Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In (999 Views)

Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse / Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / No Nigerian Prophet Or Pastor Is Qualified To Receive Your Tithes - Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
This thread is for prophets and prophetess and about prophecies.
I am a PROPHET and EXHORTER and as a prophet
we are gifted to help others and the kingdom of God, not to enrich ourselves.
When you use your gift in the right way, all others materials things will be added.
Patience is all you need. As long as you get closer to God and get right revelation. You will be needed, and as long as you are useful. Riches will come, but that shouldn't be your first priority.

If you are gifted, and you have been using this gift or intending to use your gift. I believe you can grow and learn more from others.
Determine to be different.
Though we have too many false prophets, which is just a fulfilment of Christ prophecy, it shouldn't deter you from doing what is right.

Say Hi if you are a prophet, tell us little about your gift and someone who needs your help will quote you. You may as well share some of your experiences with prophesy.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2020
Prophecy is a supernatural utterance in a know language.

PURPOSE
1 Cor. 14:3 "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to EDIFICATION, and EXHORTATION and COMFORT".

Note: Prophecy is one of the gift of the spirit. You can not prophesy without Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12: 7-11 " But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of knowledge ... TO ANOTHER PROPHECY..."
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by judedwriter(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Textra:

You are gifted to help others and the kingdom of God, not to enrich you.
When you use your gift in the right way, all others materials things will be added.
Patience is all you need. As long as you get closer to God and get right revelation. You will be needed, and as long as you are useful. Riches will come, but that shouldn't be your first priority.

If you are gifted, and you have been using this gift or intending to use your gift. I believe you can grow and learn more from others.
Though we have too many false prophets, which is just a fulfilment of Christ prophecy, it shouldn't deter you from doing what is right.

Say Hi if you are a prophet, tell us little about your gift and someone who needs your help will quote you. You may as well share some of your experiences with prophesy.

You aren't going to easily find people with prophetic gifts on a forum like this. It's a nice try though.

The gift of prophecy is not given to everyone but we all can access prophesies by the Holy Spirit.

One way is to live a lifestyle of praising God. The more you praise God, the more He speaks to you.

It's not easy though, but as one persists, you will access God's voice easier.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Minsk24: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2020
Oga u guys are blindfolded by religion.. We have no idea about the spiritualities in africa, that's why gifted folks like you do not know how to harness your prowess...
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2020
judedwriter:

You aren't going to easily find people with prophetic gifts on a forum like this. It's a nice try though.

The gift of prophecy is not given to everyone but we all can access prophesies by the Holy Spirit.

One way is to live a lifestyle of praising God. The more you praise God, the more He speaks to you.

Thank you so much for your contribution, you nailed it.

Even if we have just one or two prophets here, it is enough for this community.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2020
The likes of Elijah, Samuel and Moses stood in the gap for their generation. Just one READY, YIELDING and HUNGRY vessel is all that God needs.
How beautiful it will be if God find that one. That person that will be the voice of this generation. Standing against all odds, hearing the voice of God, and speaking the heart of God.
Brothers and Sister, this is a call, to draw close to the well of water. We are tired of motivational preaching, science talks, fables and bible expository that doesn't reveal the power of God, which has turn Christianity to a joke. When there is no supernatural, there is nothing to call Christianity. Some has turn God to past, and offered hope because of their lack of power. God is meant to be a solution not a mere hope.
We can't keep talking about God who is powerful only in the Bible, but powerless in our time. We need people who will yield themselves to harness this majestic and magnificent power once again. God is the same, but we haven't seek him enough to tap from the power of old. God never dies, his Spirit liveth.
Our desire shouldn't be to speak or preach the word, but to preach with power. Jesus Christ preach with authority and power which amazes people, and signs followed. The source of his authority was Holy Spirit, which he receives before ever stepping out.
This is not a call for all, but a call for you.
Are you ready?
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2020
Minsk24:
Oga u guys are blindfolded by religion.. We have no idea about the spiritualities in africa, that's why gifted folks like you do not know how to harness your prowess...

Look, I am neither a religious person,nor am i affiliated to any church or movement.
I am so happy you are unhappy about the state of things in Africa.
God gave us brain and resources it is left for us to harness it to benefit our lives in Africa. Do not blame God for what we are supposed to do.
We can not all be Engineer, Pastor, Doctor, Lawyers, Musician, OAP. We all have our own destiny and freedom to chose. Go to America and UK today we have lot of professionals, yet we have pastors as well with thousands of congregation. All fields is flourishing. We tend to blame Africa backwardness on religion, whereas we are not as religious as Americans. It is just that some of their leaders are accountable, doing well and other sectors are functioning properly.
That some of our religious leaders has failed us doesn't mean, others should boycott or forget about their calling.
We must all rise to change the way things are done. Nothing we change until we have people who are ready to be the catalyst.
Wherever you find yourself, any sector: be the voice of change and things we get better. Blame will lead us no where, moreover you can't stop religion. Naturally human tends to believes in something, especially supernatural being.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kenneth4u205(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2020
Hi I'm a fake prophet

1 Like

Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Minsk24: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Textra:

Look, I am neither a religious person,nor am i affiliated to any church or movement.
I am so happy you are unhappy about the state of things in Africa.
God gave us brain and resources it is left for us to harness it to benefit our lives in Africa. Do not blame God for what we are supposed to do.
We can not all be Engineer, Pastor, Doctor, Lawyers, Musician, OAP. We all have our own destiny and freedom to chose. Go to America and UK today we have lot of professionals, yet we have pastors as well with thousands of congregation. All fields is flourishing. We tend to blame Africa backwardness on religion, whereas we are not as religious as Americans. It is just that some of their leaders are accountable, doing well and other sectors are functioning properly.
That some of our religious leaders has failed us doesn't mean, others should boycott or forget about their calling.
We must all rise to change the way things are done. Nothing we change until we have people who are ready to be the catalyst.
Wherever you find yourself, any sector: be the voice of change and things we get better. Blame will lead us no where, moreover you can't stop religion. Naturally human tends to believes in something, especially supernatural being.

Oga you misunderstood me... I referred to the gift of prophecy when i talked about not harnessing prowess...
What i mean is this...
Due to religion, Africans have demonized their heritage and most Africans have little or no info about the spiritual things going around them because we have all clinged to religion..
People who have the gift of prophecy will run to the church and get themselves indoctrinated into a different thing and start prophecying rubbish... Things we call juju here are part of our heritage and what our extra terrestrial creators left for us but we dont have any info about it..
People dream and it comes tru but they don't know how they can harness things like this instead of running to church..
Thats my point.. Our African heritage has bn decimated by religion

1 Like

Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Minsk24:

Oga you misunderstood me... I referred to the gift of prophecy when i talked about not harnessing prowess...
What i mean is this...
Due to religion, Africans have demonized their heritage and most Africans have little or no info about the spiritual things going around them because we have all clinged to religion..
People who have the gift of prophecy will run to the church and get themselves indoctrinated into a different thing and start prophecying rubbish... Things we call juju here are part of our heritage and what our extra terrestrial creators left for us but we dont have any info about it..
People dream and it comes tru but they don't know how they can harness things like this instead of running to church..

Oh! Now I get you.
But here, we are talking about prophecy inspired by God's spirit, Holy Spirit. Pure, undiluted flow of the Spirit. It is different from spiritism or juju. Thank you.
I will talk more about that later.
Prophecy is a big topic, one must be careful.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Minsk24: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Textra:

Oh! Now I get you.
But here, we are talking about prophecy inspired by God's spirit, Holy Spirit. Pure, undiluted flow of the Spirit. It is different from spiritism or juju. Thank you.

Exactly, this said holy spirit prophecies is mostly delusions incured from indoctrination..
The seventh day Adventist pastor will receive prophecies recommending the sabbath and condeming Sunday worship, pentecostal prophets will receive prophecies condemning worship of mary by catholics..
The discrepancies in Christianity points to the fact that most prophecies said to be induced by holy spirits stemm from the doctrines followed by the prophet..
If u wanna get real prophecies, its from those prophets who still call God and mask their acts with Christianity.. U will see that they engage in some form of spiritism to get this outer dimensional knowledge...
I ve seen instance where a said Christian prophet asked my family to buy so many things like specific plants, oils, (there is even some stores selling materials dedicated for use of things like this) sand, animals e.t.c, these are the kinds folks that claim to be Christians but they use some form of means to get info, these are the things we africans need to know..
The main pastors of today are not there just by using the Bible, they know what they are doin behind to get their guidance... That is why u see their message and doctrine varies despite all of them claiming to be in contact with the same holy spirit..
So many people use olive oil as a spiritual stuff, do u know if that oil has some more qualities that could be harnessed alongside our spiritism to create something? These are questions we need to start asking
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by coputa(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Textra:

Oh! Now I get you.
Many hear from infinite sources for prophesy and solutionr right from their birth or at a particular time in their life,most of them dont go to places of worship,are these powers not from God.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by coputa(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Minsk24:

What i mean is this...
Africans have killed their traditional heritage.prophesy is a gift from an infinite source to help humanity.the few that has the gift were discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
Textra:

You are gifted to help others and the kingdom of God, not to enrich you.

You do know that the gift of prophesy has nothing to do with what your so-called Pastors/GOs teach you in your church houses? undecided
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by coputa(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
judedwriter:

A prophet can be found anywhere,even among unbelievers,prophesy is a gift barring your location,age or social status.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by judedwriter(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
coputa:
A prophet can be found anywhere,even among unbelievers,prophesy is a gift barring your location,age or social status.

Normally, I would have kept quiet, but because I know this is a wide forum where many consult, I have to say this:

A prophet is someone who has the office and gifts of a seer of God. They are God's spokespersons. God reveals deep truths and secrets to the prophets.

Not everyone is called to be a prophet, just as not everyone is called to be a pastor although we see many pastors these days.

Prophesies are free to all, because we all have the Holy Spirit, who is the main source of prophecy, but not everyone is called to function in the office of a prophet.

A prophet is a person specially called by God to speak on God's behalf.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Minsk24: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
coputa:
Africans have killed their traditional heritage.prophesy is a gift from an infinite source to help humanity.the few that has the gift were discouraged.

Thanks for adding your insights bro
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
coputa:
Many hear from infinite sources for prophesy and solutionr right from their birth or at a particular time in their life,most of them dont go to places of worship,are these powers not from God.

Not all power/miracle is related to God. You must learn to discern.
Hearing voices or seeing vision can be like a natural gift, that devil can hijack. My father is a good example, but he has no relationship with God. Which cause his untimely death. If you are gifted, you must draw close to God, to fulfil your purpose or else. It will end in tears and ruin.
You see lot of people have this gift, started using it, without knowledge.
It is not enough to have gift. You must learn to control what you have under the submission to God. This is the major issues for the so called prophets today.
Most are gifted, but the lack of connection with God, ignorance of divine timing, disobedience push them to herbalist or garment church where they are dedicated to add things one shouldn't be talking about in public.

Gift is not a direct means out of poverty.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
judedwriter:

Normally, I would have kept quiet, but because I know this is a wide forum where many consult, I have to say this:

A prophet is someone who has the office and gifts of a seer of God. They are God's spokespersons. God reveals deep truths and secrets to the prophets.

Not everyone is called to be a prophet, just as not everyone is called to be a pastor although we see many pastors these days.

Prophesies are free to all, because we all have the Holy Spirit, who is the main source of prophecy, but not everyone is called to function in the office of a prophet.

Brother, you took the word out of my mouth. This is actually my next post.
You have explained well.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
FORETELLING VS. FORTH TELLING

The difference between the gift of prophecy and the prophetic office.

Details later.
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
judedwriter:

Moses was not a seer. Many of the prophets were not seers either lipsrsealed
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2020
T
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2020
J
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Textra(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Update later
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Willy7(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
I'm yet to see anyone indicate being a prophet in the post so far, not even the Op admitted to be one, instead it has degenerated to banter and arguments concerning the prophetic. Please I for one is not about the definition or job of the Prophet, I actually came in to see if there were prophets here for real,but disappointed so far.
So let me know when one shows up,i have some questions and stuffs I'll like to ask him or her. Thanks
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Willy7:
I'm yet to see anyone indicate being a prophet in the post so far, not even the Op admitted to be one, instead it has degenerated to banter and arguments concerning the prophetic. Please I for one is not about the definition or job of the Prophet, I actually came in to see if there were prophets here for real,but disappointed so far.
So let me know when one shows up,i have some questions and stuffs I'll like to ask him or her. Thanks
I am a prophet! grin
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Willy7(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am a prophet! grin
Even your moniker has told me the type of prophet you are, so don't worry, I'm not one of your brethren. Thanks
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Willy7:
Even your moniker has told me the type of prophet you are, so don't worry, I'm not one of your brethren. Thanks
Well, your loss! undecided
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Willy7(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Well, your loss! undecided
My gain.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Willy7(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Willy7:
Going through some of your comments in the religious section, I feel you can be given a benefit of the doubt, but not as a prophet though. In that case, how do I get the question across to you because it's personal and not for public view? Thanks
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Willy7(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am a prophet! grin
Going through some of your comments in the religious section, I feel you can be given a benefit of the doubt, but not as a prophet though. In that case, how do I get the question across to you because it's personal and not for public view? Thanks
Re: Are You A Prophet Or Need A Prophet: Come In by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Willy7:
I am a prophet but not an oracle. I can tell you what Jesus Christ says you should do.
You can email me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? / It's Not A War Against Black People Its A War Against God And His People / I Picked A #50 Sacrifice Money.will Something Bad Happen To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.