Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (41823 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by omooba969(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Damn!! Anything they eat/do is the standard. I have not met up to 7 Anambra people without this attitude.

They can be interestingly irritating at times and are never fazed by such nauseating behaviour.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by DarkJeddi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
omooba969:

You're contradicting yourself, why does the leaf have to be hard?
Am not contradicting myself..

The leave is naturally very soft and will become uneatable and literally dissolve in the soup if not picked and dried in the Sun a little..

The amount of dryness depends on the Cook and you must have eaten a very dry one..
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by klever18(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
mrs peacefull come and see your kinda thread
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by egojeny1(f): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Akpuoru:
Oha soup, my favorite and my daughter's too. Ogiri CANNOT be optional please, it has to be there.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by omooba969(m): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:

Poco, wait until you hear them talk about Ebonyi indigenes. You will cover your ears

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Aguemma(m): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
My love for Oha soup with fufu no be here
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
ednut1:
so you be ibo. How i go take afford bride price like this grin
Bride price abi marriage listcheesy
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by ofiko123(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nice one...I love Oha soup..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by omooba969(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Am not contradicting myself..

The leave is naturally very soft and will become uneatable and literally dissolve in the soup if not picked and dried in the Sun a little..

The amount of dryness depends on the Cook and you must have eaten a very dry one..

I get your drift.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:

Poco, wait until you hear them talk about Ebonyi indigenes. You will cover your ears

Lmao. I was talking with a friend the other day. I told him if Biafra ever happens, e sure me say Ebonyi people no go follow us. They can’t be enslaved twice in a row. Me sef no go follow, because wetin Anambra people go do all of us, na the same thing wey Northerners dey do Nigeria. grin

truthsayer009:

None of my concern oh, but you are right. From one oppression to another, humans will never be free from oppression cheesy

Even in Yoruba land, if Tinubu dies for example, you would think Yorubas would be free right? Ghen Ghen. A new oppressor will arise who will be even far worse.

We can only pick the lesser evil. I choose to stay in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Akpuoru: 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Ogiri IS optional
I've never eaten oha soup without ogiri. Ogiri bu isi ofe

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Honestly Sassy, your people are one of the reasons I will never support Biafra. It is going to be like frying pan to fire.

Anambra people will choke the rest of SE states with their oversabi and supremacist mindset. Always acting like their way is the perfect and only way. Everywhere they enter, you must know they are there!! Jeez!
cheesy cheesy
Oh goodness me cheesy cheesy
Majority are not like that kiss
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Bahamas95(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Okiibe(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
So, Pocohantas, you have taste for good things like this grin
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by jodababa(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
FloraEC:

Maybe you didn't buy original ogiri. Ogiri is spiritual, the smell is ahhh dunno how to describe it, the taste nkọ inside ọha soup tongue tongue hulala. I even taste mine before adding to the soup grin. I don't buy the already wrapped ogiri, I go for the one they measure aka nke nkonye tongue
When yellow pepper and enough crayfish is added. Ụka agbasa (church dismissed)

Oha soup without akwụ, ede and ogiri is not ọha. Achị, grounded cocoyam, quaker oat should not serve as thickener ooo
I prefer ọha to onugbu

*drops mic*
You're a legend

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
egojeny1:
Poco, well done. I can see you like cooking just like me.

I noticed you didn't add uziza leaves, i normally add few uziza leaves in mine and when combined with ogiri eeh, you'll sell all your belongings. Lol

I also cut my oha leaves with hand, i learnt that if you use knife it'll be bitter. Is that true?
I can see you didn't cut yours @ all.

Nice one

Uziza is there. I added uziza leaves.

It is a myth, I have never cut with knives but I know people who have done that and nothing happened. I would still not try it though.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by FloraEC(f): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:
I’m almost crying at this description cry

The ọha picz brought out the Ogiri description spirit in me tongue

I can't eat ọha outside, I keep asking myself, did this people use akwụ or ede.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy cheesy
Oh goodness me cheesy cheesy
Majority are not like that kiss

Oh majority are. You can take a survey round other SE states to know what they think about your people. Especially your men. I can run into a truck while avoiding an Anambra man. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:

Their superiority is second to none.
Always claiming other igbos are beneath them undecided
but it's the truth.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by airminem(f): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
I lie? Make u read through the comments if people no yarn shii for the matter
omooba969:

U fit cook so?
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Afrikween(f): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Ogiri igbo is not optional o.... it's importanta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Ebhod20(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Here is the video clips for easiest way to make the soup pls subscribe to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYdvicnkZy4
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by FloraEC(f): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
ursullalinda:

We are together on this.......don't know what the achi might taste like thou but I have never used it.
Heard it thicken soup and also darken it. Dunno if it's true, never used

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by doggedfighter(f): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I was talking with a friend the other day. I told him if Biafra ever happens, e sure me say Ebonyi people no go follow us. They can’t be enslaved twice in a row. Me sef no go follow, because wetin Anambra people go do all of us, na the same thing wey Northerners dey do Nigeria. grin

We can only pick the lesser evil. I choose to stay in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

I no follow them too. grin grin
Is it not here that person called them the weak link in Igbo land grin grin

See how they are dragging ogiri matter with you grin not to talk of Biafra grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by egojeny1(f): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Uziza is there. I added uziza leaves.

It is a myth, I have never cut with knives but I know people who have done that and nothing happened. I would still not try it though.
Seen dear. Went back to read through.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Iceyjayz: 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartPolician:

The guy go soon ban you grin
Lol I dey wait. cheesy
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartPolician:

Do you mean that you are a serial killer?

No, I mean someone like Theconglomerate who spent ample time, begging me to chop his money and I told him I am okay with my man- Shouldn’t come online to claim I am looking for a husband.

If I was looking for man money to chop or a man to hook, I would have been done with him. I wouldn’t marry him definitely.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by zagorakis(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
i love oha soup so much, but as a young boy cooking it was a problem, the worst punishment my mother would give me was to pick oha leaves.
Nice delicacy poco.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:

I no follow them too. grin grin
Is it not here that person called them the weak link in Igbo land grin grin

See how they are dragging ogiri matter with you grin not to talk of Biafra grin

They can drag anything anything draggable. The only thing is for them to spot it, then it would be dragged. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Iceyjayz: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
DarkJeddi:
The rubbish that makes front page every day,how are they better than her threads?
That rubbish is better than this thread, she can't cook and the soup looks disgusting to me.

I've seen far more better cooks on here and they hardly make front page.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
This is my village soup. in fact we dont eat any other soup except oha. Only those of us who come In once in a while go there to cook other soups and thy hardly eat it.

In our recipe we use ukpo as thickner and those village women know how to use azu okpo to prepare it with antelope meat chaiiiii... Village people can cook. With fresh oha leaves from the tree. Every family has one or two oha trees in their compound so they always pluck the newly sprouted ones and use making the soup taste very fresh.

Cooking oha in Lagos is manage cos the leaves would have hardened and not really do justice to it.

Nice one Op.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.