Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos (91520 Views)

List Of Islands In Nigeria / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Akwa Ibom, Ibeno Islands Tour With Some Nairalanders .... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by RTSC: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Some people are deceiving themselves talking about tourism.

It is like you people underestimate the damage that the northern insecurity has done to our tourism Potentials.

It has completely obliterated it.

Forget tourism. The north has cost Nigeria that opportunity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Abagworo:

There is likely no Island in Akwaibom. It is Rivers State that has Islands so maybe you mean shorelines or riverine communities. An Island must be isolated off the coast and deep in the sea
Wow, is funny how you drop to conclusions.
But let me leave it that way.
No let me ask you ....what is the difference btw an Island community and a river (Atlantic ocean ) community?
Am waiting for your answers
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Engr1(m): 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
Smiles......
6years ago I stayed in that area before relocating to Abuja, so I know all this places.........I think Government need to do something about it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
izibili44:
Thank you very much. Which airport is close to the place.
Uyo international airport ....
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
goldony:
I went to take photos by the oron River banks when I travelled to oron,then the guys kept shouting "Ami"!"Ami! I never knew women are prohibited from doing so by the banks.
they were not referring to you

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Reference:
Just spectacular. Just crying out for investment. Can be the next Miami beach.... but oil has to run out or be as worthless as coal is today for that to happen

Cross-River and Akwa Ibom have absolutely everything to be a super mega tourist destination. From the mountain ranges of Obudu where the land touches the clouds to the white sands of Eket.... just wow.

These sister states are begging for investment. Who is listening.
Spot on sir
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Abagworo:

There is likely no Island in Akwaibom. It is Rivers State that has Islands so maybe you mean shorelines or riverine communities. An Island must be isolated off the coast and deep in the sea
God bless u for this.
The guy probably doesn't known the meaning of the word "island"
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by PaulH07: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

So right boss, that is why we are seeking investors to come in and develop the area

So that you people can kill him & lick his Investment after soup don done abi?

Kid yourself not, Lagos will continue to remain the best place to invest, cos everyone minds their business. It's not called the centre of excellence for nothing.

Come, invest & prosper.

Aak your fellow Igbo brethren, they'll tell you why they flock to Lagos like refugees crossing the Libyan sea to Europe.

With all those things you mentioned, if the place go make sense for biz, you won't need to be doing all these advert, investors go don flood the place.

Place where even Igbo man no dey, you wan make oyinbo man come.

I laugh you in my local dialect... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
quentin06:

correct, op didn't even take pictures for proof, he probably mistook being in a boat for 23hrsbto be an island, the boat was his island.

eket weed set.
the guy doesn't know the meaning of island.
Akwa Ibom state has no island

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Kinematics: 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
RTSC:
Some people are deceiving themselves talking about tourism.

It is like you people underestimate the damage that the northern insecurity has done to our tourism Potentials.

It has completely obliterated it.

Forget tourism. The north has cost Nigeria that opportunity.

True talk!
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Depressed101:
how beautiful is it, how much do they sell landed properties, are there kidnappers or pirates, or cultists activities... Pls i anticipate your answers
Ibeno waters are safe but as for Iron mehn fear those pirates, they once threw away a year old baby into the sea simply because her mother his money in her socks

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by inyenejo(m): 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
The OP just said the onces he knows, Islands in Akwa Ibom state as a whole is more than 5 thousand, with different sizes , some are measured in square kilometres and square miles From Itu, Uruan, Okobo, Oron, Uruefong Oruko L.G.As down to Eastern Obolo is with uncountable Islands, i remember when i used to travel with my mom for 24 hrs + we are still sailing....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Engr1(m): 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
Exclusive: What people don't know or see in the Map....

Akwa Ibom State houses 38 Islands that are very still untapped or developed making the future of tourism more brighter for the state than ever...
Do you know that Ibeno L.G.A has 25 communities and all 22 are Island settlements that is not even much captured in the map..

Others are Mbo L.G.A with 7 Island communities while Eastern Obolo L.G.A has 9 island communities ..
Thus making Akwa Abasi Ibom state the only state with 38 island settlements in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom currently has the longest seaband or coastal line in west Africa making it a tourism heaven just like the river Nile in Egypt....with a whopping 2410 km2 coastal line, ibeno alone has 1200km2 while others is shared among Mbo, Easyern Obolo, Ikot Abasi etc

Let talk briefly about Ibeno L.G.A, Ibeno is bordering at the east flank by Mbo LGA, at the west flank by Eastern Obolo by north by Eket and by the south by the Atlantic Ocean.
Ibeno people are the extracted people from Andoni in River state & Eastern Obolo people inwhich they share the same culture and traditions with Andoni people of river state...
Bonny Island became popular becos of industrial present in that island ... leaving the 38 island settlement in Akwa Ibom state unknown and untapped ...

When I went on a tour to those islands in Ibeno..
Shockingly they were an island you travel for 1 full day from the jetty in Iwou-Achang in Ibeno to Utana obulop island.
This island took us 23hours with a speed flying boat engine fitted with two 75 horsepower engines to be able to get to that Island of Utana Obolop Island.

The interesting part was I saw huge population of people and majority were people from other countries like Satomi and Principe, Gabon , Togo and even people from Edo state and I was amazed about the untapped island .
Shocking they was no federal and state governments present in those islands ... No nigerians schools, hospital, police stations etc meaning the only thing that links that island to Akwa Ibom state and Nigeria is that the chiefs in this islands are from Ibeno period.
Is saddened how this guys are abandoned by both the state and federal government letting them to live and do thier business alone with steady international travels from one countries to the other without visa or etc.
Akwa Ibom state might not be big in size in the Nigeria map but the state is deep in realiality.

This island house up to 80 thousand inhabitants of various countries ... Jesus my lord I felt like crying while writing this piece. The primary occupation there is fishing and once in a while some foreign fishing companies and NGOs drop food & medical aids in the island in exchange of sea food....
If this Islands are well tapped it will make Akwa Ibom look like Miami of USA, or the Bahamas.

Please I used this opportunity to ask all well meaning Nigerians to go and invest and our journalist not to only covers cities and politics but go inside this islands and bring them to limelight.....
Am just so angry I won't be surprised we losing some of these islands in the future to foreign Governments like we did to bakassi..
Ibeno is gotten from the word Obolo which means white sand beach.
Akwa Ibom alone houses 80 thousand Ghanaian living in both Ibeno and Mbo L.G.A. in short there is a place in Iwouachang in Ibeno called Ghana town.

Nigerians need to know this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibeno_Beach

You can find the list of all Ibeno island and communities in the link below
https://worldpostalcode.com/nigeria/akwa-ibom/ibeno/ibeno-clan.

Smiles......
6years ago I stayed here in this area before relocating to Abuja, so I know all this is places.........I think Government need to do something.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Phyde:

Just carry your babe come relax here gisting while viewing the beautiful ocean. No crowd, no music noise like that of lagos beaches, just the sound of waves and trees are enough to chill the brain for great ideas about about a greater future. This is the kind of places I want to live kiss nothing beats nature. God is really a perfect creator all things.
that's why we must really strive to make heaven
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Biafra is a creation of Abasi. Ibibio is a blessed land of Biafra. Fulani and Yoruba longer throats jidhadist government your days in Biafraland are numbered.

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by TheM0nster: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
daviesmania:
Ibeno and Eastern obolo are both Rivers state.. forget the fact that they're captured on akwa ibom state map.
senseless comment

4 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Agugbadin: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
AKUABASI DO

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by RTSC: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kinematics:

True talk!
Our best bet now is to just focus on growing other sectors and leave tourism for those with the reputation for it.

Even if we stop insecurity in the north today, it would take at least 30-40 years for the world to forget about Nigerian insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by RTSC: 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
TheM0nster:
Ibeno waters are safe but as for Iron mehn fear those pirates, they once threw away a year old baby into the sea simply because her mother his money in her socks
wow.

was the baby rescued?
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Kingsteve(m): 12:01am On Jun 30, 2020
Lovely!
A kind of place I'd love to visit.
Paradise!

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by AnthonyAk(m): 12:16am On Jun 30, 2020
This is good , akwa ibom should miami levels. Id glady start a company within the state there or Calabar

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:21am On Jun 30, 2020
Abagworo:

And again do you know why Ibeno people called this settlements Utana?

If your one sided definition of an island was to be true why do the called both lagos settlement Victoria and banana Islands an Island, since your bonny is the only island in Nigeria

Do you know that Ireland from England is only 7km apart , why do the called it Island settlement of the ice men (ireland).. you really need adult education. Find link attachment below for that.

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 30, 2020
Malawian:
There is nothing special about Lagos. If the ports in the east is opened, these places could have been our "Lagos".

You can open the ports over there tomorrow morning
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:24am On Jun 30, 2020
Onlinebar:
Lots of beautiful places in this country, but you won't know if you don't travel
Yes bro
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:26am On Jun 30, 2020
favour32:

Nor go the side wey dem dey use strangers do barbecue o?
The first alphabet go give you clue.
Please what is the name of that side ?
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:26am On Jun 30, 2020
gnykelly:
I love it
Yeah dear
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2020
vRendoh:
If no be crude oil Nigeria government no send. Drill and export crude oil that is all.
I for say leave them alone as them be now.
Lol
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:29am On Jun 30, 2020
quentin06:
always knew there was a link between some parts of ogoni, andoni and akwaibom.

you have to promote your place, the present govt isn't interested, sadly even the so called educated elites from ibeno are not interested either.

privileged south south people are opportunist s, they get all they can and can all they get.

this is what educated people from these areas shud do get pictures do a documentary about the place, you can high journalist and film producers to help .

don't depend on Mobil or chevron to promote you r heritage.

Hope its a real island sha, and not a glorified canal.
You started well and ended badly...but in all nice piece
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:32am On Jun 30, 2020
lacasera14:
So what you're trying to say now is that Akwa Ibom has more islands than Rivers State and Bayelsa State? Remember Bayelsa is about 70% water.
Please read the piece again ...this time leave hate aside .... just read like an educated person then ask me what you want to ask for clarification
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:33am On Jun 30, 2020
Depressed101:
how beautiful is it, how much do they sell landed properties, are there kidnappers or pirates, or cultists activities... Pls i anticipate your answers
I don't know about prices ..you need to come down to Akwa Ibom state and ask . Akwa ibom is generally safe sir
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:34am On Jun 30, 2020
quentin06:

correct, op didn't even take pictures for proof, he probably mistook being in a boat for 23hrsbto be an island, the boat was his island.

eket weed set.
No need to come low to your level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 12:35am On Jun 30, 2020
supereagle:
Adekunle 3MCDO with his other Yoruba officers tried to liberate difficult terrains like these during the civil war. Only brave soldiers could handle terrains like these.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.