Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? (2097 Views)

Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" / Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
What do you mean by reveal. Do you want to see God's face.
And be side, let me ask you this question. why did you think your husband will not allow go to another church, my guess is that, your husband's will must be done. And if your husband is like my Father, there is nothing you tell him that will make him accept. So it is. There are some things about God that you can't possibly question. it is his will, just like your husband's. You cannot change that. Do you know who God is. God is not your husband or president buhari that you can question. There are some things you cannot tell buhari to do, he won't. that is a man not to talk of the Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and Earth and everything in it. If you want evidence, that fact that you can breathe is enough evidence. Do you know how this body was formed. Or you think is the sex you did that creat human. How can a tiny little water that you can't see with your eyes produce a human. Is that not enough proof that there God. What you want is not evidence that God exist, you know God exist. You have doubt about God because of your past experiences. Please don't because of your doubt bring the wrath of God on you

Will God cease to be God if He reveals His face to humans?

My husband will not be happy if I attend another church but that does not mean that I can't ignore his unhappiness and do as I like, I'm not just interested in attending any other church except the only thing they do there is singing Gospel music.

Do you have prove that we are able to breathe because of God? No. You just believe because the Bible says it is so. THE BIBLE IS NOT A PROVE. The same applies to other examples you mentioned.

I'm not saying God is not responsible for creation of humans, ability to breathe and all that because I can't prove that. I'm only saying, if you claim that a God is responsible, THEN PROVE IT.

If you can't prove it, it means you're not different from me. We are just BELIEVING.

You believe that God created the world but you don't have generally accepted proves while I also believe that God may not have created the world but I don't have generally accepted proves.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
If you want to experience God personally, can you just with an unbiased mind go to him in prayer. pray as if you are talking to someone. Tell him to proof himself to you. only him can reveal himself to you. And do this believing

I've done that for 25 years and I'm not longer interested.

If He wants me to know Him and follow Him,, He knows what to do
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:

Just go easy with the unbeliever's freedom so you don't have a lot of regrets when you're back. Typing from experience.

When you choose God, one single backsliding and the devil will do everything possible to destroy your life before you make it back to God.

You can call it backsliding if you choose

I live a morally upright life. I try to be a good citizen of Nigeria

I even still preach the Bible to Christians if that will make them change their ways and follow the lifestyle of Christ.

I won't "make it back" to the Christian God without tangible proves that He is real. I'm tired of Bible stories
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Will God cease to be God if He reveals His face to humans?

My husband will not be happy if I attend another church but that does not mean that I can't ignore his unhappiness and do as I like, I'm not just interested in attending any other church except the only thing they do there is singing Gospel music.

Do you have prove that we are able to breathe because of God? No. You just believe because the Bible says it is so. THE BIBLE IS NOT A PROVE. The same applies to other examples you mentioned.

I'm not saying God is not responsible for creation of humans, ability to breathe and all that because I can't prove that. I'm only saying, if you claim that a God is responsible, THEN PROVE IT.

If you can't prove it, it means you're not different from me. We are just BELIEVING.

You believe that God created the world but you don't have generally accepted proves while I also believe that God may not have created the world but I don't have generally accepted proves.
I like the fact that you said we are just believing. All God want from us is to believe him even without seeing him.
Though you can go to any other church, but what am saying is your husband has is own will. So since your husband has his own will, and you don't want to make him unhappy by going against his will, why go against God's will. God will for us is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Lord Jesus Christ is no longer here on earth, so we are to believe God without seeing him. Now you want God, and when I mean God am also talking about the Lord Jesus Christ, to appear to you first before you believe him. If you respect your husband enough by sticking to his will even though might be pleasing to you(some of your husband will might be pleasing to you), why shouldn't you just respect and accept God's will by believing in him even without seeing him
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

You can call it backsliding if you choose

I live a morally upright life. I try to be a good citizen of Nigeria

I even still preach the Bible to Christians if that will make them change their ways and follow the lifestyle of Christ.

I won't "make it back" to the Christian God without tangible proves that He is real. I'm tired of Bible stories

How can you preach from the Bible, want people to follow the lifestyle of Christ and you still don't believe in the Christian God? Which lifestyle are you now preaching?

Nne, I rest my case...
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

No. You are doing it with an bias mind. And has shown in what you wrote earlier. You want God to appear to you and God want you to believe in him even without seeing him. Why don't you just love and respect God's will.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Hathor5(f): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2020
We see or don't see what we want to see or refuse to see. Once you decide to get a particular car, you will see this car everywhere. How our perception works has been shown in experiments such as the 'Invisible Gorilla'.

The phrase, "the invisible gorilla," comes from an experiment created 10 years ago to test selective attention. In it, study participants are asked to watch a video in which two teams, one in black shirts and one in white shirts, are passing a ball. The participants are told to count how many times the players in white shirts pass the ball.

Mid-way through the video, a gorilla walks through the game, stands in the middle, pounds his chest, then exits.

Then, study participants are asked, "But did you see the gorilla?" More than half the time, subjects miss the gorilla entirely. More than that, even after the participants are told about the gorilla, they're certain they couldn't have missed it.

In this sense, God can only prove himself to those who believe he exists. In the words of Zora Neale Hurston: "Gods always behave like the people who make them."
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2020
Hathor5:
We see or don't see what we want to see or refuse to see. Once you decide to get a particular car, you will see this car everywhere. How our perception works has been shown in experiments such as the 'Invisible Gorilla'.

The phrase, "the invisible gorilla," comes from an experiment created 10 years ago to test selective attention. In it, study participants are asked to watch a video in which two teams, one in black shirts and one in white shirts, are passing a ball. The participants are told to count how many times the players in white shirts pass the ball.

Mid-way through the video, a gorilla walks through the game, stands in the middle, pounds his chest, then exits.

Then, study participants are asked, "But did you see the gorilla?" More than half the time, subjects miss the gorilla entirely. More than that, even after the participants are told about the gorilla, they're certain they couldn't have missed it.

In this sense, God can only prove himself to those who believe he does. In the words of Zora Neale Hurston: "Gods always behave like the people who make them."
Thank you for this. I don't know you come to threads like this.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Hathor5(f): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
Thank you for this. I don't know you come to threads like this.

You're welcome.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 11:44am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
No. You are doing it with an bias mind. And has shown in what you wrote earlier. You want God to appear to you and God want you to believe in him even without seeing him. Why don't you just love and respect God's will.

Why can't God respect my desire.

If He appears to me, does He cease to be God?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:44am On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:

Just go easy with the unbeliever's freedom so you don't have a lot of regrets when you're back. Typing from experience.

When you choose God, one single backsliding and the devil will do everything possible to destroy your life before you make it back to God.
This is so true.
We can only pray for such people.
The devil is always happy when he sees things like this.
Jesus is Lord Forever and ever.

Ggirl4real, JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:

How can you preach from the Bible, want people to follow the lifestyle of Christ and you still don't believe in the Christian God? Which lifestyle are you now preaching?

Nne, I rest my case...

Don't mind me
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
I like the fact that you said we are just believing. All God want from us is to believe him even without seeing him.
Though you can go to any other church, but what am saying is your husband has is own will. So since your husband has his own will, and you don't want to make him unhappy by going against his will, why go against God's will. God will for us is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Lord Jesus Christ is no longer here on earth, so we are to believe God without seeing him. Now you want God, and when I mean God am also talking about the Lord Jesus Christ, to appear to you first before you believe him. If you respect your husband enough by sticking to his will even though might be pleasing to you(some of your husband will might be pleasing to you), why shouldn't you just respect and accept God's will by believing in him even without seeing him

I live with and see my husband everyday.

Have I seen God before? No

Why should I just follow the will of someone I've never seen? It's absurd Sir

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2020
post=94118403:

This is so true.
We can only pray for such people.
The devil is always happy when he sees things like this.
Jesus is Lord Forever and ever.

Ggirl4real, JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH

Don't mention

Tell Him I love Him too since He loves me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I live with and see my husband everyday.

Have I seen God before? No

Why should I just follow the will of someone I've never seen? It's absurd Sir
That is the beauty of Christianity.
You go against the will of you husband that you live and see every day, how will you obey a God that may just appear to once or few times in a year. You are just using it as an excuse. We see ourselves every day and still steal from ourselves, kill ourselves and do bad to ourselves, even if God appear to us every day, we would still disobey him. The question is not God appearing to you, the question is if we truly want to obey God. If your husband, maybe a job assignment comes up and have to leave for a year, will you still be obeying his will like you are when he is with you. My sister, leave all this filthy excuse, and take the decision for your life. Not just this life but for the eternal life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
That is the beauty of Christianity.
You go against the will of you husband that you live and see every day, how will you obey a God that may just appear to once or few times in a year. You are just using it as an excuse. We see ourselves every day and still steal from ourselves, kill ourselves and do bad to ourselves, even if God appear to us every day, we would still disobey him. The question is not God appearing to you, the question is if we truly want to obey God. If your husband, maybe a job assignment comes up and have to leave for a year, will you still be obeying his will like you are when he is with you. My sister, leave all this filthy excuse, and take the decision for your life. Not just this life but for the eternal life

Oga, you can't conclude if I will obey Him or not

Let Him appear first
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Oga, you can't conclude if I will obey Him or not

Let Him appear first
We are human beings sister. If you are waiting for God to appear to you, you may wait forever. repent from your sins and come to Christ.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
We are human beings sister. If you are waiting for God to appear to you, you may wait forever. repent from your sins and come to Christ.

I'm not a sinner so I need no repentance

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Ok.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
[sub][/sub
ggirl4real:

And that is where u make the grave, tricky mistake of PRIDE. You want to dare God? To put Him to the test to reveal himself to your satisfaction? Because you are who that he should do according to ur will and not His? Pls girl, "lean not on your own understanding, but just obey the laws God has commanded you to obey" pls , for your own good. He made all things for his pleasure and does as he PLEASES. I came to learn and accept that thru experiences. I love Him for Who he is. My darling, Do not let Satan lead u astray with your own mind, making u to think that u are a wise thinker by your own strength. Just obey the ten commandments and don't forget to 'love your God with all your might, soul and strength"
Now with thay statement u made up there, have u been loving Him with all u have got in you? If u have been doing so, then will u be tired because u have been trying to get God to show u proof, or reveal himself to you through a direct physical encounter?? You have already broken a golden rule. What if God was testing u all these years since He alteady knew your thoughts and doubts? Then u have not impressed Him! Good news is, you still have the time and breath of life to impress him. Do not worry, he knows where ur weaknesses lie. He will support you where he needs to come in. He has been doing this and that is why u are still alive and well. You just do your own part and leave Him to do his own. Do not think for Him or tell him what to do as your God. You make him feel that u do not trust him to be God that he states je very well is. God is not a man that he should ever need to lie. He doesn't need to impress us with lies or glaring signs, when he can just wipe us off the face of the earth. We on the other hand, are the ones to impress him by loving him all year round. Doubting God's existence is SIN and you know that sin makes us not receive from God the things we feel we should when we ask him. It is not enough to say that u are a believer. You must proove it with faith and actions.
Pls stop thinking that u are wise in your own frame of mind. As a true christian, I care enough about yyou not to ignore this thread and see you ignorantly walk in darkness without being aware of it (pls it's not an insult dear). My conscience is convicted to try in my own little way to give u the truth in d form of encouragement and advice.

Ok, fine, if u claim for 25 years u knew him and u didn't get a sign, then u lack patience and selfless love for God. Your love has condition attached, don't u see it now?? Ok, What of Abraham and others who only heard from God when they were already past the age of 50 ? What will u say about this? Are u better or wiser than they were? No u are not, dear.
PLS, RETRACE YOUR STEPS AND RUN BACK TO CHRIST. Trust me, i have lived life more than you have. I have done it all and i have seen things that were spiritual in nature which told me that there had to be a God. I have dreams and they come to past. I get warnings, rebukes and i see them manifest in reality. Pls , drop whatever u think you know and Humble your sweet self and calm your mind plsss and go back to the bible with an open heart. Unless u just enjoy living in sin?? Well, some ppl like their comfort zone of sin, so they block out the convictions and guilt feelings the word of God gives them. You should not be one of such people. The fact that u are always looking for answers and reasons in religion section tells u that u are not done with Christ and He ain't done with u either. It means u are looking for something , maybe u do not totally understand what u are looking for. Babe, chill, calm down, breathe and now that your Spirit is leading u to this forum always because u are destined to know amd be part of the body of Christ Jesus. Pls do not drive the Holy Spirit away by greiving Him.
I am here if u need me sha. You can ask me whatever ques. u want to. We are all here for each other. That is why we all come to this forum, i believe. No one person knows it all. The Spirit will lead and guide us as it wills. My own duty i guess, is tonight. And i have been led here. Awwwn, I wish i could hug u right at this point . U know that bear kinda hug right? You are important to God and me, by extension of the faith. I love u girl! U have to run yoir race
. Do not give up. I do not mind longsuffering for you just to hear that u finally found truth in Jesus and u have peace of mind from knowing the truth... mehn, i have my own issues too oh, but i can longsuffer with u if i have to just to see u reedemed again.
Iron sharpens iron. We all need help and God has placed us on earth to help each other in the faith amd build an army for him(not war armies sha. But u get..)
You are special. I know it. Don't u see it too that u are? Babe, come on!
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by LikeAking: 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:
Happy Sunday everyone!

So my question is for the atheists, have you asked God to prove He exists and you didn't get a reply? Because I once did and got the images below. I won't say I was involved in an accident. Those pictures below, you see the pressed side where the arrow points, that's where I was sitting.

I remember that day I was going back home after going to check a house outside the state where I lived.

I was looking outside, enjoying the natural breeze, the trees, vegetation, and all. I asked myself, what if this is just nature, and there's truly no God as these atheists say.

Then I prayed a small prayer, "God, show me you truly exist." And in less than two minutes, the accident occurred.

God was telling me "If I wish, I could take your life, but I can use the smallest of things to preserve it." And truly, God has preserved my life in ways you can never imagine.

In that "accident" I was the only one with shattered glass all over my body. The funny thing was a man sitting close to me and his baby didn't even get a single glass on them. I was the only one screaming at the driver to open the door so we can get down.

Everyone was telling me to calm down and thank God for saving our lives, but that was because they were not sitting on glasses or had their body covered with them.

My opened bag was filled with glass. I struggled to get it out because it was where the bus compressed. While I was struggling with it, other passengers had come down and were looking for another bus or car they could continue their journey with.

When I finally pulled out the bag, immediately I came down from the bus, I saw a truck. I flagged it down, and it stopped. One of the persons inside actually came down to help me with my bags. They didn't pick anyone else.

Some passengers were asking if I knew them because of the manner they stopped and refused to pick anyone but me was strange.

But you see, God was telling me, "I will make a way for you where there seems no way."

I stand in awe of my God. You don't know what you're missing out not being under His grace.

I will continue the story of what happened in the truck below.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2020
ggirl4real:

Oh God reveal Yourself to me. Oh Lord reveal Yourself to me. Oh God reveal Yourself to me. Oh my God reveal Yourself to me. Oh heavenly God reveal Yourself to me. Oh God reveal Yourself to me. cheesy cheesy cheesy i don't think it's like that na.
If God answered everybody that says that in the way you are expecting, then there will be no need for faith. Without faith, you cannot please God.
What exactly do you want to see from God, you want to see His face, you want to hear His voice or what?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2020

Ok, I will
Pls edit my number from this comment . Been getting unknown call from a girl named patience from maybe Nl. Modiify pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Jesus The Prophesied Messiah? Let's Look At The Evidence. / All About Rastafarianism / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman-day Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.