fully means.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2011
This article posted by @Abagworo: http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/20090316_nigerias_mend_different_militant_movement

Eyeopening. Thanks a lot for posting it.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

Just google it and read every other article related to that Clarke vs Odili war and the reason for the war.You seem to have forgotten when Clarke openly declared that Odili cannot take the South-south slot on the grounds that Odili is an Igbo.

personality to be an effective number two man to a governor colleague.  Although Obasanjo was said to have maintained his grounds that Odili  should be the vice presidential running mate, citing the need to calm the Niger Delta militants, among other issues. But the governors were said  to have maintained that the militants wrecking havoc in the Niger Delta  are Ijaws and if they must be pacified, then one of them should take the  vice presidential slot. Another issue said to have worked against Odili  was his alleged political maltreatment of Rufus George, former Rivers  State governor who had appointed him (Odili) deputy. The contention  was that if he did not treat his former boss well, why should anyone then be comfortable around him. When Yar'Adua, rather than announce Odili' s name said consultations were still on, supporters of the Rivers  governor knew the game was over. At this point, Jonathan's name was  said to have featured on the cards alongside that of Maj. Gen. Owoeye  Azazi, the chief of Defence Staff and another Ijaw man who they argued,  could be compelled to resign his commission to seek the number two  job.

http://www.sudanvisiondaily.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=17023

I'm still looking for that scene where the Igbo competed with Ijaw for VP position.

How can some folks decide to pacify the Ijaw (and they never envisaged Jonathan could be president one day undecided), and suddenly it means Igbo "was defeated"?   Dude, like huh? undecided
Frankly I can't believe that an Igbo person would reason this way.  

Ndigbo never asked for the VP position in the first place in 2006/7. How can you lose what you never asked for?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Ibime(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2011
@ Abagworo,

Who cares about Odili? If Clark defeated Odili, ALL THE BETTER FOR ALL OF US!

According to one journalist, Odili wins elections (98% vote) in Rivers State with margins that will make Saddam Hussein blush.

Thank God the murderer and psychotic mega-thief
called Odili has been sidelined on the National stage. Someone who can't even visit his home state.

I can't point to a single upright Ijaw or Igbo politician (Amaechi is performing, but far from upright) in the PDP, so I don't know why y'all nuccas care which thief is picked to represent you at National level.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2011
I'm only setting the records straight because dubious elements are about stoking fires of hate between neighbors hoping to move in for the kill when the fires start burning.

Any Igbo who was suckled properly by his mother would easily see these silly plots and side step them.

The president will always enjoy my support.  cool cool cool

He may be a thief, but hey the rest of them are! cool

The day Nigeria decides to start electing upright people, I will change.

Ubochi isi ka akpuo afu onu ( we shave the beard on the day appointed for shaving the head as well).  cool
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 9:52am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^

Supported. To summarise it all, what I'm sure of is the massive economic opportunities coming towards the East.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2011
I've done my research.
Igbos should start migrating to Gabon and set up Igbo clans there. Gabon seems bigger than Eastern Nigeria and they only have 1.5 million population.

Let us all start migrating there and set up a country we can call home.
We are a conquered people and our land is occupied by Nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by kettykin: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2011
The author of that document is a well known ibo hater ( simon kolawale) just like his guardian counterpart (agbati) .

If GEJ was an ibo man , the writer would have been writing about biafra and the implication of voting an ibo.

The ibos should go the whole hog of supporting GEJ even if it means becoming 4th class citizens .
In due time the ijaws will reciprocate , the ijaws don't back stab and renege on agreements like hausas and yorubas .

The support for GEJ will reunify the former east , the bedrock of west african economy.
Ibo businesse stand to gain a lot from this.
It is better to preside over a virile business than to preside over a sick and dying country.

Ohaneze that has put ibos into another 40 years in the political wilderness of nigeria might have seen what othe ibos don't see.

GEj might possibly be an ibo man from unconfirmed info.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by yiboboy: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

I've done my research.
Igbos should start migrating to Gabon and set up Igbo clans there. Gabon seems bigger than Eastern Nigeria and they only have 1.5 million population.

We shall not let u go! cheesy U don't want us to have serfs, ehn? angry cheesy tongue

@ topic: Ibos are their own worst enemies. . . . QED
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Barkono: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2011
@onlytruth:
The Ndigbos have lost out. I have also commented on a similar thread posted by jason 123, some months back. The fact that gej is supporting only his native ijaw is real. Name me one key ministry in gej's cabinet that has Ndigbo, apart from health (rubbish). All the key ministries/parastatals are purely ijaws. Even the recent appointment of SA's is lopsided. The key man of that appointment, is Mr. Kingsley Kuku, SA, amnesty. What in the name, is Bianca Ojukwu's SA diaspora? I wan cry. The "non-Ndigbos", have nothing to do with this. Mr. Simon Kolawole, a yoruba, and the yorubas, have had a fair share of administering Nigeria. You can hype whatever you want to hype for yourself to make you feel good, but the truth is plain.
Like jason123, said, "good morning" Ndigbo.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2011
Barkono:

@onlytruth:
The Ndigbos have lost out. I have also commented on a similar thread posted by jason 123, some months back. The fact that gej is supporting only his native ijaw is real. Name me one key ministry in gej's cabinet that has Ndigbo, apart from health (rubbish). All the key ministries/parastatals are purely ijaws. Even the recent appointment of SA's is lopsided. The key man of that appointment, is Mr. Kingsley Kuku, SA, amnesty. What in the name, is Bianca Ojukwu's SA diaspora? I wan cry. The "non-Ndigbos", have nothing to do with this. Mr. Simon Kolawole, a yoruba, and the yorubas, have had a fair share of administering Nigeria. You can hype whatever you want to hype for yourself to make you feel good, but the truth is plain.
Like jason123, said, "good morning" Ndigbo.

[size=18pt]thank you[/size]
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
they keep insulting jason123, eku bear and Abagworo

now see how God take do am na

there is an igbo proverb that says "A child who does not listen to his elders is bound to fail"

When jason and Obiagu1 were tell them about ijaw presidency and how the igbos will be losing out this same Beaf was running his mouth like tap were no get off,,.,.,.,. now see how him be na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i pity my igbo people

well, i will give them 1 advice,.,. that is "they should try to hold the economic power of the nation" that is the reality

military (infirmary) goes to the north

airforce goes to the yorubas

navy goes to ijaw, northerners and igbo

media goes to the yorubas and ijaws(SS)

banking goes to the yorubas and igbos

communication goes to the yorubas

large scale companies goes to the yorubas and northerners

politics goes to the northerner, yorubas, ijaws

small scale companies goes to but the yorubas and igbos sad sad sad sad sad

NOW CAN YOU SEE HOW THE COUNTRY IS STRUCTURED sad angry angry angry angry MAJORITY OF THE SECTORS IN NIGERIA ARE IN THE YORUBA/EDO HANDS

FOLLOWED BY NORTHERNERS THEN IJAWS AND OTHER MINORITIES

CAN YOU SEE THAT IGBOS ARE LEFT OUT OF THE GRANT SCHEME OF THINGS

I PITY NDIGBO cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by kettykin: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2011
Inasmuch as ibos need to go back to the drawing table , I would highlight 1 or 2 things here ,

The airforce and navy that is being controlled by hausa and yoruba , how many airworthy fighter plane and ships do they have.

The same navy that couldn't stop bunkering , infact nigeria has no military .

The banking industry is mainly controlled by delta ibos followed by yorubas.
They own 2 out of the 4 major banks
(First , zenith, UBA, GTB
As for communication the largest and most profitable telco mtn has an ibo as chairman and ibos own other telcos.
I think telco is controlled by foreigners followed by yorubas and ibos
Nigerias media is controlled by niger delta , edo delta ,

Nollywood is controlled by ibos.

Retail, imports and wholesaling is controlled by majorly ibos .

Where ibos seems to have lost it is politics because of the very few number of states , that anomaly has to be corrected before any progress.

The future of nigeria can not be determined solely by 1 zone it will take a collective effort of at least 4 zones to steer the country.

The seem to have made it by having the national human capital ( producing the largest number of graduates)

SME. The backbone of any economy is controlled by ibos of southeast

There is no large scale business , unless you mean fuel importers , sugar , flour , rice importers which is basically controlled by dangote .

The niger delta ranks highest in human development index followed by ibos then yoruba and the north.

Ibos are now a political minority but a major economic block , however what happens to the acclaimed rise of the ijaws when GEJ handsover in 2019 .
Hint ; the same thing that happened to Gowons tribe the angas after he left power , infact the plateaus aren't just a minority , they are now going extinct.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by jason123: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2011
This would be my last analysis on this topic. Although, we all have to agree that presidency is simply for bragging right and has no implication whatsoever but I want to address an issue brought up by Onlytruth, alex and Kettykin. You guys, please do not be offended.

First of all, three of you are extremely[b] politically[/b] naive to sat the very least. If you noticed, I emphasised on the politically. Let me start by say these, " in politics there are no permanent friends only permanent interest" and "the wise are caught in their own craftiness". The reasons I said this is because I get a sense that you (three of you) all think your "enemies" (as Onlytruth says all the time) are out to get you (like they have nothing better to do) and that their aim is to separate the Old eastern Nigeria, right? To balkanise you all, right? Well, I have got news for you.
It is quite glaring that you use sentiments when you give your support which is the beginning of the end. Who ever said the igbos and the S-S cannot be partners? Was it your enemies or Clark? Do you not see that most groups are capitalising on your political insecurities and naivety? Can you not see that friendship is temporary in politics and interest is permanent? What I mean by that is, as long as you are cool with GJ, they are cool with you. But once you have a burst up with one of their own, the friendship ends there.

Secondly, I emphasised on the political aspect because aside politics, there is a connection between the SS and the East infact I would say the connection goes as far as to the SW, "MW" and NC naturally. I want to use this opportunity to thank the igbo governors for stretching their arms to the NC (I already told you, onlytruth, this about 2 months ago to form bonds not just impulse electoral bond as the "Azikwe" name proves to be but as usual, in your air of arrogance, you said the Ndigbo does not need it bhal,bhal)

Finally, I would say no matter who becomes the president, please just do well and be unbiased. May God be with Nigeria and her people. Amen!
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
NDIGBO are a force to be reckoned with in Nigeria. Like it or not. Yes, politically, our house isn't in order but in every other sector, if we don't dominate in that sector, we constitute a majority in it. There's no way we would be irrelevant in 9ja. That kind of yarns shouldn't even come up.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by revolt(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2011
Who said Jonathan is ijaw! Well whatever. When ohanaeze my foot was supporting gej I laughed cos I knew that was political suicide. Well they had no option an incumbent is iipossible to unseat
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by EzeUche2(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

I've done my research.

I also heard the women are beautiful in Gabon. Maybe Gabon can be made into "living space" for  Igbos as well. I have also been eying Equatorial Guinea as well.

We should send an expedition of Aro settlers. Since we are used to settling in far off lands. We have Aro settlements in Cameroon that are over 100 years old.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

I also heard the women are beautiful in Gabon. Maybe Gabon can be made into "living space" for  Igbos as well. I have also been eying Equatorial Guinea as well.

We should send an expedition of Aro settlers. Since we are used to settling in far off lands. We have Aro settlements in Cameroon that are over 100 years old.

You're right, Equatorial Guinea is very much their neighbour. Gabon is bigger though to accomodate us and the most important thing, they are only 1.5 million. If only 3 million of us move there, we'll be talking of a new home and country.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ezeuche brother, it is not about moving to Gabon or Cameroun

We igbos must form bonds with other groups in nigeria not just ijaws undecided

do you see were i am coming from brother undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency / Okorocha To Present The "Ikoro" Igbo Newspaper, March 15 / Petrol Price Hike, Water Resources Bills Test Senate’s Representation Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.