Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos (91519 Views)

List Of Islands In Nigeria / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Akwa Ibom, Ibeno Islands Tour With Some Nairalanders .... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bekool:
This is extremely beautiful hope sea pyrates don't disturb in these islands? Private bodies can also develop it not only federal and state govts.
The don't sir, Akwa Ibom is generally peaceful sir

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by tot(f): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Beautiful thread. Well done OP.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by realstars: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good For The State, The AKS

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by RPG2020(m): 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Blackking98:

True talk bro

True talk bro for wetin nor fit happen
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by bacilus(m): 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Am from one of the islands...utana opolom

3 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Kobicove(m): 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Una never tap the mainland finish una dey talk of islands?!
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Blackking98(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
RPG2020:

True talk bro for wetin nor fit happen
ok smiley
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Depressed101: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

My brother is bad that we don't tour our locality to know what is abound...though sm from this area both I never knew we had all this, honestly so we need not wait for the government honestly
do you have an idea the security situations of this places, and the prices of landed properties along the Beach?

3 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Sniper101(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
OP

Am still waiting to see the aerial view pictures of the "38 islands"

Hunchogee:

The don't sir, Akwa Ibom is generally peaceful sir

Akwa Ibom?
Peaceful??

Ok.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nackzy: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Funny enough i wad there today woaw

8 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Ikennamurphy: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Binikingdowm:
This akwa ibom state is too blessed..

I wish akwa ibom and maybe cross river can form a country together. That will be among world most finest country with high GDP per capital, low poverty rate and high literacy rate.
Wishful thinking
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
I went to take photos by the oron River banks when I travelled to oron,then the guys kept shouting "Ami"!"Ami! I never knew women are prohibited from doing so by the banks.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by izibili44: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please how can I locate the place. I will like to visit there after the lock down. When the airport start working.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ss states have great tourism potential.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
goldony:
I went to take photos by the oron River banks when I travelled to oron,then the guys kept shouting "Ami"!"Ami! I never knew women are prohibited from doing so by the banks.
Really...which part of Oron was that dear?
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Neville660: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sammy07:
All I can say is Wow!

You guys can make it work like Banana and Victoria Island.

Well, it's Economic and developments that will make that happen.

You guys are blessed with Waters

Wonders shall never seeath, so all islands in Nigeria has to be Victoria and Banana island. Let me guess, they should remove ibeno island and call it Rolls Island or Bugatti beach drop.

6 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
izibili44:
Please how can I locate the place. I will like to visit there after the lock down. When the airport start working.
Just get to Ibeno or eket boss

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Sammy07: 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
Neville660:

Wonders shall never seeath, so all islands in Nigeria has to be Victoria and Banana island. Let me guess, they should remove ibeno island and call it Rolls Island or Bugatti beach drop.

English is hard for you to comprehend

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Abagworo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
I keep asking why is only two of this Ibeno islands shown in Nigeria map and some maps don't even show any of these island or are there too small not to be shown .

I leave it to you guys to be the judge.

Find attached 2 different Nigeria map with two different views

There is likely no Island in Akwaibom. It is Rivers State that has Islands so maybe you mean shorelines or riverine communities. An Island must be isolated off the coast and deep in the sea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Neville660: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sammy07:

English is hard for you to comprehend
grin
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by profuk7: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
See the effect of Igbo(weed) (funny video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjTmqZIfZI
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by izibili44: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

Just get to Ibeno or eket boss
Thank you very much. Which airport is close to the place.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Reference(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Just spectacular. Just crying out for investment. Can be the next Miami beach.... but oil has to run out or be as worthless as coal is today for that to happen

Cross-River and Akwa Ibom have absolutely everything to be a super mega tourist destination. From the mountain ranges of Obudu where the land touches the clouds to the white sands of Eket.... just wow.

These sister states are begging for investment. Who is listening.

3 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Onlinebar: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lots of beautiful places in this country, but you won't know if you don't travel

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by favour32(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Emmacolinho:
I love Akwa Ibom and I hope to visit there someday
Nor go the side wey dem dey use strangers do barbecue o?
The first alphabet go give you clue.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by gnykelly(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
I love it

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by vRendoh(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
If no be crude oil Nigeria government no send. Drill and export crude oil that is all.
I for say leave them alone as them be now.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
always knew there was a link between some parts of ogoni, andoni and akwaibom.

you have to promote your place, the present govt isn't interested, sadly even the so called educated elites from ibeno are not interested either.

privileged south south people are opportunist s, they get all they can and can all they get.

this is what educated people from these areas shud do get pictures do a documentary about the place, you can high journalist and film producers to help .

don't depend on Mobil or chevron to promote you r heritage.

Hope its a real island sha, and not a glorified canal.

3 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by lacasera14(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
Exclusive: What people don't know or see in the Map....

Akwa Ibom State houses 38 Islands that are very still untapped or developed making the future of tourism more brighter for the state than ever...
Do you know that Ibeno L.G.A has 25 communities and all 22 are Island settlements that is not even much captured in the map..

Others are Mbo L.G.A with 7 Island communities while Eastern Obolo L.G.A has 9 island communities ..
Thus making Akwa Abasi Ibom state the only state with 38 island settlements in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom currently has the longest seaband or coastal line in west Africa making it a tourism heaven just like the river Nile in Egypt....with a whopping 2410 km2 coastal line, ibeno alone has 1200km2 while others is shared among Mbo, Easyern Obolo, Ikot Abasi etc

Let talk briefly about Ibeno L.G.A, Ibeno is bordering at the east flank by Mbo LGA, at the west flank by Eastern Obolo by north by Eket and by the south by the Atlantic Ocean.
Ibeno people are the extracted people from Andoni in River state & Eastern Obolo people inwhich they share the same culture and traditions with Andoni people of river state...
Bonny Island became popular becos of industrial present in that island ... leaving the 38 island settlement in Akwa Ibom state unknown and untapped ...

When I went on a tour to those islands in Ibeno..
Shockingly they were an island you travel for 1 full day from the jetty in Iwou-Achang in Ibeno to Utana obulop island.
This island took us 23hours with a speed flying boat engine fitted with two 75 horsepower engines to be able to get to that Island of Utana Obolop Island.

The interesting part was I saw huge population of people and majority were people from other countries like Satomi and Principe, Gabon , Togo and even people from Edo state and I was amazed about the untapped island .
Shocking they was no federal and state governments present in those islands ... No nigerians schools, hospital, police stations etc meaning the only thing that links that island to Akwa Ibom state and Nigeria is that the chiefs in this islands are from Ibeno period.
Is saddened how this guys are abandoned by both the state and federal government letting them to live and do thier business alone with steady international travels from one countries to the other without visa or etc.
Akwa Ibom state might not be big in size in the Nigeria map but the state is deep in realiality.

This island house up to 80 thousand inhabitants of various countries ... Jesus my lord I felt like crying while writing this piece. The primary occupation there is fishing and once in a while some foreign fishing companies and NGOs drop food & medical aids in the island in exchange of sea food....
If this Islands are well tapped it will make Akwa Ibom look like Miami of USA, or the Bahamas.

Please I used this opportunity to ask all well meaning Nigerians to go and invest and our journalist not to only covers cities and politics but go inside this islands and bring them to limelight.....
Am just so angry I won't be surprised we losing some of these islands in the future to foreign Governments like we did to bakassi..
Ibeno is gotten from the word Obolo which means white sand beach.
Akwa Ibom alone houses 80 thousand Ghanaian living in both Ibeno and Mbo L.G.A. in short there is a place in Iwouachang in Ibeno called Ghana town.

Nigerians need to know this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibeno_Beach

You can find the list of all Ibeno island and communities in the link below
https://worldpostalcode.com/nigeria/akwa-ibom/ibeno/ibeno-clan.
So what you're trying to say now is that Akwa Ibom has more islands than Rivers State and Bayelsa State? Remember Bayelsa is about 70% water.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Depressed101: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
bacilus:
Am from one of the islands...utana opolom
how beautiful is it, how much do they sell landed properties, are there kidnappers or pirates, or cultists activities... Pls i anticipate your answers

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Abagworo:

There is likely no Island in Akwaibom. It is Rivers State that has Islands so maybe you mean shorelines or riverine communities. An Island must be isolated off the coast and deep in the sea

correct, op didn't even take pictures for proof, he probably mistook being in a boat for 23hrsbto be an island, the boat was his island.

eket weed set.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Abagworo:

correct, op didn't even take pictures for proof, he probably mistook being in a boat for 23hrsbto be an island, the boat was his island.

eket weed sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.