Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (42832 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jola58: 9:48am On Jul 30, 2020
RapistOnBail:
At age 25, person suppose don get focus for life na !

Nigeria sef never get focus, @60 years of independence
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jnoz23(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2020
Jman24:

It's just like asking. How will you learn sex in your father's house?

Throughout your life time, u have handled management skills consciously or subconsciously. (In school, managing transport fair, even starving yourself to save up money to flex your girlfriend..lol)
quite right, but nothing beats practical knowledge!
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by YusufTheGreat: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2020
Atiku:
The question should be... at what age does living in your parents house become unacceptable.
stop derailing this thread Open your own And ask this questions or answer them.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2020
YusufTheGreat:
stop derailing this thread Open your own And ask this questions or answer them.

Uncalled for
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2020
popoolaRofiat:

That is another story entirely.
I don't get you, sorry.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by EmmaLege: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigyusluv:
I'm here to tackle the post "At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House?". Forgive my English cause I'm a drop out. Lolx

Read through almost all the comments on that thread and all I can say is most NL members are just chasing clout... Bloody liars.

Some said they left their parents house age 17,20 and 22! Oh continue! You left your parent house to where.? Your own rented apartment? Or to squart with a friend or cousin? Or to live under the bridge?. Tell us! What is a 17yrs old doing to survive? You be footballer or you be musician? And to the ladies commenting a man should leave at least before clocking 25yrs.. Your senior bro who is 25yrs or above is still living with your parent and yet you're advising innocent soul on this faceless forum to leave their parent.
Why do we all chose to lie to hurt people reading comments to learn and grab a few hint?

How many guys within 22-30yrs old doing legit can boost of 100k in their account? How many are gainful employed? How many of them are you patronising their businesses?

Kings life is no competition, live and let's live, don't let no one pressure you into depression, been that road and back... Yes there is nothing wrong being with your parents till 30yrs or more, there's more to this life than just faking reality!

There are men who are building their own house from their parent home! As long as your parent house provides you a room, abeg save money!

LIFE NO BE COMPETITION!!!

Impressive grin
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Jakama90:

Started teaching at 15? What were you teaching the innocent kids?
Don't be sarcastic. I taught the primary section. I am very brilliant and didn't look 14. Then, I could teach Computer, Maths and basic primary subjects. The woman conducted an interview and accepted me (on probation first tho ) even whilst I awaited WAEC.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Jakama90:

Started hustling at 14 and left home at 18.. I know the kind of family you came from.
Na so bro. Life's no bobo juice.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Fxwarrior:

Oga what could you possibly be teaching at age 14 to make you independent?

Let's learn to keep things real.
There's nobody to impress here.
I don't impress anyone. This is a true story. I don't have to re-explain myself. Re-read.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2020
Exodora:

I wonder what you mean when you said teaching .
At 18 teaching , what was your salary like and come you were able to pay rent and other expenses with such payment.
Cause I know some private schools don't even NCE holders well not to talk of an O' level holder.
I'll say the woman helped me. Maybe clearly because of my accent then and brilliance. I was interviewed. She placed me on probation for a week and surprisingly, she accepted me fully. She started with N5k. I was also into freelancing. Well, I deprive myself of many things to reach a goal. At the end of the month, with struggle and sweat, I could get N20k and was happy. Life's no bobo juice, ma.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Zane2point4(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
I'm in my early twenties and done with school.
I'm a full time blogger and internet marketer, and was actually planning to rent my own house before the lockdown started.

There's no one disturbing me, the only reason I wanted to leave was to move back to Owerri where there is better electricity to continue my hustle.
That was where I finished from though, and if your parents are not disturbing you, don't listen to any lady telling you that they cannot date any man in their father's house... Lol
Even most of the billionaire kids are still staying with their parents. The free food you're enjoying means a lot, and don't hurry to leave, remember coming back is more difficult.

In my house, I have my full respect. Most times I don't even come outside my room till it's 11 am, especially if there's light. The condition is very conducive for a hustler, and if I leave, I left on my own.
Exactly, you're on the right path.
Exactly my story, finished school, went back to owerri were there's federal light and sanity atleast.
Even at a point your parents will miss u and wish u never left.
I think ppl that are in a hurry to leave are ppl in a dysfunctional family.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:37am On Jul 30, 2020
kingvick09:

left home to where,pls share your story.....
To the metropolis of the town I was in. When I set my foot there, I know a life has begun. Hunger in the next few days triggered the jobhunting, menial jobs, part-time, freelance etc. Life's no bobo juice.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

At 14 Wetin you don know wey you want dey teach? Abeg stop the lies undecided
You live a comfortable life doesn't imply sb else's life is a lie.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jman24(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2020
jnoz23:
quite right, but nothing beats practical knowledge!

It doesn't matter . You can be practical wherever you are. You can decide to be useful to yourself even in your father's house.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Exodora: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2020
chatinent:

I'll say the woman helped me. Maybe clearly because of my accent then and brilliance. I was interviewed. She placed me on probation for a week and surprisingly, she accepted me fully. She started with N5k. I was also into freelancing. Well, I deprive myself of many things to reach a goal. At the end of the month, with struggle and sweat, I could get N20k and was happy. Life's no bobo juice, ma.
Some people may not be that lucky as you are .
At 18 I was already taking care of my basic needs I was able to fund some part of my admission but it's not same to some people.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chatinent: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2020
Exodora:

Some people may not be that lucky as you are .
At 18 I was already taking care of my basic needs I was able to fund some part of my admission but it's not same to some people.
I guess you were born with a diamond spoon. I don't believe in luck. I literally toil very hard to get anything I need in life.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by olamilarks(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigyusluv:
I'm here to tackle the post "At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House?". Forgive my English cause I'm a drop out. Lolx

Read through almost all the comments on that thread and all I can say is most NL members are just chasing clout... Bloody liars.

Some said they left their parents house age 17,20 and 22! Oh continue! You left your parent house to where.? Your own rented apartment? Or to squart with a friend or cousin? Or to live under the bridge?. Tell us! What is a 17yrs old doing to survive? You be footballer or you be musician? And to the ladies commenting a man should leave at least before clocking 25yrs.. Your senior bro who is 25yrs or above is still living with your parent and yet you're advising innocent soul on this faceless forum to leave their parent.
Why do we all chose to lie to hurt people reading comments to learn and grab a few hint?

How many guys within 22-30yrs old doing legit can boost of 100k in their account? How many are gainful employed? How many of them are you patronising their businesses?

Kings life is no competition, live and let's live, don't let no one pressure you into depression, been that road and back... Yes there is nothing wrong being with your parents till 30yrs or more, there's more to this life than just faking reality!

There are men who are building their own house from their parent home! As long as your parent house provides you a room, abeg save money!

LIFE NO BE COMPETITION!!!
There is certainly no text book to life sha. I left home at 22, cos I impregnated a girl and I wanted to see the outdoors too. Bros make I no lie it's hard but you've got to take your risks. I had family supports, I had education and street smartness but still it wasn't enough. I worked factory jobs, doorman at fastfood outlet, personal driver job. But it gets better.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Okuda(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2020
bukatyne:

Are you working? How many girls have you brought home prior to now?

Have you shown responsibility in other areas?

lol. i was working at the time and had my own personal car and i am the first son so i know everythig about responsibility.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by bukatyne(f): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2020
Okuda:

lol. i was working at the time and had my own personal car and i am the first son so i know everythig about responsibility.

You did not answer the other questions grin tongue

I have my answer.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by DexterousOne(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Did you find out if they are happy staying with their parents? What if they are wussies who can't tell their parents what they want in their life?

They are actually still home cos their father is sick and wants them around
At least for as long as it can be

This life is not straight forward as some of you here think
There are so many many nuances to these things
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by eedimo(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2020
I'm the most confused here. If I don't live b4 I turned 30, my life would be messed up. I'm a foreigner in my father's house.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jeriwap(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2020
NockMedia:

Well said even though it's a troll.

I see what you doing! grin
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jason2000: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
You just said the plain truth

Life no be competition

If you must leave your parents house make sure you are capable

I am 24 and I am leaving with my mum, I have all the freedom I need, I can do whatever I want, and even bring my female friends home without any problems

So for me there no need to move unnecessary

But it really depends on the situation of things at home and what you want

P.s I am moving out after my after my College not for moving sake but because opportunities in this state is limited(Edo)

Regards

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Karlifate: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
In this life, do what works for you.
The "internet people" will not be there to bear the consequence(s) for you.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by walkwithgod(m): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2020
MiamiePizza:
When people say they left their parents home at 17,18,19 and 20 believe them. I got a friend who left home at 17. He was living with his Aunt in Egbeda Lagos, got a security job in Ajah with accommodation and left. After working there for 2yrs and saved enough, he came back to the mainland, got an apartment and a fairly used bike. Right now he's not even 25 but has more than 2m in his account. He plans going foreign anytime soon. I told him to register on NL for updates and tips to go foreign. People still leave their parents home at a very tender age.

2M...abeg make we dey lie small small before we attract curses on our head mbok.

How much Dem dey pay security for this Lagos, he no go feed ? He no go buy airtime, he no go flex, he no go carry woman,...unless na Jehovah witness ooo
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jason2000: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
neyobills:

Lol which European parents Italians are famed to live in with their parents almost for life,don’t take my word for it google is your friend

This is true

I have a friend who works as a nanny in Italy

The entire Nuclear family she works for lives in one house
The father , mother and son(matured son of a out 40 years) all live under one roof and they are happy

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jason2000: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
walkwithgod:

2M...abeg make we dey lie small small before we attract curses on our head mbok.

How much Dem dey pay security for this Lagos, he no go feed ? He no go buy airtime, he no go flex, he no go carry woman,...unless na Jehovah witness ooo

I tire for this guy sha

If the guy get 2M for account just know day e day small illegal side hustle cause the work wey you just state no reach to give someone 2m net for the the time frame wey talk

Man must cha na
Buy clothes
Pay house rent
Transport
Sub
Flex self or self and nabe every once in a while
If the guy come dey religious then he go pay tithe join

E no too dey possible
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Fortune109: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:

I started teaching around the same age. Just because you weren't smart when you finished your o level does not mean we are the same

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Okuda(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
bukatyne:

You did not answer the other questions grin tongue

I have my answer.

which ither question?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ArticleBeast: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
Fortune109:

You don't even have one for it to even be connected grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Fortune109: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:

You don't even have one for it to even be connected grin grin grin

You started teaching at 14 or 15... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeyenotu!!!
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ArticleBeast: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Fortune109:

You started teaching at 14 or 15... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeyenotu!!!
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.