Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,071 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 (60239 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Imo Airport: DJ Barbie, Others Survive ( Video) / Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

Seems you don't realise this is 1983 and such sums were unheard of.
what rubbish are u saying? in 1984 ,my dad who was just an average distributor for haco bought 2 cars for 16k... this is an unheard of average trader o.. what is 200k for sb like Arthur nzeribe in 1983??

4 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
what rubbish are u saying? in 1984 ,my dad who was just an average distributor for haco bought 2 cars for 16k... this is an unheard of average trader o.. what is 200k for sb like Arthur nzeribe in 1983??

16,k in 1984.

Are you sure?
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Ak47young(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
So in 1983 we had calibri font. Not typewriter oya na

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
lildush:
People donating 100k were big boys.. 100k in 1983 is worth 2million now
more like 15 to 25mills now

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

16,k in 1984.
Are you sure?
no, I'm not sure about my own parents

I guess you are

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Austino778: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Before august 2021,the project wil definitely commence.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
no, I'm not sure about my own parents

I guess you are

We are talking 1984 here not 1994.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
cooooooks:
We don't teach our history well enough.
of a truth..
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Bekool(m): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
MetaPhysical:
How are we sure these were donations to fund an airport? Where is the authenticity to prove this claim?
grin

Oga this are real donations from imo people i personally remembered when my late dad donated #100 for this airport project back then. I dont know if there is any video records of the fund raising ceremony the op could have also posted it here for doubting people like u.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

We ate talking 1984 here not 1994.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.
In 1984 dad purchased brand new peugeots 404 pick up van and 505 salon for 16k plus.. till date,mom makes reference to it anytime our discussions centres on inflation and how good things were in the past..it wouldn't be my fault if ur lineage hadn't set eyes on 1k as at then now,would it?

10 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Cherez: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
mu2sa2:
1983! Abeg wey de errport in 2020? Fake donations. Ipob deceiving ipob.
How can you wake up and ask of the whereabouts of a known international cargo airport in Nigeria?
Bros Google Sam Mbakwe International Airport
Try and get enlightened a bit before you come online to argue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by tiredoflife(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartProf:
Wow...no act of charity or kindness no matter how small is ever wasted. Weldone to the donors. I just hope the person who wrote the donations up there with plenty cancellations, remitted the whole money

Must u confirm that you are born stupid shocked cool
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Amacaco: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
The Launching took place in 1986 and not 1983 at the AbaTownship Stadium under the government of Ike Nwachukwu in IMO state. Chief M. O Kanu donated N50, 000 after castigating those who gave N250,000.for giving too little. I was there in person.

6 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
[q

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ogbonti: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
To think that these people rose from the very ashes especially the demonic policy of £20, to embark on such gargantuan project only concretise the myth behind the Igbo man.

Bro - Awolowo sat on that money sef, didnt give it to them and yet they prospered

Most Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani Billionaires got their money from oil well allocation and government contracts

Am not Igbo but I doff my hat for the resilience of the Igbo race in making money

To imagine this was just 14 years plus after the civil when every Igbo person lost virtually everything is amazing

---- And then there was no yahoo yahoo ooooo - all these men made their money right here in Nigeria - damn it, I give it to the Igbos! grin

9 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by toolovely(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
I also donated 100 naira for the airport when I was in primary 1 in 1987

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ArcFresky(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

Replicate same feat in your region na, abi is anybody hindering you guys?
For your info Ethiopians weren't subjected to harsh economic policies like abandoned properties and £20 policy. The Igbos under took this project under these evil policies.

Lol, is that why you all Re coming to lagos/west...?
Why don't you all keep your shops in the south east...?
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Abagworo(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
lildush:
People donating 100k were big boys.. 100k in 1983 is worth 2million now

About 30 million now

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
To think that these people rose from the very ashes especially the demonic policy of £20, to embark on such gargantuan project only concretise the myth behind the Igbo man.
I laff at those thinking they are marginalising or holding the igboman down... they imagine they are throwing hurdles on the igbomans tracks...

what does hurdles do for a training sprinter??

yes ur right ,it builds the calf and thighs for further successes.. the igboman may be held down for now,but believe me capacity and ability is being built and human resources are being founded and refined... aggressively

no stopping the Igbo man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ArcFresky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
ogbonti:

Bro - Awolowo sat on that money sef, didnt give it to them and yet they prospered

Most Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani Billionaires got their money from oil well allocation and government contracts

Am not Igbo but I doff my hat for the resilience of the Igbo race in making money

To imagine this was just 14 years plus after the civil when every Igbo person lost virtually everything is amazing

---- And then there was no yahoo yahoo ooooo - all these men made their money right here in Nigeria - damn it, I give it to the Igbos! grin

Stop blowing your trumpet, historically traders were usually from the north or the south west.

Check history, successful traders usually originated from the north and west.

It was china and the allure of cheap standard goods that brought aboug Igbo prosperity in trading.

It was also the Igbos that introduced counterfeit goods
Used car importation
Spare parts
Substandard drugs or posions

Oil only brought easy money. Since there was no easy money for the south westerners, all they had was trade or die in poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by supereagle(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
yanabasee1:

Because, as at 1983, Buhari was warming up to destroy the country's economy and pre-1983 the people had a better economy and a better welfare and less taxation...

Pre-1983, Nigeria was competing with US economy and had better currency exchange rate favourable to the black marketers across the country....

People could easily make donations without having to pay tax in the process...Unlike today's stamp duty charges and other transaction charges.......

Pray that hatred for Buhari won't kill you. IBB introduced SAP which destroyed our economy. We had anti sap riot in 1989.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
ArcFresky:

Lol, is that why you all Re coming to lagos/west...?
Why don't you all keep your shops in the south east...?
Lagos is not nomanlsand if that is what ur provoking him to say lol

Lagos is everyman's land.. as long as ur Nigerian and has capacity to compete,Lagos is all yours

but good thing is... onitsha and aba are also everyman's land .. it's all yours too for competing and infact taking over

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Alwaysachick: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
But in 2020, na Buhari all of them dey shout upandan. undecided
The date(1983) still screams Buhari : cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ogbonti: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
ArcFresky:

Stop blowing your trumpet, historically traders were usually from the north or the south west.

Check history, successful traders usually originated from the north and west.

It was china and the allure of cheap standard goods that brought aboug Igbo prosperity in trading.

It was also the Igbos that introduced counterfeit goods
Used car importation
Spare parts
Substandard drugs or posions

Oil only brought easy money. Since there was no easy money for the south westerners, all they had was trade or die in poverty.

I am not Igbo - so where is my trumpet in this your fictional musical band? grin

8 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Onepeople: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Thank God my uncle was part of the donor's , posterity will judge u well his majesty LATE EZE INNOCENT OGWUMA ELOAGU .may ur gentle soul continue to rest in the bosom of the lord,man of peace ELUAMA ISUIKWUATO AND ABIA STATE WILL CONTINUE MISS U.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by alfredilly: 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

This also go to show your the subtle lies peddle by Igbo playing victim after the war. Yes there was destruction but Awo also effectively oversea the rehabilitation and rebuilding. The 20 pound myth was a product of failed bargain that affected some but not all biafra citizen. Those who have money in Nigerian bank with proof got their money back. The 20 pound policy was implemented to take care of those who came back with biafra currency, the source of which could not be ascertained. How do you excuse people who stole and printed illegal note during the war and came back requesting it to be exchanged with Nigerian currency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ArcFresky(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Lagos is not nomanlsand if that is what ur provoking him to say lol

Lagos is everyman's land.. as long as ur Nigerian and has capacity to compete,Lagos is all yours

but good thing is... onitsha and aba are also everyman's land .. it's all yours too for competing and infact taking over

It's good that you said that but are the igbos ready to allow other people to come to their land to help them developing.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

Replicate same feat in your region na, abi is anybody hindering you guys?
For your info Ethiopians weren't subjected to harsh economic policies like abandoned properties and £20 policy. The Igbos under took this project under these evil policies.

Abeg free those bad belle people..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.