Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre (7035 Views)

Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / IPOB Dissociates Itself From Biafra National Guard (BNG) / Benin Oppressing Esan: Now I Understand Why Kanu Want Everyone In Biafra[video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Jajaslim: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pls skip tribalism, this is history, learn and ask questions if you have

A lot of people have ignored the atrocities of the Biafran soldiers on the Niger delta ethnic groups during the Nigeria vs Biafran civil war because they rejected Biafra due to the awful experience they already had with the igbo leadership during the old Eastern region govt dominated by the Igbo.

We celebrate this every year just like the Ikwerre people have a similar celebration every 1st October annually.

Go To Niger Abonnema 50th Liberation Day Video Interview Footages

Go To Niger is an annual celebration in the Kalabari Ijaw town of Abonnema to commemorate How Biafran Troops massacred and Evicted Ijaw people in many Ijaw towns like Abonnema and Bakana during the Nigeria Vs Biafra Civil War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8tSrnWSY0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Blackking98(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lol
Issok
Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by kingzizzy: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Im not sure what there is to celebrate? The same people are still been massacred all over Nigeria and their resources have been stolen. How can someone be celebrating jumping from the pan into the fire?

In the same Nigeria, they are been killed by herdsmen, Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants. In the same Nigeria, their Oil and has wealth have been stolen

This is just a celebration of poverty and enslavement

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by iTroll: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
kingzizzy:
Im not sure what there is to celebrate? The same people are still been massacred all over Nigeria and their resources have been stolen. How can someone be celebrating jumping from the pan into the fire?
This is history not another tribal war or mudslinging topic.
Your brain must be dirty brown in colour.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by uniqueboi1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
That's why we can never trust igbos. Una get luck no be now. Na run una go dae run go osisioma ihiala etc nonsense people.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by OfoIgbo: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:
That's why we can never trust igbos. Una get luck no be now. Na run una go dae run go osisioma ihiala etc nonsense people.

Hahahaha grin grin

You remind me of Ken Saro Wiwa, that was killed and disposed of, by his "liberators"

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Jajaslim: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Hahahaha grin grin

You remind me of Ken Saro Wiwa, that was killed and disposed of, by his "liberators"

We have not forgotten, and that doesn’t mean we will forget what we went through in the hands of the Biafra soldiers who killed our men and raped our women not only Rivers state, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers also have their own side of the story when you do your research.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
That's even one part of it.

Let's go back and ask questions about what happened to the Hausa communities living in the eastern region after the pogrom in the North.

Do your research and what you will find will bring tears to your eyes. I guarantee it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by muykem: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Igbo far worst than Fulani if given opportunity. Have you ever critically listened to Biafra agitators, they only talk about south south when it's comes to Biafra map.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by sageb: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Boro-Ijaw , Saro wiwa -Ogoni and Elechi Amadi- Ikwerre were right for crushing biafran soldiers out of Rivers state. We are grateful to governor Diete spiff for reclaiming our state from those rebels.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by uniqueboi1(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Hahahaha grin grin

Go to ogoni and tell them that one.
I wish you good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by uniqueboi1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
sageb:
Boro-Ijaw , Saro wiwa -Ogoni and Elechi Amadi- Ikwerre were right for crushing biafran soldiers out of Rivers state. We are grateful to governor Diete spiff for reclaiming our state from those rebels.

It remains the mop up presently. They are still having hope to claim Port Harcourt.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by WorWorBoy3: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Jajaslim:
Pls skip tribalism, this is history, learn and ask questions if you have

A lot of people have ignored the atrocities of the Biafran soldiers on the Niger delta ethnic groups during the Nigeria vs Biafran civil war because they rejected Biafra due to the awful experience they already had with the igbo leadership during the old Eastern region govt dominated by the Igbo.

We celebrate this every year just like the Ikwerre people have a similar celebration every 1st October annually.

Go To Niger Abonnema 50th Liberation Day Video Interview Footages

Go To Niger is an annual celebration in the Kalabari Ijaw town of Abonnema to commemorate How Biafran Troops massacred and Evicted Ijaw people in many Ijaw towns like Abonnema and Bakana during the Nigeria Vs Biafra Civil War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8tSrnWSY0
Ok.Where are you from?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by OfoIgbo: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
Jajaslim:

We have not forgotten, and that doesn’t mean we will forget what we went through in the hands of the Biafra soldiers who killed our men and raped our women not only Rivers state, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers also have their own side of the story when you do your research.

You can take that matter up with the Biafran Chief of General Staff, who every armed force of Biafra reports to. I am talking about Gen. Efiong

You can also report this matter to the secretary to the Biafran government, Mr. N. U Akpan, so he can raise it in their meeting.

All you SHADOWY SW almajiri monikers that think you can deceive me. Sir Wilink has already exposed your ways some years before that war. Propaganda won't help you

First of all, how can these major miniroties in the Biafran government sanction the killing of minorities?

Anyway, no SW presidential candidate will be supported by the SE/SS alliance. You can go and die

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Goodmarlian: 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
Topics like this are becoming stale, we don hear all we want now is an Igbo only BiAfra South South can keep their oyel,I will denounce my biafran citizenship if I see any south south state In our map..we can do it alone. wink

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by LukasPodolski: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Someone from Anioma once said Igbos are the "wrongest" people to associate with, nawa oooo

See as everyone dey reject Ndigbos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by JaffyJoe(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
Interesting thread lol. May the souls of the departed find peace. Too many history has been rewritten in this geographical space.
Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Odingo1: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Celebrating nonsense, look at their environment.

They are lying to please the Fulanis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Lazycyndy(f): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Someone from Anioma once said Igbos are the "wrongest" people to associate with, nawa oooo

See as everyone dey reject Ndigbos

I am sure you forgot at that moment to remind her that Kaduna Nzeogwu the leader of the so called "igbo coup" was from anioma.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by NwaAro: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
sageb:
And this is how those Niger delta heroes ended up, ironically grin
Isaac Boro-according to the Izon sourced he wasted by Adekunle after all his noble efforts to "Liberate" his people, I'm sure he will be regretting why he wasted his youth and if you may misguided enthusiasm fighting for a nation have stolen all the wealth of his people to develop Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna etc and left his people in the throes of degradable poverty and environmental biohazards, poverty and waste... and oh, need I mention the infamous Odi massacre where a Yoruba commander-in-chief gave the order for the army to reduce his (Isaac Boro's people) to rubbles and waste... Izon women and girls raped wrecklessly by Aboki soldiers while the men were reduced to bullet ridden cadavers.

Saro Wiwa- well we all know how he ended, I'm glad he was able to apologize to Ojukwu before he danced on the hangman's ropes along with his men, a Northerner wasted him.

Elechi Amadi- another Isaac Boro case only that he didn't meet his untimely death in the heat of war unlike the other.. fought for the "liberation" of his Ikwerre people, bears an Igbo name but somehow insist he has no Igbo DNA in him... stuff of comedy but we digress, he ended up tendering leaving the army after serving a short stint with the Federal army, wrote some decent novels here and there but was never anywhere close to the prolific and decorated writer like his counterparts like Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Soyinka, JP Clark etc... lived a quite solitary and quiet life till his death, outside of his novel classic "The concubine"...nobody remembers Elechi for anything impressive. And I'm sure he didn't die a happy man with the condition of a messed up country he fought for.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by NwaAro: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
When will Nigeria and Yoruba pigs apologize for the massacre of my people in Asaba? The Asaba massacre was arguably the singular most brutal and savage act of pure genocide of the entire war... we innocently came out en masse to welcome the Federal troops just to avoid trouble, we danced and waved animatedly with our Akwa ochas (white cloths)... yet the Nigerian army under Colonel Taiwo (a Yoruba officer) gave the order for his men to surround and machine-gun nearly thousands of unarmed men, women and children who innocently welcomed them... we too shall never forget.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by plessis: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
For 2 weeks now, I have sensed an agenda aimed at setting the igbos and ikwerres against themselves.

Nairalanders should be wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by LukasPodolski: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lazycyndy:

I am sure you forgot at that moment to remind her that Kaduna Nzeogwu the leader of the so called "igbo coup" was from anioma.
how is that my business?
Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by LukasPodolski: 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
come and give us excuse to what your Enueni or whatever people said here...

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/stop-dragging-us-into-biafra-anioma-people-of-delta-tell-agitators/

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by Lazycyndy(f): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

how is that my business?

Well it should be since they were the ones that started this nonsense in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by LukasPodolski: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lazycyndy:

Well it should be since they were the ones that started this nonsense in the first place.
Aunty Cindy, tell us why every ethnic groups don't like Igbos, Are they afraid of Igbo domination?(as u guys always say)

if you think my assertion above is not true, then let us know your allies...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre by sageb: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
NwaAro:

And this is how those Niger delta heroes ended up, ironically grin
Isaac Boro-according to the Izon sourced he wasted by Adekunle after all his noble efforts to "Liberate" his people, I'm sure he will be regretting why he wasted his youth and if you may misguided enthusiasm fighting for a nation have stolen all the wealth of his people to develop Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna etc and left his people in the throes of degradable poverty and environmental biohazards, poverty and waste... and oh, need I mention the infamous Odi massacre where a Yoruba commander-in-chief gave the order for the army to reduce his (Isaac Boro's people) to rubbles and waste... Izon women and girls raped wrecklessly by Aboki soldiers while the men were reduced to bullet ridden cadavers.

Saro Wiwa- well we all know how he ended, I'm glad he was able to apologize to Ojukwu before he danced on the hangman's ropes along with his men, a Northerner wasted him.

Elechi Amadi- another Isaac Boro case only that he didn't meet his untimely death in the heat of war unlike the other.. fought for the "liberation" of his Ikwerre people, bears an Igbo name but somehow insist he has no Igbo DNA in him... stuff of comedy but we digress, he ended up tendering leaving the army after serving a short stint with the Federal army, wrote some decent novels here and there but was never anywhere close to the prolific and decorated writer like his counterparts like Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Soyinka, JP Clark etc... lived a quite solitary and quiet life till his death, outside of his novel classic "The concubine"...nobody remembers Elechi for anything impressive. And I'm sure he didn't die a happy man with the condition of a messed up country he fought for.
what are you trying to prove ? Boro, saro wiwa and Amadi died as heroes of our people and are celebrated every year unlike philip effiong and co who are not celebrated. We love these men for standing for Rivers people. We love Boro so much that our freedom park was named Isaac Boro park. We love saro wiwa so much that our state poly was renamed ken saro wiwa polytechnic. We love Amadi so much that our RIVCAS was renamed captain Elechi Amadi polytechnic. Finally, we love the number one crusher of biafrans, Gowon so much that our liberation stadium was renamed yakubu Gowon stadium. Biafrans should continue wailing, our stance about them have not change.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

They Don See Sanwo Olu Finish. (picture) / The True Omoleye Sowore "The Owner Of Sahara Reporters" / Donald Trump Insults Biafrans On Twitter - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.