Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me (2365 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / How Can A Guy Discover His Girl Friend B4 He Says "i Do" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by emmatok(m): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2011
omega25red:

i like that boyfriend of yours he has been listening to the advice i have been giving to men. Never marry someone who brings nothing to the table.  tongue

On a serious note i can certainly understand his stance because you as a woman probably wouldn't be willing to marry a man who has an upstart business that is not making millions yet. <<<am i right? so turn around is gair game!!! there is nothing wrong in a man asking you to have a steady job before he marries you no body wants a liability.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU . WOMEN ARE QUICK TO CONDEMN THE MAN for making such demand .What if it is tha other way round. Will any woman be willing to marry a man that is not making much in his business.

The truth is not all business people are making much compare to paid employment.

In-fact some people are TOO LAZY to keep their 8 hours job, so they resign to start a so called business where they earn far less than their former income.

slovenia:

thanks all for the advice.
i relocated to be closer to him because when i had a job he kept pleading with me to transfer to be closer to him so that we could get married, so i felt that since i didnt have any restriction anymore i should make the sacrifice. i relocated and rented my apartment with my money and furnished it myself. i dont beg him for money. he earns over 300k monthly but the highest amount he has ever given me is 20k. i take pride in achieving for myself
i didnt know that love is tied to a 9 to 5 job. so im wondering if i had a 9 to 5 job and we got married and i lost the job then will d marriage be on hold till i get another one?
well i think its beta for me to leave him now and focus on my business.
maybe i will find a man who will love me job or not.

@ poster

I will like you to look at your option very well. What you need is better communication with him .

A lot of people leave their job to start business, but it all crumble due to economic realities.

You need to understand his FEARS ABOUT BUSINESS.

Well, if you leave him. He will surely get him-self a wife.

Its your choice.
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by fredoooooo: 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2011
do you luv the guy ? then get a job or ask him to get one for you , period
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by otokx(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
some people can lie and the worse still to themselves.
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2011
slovenia:

i relocated to be closer to him because when i had a job he kept pleading with me to transfer to be closer to him so that we could get married, so i felt that since i didnt have any restriction anymore i should make the sacrifice. i relocated and rented my apartment with my money and furnished it myself. i dont beg him for money. he earns over 300k monthly but the highest amount he has ever given me is 20k. i take pride in achieving for myself
i didnt know that love is tied to a 9 to 5 job. so im wondering if i had a 9 to 5 job and we got married and i lost the job then will d marriage be on hold till i get another one?

dear poster u have made the best decision more grease to your elbows.
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
slovenia:

Goodgirl
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by SALady(f): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
Girl, work your business up or get a job but for whatever reason why you do it please let it not be about him. Do it for yourself, only you matter the most.

Let me ask you this question, say you get a job or the business thing works and you guys get married, what will then happen when the business collapses or you get chucked out of a job?
Re: He Says I Must Get Job B4 He Can Marry Me by apella: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
1stly, u'r being punkd without cameras tongue tongue tongue, 2ndly he isnt ready n if u'v got a buiz u'r managing "HUG IT" , den advice urself, u aint no baby,u suld knw wen a guy is tired of u, except if anoda tin dey wey u neva tell us. xoxo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? / These Girls Leave Me Only After Two Months / Am I Selfish!!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.