Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? (51934 Views)

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Crochet: 7:39am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmm
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by able20(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2020
admeenat:
. Bros abbegg
Am seriously planning on migrating to UK u know man must hustle, but most of what u wrote above are really discouraging, and this s my first time i will be living in another mans country .
Can u give ur reasons why living in UK s capital NO? PLEASE REPLY, B4 I ENTER A WRONG COUNTRY.
You are the few still considering UK because you refused to follow the trends, UK is a yesterday country
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Luckybelt: 7:44am On Jul 07, 2020
legibow:
Even if you travel aboard you will come back one day now, is it my house you wanna come and stay or what... presently no road for travelling just complete your house
Are you saying the guy will hussle abroad and will not at least be able to complete the house before retirement?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Finish your house....the world is entering a recession, inflation is on the rise in nigeria + a masters degree won't guarantee you a job

Exactly
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2020
HITsquad:
"Abroad" that word itself is a scam... it's time we start re-orientating our youths on the reality of Abroad.

Out there is no longer what it used to be, things have changed. your chances of making it abroad is way slim these days.. and even skinny if you are a "Nigerian"(you know the rest)

When One person makes it and comes home... Everybody back home would think it's that simple, forgetting there are millions of Nigerians over there suffering. some are stranded, no papers, homeless and depressed.

All that glitters ain't gold, If you have capital establish yourself back home and keep pushing it step by step, Nigeria is a commercial Mecca that most Nigerians are not even aware of...

legit hustlers have less chances of becoming successful out here. street hustlers may have more chances of making it But then again 95% chances of ending up in prison for the rest of their life... or worse hanged/beheaded if it's a Muslim country.

In conclusion, everything is destiny sha...

Nice comment
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2020
able20:

You are the few still considering UK because you refused to follow the trends, UK is a yesterday country

You still haven't answered his question..tell him why the UK is a bad place for him
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 7:55am On Jul 07, 2020
Imobright2004:
Hello please my brother, build house and you can still continue with your masters in nigeria after all you can apply to visit abroad, please there is no money in abroad oooi the work we do here we use it to pay bills, except you want to involve in bad business which is not good, because there is no bail here ooo

But if you want to further your masters you can do it in Canada and nor any other place

Best advice so far
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:

Any reason?

Yes
It is hard to get residency after university
It is easier in Canada and Australia
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2020
admeenat:

DONOT GO DONOT GO DONOT GO,
Any reason please??
I insisted on UK because that is d only place my connection s solid.

Go then.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2020
SoccerUSA:

Which one are you in presently?
Or which one are those 15 people in already?
You just mislead people anyhow with the information y'all heard from 'Dem says'

Anyways it's left to the OP to decide the best for him. Because right now I'm very sure he is more confused than he was

I am in Canada. My sister is in UK
I am not misleading him
And like you said the choice is his.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Emmyjean: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2020
Assuming I'm still in Naija I will leave sharp sharp.
There are many many and more opportunities for genuine hustlers out Nigeria, as long you are ready to work.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2020
Sarang:

Yes
It is hard to get residency after university
It is easier in Canada and Australia

Yes if you are unable to get a graduate job under tier 2 visa, if you do then within 6-7yrs you are a citizen or at least PR holder.

Don't waste your money and time coming to the UK to read courses that are not in demand else you will join moaners club
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by chris51(f): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2020
Oracle55:
Please my fellows i need your advice, i am in between 2 choices. I have this land i just bought and wana build my house i have fenced it and out gate but i am thinking if to use the money i got to develop the land or i use it and travel abroad (uk ) for my masters pls advice me.

For those abroad is it easy there and can i get a good job after my masters or i should remain here in Nigeria and get married?

I will need to sell my car and properties if i am to travel.

Please help move to front page for more views and suggestions thanks

In the name of God, please complete your house. If you have no permanent stay, living abroad is a nightmare. If you have permanent stay, it will take you sometime to settle.

If you have a house in Nigeria, you can rent it out.
Good luck
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2020
aronski:

Its hard to make decisions of moving on in life but when you do "It will be one of the best decision you have ever made in life" but when it doesn't, it becomes
one of the worst...
All this Nairalanders giving you this advise, have u sit to ask yourself if any of them were in this situation you are, will they even try to take such decision?
Bro! U can make it wherever u find yourself, the fact u already have a land already fenced and ready for construction purpose shows u have gone far but why try live everything to go somewhere else and start at 0 with the aim to reach 100 when u are already 20 in where u find yourself.
I won't say much but when u live I want you to know that;
A man u saw in a 1 room apartment before u live might own a house of his own before u are back/u eventually come to check things out here,
And a woman u left without a child will have one before u are back/u eventually...

But always know it will still take u time to grow there no matter how opportune the environment is...
No fear! U go make am!

Wow! Love this

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2020
Bossman25:
Oga complete your house and move in.
Abroad is not a Goldmine that when you go there, everything will be rosey.
Intact in that your land do Agric business join and be earning money before your start building. Or if it is in a remote area, build am like that do Agric business later, or any other business. Package am, advertise on Instagram and Facebook, earn money, systemize your business....just dey sleep dey wake dey earn money. Don't waste it on Abroad travel.
Make it here in Naija. We that don't even have a little of what you have self, get self believe that we will make it big in Nigeria.

On point

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

My own opinion is if u are a Christian, pray to God first about it. We are all human beings nd limited in things pertaining to the future, God knows what is ahead of u.
It might eventually be either of the two ideas or none of the ideas. God knows better, pray to him and ask for direction,he will surely direct ur path.

You have said it all
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by admeenat: 8:26am On Jul 07, 2020
able20:

Guy I just want to get out of this fuckkkking country, as far where am going to their is job, security, power etc
Am tired of this country, I cannot raise my kids in this suffering.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Skymoore1004: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2020
From the bottom of my heart, I don’t care about what you say.
JBArokonkwo1:

Oga sir,for countries like USA and Ireland that also give post study work visas,is it automatic renewal after the expiration? U make it sound like UK is any different from these countries own!
The two years post study visa is to enable buy time to try and get a permanent residence permit as well as a job with a sponsor.....changing to tier 2 visa.
Many people want to leave nija and trust me they don't mind changing their current profession or course just to get something to keep them permanently in the UK. An accountant in nija can go to the UK and switch to nursing after doing masters in UK just to get a sponsor to change visa to tier 2.
Stop discouraging people. Also tell them the pros and stop reeling out the cons. People need to hear about the two sides,not one side...... especially the discouraging ones!
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Skymoore1004: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2020
and it’s U.K. you thought about? I feel sorry for you. You go still come back to this fuckkkking country after lmaoooo.
admeenat:

Guy I just want to get out of this fuckkkking country, as far where am going to their is job, security, power etc
Am tired of this country, I cannot raise my kids in this suffering.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by admeenat: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
and it’s U.K. you thought about? I feel sorry for you. You go still come back to this fuckkkking country after lmaoooo.

grin, kindly enlighten me on why UK is not a gud place??
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by coolflame7: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2020
omorttee4u:
Travelling at this time of Pandemic. You better use your money to build a house. After Coro is completely clear, you can go there as tourist. Don't just take unnecessary risk .
No sense at alllll
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Skymoore1004: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Don’t have such time pls, start from page 1 & read different views on U.K.
You know the funny part? even if you find out that U.K. is the worst place on earth for aspiring immigrants, you will still go because you’ve already put all your efforts and mind there. Asking me to enlighten you is just to get my time wasted & I don’t have such time to waste pls. Goodluck with your U.K. dream
admeenat:

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2020
admeenat:

Are you really expecting a factual answer or hearsay?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by ChiefB: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020
sonnie10:
Continue what you were doing that gave you that money in Nigeria.
Most people abroad with masters degree can’t afford to buy land and fence it and even have more money left to build.

Trust me you are doing well by all standards. Find a way do your masters in Nigeria in a less stressful way. Maybe weekends.
Continue to grow your investments and don’t get carried away by those glitters you see on social media from the abroad people.

The major problem with traveling is getting a work permit after your study. You don’t ever want to put yourself in that situation.

Guy, here is your best advice so far. Every part of this world is bedeviled with peculiar problem but people succeed in them. In Nigeria you stand a better chance, follow these advice and avoid unnecessary showoff and attention, then you'll be safe in Nigeria
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by admeenat: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:

Are you really expecting a factual answer or hearsay?

I need facts please
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by laoludavid(m): 8:59am On Jul 07, 2020
Sorry to digress. I have HND in agriculture (pest management /entomology). Which foreign country can I travel to for MSc or to further my education in agriculture and what is the chances of getting a good job.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by FabulousAutos(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2020
KennyRohn:
Complete your house.... Because by the time "abroad" finishes with you, and you come back with only one "Ghana must go" bag, you'll have somewhere to stay.
Bros.....make your investigations properly before leaving this "land flowing with milk and honey" called Nigeria.

One of the best advise so far.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 9:10am On Jul 07, 2020
admeenat:

I need facts please

What are coming to do in the UK?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2020
With what you have Bro and assuming you're below 30y/o, do these things:
1. Forget about marriage or relationship for now.
2. If the area is habitable, build a low budget bungalow for yourself and Tenants.
3. Do your Masters in Nigeria (for now).
4. Continue with what got you that money (if legit).
5. Start up a side business here in Nigeria and grow it.
6. Save enough to then do another Masters Abroad (US or Canada) after the pandemic.
7. Jet a better job, marry and settle there.

All these you can achieve before you turn 40, best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by zoogy2007: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2020
All of them are advising u to get out of Nigeria. Why haven't they left? they are the ones that will encroach on your property when you leave. better stay here and lets rescue this country together.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by FabulousAutos(m): 9:34am On Jul 07, 2020
lexy2014:

If u see visa to travel to this abroad that u say that there's nothing, will u reject it?

My answer is capital YES, except if the opportunity for a stable job and valid documents are guaranteed. During my last trip to US, I was offered an admin job by a nice friend in his own private company and I was tempted to take it but when I was briefed of the things I have to do to get immigration and police off my back, I thought of the risks involved which include sacrificing my job down here to live like a fugitive if I eventually overstay my visa. Mind you, it is a crime to work with a tourist visa. Of course I value my freedom more than anything so I'm glad I made the right choice. I am currently working hard to finish my house here in Lagos because I plan to relocate legally to a better country which has more value for ethic diversity and work life balance. I still like it here but my major drive is the fact that my kids deserve better.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by TWservices: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Carmal90:

Pls what is the average cost of running a South Africa Master?

About 2mill would cover tuition in good schools like UCT and UoJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Landlady Discovers Dirty State Of Toilet After Dirty Tenant Moved Out (Graphic) / Contact Us For Your Building's P.O. P Ceiling, Screeding And Pillar Designs. / 600 Years Old Castle Listed For Sale In Italy For €13million (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.