Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. (7486 Views)

Ex-governor Lamido's Supporters Scale Airport Fence To Welcome Him (PHOTOS) / Warning To All Nigerians On Insults On PMB - Cramjones / El-rufai Retweets Insults On President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Muza(m): 3:56am On Feb 04, 2011
^^
Howz the insults different from the ones we heap daily on obj,atiku,ibb,gej and co and other corrupt politicians
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by W3xy1(m): 6:11am On Feb 04, 2011
the useless m0r0n don block his facebook page 5 hours ago
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2011
Navi:

@ Chuks and oyb, keep GEJ out of this. U r part o d blind pple dat alwaz disrespect dia leaders, GEJ has been anointed by God to take Nigeria to dia promised land, u pple can't stop God.

what a re-tard. you belong in the middle ages when kings were God's representative on earth. what nonsense.please tell us your state so we can stick it to you properly. are you from the nd or therabouts? were ibori, alams, odili, kalu, mbadinuju , igbinedion and co also anointed by God?

disgraceful, brain washed twats .
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Druss(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2011
Navi you are an idiot and I am being insulting to idiots.

GEJ is GOD-anointed's president for Nigeria. Are you mentally ok? Do you know when last that kinda language was used in the Western World - Prob before George the Mad who was British emperor when the US fought successfully for its independence.

In the UK, John Prescott was stoned with an egg. Tony Blair was insulted regularly during his time. You do not arrest people for insulting you!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2011
Below is the what Mukhtar wrote on his fb page;

Moukhtar Ibrahim Aminu
"ALLAH KA WARGAZA SULE LAMODI DA SAURAN TSINANNUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KA WALAKANTA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KATONAWA SULE LAMIDO DA ABOKANSA ASIRI, ALLAH KA TSIYATA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, AMEEN DUK NA ANNABI YACE AMEEN"

Translated into English, it means;

"O Allah destroy Sule Lamido and the rest of his friends, O Allah disgrace Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah curse Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah expose Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah inflict poverty on Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends Amen and all those for prophet Muhammad (SAW) say Amen.”

But isn't this a bit too extreme undecided

Why did the boy have to rain curses on the man . . . I think he needs to be taught a lesson or two! undecided
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2011
Druss:

Navi you are an and I am being insulting to idiots.

GEJ is GOD-anointed's president for Nigeria. Are you mentally ok? Do you know when last that kinda language was used in the Western World - Prob before George the Mad who was British emperor when the US fought successfully for its independence.

In the UK, John Prescott was stoned with an egg. Tony Blair was insulted regularly during his time. You do not arrest people for insulting you!
Absolute rubbish. In England there is no culture of directing vitriolic abuse or raining bitter curses on people. Those curses won't even be published in the first place.
Fine you can criticize a leader's policies and programs or even his actions but it should never descend to the gratitously personal level.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

Absolute rubbish. In England there is no culture of directing vitriolic abuse or raining bitter curses on people. Those curses won't even be published in the first place.
Fine you can criticize a leader's policies and programs or even his actions but it should never descend to the gratitously personal level.

grin grin grin aha but this is Africa , Respect for our elders has been washed away with the liberating influence of western culture of pedestrian criticism grin
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Druss(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

In the UK there is no culture of what?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10619063 - Isnt that an example,

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/collection/the-v-sign/biography/v-for-get-stuffed

Even watch a video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTiI1e-wVc - of the Prescott stoning.

Because I am based in Surulere doesnt mean I dont know the world around me. The British political scene is full of expert yabbers who would yab you and you wouldnt know!!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
Druss:

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/collection/the-v-sign/biography/v-for-get-stuffed
Even watch a video -
Because I am based in Surulere doesnt mean I dont know the world around me. The British political scene is full of expert yabbers who would yab you and you wouldnt know!!
You just don't know what you are talking about. You think you can shout abuse at a politician at a meeting and not be thrown out.
You think freedom of speech means the freedom to curse and abuse people?
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by favouredjb(f): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2011
Druss:

Even watch a video -

grin grin @bolded

well,i agree with you that yabbing leaders is a world wide phenomenom,but this guy took it too far

and besides,in Africa u av to respect your elders
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by lastpage: 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2011
@favourdjb
well,i agree with you that yabbing  leaders is a world wide phenomenom,but this guy took it too far

and besides,in Africa u av to respect your elders
Even if that/the ELDERS DONT RESPECT THEMSELVES?

C'mmon, lets get real, for once!
The last time l checked, Respect is supposed to be Reciprocal?

"ELDERS" that mortgage the "future of younger ones" are not only disrespectful of themselves, they are disrespectful of our tradition, culture and moral values!
Nuf said!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Druss(m): 6:09am On Feb 05, 2011
tensor777:

You just don't know what you are talking about. You think you can shout abuse at a politician at a meeting and not be thrown out.
You think freedom of speech means the freedom to curse and abuse people?

Are you now changing goal posts - tensor. Now I dont know what I am talking about.

It is even worse for you. I dont believe in freedom of speech. I believe freedom without responsibility leads to anarchy.

From what I have seen Lamido deserved the insults. It is funny that the thing pain am so much.

If he is cursed and abused - how does that justify wasting taxpayers money to put the guy in jail for some time? Been thrown out is different from being sent to jail. Wisdom would have dictated that he delete the prayer from his wall and then 'invite' the poster to his home for dialogue. This throwing into jail has made the situation popular!!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2011
Druss:

Are you now changing goal posts - tensor. Now I dont know what I am talking about.

It is even worse for you. I dont believe in freedom of speech. I believe freedom without responsibility leads to anarchy.

From what I have seen Lamido deserved the insults. It is funny that the thing pain am so much.

If he is cursed and abused - how does that justify wasting taxpayers money to put the guy in jail for some time? Been thrown out is different from being sent to jail. Wisdom would have dictated that he delete the prayer from his wall and then 'invite' the poster to his home for dialogue. This throwing into jail has made the situation popular!!
Well Lamido is human just like the rest of us. You cannot sit down in your room and postulate that he should not clamp down on such an uncouth fellow if you have not walked in his shoes.
It is not as if the guy delineated any points of agreement he had with Lamido. On the contrary he just issued blood curdling curses which were quite worrying from a security perspective.
What is it to you anyway if the governor decides to use the arm of the law against him? I just don't get your argument. That the guy should not be punished  because doing so would give publicity to his insane rants. Then you are confusing[b] expediency[/b] with morality and legality which is quite a common trait of some Nigerians. SMH
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2011
@tensor the issue is heavily weighted in sentiments and for a good reason; This is a Court of Public Opinion (which weighs poorly on Lamido's Government). Lamido may institute legal actions just as some governors did to some Media houses (rather than raiding their offices and locking them up). No one is debating Mubarak's legality on the seat of Government, Public Opinion is just heavily weighted against him. If Lamido had taken teh Legal route, I am fairly certain (it is within his means anyway) he would have won a judgment in his favor and proceed to deal with the lad without any Public Sentiments railing him day and night. Unfortunately when a person in such position feels offended, there is a trailer load of MOPOLS to send to beat the shizzle out of a fast-talking nigguh
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@tensor the issue is heavily weighted in sentiments and for a good reason; This is a Court of Public Opinion (which weighs poorly on Lamido's Government). Lamido may institute legal actions just as some governors did to some Media houses (rather than raiding their offices and locking them up). No one is debating Mubarak's legality on the seat of Government, Public Opinion is just heavily weighted against him. If Lamido had taken teh Legal route, I am fairly certain (it is within his means anyway) he would have won a judgment in his favor and proceed to deal with the lad without any Public Sentiments railing him day and night. Unfortunately when a person in such position feels offended, there is a trailer load of MOPOLS to send to beat the shizzle out of a fast-talking nigguh
I don't care about public opinion as far as this matter goes. The guy just needs to be taught a lesson that talking anyhow should bring a CONSEQUENCE.
Leadership is not a popularity contest in any case. Sometimes they do need to take unpopular decisions which they deem to be in the overall public interest.
Exodus 22:28Thou shalt not curse the ruler of thy people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track / Bukhari Bello Is New INEC Boss / Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.