Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 (61128 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Imo Airport: DJ Barbie, Others Survive ( Video) / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by lildush(m): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
People donating 100k were big boys.. 100k in 1983 is worth 2million now
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
Community project. If a few people perhaps with some support of the government could build airports back then, why do modern day government borrow outrageous amounts to renovate existing airports?
you are intelligent... Underated comment !!!
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by TheMostComplex1: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartProf:
Wow...no act of charity or kindness no matter how small is ever wasted. Weldone to the donors. I just hope the person who wrote the donations up there with plenty cancellations, remitted the whole money

Your last line cracked me up

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Omoslim26: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Yen yen yen yen yen.

[s]Shut up there and get out. angry
[/s]
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by KennyRohn(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
No. 49. Mr. Arthur Eze.....
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by selemempe: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which future generation?

Btw, where is lamidi cownu, the god of ipob miscreants?

I thought he has established biafuro embassies in 500 countries. undecided

why are Afonja buhari supporters senseless

4 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by toprealman: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Men.....
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ugo4u: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
ArcFresky:

Ethiopia is building a $4.2 billion dollar dam using government money and donations from civil servants....

Although laudible, nothing mystifying about the igbo mam here
Replicate same feat in your region na, abi is anybody hindering you guys?
For your info Ethiopians weren't subjected to harsh economic policies like abandoned properties and £20 policy. The Igbos under took this project under these evil policies.

6 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Goddys(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
ChiefS:
I was a kid then. The fundraising was held at the Aba sports stadium. The patriotic efforts of the donors are quite commendable. I hawked pancake outside the stadium on that fateful Saturday with little hope of boarding an airplane. The rest is history. To God be the glory.

Your story is motivational. The future is bright for me

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by heckymaicon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
But in 2020, na Buhari all of them dey shout upandan. undecided

Bros you too mumu. Yusuf seff no dey defend him clueless dad like this.

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
But in 2020, na Buhari all of them dey shout upandan. undecided
jealousy of Igbo industry and success will continue to make u and ur likes reason like degenerates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Abagworo(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Imagine! Just few years after the Civil War, Imolites donated such sums (in billions of Naira today) to build that Airport.

Dee Sam Mbakwe remains the best Governor of Imo State.

The Governor then was Ike Nwachukwu and the Imo then included Abia and parts of Ebonyi
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Tonimax: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Yen yen yen yen yen.

Shut up there and get out. angry

Seems to be a BMC comes with brain deformation

You argue a lot with unreasonable sentiment not with fact
So because u are pained he should now get out

Its 2020 bruv look beyond ur #30,000 allawee
Mehn naija get people sha
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by cooooooks(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
We don't teach our history well enough.

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s] Yen yen yen yen yen.
Shut up there and get out. angry
hahaha... too much for u to bear?
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
AsabaPropertyAg:
I can see Arthur Eze's name on the list, this philanthropist has been doing good for over 3 decades.
u gat good visual fields..

iji Anya!

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
Born2Breed:
grin

Igbo's must be respected.

They are great people, just like the air they rose despite Nigerians trying to put them down.

The most annoying part are those leeches who have nothing but get everything.

U can say that again n again...

same can also be said about the great Edos
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Czarugo007: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
mu2sa2:
1983! Abeg wey de errport in 2020? Fake donations. Ipob deceiving ipob.
your forefathers were busy fucking cow those days

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by okoroemeka(m): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

Hmmm.

If it wasnt typed in 1983, why the figures in ink?

I also doubt such figures were being donated in 1983.

No vex.
pls don't doubt the igbo man when it comes to money matters,anyway that no 5 is my inlaw Eze M O kanu,ochirizuo of arndizuogu, Imo state,he imports stockfish in shiploads then and the owner of agura hotels Abuja,a very very wealthy man .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Goddys(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Arthur Eze donated 100k in 1983 which is equivalent of N100m today at the age of 35.

Some of us can't boast of 50k in 2020. God which way we go follow?

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Czarugo007: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
This airport made it difficult for me to build now,the only place I have in my kindred is the place airport authorities said I can’t build a duplex.all my farmlands taken,the remaining was used to construct airport road leading one out of the airport.should I rejoice or cry.my people donated land willingly without thinking about we the future generations.inside life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
deavicky:
the government itself is very stupid, they can arrest u, for helping them to repair road. There was a time I had an opportunity to grade a road in area with my company's grader, I was advised not to it, that someone was arrested for repairing government road. only the government can fix road or can give permission to do individual to so.

Aswrrrrr....

A guy wanted to do it, but he was refuted
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rgade:
That was when igboland had leaders.
Today we have ugwanyi and ikpeazu.

Chairman, you forgot SUPREME COURT GOVERNOR
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rgade:
That was when igboland had leaders.
Today we have ugwanyi and ikpeazu.

Chairman, you forgot SUPREME COURT GOVERNOR
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Ultraf: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chirowman:
this one is Arthur Nzeribe of Awo-omamma former senator

It's Arthur Eze, and not Arthur Nzeribe.

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
pls don't doubt the igbo man when it comes to money matters,anyway that no 5 is my inlaw Eze M O kanu,ochirizuo of arndizuogu, Imo state,he imports stockfish in shiploads then and the owner of agura hotels Abuja,a very very wealthy man .

Seems you don't realise this is 1983 and such sums were unheard of.

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Cherez: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which future generation?

Btw, where is lamidi cownu, the god of ipob miscreants?

I thought he has established biafuro embassies in 500 countries. undecided

Why jumping around?
Stay focused
A region built an airport on donation by individuals after a war ravaged them but today this govt is paying millions to a foreigner to design Air Nigeria's logo & now incessant loan applications and you are so dumb to even stay to argument
Kanu hasn't brought Nigeria down worse than our political elites (before you talk nonsense, both Igbo and non-Igbo leaders)

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by AmazingELixir: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
When Naira still has value...
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
fjjc:

Then let all bury our differences and come together as one people. If Igbo is seeking for presidency, they must assure everybody of good governance that devoid of nepotism.
how many assurances did fulani buhari give to you before u supported him,... how many did obasanjo give

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by CsRockefeller(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Guys, have you heard of the Alaigbo Stabilization Fund setup by the S.E Governors Forum and Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo?

It's gonna be a game changer for the Igbo nation.

With remittances from abroad and contributions from the 5 states, we are going to be unstoppable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Saw On The Street Of Port Harcourt / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.