Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 (60240 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Imo Airport: DJ Barbie, Others Survive ( Video) / Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ugo4u: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
alfredilly:

This also go to show your the subtle lies peddle by Igbo playing victim after the war. Yes there was destruction but Awo also effectively oversea the rehabilitation and rebuilding. The 20 pound myth was a product of failed bargain that affected some but not all biafra citizen. Those who have money in Nigerian bank with proof got their money back. The 20 pound policy was implemented to take care of those who came back with biafra currency, the source of which could not be ascertained. How do you excuse people who stole and printed illegal note during the war and came back requesting it to be exchanged with Nigerian currency.
You're a revisionist, the 3Rs initiated by Gowon was never implemented what the SE and in extension some parts of the SS is today is based on personal efforts of the people and nothing related to any useless policy or govt support ..

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

Hmmm.

If it wasnt typed in 1983, why the figures in ink?

I also doubt such figures were being donated in 1983.

No vex.

That u never see that amount by that time no mean say people no get am. Abeg

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
Evercurious:

That u never see that amount by that time no mean say people no get am. Abeg

You people are kids.

Most Nigerians had never seen two thousand Naira in cash as at 1984.

Not to talk of 50 thousand Naira.

Remember, this was supposed to be the period the "tyrant" Buhari was ruling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

Seems you don't realise this is 1983 and such sums were unheard of.

Well you never heard but noe you know they existed..

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Mightyhaiz: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
ArcFresky:

It's good that you said that but are the igbos ready to allow other people to come to their land to help them developing.
lol.. u are not being fair with this statement... what do u mean they don't allow other people.. ?

can u buy a land for 70milliin and invest like 400 Mills in say owerri? will u in all honesty?

for instance we have a family property up for sale in orlu for 40 Mills,.. tell ur people if u don't have. enuf... I prefer to even sell it to a non indigene

pm me if ur interested

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

16,k in 1984.

Are you sure?

Oga abeg go wash face and leave people that have and still seeing touching and feeling good money. Okay?

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
In 1984 dad purchased brand new peugeots 404 pick up van and 505 salon for 16k plus.. it wouldn't be my fault if ur lineage hadn't set eyes on 1k as at then now,would it?

Gwa ya biko

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by kolafolabi(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Did anyone notice that those texts were typed by a computer and not type-writing machine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
[s]
Evercurious:

Oga abeg go wash face and leave people that have and still seeing touching and feeling good money. Okay?
[/s]

I've told you, you are a kid.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
ArcFresky:

Ethiopia is building a $4.2 billion dollar dam using government money and donations from civil servants....

Although laudible, nothing mystifying about the igbo mam here

True it isnt mystifying but it is rare.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Evercurious(f): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

You people are kids.

I m no kid Mr man.. I tell you again that if you never saw good money as at that time , it's a pity cos I did. My mum sold hollandaise wrappers and had 4 shops. My dear I saw good good money okay?

Not even to talk of the Igbo men especially Anambra men that usually change their wives' wardropes after every child birth.. I mean ALL their wrappers.. And maybe you never knew the cost of 1 of those wrappers

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

We ate talking 1984 here not 1994.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

Even back then, people were seeing millions. Was that not the era of Abiola's generosity?
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Myself2(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
NOTHING IS TOO SMALL FOR IMO AIRPORT

If you know the above, then you no be today meat

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Akaegwu(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
My dad donated 1,400. The airport is built in my local government. The receipt for the payment is still available in his document box.

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Conrod: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
mu2sa2:
1983! Abeg wey de errport in 2020? Fake donations. Ipob deceiving ipob.
ALMOST 40 years later,you still cant spell AIRPORT correctly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by MetaPhysical: 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mods abeg remove this fake record from front page.

This is not official record for the airport. It is unauthenticated. Official record from FAAN, airport authority, differs from this individually sourced and uncertified claim by OP.

I attach official record below. Follow link for additional clarity.

Im asking that this thread is deleted.

https://www.faan.gov.ng/owerri-airport/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Princedapace(m): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which future generation?

Btw, where is lamidi cownu, the god of ipob miscreants?

I thought he has established biafuro embassies in 500 countries. undecided

Guy, stop this.. Are u really happy with how Nigeria is? I sincerely want and wish a better black race. The black race has suffered too much.. for how long are people like u going to continue protect the same politicians who loot this country dry?

Gush, we are really sick.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Imagine! Just few years after the Civil War, Imolites donated such sums (in billions of Naira today) to build that Airport.

Dee Sam Mbakwe remains the best Governor of Imo State.

because Sam Mbakwe had the people trusts

that why person like kanu is very dangerous

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Munzy14(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
A document that contains a comprehensive list of major donors for the construction of Sam Mbakwe airport in present day Imo state, as posted by Sam Hart, this is the only airport in Nigeria and the west African region to be built by the people. It is worthy of note that this was done barely 13years after the fraticidal Civil war that almost wiped out the economic power of the then eastern region. Honestly, the resilience, never die spirit and industry of the Igbo man ought to be studied and replicated across Nigeria. I buy into the school of thought that the Igbos have the key to unlock the economic potential of Nigeria.

This is a great piece of history. May our names be in the good books just like Mordecai when history is revisited.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hartng/status/1279719874282037251
kudos brother for this.... I had tears reading this as an Imolite.

I saw very wealthy guys of that era, of which Engineer Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu is still alive and kicking.

Many of them on that list are late, but left fortunes for their generations.

people like.. F. U Anyanwu, John anyaehie whose descendant is still the Imo governor COS now.

I also saw hyde onaguluchi the enugu man with cash.

Ewoo!!! Even Chief I O nwaodu... wow these are rich men of their time.... legacies

7 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ChoCho54(f): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Bekool:

My late dad also donated #100 i can still remember.
I'm from owerri. My late dad didn't stop talking of how they donated to build airport.

4 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ChoCho54(f): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Munzy14:

kudos brother for this.... I had tears reading this as an Imolite.

I saw very wealthy guys of that era, of which Engineer Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu is still alive and kicking.

Many of them on that list are late, but left fortunes for their generations.

people like.. F. U Anyanwu, John anyaehie whose descendant is still the Imo governor COS now.

I also saw hyde onaguluchi the enugu man with cash.

Ewoo!!! Even Chief I O nwaodu... wow these are rich men of their time.... legacies
My father donated and he was not a rich man

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by NaijadrivaCars: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Is Kanu a Governor
MondayOsunbor:

because Sam Mbakwe had the people trusts

that why person like kanu is very dangerous
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ChoCho54(f): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

You people are kids.

Most Nigerians? Say most yoruba mooslims. Igbos never needed government patronage to survive, even though they are taxpayers.

Saibabar2032

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ChoCho54(f): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Yen yen yen yen yen.

Shut up there and get out. angry
You are a creation of Igbos. Your prototype is in their hands to manipulate and recreate at will.
That's why you can never ever argue logically or sensibly cos you are remote controlled by Igbos who won't stop until they remote egungun to the express. LoL

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by mu2sa2: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Conrod:
ALMOST 40 years later,you still cant spell AIRPORT correctly.
Hahaha, when the airport fails to materialize after 40 years, it can only be an err-port.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by olawonder(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
To think that these people rose from the very ashes especially the demonic policy of £20, to embark on such gargantuan project only concretise the myth behind the Igbo man.

Abeg where una dey get all dis big big grammar? Na inside English language all dis words come from? Sho!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Is Kanu a Governor

in term of working with the people to achieve great things
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Cherez: 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
grandstar:
ugo4u

Sound economic policies is what will unlock the potential of the country and not Igbos
The Chinese are also very entrepreneurial but under communist China, they became desperately poor. It was economic reforms that started in 1978 that made China what it is today.

Without Igbos, Nigeria can become an economic powerhouse. Botswana has no Igbos yet it is developed.

This does not devalue or take anything from the Igbos. They are very entrepreneurial and industrious
I agree that Naija can thrive well without the Igbos but the Igbos don't practise communism in economics.
The economy of the Igbo man is entirely on a capitalist structure while they also come together as town unions (eg all over Lagos, you'll see buildings owned by these town unions) for social & community building

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Cherez: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Phenom10101:
Please we should correct this nonsense. It was never a civil war, it was a genocide committed against the blessed people of Biafra by the Nigerian Cannibals called soldiers.
Bros, it was � a civil war and never a genocide.
The genocide happened before the war
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ogunkpa: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
okotorikpo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.