Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? (52027 Views)

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by golddust6000(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
hefeeluv:

so bro are you saying a system engineer earns 2k euro in uk .
cause am in my finals in computer engineering trying to move my way to europe
UK don’t use eur, in Germany programmer receive 2800 after tax.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Mile22: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Gerrard59:
Nairaland is a good comic relief. grin

Nairaland nah cruise!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by olaboy1: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
You earn around 45,000 euros/ yr in Germany before tax as a systems engineer or software developer. (2800euros/month after tax)
If you know a sure pathway to secure indefinite leave to remain in the UK, then I would strongly advice you to stick with the UK.
UK is the best country in the world to be an economic migrant with very little or no glass ceilings. Na the Pali be the issue my guy.
All the developed western countries have similar salary structure and social benefits but the racial discrimination is not something you want to deal with in your long-term career.

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Talk2david1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
joepepsy:
See your mouth, naim boys for London never occupy Lagos.
u sound pained, do you think everyone's ambition in life is to occupy a shithole like Lagos? U obviously haven't traveled anywhere in your life
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Talk2david1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
fabienjoe:

What do you know about the UK? You are the type that work only with calculators - £1000 to Naira! If I work in 4 places and earn £10/hr, bla bla bla.. Rubbish! UK is toast. Very educated Nigerians are stuck there in Toilet Cleaning, wiping old people's bum, Security Guarding and other demeaning, horrendous jobs..These are people with UK Masters and PhD's..No job for them. They can't even conveniently pay their bills, never mind save. Most are neck deep in credit card and sundry debts..There are few success stories but the odds of falling into the former category are far higher..Bad as Nigeria currently is, most Nigerians have a much higher chance of success and decent life here than in the UK..
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla rambling rambling rambling
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by joepepsy(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
My first daughter is 12 year old here in Swiss.. Idiot.go find your mate.
Talk2david1:

u sound pained, do you think everyone's ambition in life is to occupy a shithole like Lagos? U obviously haven't traveled anywhere in your life
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
Tango123:

Listen to those telling u not to go to uk.

I am in UK, and i know they said the truth.

If u must come to UK, come if u are in medicine or nursing. If not, or u are not coming to study medicine or nursing or CBT or social work, DONT COME. Wait until they relax their rules. Or go elsewhere

I thought IT/Finance jobs are also in demand in the UK.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
justwise:

https://www.indeed.co.uk/Tier-2-Sponsorship-jobs

Register your profile, upload your CV and start searching for jobs, contact companies etc

Linkedin is another place to look at

Hi Justwise.

I'm going out on a limb and asking you this openly as I feel you might be in a much better situation to handle my enquiry please.

My wife is a nurse and is planning on migrating to the UK on a T2 visa so I guess that gives me roughly a 5-year stay if I'm to accompany her as a spouse right?

I plan on pursuing an M.Sc Finance/Data Science if I should move there too but my dilemma emanates from this seemingly general view that securing a good job after graduation is very difficult and rare. How true? Is it because of the short-tenured PGW permit? Are the racist undertones that big a deal?

I've trawled LinkedIn for Nigerian UK graduates holding finance jobs there, but my search has proved quite disappointing. Majority of them are back in Nigeria. Why is this so?

What advantage would the UK hold over say Ireland or Canada, in terms of securing a good finance job?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
Tinyemeka:

Hi Justwise.

I'm going out on a limb and asking you this openly as I feel you might be in a much better situation to handle my enquiry please.

My wife is a nurse and is planning on migrating to the UK on a T2 visa so I guess that gives me roughly a 5-year stay if I'm to accompany her as a spouse right?

I plan on pursuing an M.Sc Finance/Data Science if I should move there too but my dilemma emanates from this seemingly general view that securing a good job after graduation is very difficult and rare. How true? Is it because of the short-tenured PGW permit? Are the racist undertones that big a deal?

I've trawled LinkedIn for Nigerian UK graduates holding finance jobs there, but my search has proved quite disappointing. Majority of them are back in Nigeria. Why is this so?

What advantage would the UK hold over say Ireland or Canada, in terms of securing a good finance job?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

1. Yes 5yrs but after the first 3yrs you need to extend it in the UK.

2. Don't always believe some negative stories you read online, this link will guild you regarding appropriate course to study.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list employers are looking for people who studied any of those fields in that list, if your course in listed then your chances of landing a job is higher, however..you need to come out with good grade and start applying before you even graduate.

3. its not true that Nigerians rarely get a job after graduation but its very true that you will be frustrated and return to Nigeria if you studied a course that is not in demand, graduate with bad result and expect to be given a job because you paid a lot of money to study in the UK.

4. Yes racism is alive in the UK because its a white man country, the same way we have tribal issues in Nigeria, Igbos/Huasas /Yorubas hating each other. But even at that many still get a job both from Nigeria and the UK

5. Ireland is a younger brother to the UK, Canada and the UK are almost at the same level in terms on student route, but i think its quicker to get a PR in Canada but harder to get an admission and visa
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Tango123: 2:19am On Jul 16, 2020
Tinyemeka:

I thought IT/Finance jobs are also in demand in the UK.

They rarely trust foreigners, especially blacks, for finance jobs. I dont know much about finance jobs though. I spoke about what i know

Regarding IT jobs, i also dont know much about that too.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by legibow: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
it is possible
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by trilacos: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
A
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by deife(m): 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Rupect:
Please plan your way and leave but don't think UK. Look for other countries in US, Canada etc but UK is no no no.

Please expatiate on this. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Landlady Discovers Dirty State Of Toilet After Dirty Tenant Moved Out (Graphic) / 600 Years Old Castle Listed For Sale In Italy For €13million (Photos) / House With 'Animal Mouth' Entrance In Enugu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.