Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,261 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration (4296 Views)

INEC ‘can’t Say’ If Jega Will Be Removed / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / Ondo Discovers 14,000 Multiple Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by ijebu(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2011
I pray the ACN fears is not real. By now one would have expect Jega to react to this, I am sure they are double checking to make sure that this is not true before going public.
But from Jega statement that INCE has to reduce the sensitivity of the biometrics because the system was very slow. So the so call upgrade by Jega was a downgrade and increase the vulnerability for double registration.
Even if you run a query on a database, the database my not detect double registration if you dont use the same name and the biometrics information is not detailed enough as we have in ongoing registration exercise.
We be happy if Jega and his kenyan adviser can take up the challenge and demonstrate publicly that the ACN information is not real
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by ijebu(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2011
I pray the ACN fears is not real. By now one would have expect Jega to react to this, I am sure they are double checking to make sure that this is not true before going public.
But from Jega statement that INCE has to reduce the sensitivity of the biometrics because the system was very slow. So the so call upgrade by Jega was a downgrade and increase the vulnerability for double registration.
Even if you run a query on a database, the database my not detect double registration if you dont use the same name and the biometrics information is not detailed enough as we have in ongoing registration exercise.
We be happy if Jega and his kenyan adviser can take up the challenge and demonstrate publicly that the ACN information is not real
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2011
shocked :oThe problem with Some nigerians is that they fail to expand their horizon, Many ppl facebook everyday but they dont even know much about computers, even in Nairaland here. Have you try to save a pix two time in ur computer and its telling you, the file have been save b4, so what is the diff, so what is the capacity of the laptop. If INEC want to integrate the system into a single data base and flush out double entries its very easy, The question ACN should have asked is, will you guys do it b4 Election or after election, any one is viable, pls Old man Lai go read networking books. Unless INEC poised to cheat cool[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by NaijaNile: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2011
embarassed Na wa o, its shocking how ignorant the so-called "future leaders" are, People who have been stealing the DDC machines to do multiple registration will be surprised they wont find their names on the final voters register during elections because they would have been disqualified.
The system INEC procured will detect multiple registration if you try to register at the same location i.e. same laptop and also when all data has been consolidated. The key that will be used for detecting this is the finger prints which is unique to every human being.

The only viable means of cheating as far as i can see is to register under-age voters becuase the system cannot detect if you are below the required age , what really is the difference btw a 16yr old and an 18yr old?
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by snthesis(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2011
NaijaNile:

The only viable means of cheating as far as i can see is to register under-age voters becuase the system cannot detect if you are below the required age , what really is the difference btw a 16yr old and an 18yr old?
shocked shocked :ohaba!!! why u dey give them free expo na,
chei!!! do u know how much u cud hav made from this valuable info grin grin grin
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by badlaw(f): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2011
i dey laugh, as i dey pray very had 4all Nigeria to come out to the street and kick out all the criminal in the house and refuse old criminal advise startin from IBB,OBJ down to GEJ,MARK and the newly born again criminal JEGA with all his lie,
my brother give ur-self a brain. imagine a network computer or internet which cannot see other computer. how can dis jega of a man tell nigerians at this age that DDCM will capture (reg) u in a particular place and same place will u vote. then xplain dis computer as been on network or on internet ,my brother wahala dey, i dey see danger.
sure 4now double/multiple reg is guarantee maybe until INEC do the aggregated stuff at different level, if real they will do it as they claim,
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by snthesis(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
texazzpete:

grin grin grin grin
I hope you aren't pursuing a career in the diplomatic corps grin grin grin

Why are u asking me this kind of question? Do you want to tarnish my persona? if you are sure that your motives are clean, i suggest you recommend me as An Ambassador to Brazil.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
ijebu:

Even if you run a query on a database, the database my not detect double registration[b] if you dont use the same name and the biometrics information is not detailed enough as we have in ongoing registration exercise.[/b]

So Jega did actually announce that had to be done? If so, that confirms the existence the system allows for duplicates and this news is not isolated in anyway.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Ekiti1: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2011
INEC will detect multiple registration. Even without being queried, a database once programmed to detect multiple inputs with same biometrics will detect it. The biometrics in this case being finger prints which is unique to an individual. I am an ARO II in the ongoing voters registration and the software detects multiple registrations. Once all the data is collated to a central server, multiple registrations will be detected. My only fear is that since the software has been patched and upgraded it now flags two different individuals wt diff prints as identical.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by leoebhos(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
they are even requesting for more money, these guys are jokes.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Moves: 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
Will it Kill Jega/INEC to give all stakeholders are real live demonstration of the registeration process and let them bring their IT experts to confirm and analyse its effectiveness, I see nothing wrong in his asking, atleast if we get it right now will save us headache and money in future,
Trust in Inec Voters register is very important- there is a need to demonstrate to all stakeholders that the system will do what it is supposed to do , and data Integrity is functional; For those chatting poo about databases, data can be compromised in any DB, hence assurances required by the stakeholders that this DB works.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by lekside44(m): 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
mind you all, during elections, there will be restrictions of movement. so how do one with double regristration intend to vote in 2 or more states
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by texazzpete(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
ijebu:

I posted a link earlier with Jega's response. Why can't you folk take time out to READ the posting history before ranting?

Kobojunkie:

So Jega did actually announce that had to be done? If so, that confirms the existence the system allows for duplicates and this news is not isolated in anyway.

The resolution was originally set too high, hence scanning took too long. The current setting is fit for purpose.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
texazzpete:

I posted a link earlier with Jega's response. Why can't you folk take time out to READ the posting history before ranting?
The resolution was originally set too high, hence scanning took too long. The current setting is fit for purpose.

What resolution set too high? Do you even read your own claims at all? A finger scanning application that was possibly field tested pre-deployment had it's resolutions set too high?  undecided

Sorry, I know you like to pretend you know how these things work in the backend but sometimes it is OK to STOP!
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by texazzpete(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What resolution set too high? Do you even read your own claims at all? A finger scanning application that was possibly field tested pre-deployment had it's resolutions set too high?  undecided

From Jega's testimony before the Senate
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=11371
Jega nonetheless explained that there were additional problems with the setting of the finger printing machine from the first day; “where we discover that the setting was very high and that setting was for the highest standard of finger print for forensic purpose and election is not a forensic matter, that is why we had these difficulties because the scanners were very sensitive, if you have any problem with your finger whether it is stained with oil or whatsoever, it will refuse to accept you. So the first day was a disaster because the machine was just rejecting anybody that came to register. But the second day, we had discovered this and we have taken measures to correct it by deploying what we call a patch to address the problem of finger print scanner

pre-deployment testing would most likely have been under ideal conditions (squeaky clean fingers from people with minimal print erosion). The reduced time-frame would have reduced the time for beta testing.

Kobojunkie:

Sorry, I know you like to pretend you know how these things work in the backend but sometimes it is OK to STOP!

Don't be daft. I know how the set up is supposed to work. It isn't rocket science. Unlike yourself, not everyone struggles with the concept of data validation at different levels. I have NEVER made any detailed claims of the backend technologies INEC is employing for this exercise.
As someone with an Engineering (and some IT) background I know that what Jega says he'll do is very feasible. Since i'm blessed with some common sense i know that Lai Mohammed is just making wild accusations.
All you do is jump on the words of every half-wit here that posts something negative about the whole process. Take your own advice and STOP.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^ You know what? You are allowed to believe what you want . . . i am good!
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by jagz: 1:08am On Feb 03, 2011
My thought line is simple despite all Jega and his team claim they intend to do after the registration exercise WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THEY WILL? How would we know if they have or haven't done so? Ward, LG, State aggregation Are these guys so competent and committed? undecided
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by Becomrichn: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
Ekiti1 , inec would not be able to know if you register more than one because the are what we call standalone system.

I have check glo network it is possible to deplore a network , that can stop multiple registration and even multiple voting.
It will cost you people money. By will need the help of glo and mtn to let me see how thier coverage area is. and if they cover nigeria. it would run on a client server solution.
Re: Acn: Inec Can’t Detect Multiple Registration by krazied(m): 7:17am On Feb 05, 2011
Boy i can believe so called educated nigerians can't even understand the basics of fingerprint technology

First every human being has a distinct print as in no two persons in any way have the same fingerprint hence why the security forces around the world use it as a means of identification and courts of law prosecute people based on just it. So how can you even imagine that any two distinct prints can be missed not to talk of the whole TEN HABA Nigerians.

Secondly querying a database with any query languge is so easy that any computer student could write a code for it no mater how big the database is, finding something in it is a snap, and to think you all use google everyday what do you think it is. Just a search engine riding the internet, the largest database in the world and bringing you results within seconds, so why can't jega do the same for what just over 60 million nigerians?

You need to think befor you talk or in this case post, i could state more examples butressing my points but if you havent got it yet you probably won't so i'll stop wastinng my time and just move on.

Oh and one last thing i wrote my project a programm for a finger print scanner, to store, retrieve, compare and match prints so yes i know what am saying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua Threatens To Curse Everyone Who Questions His Words - See More At: Htt / See Why Nigeria May Remain Stagnant For Years / Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.