Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (42829 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Doyouhavehoil: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ogaonos:
most pple leave their parent house because of relationship/hangout freedom mostly.staying in Ur parent house good in our harsh economic society.one u save money to establish ursef.

U v said it all my friend
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Akhigbeblog(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
chatinent:

You live a comfortable life doesn't imply sb else's life is a lie.
Yeah true, I'm very sorry cry
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by richiepolymer(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
Well......I beg to differ on this subject.

Somehow, humans don't tend to improve on their efforts if they find a comfort zone.
If you remain under your parents, they will co tell your life and make decisions for you. Of course they are wiser and more experienced than you. They will use this to achieve their domination and manipulate you at will. The sad part is that you will loose your free will and personality. You can never be totally responsible while under your parents roof. So long they are footing most of the bills you can never make progress as a man.
If you leave to stay under the bridge, believe me, you will turn out a better person if you are focused and determined. First reality will hit you knowing nobody will provide your next meal for you. Any job that comes your way you will gladly take just to make ends meet. Your life will start to have a sense of direction and purpose. At his point you will start to discover yourself, your strengths, your weakness and what you need to do to survive.
I left my parents house without a job. My parents were very well comfortable and their pension could feed a family of 5 comfortably. I discovered I wasn't making any progress with my life while remaining under their roof. I wasn't lacking anything under them. I learnt a spiritual lesson and I decided to give it a try. As soon as I left their house, I used borrowed money to rent an apartment (imagine the risk), I told my God to prove me right or wrong that being independent is gainful and is progressive. After 5 months, I miraculously got a job that paid very well. I was so shocked what I was missing all these years. This is no Nollywood! This is experience, true life experience. I began to understand how I have been manipulated and controlled all the while. Today, I am the head of my home, the driver of the destiny of my life.
I won't lie to you, it is better to leave your parents house and suffer to gain your respect and dignity than to bask in the comfort of your parent's house.

Think about it.
When you're responsible spiritually, the heavens will move for your cause. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jnoz23(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jman24:

It doesn't matter . You can be practical wherever you are. You can decide to be useful to yourself even in your father's house.
experience is my best teacher, you can believe whatever u like
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

Yeah true, I'm very sorry cry
It's all right. My epistle is true. I strive to get daily bread. That's my nature.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:

you're just one attention seeker and a mushin street hustler wannabe

you graduated from the street in Mushin and you no still get sense? SĂ© na Aba or na Awka you won go to get sense now?

no brain, no instinct. abeg stick with your toys

Guy your village people strong gan o, dem just dey use you constitute nuisance. I'll continue praying for you while I'm counting my dollars....Look me up if you're ever in Atlanta, I might be able to educate you some more....PEACE!
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by DaInferno(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
chatinent:

Read my post again. The eyes wasn't designed to search only mistakes in people. Have a nice century.
this is evidence that you can be harsh and still make it... ontop simple question see para!?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

Guy your village people strong gan o, dem just dey use you constitute nuisance. I'll continue praying for you while I'm counting my dollars....Look me up if you're ever in Atlanta, I might be able to educate you some more.....PEACE!

mushin street hustler chest beating to suit his ignorance, I doubt if you're Yoruba because we no dey chest beat

that your bolded phrase, what point at you trying to passed out exactly because the grammar is weak me

you obviously have nothing to say, I'll just leave you to swim on your foolishness
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:

mushin street hustler chest beating to suit his ignorance, I doubt if you're Yoruba because we no dey chest beat

that your bolded phrase, what point at you trying to passed out exactly because the grammar is weak me

you obviously have nothing to say, I'll just leave you to swim on your foolishness

English is simple, comprehension on the other hand is very hard! Educate yourself my man and stop this foolery grin grin grin
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
DaInferno:
this is evidence that you can be harsh and still make it... ontop simple question see para!?
It depends on what you consider as harsh. Read the conversation from beginning again.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by sunmarouk(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:
Most of you in support of Op are just looking for a way to give yourself excuse. Even if you are calling popsi and momsi for money from time to time, move out. Hustle for yourself. You will learn more from not being in your comfort zone. I know you are scared that things may not turn out well, still move out. Get a place of your own. You will learn financial and life experience that you wouldn't get receiving 200 naira everyday from papa.

what's there to learn. why are you guyz rejoicing in suffering. it doesn't matter how someone got the money, the most important thing is, he has money. Learn the life all you want, you will all still meet in same market, same bank, only difference would be, wrinkles on the huzzlers face & still not be successful as the other person
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ArticleBeast: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
sunmarouk:

what's there to learn. why are you guyz rejoicing in suffering. it doesn't matter how someone got the money, the most important thing is, he has money. Learn the life all you want, you will all still meet in same market, same bank, only difference would be, wrinkles on the huzzlers face & still not be successful as the other person
Ok
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by sunmarouk(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:

But you are pushing and surviving

yes ooo, by his grace, I am. doing little business here and there to put food on the table, but definitely not enough to pay my coming house rent.

I just wished I had a free accommodation/house, so I will only worry about my stomach, marry and continue my life.

Can't be huzzling my life away na, gat to settle down at some good age, not when I reach 40yrs
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by vickydevoka(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
eedimo:
I'm the most confused here.
If I don't live b4 I turned 30, my life would be messed up.
I'm a foreigner in my father's house.
I turned 300 in my fathers house, buh de problem is dat I'm too comfortable I found an apartment to pay my parents started begging me , de reported me toy brother. Buh dis January I must leave whether de want it or not
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by vickydevoka(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
eedimo:
I'm the most confused here.
If I don't live b4 I turned 30, my life would be messed up.
I'm a foreigner in my father's house.
I turned 300 in my fathers house, buh de problem is dat I'm too comfortable with them, I found an apartment to pay buh my parents started begging me to stay , de reported me elder brother. Buh dis January I must leave whether de want it or not.
Buh y it's lyk dat is bcuz I help Dem in dere business alot

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

English is simple, comprehension on the other hand is very hard! Educate yourself my man and stop this foolery grin grin grin

irony of life, only you claimed to be mushin warlord now you don reach Atlanta, the foool too like better thing

your family enter airport before? unlike me I don't need to be bragging here, you're even too low to be bragging with.

go and play with your toys and hide your foolishnesss out of here
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:

irony of life, only you claimed to be mushin warlord now you don reach Atlanta, the foool too like better thing

your family enter airport before? unlike me I don't need to be bragging here, you're even too low to be bragging with.

go and play with your toys and hide your foolishnesss out of here

It's called experience, lil boy! grin grin From 2002-2007, I rugged pass you, From idi-oro to bariga I belonged to the streets, don't worry tho feel free to look into my profile, I'm sure you'll pick up a few life lessons along the way grin grin grin

It's not called bragging if you can back it up, you really need to stop talking now because your profile already revealed you're just another hungry nigga with big mouth, you can continue arguing with your landlord to have mercy on your poverty stricken life grin grin grin

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by QueTeddy: 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
Julius209:
Truth be told,I left home at the age of 19-year-old immediately I finished my secondary school. I was born in a remote village in Oyo state and my parent parted ways just when I was 2-year-old owned to the fact that my dad was a christian while my mum was a Muslim.i was brought up by my granny .My dad is a drunkard who doesn't care about children so immediately I finished my secondary school I left the village unceremoniously for Lagos .On getting to Lagos,I started riding okada and was sleeping inside a shop with my fellow okada boys thou we paid the show owner every week as we all know that there's no free thing in Lagos but due to the passion I have for academic and owing to the fact there is no a single graduate in my family, I decided to further my education so fastforward to 2016 I obtained jamb form and I was admitted to a state polytechnic in ibadan .I struggled to finish my OND.did my one year industrial training in a insurance company in Lagos and now I am 24- year-old in 100level(Unilag) so presently , I am with my mum in sokoto and I am putting my eyes on graphics design and programming but now my step-dad has started complaining of me staying with them as he is always fighting my mum over my matter.
So this life get as he be jareh.
Note: I went through a lot just keep the story short

Bro, where you at in sokoto?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

It's called experience, lil boy! grin grin From 2002-2007, I rugged pass you, From idi-oro to bariga I belonged to the streets, don't worry tho feel free to look into my profile, I'm sure you'll pick up a few life lessons along the way grin grin grin

It's not called bragging if you can back it up, you really need to stop talking now because your profile already revealed you're just another hungry nigga with big mouth, you can continue arguing with your landlord to have mercy on your poverty stricken life grin grin grin

I have been engaging a 17yrs old boy since, what an insult. can you dig more of the post? who knows it might revive your lost common sense

from the beginning of my post you've been reading something upside down that's why I called you don't understand English language. I've no reason to explained anything to a lowlifes like you, even if I've 1bn dollars, my 1kobo will never get to the hands of any useless npf you read that but unfortunately your brain failed you

unlike me I won't even visit any station if not for some neighbors, leave your parents house now before your brain retrogress finished
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:

I have been engaging a 17yrs old boy since, what an insult. can you dig more of the post? who knows it might revive your lost common sense

from the beginning of my post you've been reading something upside down that's why I called you don't understand English language. I've no reason to explained anything to a lowlifes like you, even if I've 1bn dollars, my 1kobo will never get to the hands of any useless npf you read that but unfortunately your brain failed you

unlike me I won't even visit any station if not for some neighbors, leave your parents house now before your brain retrogress finished

I've seen it all on Nairaland....At this point na to just use you dey catch tripz...ODE cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

I've seen it all on Nairaland....At this point na to just use you dey catch tripz...I'm a typical ODE cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

Tripz indeed. your brain is doing overheating, visit a rewire at the psychiatric for a reset

I've said it earlier that you are just one low life attention seeker but I'm telling you, this will be my last civil response for you
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:

Tripz indeed. your brain is doing overheating, visit a rewire at the psychiatric for a reset

I've said it earlier that you are just one low life attention seeker but I'm telling you, this will be my last civil response for you

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
chatinent:

I survived through menial job, and teaching. Few months after, I rented a room.
You rented a room in a few months with how much salary? At 14?

Oga no dey Bobo us joo
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2020
Vyzz:

Wow

At 14 u were already teaching
Don't be a fool to believe that.. sorry to say
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Mryacks: 4:12am On Aug 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Like I said in that other thread, the discussion of when to leave without a pressing need to do so is a lower income/poor man question.

If your parents can comfortably house you with a bit of privacy, stay put and leverage on their housing as much as possible to build wealth.

Some people have saved their rents while at home and moved from their parents' home to their own home.

Only ensure that while at your parents', you pick some bills as a sign of maturity and responsibility:

I am sure that when you get to a certain age, your parents will acknowledge you have relationships and give you the needed space if you are not changing partners like underwears.

No sensible parent would stop a young man/lady of 24/25 years from a weekend getaway at a lover's place or hotel if you have established the relationship at home and you have proven to be responsible especially sexually.

Neither would they stop you for a late night hang out once in a while with friends.

Obviously coming back home drunk the first time might tell them you are not mature enough to handle such privileges going forward.

Well said...

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Julius209(m): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
QueTeddy:

Bro, where you at in sokoto?
gidabawuri.you stay in sokoto?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by QueTeddy: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2020
Julius209:
gidabawuri.you stay in sokoto?

Army barracks.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Clicked: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
I'm in my early twenties and done with school.
I'm a full time blogger and internet marketer, and was actually planning to rent my own house before the lockdown started.

There's no one disturbing me, the only reason I wanted to leave was to move back to Owerri where there is better electricity to continue my hustle.
That was where I finished from though, and if your parents are not disturbing you, don't listen to any lady telling you that they cannot date any man in their father's house... Lol
Even most of the billionaire kids are still staying with their parents. The free food you're enjoying means a lot, and don't hurry to leave, remember coming back is more difficult.

In my house, I have my full respect. Most times I don't even come outside my room till it's 11 am, especially if there's light. The condition is very conducive for a hustler, and if I leave, I left on my own.

Please which part of Owerri do you stay? I'm considering moving there too, cos of the same reason as yours. Plus as much as I like Lagos, it is too chaotic for me, I like the pace of life in Owerri.

Can you recommend any place that has running water, security, and constant electricity? I would have loved Ikenegbu but it might be too expensive for me.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
Clicked:

Please which part of Owerri do you stay? I'm considering moving there too, cos of the same reason as yours. Plus as much as I like Lagos, it is too chaotic for me, I like the pace of life in Owerri.

Can you recommend any place that has running water, security, and constant electricity? I would have loved Ikenegbu but it might be too expensive for me.

I stay at Ikenegbu bro, but I'm considering moving to Akwakuma now because it's more cool.
EVEN Amakohia has good light with lesser noise
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Clicked: 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:

I stay at Ikenegbu bro, but I'm considering moving to Akwakuma now because it's more cool.
EVEN Amakohia has good light with lesser noise

Does self-con at Amakohia cost more than 200k?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Clicked:

Does self-con at Amakohia cost more than 200k?

No, I doubt. There are ones of 140k even, depending on the area

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.