Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend (88980 Views)

Bitter South African Politician Removes Transformer After Election Loss / Japan: Man Spends Over $20,000 To Transform Into 'human Dog', Takes First Walk. / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Reussite: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Minxie:

Yes there is a problem with accommodating foreigners. This problem I already addressed. The fact that you were at peace in Botswana and swaziland was because they get quality skilled foreign professionals that they need and want. So their people don't have a problem with their immigration policy or with foreigners.

The hostility in SA is attributed to the fact that South Africans are terribly upset about our immigration policy that is way more open than the policies of other countries. We are expressing our concern as to why South Africa is accommodating so many unskilled or under skilled individuals and criminals (these are two different sets of foreigners btw). You even have to admit, are there so many foreigners in Botswana who are doing odd jobs as there are in South Africa?

Again, South Africans are hostile for a reason. We don't go around shooting and killing foreigners wherever we go. We have a problem with criminals. And I've said it before, we shouldn't take it out on the foreigners (unless they are criminals) but we should take it out on our government. Which is something we are doing now.

But at the same time, you can't call us out for wanting the same policies that you have. Actually, Nigeria is one of the countries where immigration rules are tight and not just anyone can establish a business. The same with Ghana that has the law of their retail sector.

I'm sorry that you aren't happy here but I can also tell by the way you speak about South Africans why you aren't happy here. And your mindset will never allow you to be happy here.

Considering that you are in South Africa I expected you to give an honest account of things on the ground and not just a few hateful experiences of your own. I never denied that South Africans are hostile, i just explained why they can be in some instances. At least I owned up for our criminals. The people who committed those xenophobic acts are horrible and disgusting. You are here portraying criminals (not all foreigners) as innocent victims.

I'd like to emphasize that when I refer to foreign criminals, i mean criminals from another country and I don't mean that all foreigners are criminals. It's absurd to think that just like it's absurd to think all South Africans are xenophobic.

I will give you some advice though. The next time you engage South Africans, try to be a little more open and get to know them. Not just a few but get to know the people around you and try to form relationships with them. You will see that they are good people. I also live in another country as a foreigner and I've noticed that the people who hate that country are the ones who don't try to fit in. smiley I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and that you make lasting friendships.

Peace out smiley
No truer words have been stated. You are absolutely right. Though I have never met a SA in person before but the ones I communicate with online are great people & very open minded infact I tend to relate with them more than my people, no jokes. I don't take relationships for granted cos I know what I have gained over the years via networks.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Are u for real, I'm not reading all this. Leave SA politicians alone, u don't see us commenting on yours'. We don't even know who they are.

IF you want me to leave SA politics then you should exit Nairaland with immediate effect!

Once you do that I shall be very silent.

Do you accept?
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by YEBOmadiba: 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
morpheus24:

IF you want me to leave SA politics then you should exit Nairaland with immediate effect!

Once you do that I shall be very silent.

Do you accept?

I DO NOT accept. You talk too much bull about SA and I'm here to observe. Better the enemy you know.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Was that an organised protest March? That word "ORGANISED" is very important.Focus,Morphy!!!...focus!!![/quote}

Show me where South Africans were marching with placards calling for removal of illegal foreigners.Can you?{/quote]

Bantu education is very debilitating isn't it.

1. You need to look up the etymology and definition of the word "organize"and come back here again.
2. Don't switch around your words from "protest" to "marches", that one will not slip pass me.
3. Those videos are "protests" carried out by an "organized" set of complainers that in what constituted a "riot" or "run amok"
4. Waving Placards is not the sole pre-requisite for the what constitutes a march or protest eh!

[quote author=JaceBlaze post=91357578]
You said we can't seem to round up illegal criminals and few Nigerian drug dealers and the turn around say we treat them far worse that pale skinned foreigners? You end confusing yourself in the quest of faking intelligence...smart dumb Morpheus grin

There's no paradox in the above statement. Blame your lack of intelligence on bantu education.

One premise is not co-dependent on the other premise presented. They are independent of each other.

JaceBlaze:

PROXIMITY - xenophobia usually occurs in low income communities where locals and foreign nationals (Nigerians included) seem to be in a fierce battle for limited resources,and sometimes criminal elements take over and loot shops,and majority of us don't support this lootings and we demonstrated by marching against this.But you won't bring that up because it will break your one-sided narrative to tiny pieces.

You are regurgitating here. You already brought this point up and I responded I have no issues with people who demonstrate against xenophobia. This is not my arguement so to bring it up would be to digress.

Your example is tantamount to a scenario where police are blamed for brutality and bias and we are discussing the issue then you jump and paste a link of a police officer playing basketball with the same minority group that they are being accused of profiling.

JaceBlaze:

There was a special operation for removal of drug dealers.You think them too weren't at the receiving end of nasty name calling? They were called "Afrophobic","xenophobic",etc while doing it,so what really is your point?

Those so called operations were geared towards illegal immigrants and not specifically "drug dealers". Raids were carried out on buildings in the CBD and the likes were these dealers were operating but the so called raid turned into a harassment of migrants and less so on the "dealers".

JaceBlaze:

I don't know what the bolded got to do with everything,maybe rather I not intervene in your personal hatred for Herman but I think it's funny how he makes you uncomfortable? LoL
There is no reason to hate Mashaba. I am simply pointing out his semi literate nature and inability to articulate his objectives in a sensible manner. He is a politician pandering to your anxieties. This is a personal opinion. You shouldn't take it personal.

JaceBlaze:

BTW can you point Mashaba's faults on how he handled the situation in Johannesberg?

I will let your glorious google eyed bumbling buffoon speak for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRRuP4CWwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlpw5k3Wsiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwJvqMcWww

JaceBlaze:

The emboldened is very funny because Nigerian criminals are treated far worse in other countries.Did you not see how the FBI singled out only 6 Nigerian criminals amongst 70 criminals of other nationalities in the US? what does that tell you?

We are not the bogeyman you trying to make us to be LMAO

The US are doing their job. They are zoning in on the "criminal elements" in society regardless of nationality and across the board and dealing with them,. They are no where close to you amateurs who are using a "group of criminals" to pander to the inabilities of your government to take care of its people.

I advise you to amend your constitution to clarify its preamble as either "implied" and not "expressive" in law, so at least you can justify your xenophobia in law where it says"

We, the people of South Africa, Recognise the injustices of our past; Honour those who suffered for justice and freedom in our land; Respect those who have worked to build and develop our country; and Believe that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, united in our diversity...".
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

I DO NOT accept. You talk too much bull about SA and I'm here to observe. Better the enemy you know.

Why don't you rebut the bull and show all of us that every point I make is absolute nonsense.

PS I am not your enemy. You are just too slow to really see what goes on.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by YEBOmadiba: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
morpheus24:

Why don't you rebut the bull and show all of us that every point I make is absolute nonsense.

PS I am not your enemy. You are just too slow to really see what goes on.

It's not my job to rebut with you. Make Google your friend. SA is the most written about country in Africa.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

It's not my job to rebut with you. Make Google your friend. SA is the most written about country in Africa.

Then stay there and watch me body slam you guys every time.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by YEBOmadiba: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
morpheus24:

Then stay there and watch me body slam you guys every time.

Body slamming from a position of ignorance. What a meaningless win. I'll sit back and laugh at you instead.

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 1:25am On Jul 06, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Body slamming from a position of ignorance. What a meaningless win. I'll sit back and laugh at you instead.

What ignorance. Please do tell?
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2020
[quote author=morpheus24 post=91410917][/quote]

Your thesis miraculously disappeared shocked ,but then again non of it was worth a squirrel fart.

3 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by morpheus24: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Your thesis miraculously disappeared shocked ,but then again non of it was worth a squirrel fart.

So says the the generation Y entitled Saffa who lives in a bubble and doesn't understand the world outside of the borders of the Limpopo.

***Its Obvious****in Malema voice.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
morpheus24:

So says the the generation Y entitled Saffa who lives in a bubble and doesn't understand the world outside of the borders of the Limpopo.

***Its Obvious****in Malema voice.

LoL

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by grandlexuz(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Minxie:

How do you expect people to love you when you trash them like this? You are in South Africa and you are insulting them. Yet you preach here about how we apparently hate you. You are a disrespectful individual and people like you are the reason why good Nigerians have to suffer from stereotypes.

I know many great Africans so I won't judge them based on your comments. But I would like to take this moment to point out to many people that statement like the ones you have made while on South African soil, are the types of statements we South Africans hear a lot from foreigners like you. I'm not talking about all foreigners, im talking about foreigners who have the same mentality as you.

Please refrain from insulting the people who accommodate you. It isn't your right, it's a privilege to be welcomed in someone's home. Just like I won't insult Nigerians if I should visit there.

I hope you think about the hatred you are spewing. And I hope our paths never cross. Or let's say, you should hope our paths never cross wink

Good day

I decided to read your comments on the forum after reading your post on the Zindzi thread. Wow I love your sense of maturity. You won my respect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Luiza Rozova: Inside Putin’s Daughter’s Gaudy & Gold-Plated Penthouse (Pictures) / Malia Obama Kissing & Smoking With Her Boyfriend, Rory Farquharson In Public / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.