Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,770 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (41908 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Anambra = Culture
We hear you, Your Highness!
What else should we put o? Minister if Culture cheesy cheesy

Say something else.
Next time limit it on how to cook your village soup and stop the generalisation.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

It is okay. Now it adds up, I am so not spiritual.
grin grin
I wonder when I go learn how to cook like this.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
olóbè ló loko.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Say something else.

Next time limit it on how to cook your village soup and stop the generalisation.

You are still talking nonsense.

OGILI IS OPTIONAL! If you like, knack your head for wall. grin

Heartlessbanker:
I wonder when I go learn how to cook like this.

I totally forgot to tag you. Would do that henceforth. Just follow my simple guide.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
DeckXavier:
no wonder she's ignoring you, you're just being irrational.
Just kindly note that anambra state isn't in your league.
Nope, don't go that far. I ignored her cos I didn't see that as an issue though I replied Jon for reasons best known to me.

Nobody is above anybody. What you are doing is what fulani people are doing to the rest of us and we condemn it. Common, this is petty.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

I totally forgot to tag you. Would do that henceforth. Just follow my simple guide.
Thank you ma...
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
VickyRotex:
How did this innocent food thread turn into a cultural war? shocked cry cry
....I tire my sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by noisy45(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
sassysure:

Point of correction, my post didn't project so. It merely explained why to my understanding most anambra men are the way they are or ngwa men. You guys should carry your tribalistic nonsense and shift from here.
I am from anambra, u can kill yourself.
What nonsense!
And the person I directed the post to was for a reason I choose not to go into( would have developed it further if not for I too know people like you)

And yes, if not for them and aba people( check your history well beyond ipob) igboland would have been overun by the north. I speak with facts not sentiments. So, yes, with their gragra, they are still shielding us from all the parasites that want to devour us.

Ask about any riot in the north against igbo people who dey carry the reprisal attack for head? When it starts it aba or onitsha, that's when the north will know how to call their people to order. Aba is even worst.
Mtcheew.

I love my anambra abacha, any problem with that?
That is my choice. Make your, will you?
Hian!

Anambra where women beat drums and blow flute while there men dance to it

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Amotekun777: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Stupid food eaten by savage pple.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by DeeMain(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

It is not hard to take corrections.

Coming here to tell us that ogili is optional is outright Ignorance and you said it is common to east but deceiving the audience.

Sometimes , I wonder if you guys have any atom of culture at all?

Dude, what's your problem na? Ogili/ogiri is optional for many Igbos, especially non-Anambrarians. Some will never use it to cook, no matter what. Haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by baby124: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Cooking it with Achi looks like a healthier alternative For me. Though I am sure it won’t taste the same. I have tried Achi though... it’s an interesting ingredient. cheesy. It’s a good thickener.

I like palm nut soup but make una chop any palm nut soup like once a month to preserve your heart o. We are no longer farmers, so you can’t burn these fats as efficiently as is expected.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
TheArchangel:
Down the Memory Lane, ma'am.
Nostalgic feelings kiss

Aaawww I know right?
I gave myself some major nostalgia too with the post.
You are welcome kiss
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
God1stson:

U are confirmed Ojebeogene man OFE MPOTO IS DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS BUT HAS GONE EXTINCT.AS THOSE SOUP NA WETIN THEY MAKE OLD PPLE THEN NO DO SICK ANYHOW

I am a woman though, lol.
I see I awakened your love for mpoto.
Glad I did then, and cheers!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Amotekun777: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
sassysure:

Point of correction, my post didn't project so. It merely explained why to my understanding most anambra men are the way they are or ngwa men. You guys should carry your tribalistic nonsense and shift from here.
I am from anambra, u can kill yourself.
What nonsense!
And the person I directed the post to was for a reason I choose not to go into( would have developed it further if not for I too know people like you)

And yes, if not for them and aba people( check your history well beyond ipob) igboland would have been overun by the north. I speak with facts not sentiments. So, yes, with their gragra, they are still shielding us from all the parasites that want to devour us.

Ask about any riot in the north against igbo people who dey carry the reprisal attack for head? When it starts it aba or onitsha, that's when the north will know how to call their people to order. Aba is even worst.
Mtcheew.

I love my anambra abacha, any problem with that?
That is my choice. Make your, will you?
Hian!

Ibo pple... always displaying foolishness.

Awon omo iran kiran!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Kemimarch16(f): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
My mouth is watery for it
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
omokoginimi:
What’s Ogili and Ede? Please let’s speak English

We really, honestly shouldn’t.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
baby124:
Cooking it with Achi looks like a healthier alternative For me. Though I am sure it won’t taste the same. I have tried Achi though... it’s an interesting ingredient. cheesy. It’s a good thickener.

I like palm nut soup but make una chop any palm nut soup like once a month to preserve your heart o. We are no longer farmers, so you can’t burn these fats as efficiently as is expected.

Yes, achi is lighter. The quantity of palm fruit is not enough to cause any major concern. Half cup of palm fruit cannot give you a bottle of palm oil. It just has a more uniform colour and taste. Sometimes you don’t wanna gamble with choice of oil too. So many bad oil in the market.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by FloraEC(f): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
And that's how they want biafra. Laugh in mysterious power.
Soup fight, smh

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by mrkings84(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Some girls can still get all these ingredients and even more and by the time the soup is ready, someone will still be asking what kind of soup it is they were eating cos the taste would have been something odd.....

They will never wanna learn, they prefer shawarma and pizzas!!!
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by baby124: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Yes, achi is lighter. The quantity of palm fruit is not enough to cause any major concern. Half cup of palm fruit cannot give you a bottle of palm oil. It just has a more uniform colour and taste. Sometimes you don’t wanna gamble with choice of oil too. So many bad oil in the market.
True. But palm oil clogs the pores and arteries. I know how I break out in pimples after eating banga straight from the palm nut more than once. I will try the receipe though and get back on my review. The issue is getting the right leaves.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
merahki:

We really, honestly shouldn’t.
we shouldn’t speak English? Then you’ll have to take this to Biafra.com
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by fyneboi79(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Nwanneni/Logobenz, if I wanted to hook someone here, you would have been one of my first victims. You offered yourself on a platter and I didn’t even have to boil water to have you in that spot. Stay your lane...

I am not single. Thanks
I only wanted to wish you a husband better than the best because you surely deserve one. I have seen your calm responses long before today when my emotions caved in to aknowledge the beauties you possess. Kids are all around saying trash about your good deeds and marriage.. please ignore them. I'm personally not cut out for marriage,but I sense a good woman when I read her words. Be good and keep loving yourself because personally I haven't read any posts from a female better than yours here.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
zmpp:

You can only deceive people who do not know you. Rainbow with seven colours, weeping silently and smiling loudly.You can only attract my high quality kind of husband in your dreams.

I am not interested in attracting your kind of horseband. That would mean my man is not unique and complete, which is not true.

There is no one that doesn’t know me.
Poco; Chief feminist, man-hater, olosho, menopausal, fat, ugly...

And hunting for a NL diasporan horseband.

Is there anything I missed, sweet Zmpp? Calm down, all the men on NL are for you. I have no single plan of hooking any.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Young lady next time tag your state as state the procedure on how you guys prepare such..

Stop dragging others in mud with culture less tendencies...

Don't generalise others into what you can't defend.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by perdollar(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
I was once a great cook
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Amotekun777:

Ibo pple... always displaying foolishness.

Awon omo iran kiran!
Gerarahia

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Vikelo1212: 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:
Oha soup known as ofe oha is a soup native to the Eastern people of Nigeria.

So, I will advise Pic 1, never Pic 2.

Yes o. Fresh Oha looks limp and pale. Also beware of Oha ocha (fair Oha) and Oha oji (dark ones).
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Continue which hunt? I have told you I have someone. Why is it eating you up Nwanneni? For someone who claims to be in a better place, why messaging me and stalking me online.

I have caught one and you know how many days you used trying to convince me you are better. Leave me and my height na!! grin grin
Convince ke?Eating who up? undecided
I go leave business come dey worry about who your imagination want marry?
E just some things weh person don big pass,like I for clear your doubt.
Goodluck with your hunt like I said,I'm out.
Enjoy.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
baby124:

True. But palm oil clogs the pores and arteries. I know how I break out in pimples after eating banga straight from the palm nut more than once. I will try the receipe though and get back on my review. The issue is getting the right leaves.

Sorry about that. Reduce the quantity. Use half cup of fresh palm fruits and let’s see how it goes. I don’t know where you stay, but if in Nigeria, you’ll get the leaves in major markets. Just check on those Igbo traders, that is for people outside the SE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / Please Recommend A Good Freezer Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.