Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? (2111 Views)

Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" / Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 1:02am On Sep 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CHRISTIANS ARE JUST FUNNY.
LOOK AT THE TWO SCENARIOS.

1. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. SHE SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMS A HUNDRED SOULS FOR CHRIST.
CHRISTIANS — WOW MIRACULOUS WORKING GOD.
MJBOLT — SHE'S LUCKY TO NOT HAVE FACED HARM CONSIDERING HOW TROUBLESOME MUSLIMS IN KANO CAN BE.
CHRISTIANS — IT CAN ONLY BE GOD. GOD PROTECTED HIS ANNOITED. THIS IS PROVE THAT OUR GOD IS ALIVE. [BIBLE VERSES].

2. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. GETS MOBBED AND KILLED BY EXTREMISTS.
CHRISTIANS — SHE DID HERSELF. WHY GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
MJBOLT — WHY DIDN'T GOD PROTECT HER?
CHRISTIANS — YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T QUESTION GOD. SHE KNEW THE DANGER BUT WENT AHEAD. OUR GOD CANNOT BE TESTED. HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. [BIBLE VERSES]

EXCUSES ARE ALWAYS LINED UP TO PRAISE THEIR GOD, AND PROTECT AND ABSOLVE HIM FROM ANY BLAMES OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
VERY WISE SYSTEM IF YOU ASK ME.

As in ehnnn, you really know them boss

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 1:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:

If you had gone through my writeup well, I'm not sure you'll be asking these questions. Did I in my write up insinuate God saved me from a misfortune? Nope.

He chose that way to show Himself to me. I was sitting close to the window where the arrow points. And if you look at the truck, you'll see it focused exactly where I was sat.

Now, if you think we are Christians so that God will save us from misfortunes, then you don't know what Christianity is all about. God caters for everyone, both believers and unbelievers. He sends rain to everyone. So you being saved from misfortune isn't a big deal.

We are Christians because of salvation. That way we know when our flesh dies, we are not gone. We are going to be transformed and live again. That is what Jesus Christ came to ensure.

If you don't believe that you will live again after physical death, that's your problem. But I do, that is why I'm a Christian.

Money, wealth, riches, peace are just additions. But let's not be distracted by the main message, which is eternal life.

So, with this analogy, what will happen to our ancestors who weren't Christians and lived lives that weren't good enough
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 1:20am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

So, with this analogy, what will happen to our ancestors who weren't Christians and lived lives that weren't good enough

Lives that were not good enough? Trash can straight. In clear words, condemned already.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 1:22am On Sep 20, 2020
Image123:

Lives that were not good enough? Trash can straight. In clear words, condemned already.

So, your assumption is that they didn't good lives because it was their choice right?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 1:32am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

So, your assumption is that they didn't good lives because it was their choice right?

Lol @choice. The conclusion, not my assumption, is that lives not good enough be thrown in the thrash can. And you better be good enough else you join them too. Heaven is not a place for lives that were not good enough. You can prepare your own heaven for them as you care very deeply.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 1:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Image123:

Lol @choice. The conclusion, not my assumption, is that lives not good enough be thrown in the thrash can. And you better be good enough else you join them too. Heaven is not a place for lives that were not good enough. You can prepare your own heaven for them as you care very deeply.
What if we're results of our environments and our culture shapes is into what we are? You mean these people will regardless of what makes them what they are will end up in hell?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 1:53am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

What if we're results of our environments and our culture shapes is into what we are? You mean these people will regardless of what makes them what they are will end up in hell?

What if you were a plant or animal? You mean that plant and animal will not "make heaven". Heaven is not looking for completion or for people whose lives are not good enough. Get good enough or shape out. Heaven is not a private secondary school looking for more pupils.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 2:39am On Sep 20, 2020
Image123:

What if you were a plant or animal? You mean that plant and animal will not "make heaven". Heaven is not looking for completion or for people whose lives are not good enough. Get good enough or shape out. Heaven is not a private secondary school looking for more pupils.

We aren't talking about plants or animals. I don't think the Bible makes reference to that, I'm talking about humans here. So, God creates and destroys at his own will regardless of what led to the circumstance relating to the action and inactions of an individual right?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 3:27am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

We aren't talking about plants or animals. I don't think the Bible makes reference to that, I'm talking about humans here. So, God creates and destroys at his own will regardless of what led to the circumstance relating to the action and inactions of an individual right?

i thought you want to give excuse so i helped you to fully give it. Circumstances have consequences, actions have reactions. All men came from Adam. If some decided to be un-informed, or deformed, some decided to be lazy or illiterate, their seed will also bear the consequences. Very little to do with God's will here. Ever seen the children of poor parents, or parents with wrong genotype combos?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 4:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Image123:

i thought you want to give excuse so i helped you to fully give it. Circumstances have consequences, actions have reactions. All men came from Adam. If some decided to be un-informed, or deformed, some decided to be lazy or illiterate, their seed will also bear the consequences. Very little to do with God's will here. Ever seen the children of poor parents, or parents with wrong genotype combos?

"All men came from Adam" Do you have any evidence to prove this claim?

"If some decided to be un-informed or deformed" You think this is a matter of choice?

"Very little to do with God's will here." If God knows everything from even before one was born, then i think we can say that it's his will or?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 5:03am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

"All men came from Adam" Do you have any evidence to prove this claim?

Not interested.

"If some decided to be un-informed or deformed" You think this is a matter of choice?

Whose choice? The subject here is the suffering descendants.

"Very little to do with God's will here." If God knows everything from even before one was born, then i think we can say that it's his will or?

So here i hope not to be speaking with blockheaded atheists, i don't have time to waste.
Knowledge doesn't equal your will. i can know everything about your health status before you, doesn't mean it is my will. A lot of assumption in your statement too, but that is BTW.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Judybash93(m): 5:24am On Sep 20, 2020
Image123:

Not interested.

Whose choice? The subject here is the suffering descendants.

So here i hope not to be speaking with blockheaded atheists, i don't have time to waste.
Knowledge doesn't equal your will. i can know everything about your health status before you, doesn't mean it is my will. A lot of assumption in your statement too, but that is BTW.

I see, I'm a blockhead atheist. Enjoy your night
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 5:39am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

I see, I'm a blockhead atheist. Enjoy your night

Don't mean to offend you BTW, just that nothing is more truth than it is. The Bible says i would be sounding totally foolish to you, and probably vice versa except you get into the same wavelength of faith. Enjoy your week.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by orisa37: 6:09am On Sep 20, 2020
GOOD QUESTION. I AM AFRAID OF REALITY AND THE TRUTH.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by orisa37: 6:13am On Sep 20, 2020
orisa37:
GOOD QUESTION. I AM AFRAID OF REALITY AND THE TRUTH.

YOU WANT ME TO FACE GOD, OH NO.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2020
Judybash93:

Weren't good enough or were good enough?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
I'm not an Atheist, nor a Christian but I've asked God to reveal Himself to me severally but all to no avail

I've fasted for days, prayed and lived a practical Christian life but I have not heard anything

I don't like dwelling on one thing forever when it looks like a futile journey so I had to give up on Christianity

If and whenever God chooses to reveal Himself to me, I'll be back.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
I'm not an Atheist, nor a Christian but I've asked God to reveal Himself to me severally but all to no avail

I've fasted for days, prayed and lived a practical Christian life but I have not heard anything

I don't like dwelling on one thing forever when it looks like a futile journey so I had to give up on Christianity

He is taking you on a journey. Don't worry, you'll be back.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
Nooil:

He is taking you on a journey. Don't worry, you'll be back.

I really hope so

I want to be a Christian but not by hearsay

I want to experience God personally

Until then, let me enjoy my unbeliever's freedom

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Liposure: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2020
Everything that happens around us today is caused by fate. God is aloof but still in control
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Is that why you have been like this. sometimes it doesn't work like that
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
Is that why you have been like this. sometimes it doesn't work like that

How does it work?

Give me practical and workable answer
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

How does it work?

Maybe your pastor or any body that surrounded you where teach the good word of God. I want make a deal with you, if I invite you to my Church and within two months, you are not singing a new song, then I will deactivate from nl. sometimes where we are matters. you can be in a church that limit, because the pastor cannot give what he don't have. I can boast of God that if you met him the right way, you won't be saying what you are saying. Are you in for that deal??

Note: Christianity is not magic. it is a process. it is a way of life. if
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

How does it work?

Maybe your pastor or any body that surrounded you where teach the good word of God. I want make a deal with you, if I invite you to my Church and within two months, you are not singing a new song, then I will deactivate from nl. sometimes where we are matters. you can be in a church that limit, because the pastor cannot give what he don't have. I can boast of God that if you met him the right way, you won't be saying what you are saying. Are you in for that deal??

Note: Christianity is not magic. it is a process. it is a way of life. if you stay in that process, that is where the blessings come
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:

Note: Christianity is not magic. it is a process. it is a way of life. if you stay in that process, that is where the blessings come

I still attend church and fellowship once in a while

Nothing makes sense to me except gospel music

Maybe if I will ever return, I will be transformed through music

Most times, I stay at home and play gospel music on Sundays. Sing, dance and jump in the house. That's the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

The Bible does not make sense to me because I believe that since I was not there to witness when those Bible events happened, I can't prove that they actually happened. For that reason, I just refuse to believe.

On your suggestion, it is not workable for me because I have a special level of hatred for Pastors, especially those who have no jobs aside the church. I see their churches as business centres. What this means is that a Pastor cannot convince me because I hate them.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I still attend church and fellowship once in a while

Nothing makes sense to me except gospel music

Maybe if I will ever return, I will be transformed through music

Most times, I stay at home and play gospel music on Sundays. Sing, dance and jump in the house. That's the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

The Bible does not make sense to me because I believe that since I was not there to witness when those Bible events happened, I can't prove that they actually happened. For that reason, I just refuse to believe.

On your suggestion, it is not workable for me because I have a special level of hatred for Pastors, especially those who have no jobs aside the church. I see their churches as business centres. What this means is that a Pastor cannot convince me because I hate them.

This is a deal. Try prove me wrong. We are in a forum of millions of people, they are watching. We can start the count down. Even I give one month. Just four Sundays and if you don't encounter Christ in a whole new way, I will deactivate my account. Are you ready
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
This is a deal. Try prove me wrong. We are in a forum of millions of people, they are watching. We can start the count down. Even I give one month. Just four Sundays and if you don't encounter Christ in a whole new way, I will deactivate my account. Are you ready

I would like to accept the challenge but I can't

I live with my husband and he won't accept that I attend another church when I refuse to follow him to his own.

I want peace in my home, at least he doesn't force me to be a Christian nor follow him to church.

You can be praying for me sha (although I believe that prayer does not work)
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I would like to accept the challenge but I can't

I live with my husband and he won't accept that I attend another church when I refuse to follow him to his own.

I want peace in my home, at least he doesn't force me to be a Christian nor follow him to church.

You can be praying for me sha (although I believe that prayer does not work)
That means you shouldn't be criticizing Christians here. Many pastor have mess up. they have make people start doubting Christ and his good work on the cross, but that doesn't mean Christ hasn't complete the work of salvation. All it takes, is to hear the word of God from a different angle that they have heard it before. So madam please find a way to reconnect back to Christ. If your husband church is not doing well with that, convince him to find a new church. remember, Christ is coming soon. And on that, your husband will not stand for you. it is you and Christ. Though I want peace for your marry too, but know that it is a personal race. thank you and have a blessed day
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by ggirl4real: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
That means you shouldn't be criticizing Christians here. Many pastor have mess up. they have make people start doubting Christ and his good work on the cross, but that doesn't mean Christ hasn't complete the work of salvation. All it takes, is to hear the word of God from a different angle that they have heard it before. So madam please find a way to reconnect back to Christ. If your husband church is not doing well with that, convince him to find a new church. remember, Christ is coming soon. And on that, your husband will not stand for you. it is you and Christ. Though I want peace for your marry too, but know that it is a personal race. thank you and have a blessed day

Yes, the pastors have contributed but the bulk of the blame goes to God.

I mean, why does one need to beg forever before God can reveal Himself to people?

How do you just expect everyone to just believe that there's a God without tangible proves?

It can't work like that
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Yes, the pastors have contributed but the bulk of the blame goes to God.

I mean, why does one need to beg forever before God can reveal Himself to people?

How do you just expect everyone to just believe that there's a God without tangible proves?

It can't work like that
What do you mean by reveal. Do you want to see God's face.
And be side, let me ask you this question. why did you think your husband will not allow go to another church, my guess is that, your husband's will must be done. And if your husband is like my Father, there is nothing you tell him that will make him accept. So it is. There are some things about God that you can't possibly question. it is his will, just like your husband's. You cannot change that. Do you know who God is. God is not your husband or president buhari that you can question. There are some things you cannot tell buhari to do, he won't. that is a man not to talk of the Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and Earth and everything in it. If you want evidence, that fact that you can breathe is enough evidence. Do you know how this body was formed. Or you think is the sex you did that creat human. How can a tiny little water that you can't see with your eyes produce a human. Is that not enough proof that there God. What you want is not evidence that God exist, you know God exist. You have doubt about God because of your past experiences. Please don't because of your doubt bring the wrath of God on you
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I really hope so

Just go easy with the unbeliever's freedom so you don't have a lot of regrets when you're back. Typing from experience.

When you choose God, one single backsliding and the devil will do everything possible to destroy your life before you make it back to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by delkuf(m): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I really hope so

If you want to experience God personally, can you just with an unbiased mind go to him in prayer. pray as if you are talking to someone. Tell him to proof himself to you. only him can reveal himself to you. And do this believing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch Mummy G. O Chilling And Enjoying Life In Dubai (video) / What Language Did Adam And Eve Speak? / Drinking Alcoholic Beverages: What the Bible Has to Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.