Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,804 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools (93767 Views)

School Reopening: FG Gives Fresh Directives For The Safe Reopening Of Universiti / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by BABANGBALI: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
VickyRotex:

I agree, you dont need to go back to school. Your English will send out everyone from class on the first day, so please stay at home. cry cry
who school epp?shioooor
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
CzarChris:
Why do I see this as a very bad idea, especially with announcement of 3 new mutated strains of the Covid-19 in Nigeria.
Make una think am well o!
Lockdown at - 50 cases
Open at - 7,000 cases

Lockdown at - 15,000
Open at - 200,000

Lockdown at - 200,000
Open at - 3,000,000

These gentlemen shouldn't stop fooling themselves. Covid19 has come to stay!

Imagine lockingdown that middle for HIV. (We for dey on 30years counting now)

We can only do programs, do advocacy, fumigate regularly, share Zinc, Vitamin D & C Supplements.

Leave the rest to God.

Finish!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by VectorVee68(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
if u are a FYB,u no wan grad. this year ni??
why u dey fear

Oboi I never get any work to gather money for resumption oo
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by samilly(m): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
What of those in ND 2 ?
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
CzarChris:
Why do I see this as a very bad idea, especially with announcement of 3 new mutated strains of the Covid-19 in Nigeria.

Oga go and find somewhere to sit down

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Beny2019(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
wurray!!!! coron, please wait while ur thunder is being processing... discovering ur vaccine or not things must forcefully go back to normal. good news!

1 Like

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by ReorxTohGan(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
VectorVee68:

Oboi I never get any work to gather money for resumption oo
oh! God will provide bro
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by VectorVee68(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
oh!
God will provide bro

Amen bro thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by VirginFinder: 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nice! Nice!! Nice!!!

Where that luunatic called Confirmed Zombie always calling for total lockdown grin
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by CzarChris(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
OgbeniSamm:

Oga go and find somewhere to sit down
Thanks for the insults, do you have any other thing to add?
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by oyetpel(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
wink2015:
THERE IS AN UNHEALTHY COMPETITION AMONG STATES AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR SUPREMACY OF AUTHORITY as far as lockdown matter is concerned.

Federal government imposed that authority and states counter it with curfew and other forms of authority.

In America, there is meeting point and agreement is struck with mutual understanding with both state and the federal government in Washington dc at choosing the best way forward for implementation.

But this is not so with Nigeria where we have Buhari as President who is a northern far right leader and his anti-restructuring and anti-south ideology.

Buhari just do what he likes without adherence to the constitutions.

Some governors have become DICTATORS due to covid 19.

They have even forgot what they were originally elected to do.

Stop saying what you don't know.

State government in America also tackled Trump that he doesn't have the capacity to dictate for them if they should open or not.

"The US Constitution says that states maintain public order and safety. So
far, it has been individual state governors who have issued lockdown or
shelter-in-place orders."

It's not a Nigeria thing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52274969

https://www.ft.com/content/baad2a7e-94c5-415a-8118-a00bff23608a
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by CzarChris(m): 1:16am On Jun 30, 2020
LadyExcellency:

You must be a public or civil servant
I have a few consultancy jobs and trainings that I should have completed by May's end, but this pandemic put all my cash on hold. I'm practically surviving right now by God's grace, I have lost soo much money during this pandemic that even thinking about it increases my BP, but as a responsible scientist, safety first should be a watch word. Na who dey alive dey flex money o.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Etizz: 3:30am On Jun 30, 2020
This is a wrong move oh.... This time the whole country will be shut down....
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Etizz: 3:33am On Jun 30, 2020
Wrong move......this time the whole country will be shutdown
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by kengoodman: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2020
osamz007:
WE WAY DON RESUME SCHOOL SINCE

FOR MY MIND SHAA

MAH CALL MA BAE TO KICK PREPARATIONS. I DON MISS YOU RACHELgrin
...U see ur life?

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by invectives(m): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2020
CzarChris:
you can lock urself down underground.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Hapinex01: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2020
These is what i want to hear. Now my brothers and sisters can go and finish there WAEC in peace.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Alabaarowolo: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2020
COVID-19: Don’t reopen schools now, NUT warns
The Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) has advised federal and state governments against “hasty” reopening of schools, cautioning that the lives of teachers and their pupils should be seriously considered before such action is taken.
Principal Assistant Secretary of the Union in Niger state, Comrade Labaran Garba, gave the advice in Minna at the weekend after conducting newsmen round the ultra modern Niger state secretariat of the organisation.
https://www.blueprint.ng/covid-19-dont-reopen-schools-now-nut-warns/

Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by DavidEsq(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2020
SmartProf:
It's important to note that this phase of reopening is meant for those in graduating classes, to enable them prepare optimally towards external examinations. Hopefully things returns back to normal soonest for everyone to resume, including public University students because ASUU is still on strike. I only fear that as with schools, once there is an outbreak, even though sporadic, schools maybe shut down again...we must be ready for staggered classroom schooling while optimizing our e-learning options
U must be a Mungo Park!! Where did u see external examinations in the report? Ogbologbo somebody
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by ejimatic: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
it's not as if you are forced to go outta your house.it's your choice.
. You are right
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by ejimatic: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
it's not as if you are forced to go outta your house.it's your choice.
. You are right
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by osamz007: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2020
kengoodman:
...U see ur life?

cheesy
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by NewsINigeria(m): 9:19am On Jun 30, 2020
Unto the next thing...

Take a minute to check out my signature
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by elayomohammed(m): 9:25am On Jun 30, 2020
Haha, bad idea!
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by God2man2again(m): 9:25am On Jun 30, 2020
This is what we have been talking about for some time, lift interstate lockdown and allow schools to reopen. Many thanks to the Government for this wise and bold decision to allow the graduating classses; Primary 6, JSS3 and SS3 to resume tomorrow before other classes.

This shows that the Government is listening, however, more need to be done in Lagos and Ogun state about the reopening of all religious organization.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2020
Justina081:

please is university graduating students among

please is university graduating students among

No.

It is for primary schools (Primary 6) and secondary schools (JSS 3 and SS 3) students.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2020
DamZik:

Lockdown at - 50 cases
Open at - 7,000 cases

Lockdown at - 15,000
Open at - 200,000

Lockdown at - 200,000
Open at - 3,000,000

These gentlemen shouldn't stop fooling themselves. Covid19 has come to stay!

Imagine lockingdown that middle for HIV. (We for dey on 30years counting now)

We can only do programs, do advocacy, fumigate regularly, share Zinc, Vitamin D & C Supplements.

Leave the rest to God.

Finish!!!

Don't compare HIV with coronavirus.

They are two different viruses that demand different approaches.

Covid-19 is a respiratory disease, which makes it far more contagious than HIV. It is much easier to avoid catching HIV than coronavirus.

So, a lockdown (if followed totally) can help us contain the virus.
Re: FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools by Adinoyi2020(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria / 12 Animals That Can Stay Without Food For A Long Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.