Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? (4608 Views)

Why Is It That Most Ladies Don't Want To Date Or Marry Their Age Mates? / Dating: Why Do Teens Lie About Their Age So As Not To Be Seen As A Minor? / Why Don't Women Like Domesticated Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by yazga: 8:14am On Jul 08, 2020
Jacktheripper:
Make Lewandoski sha win Ballon d'or this year.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by yazga: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2020
wink
lagusboyyy:
I even prefer how the OP construct the question. Its straight forward and precise.

You are the one conflicting it with your corrections.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by yazga: 8:16am On Jul 08, 2020
That wanno job matta na
Adeboyefa:
It's not women alone who reduce their ages. Both sexes reduce their ages on their CVs in order to get good jobs due to the high rate of unemployment.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by QuinModah(f): 9:29am On Jul 08, 2020
wink
doggedfighter:

Well captured
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by doggedfighter(f): 10:19am On Jul 08, 2020
QuinModah:
wink

A queen indeed. Much love girlie !

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by PerfectMatchNG: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2020
I think the romance section is going through some house cleaning phase.
Incredible128:
I love the way sensible comments were made on this thread , it shows we still have beautiful and intelligent nigerians ; this is how I think nairaland and Nigeria at large should be, not people bashing all the time and trying to form savage. God bless u all the commentors and God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Incredible128: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2020
grin
PerfectMatchNG:
grin
PerfectMatchNG:

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by QuinModah(f): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Pascopele: 9:36am On Jul 13, 2020
Yes oooo
PerfectMatchNG:
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
I've never lied about my age before and I'll never lie. undecided
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by brain54(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Preshieben:
how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2020
brain54:

how old are you?
undecided
You're free to doubt it.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by brain54(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2020
Preshieben:
20 undecided You're free to doubt it.
your concern whether true or not.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Leezah(f): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I don't have anything to say.. In short jmtjmtgatgajmtjtgamtjmt
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Martinez39s(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
The way girls are lying and not going straight to the point for obvious reasons known to redpill men. Never take redpill advice from women.

Cc. Blackneo, angelfallz, Omar09, FROGMAN101

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Bennysam: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Leezah:
I think because we live in a culture and society that values youth more than age, more so in women. A female goes through at least three distinct stages in her life, that of a child, a maiden, and matron. The peak in a woman's life if typically the maiden period in that they are young but considered women. It is like that sweet spot where they have that youth and beauty that men desire, and therefore men value women in this period more.

When she was a child she lived underneath her father's household, as a matron she is under her husbands care, but as a maiden she in theory has at least some control over where she goes after that.

When a woman is in that maiden phase, it is relatively short in relation to the rest of her life. Like ten years at best? And inevitably the woman will age out of this maiden period, and then more assumptions and expectations are piled on.

After the maiden age range, a woman is expected to be a mother and to be ferrying kids to soccer practice, and needs to get home to cook the meal for her family, people stop viewing her in the context of an individual but in the context of a family.

And I can imagine having people hearing your age, and automatically placing you in this context can be frustrating. Assuming that you are married, but if you aren't that you want to get married desperately, that you have kids, but if you don't, you want them desperately.

I read a critique of statistics of how hard it is for women to get married. Pretty much a lot of single fear mongering goes something like this: "It is harder to find a partner for A demographic, X% of A women are unmarried at the age of Y!". However, they never factored in the possibility that they were women who didn't want to get married at all. If I am 35 and single, it isn't because I "couldn't find a man", it is because I didn't want to get married. But people would automatically put me in the pitiful box, and that I must have tried really hard to get married only to fail.

But because of age there are so many assumptions are piled on a woman. So as a way to circumvent it a bit, women might lie about their age.
That's a very big lie , women around the world does
the same thing

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Leezah(f): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bennysam:

That's a very big lie , women around the world does
the same thing
Hasty generalization
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by FROGMAN101(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
Martinez39s:
The way girls are lying and not going straight to the point for obvious reasons known to redpill men. Never take redpill advice from women.

Spot on!

It’s Very funny many men don’t know what they are dealing with when they face women.

You are mostly degrading yourself in any sexual encounter with a woman so why trust the same women for red pill advice?

Some red pill men still want to be plugged into the matrix for fun reasons and while I won’t judge anybody, you just have to be careful.

I personally don’t trust most things that come out of a woman’s mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by paix(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
doggedfighter:
The fear of being referred to as evening newspaper..
Wether you are being referred to as an evening news paper or not. Ask yourself, are you one? If you are, why worry and if you're not, why worry?
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by angelfallz(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Martinez39s:

Lol. We can keep trying to educate them. This part of the red pill applies to women as well.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by angelfallz(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Well well well, in as much as many ladies have been saying their minds, on why women don't like giving their real age, i would like to correct one or two wrong impressions of this phenomenon.
1. this phenomenon is not unique to our society, it happens worldwide, yes, even in feminist countries like USA etc.
2. this phenomenon comes from nature.

Number 2 is the biggest and most important part.

Why do men prefer younger women?
Why do women feel uncomfortable with their age, when they are older?

Men prefer younger women because of SMV. SMV means, Sexual Market Value. This is just nature at work here. When a man is looking to build a family he naturally goes after a younger woman that embodies what he wants. this happens unconsciously.
But why a younger woman? because: a. younger women tend to be more fertile b. younger women have less complications during pregnancy c. younger women are the gold standard for youth and beauty.
this is nature at work
2 or 3 years ago a doctor i think funmilayo(favourite online doctor) on twitter made it known that a woman's most fertile period starts from her early 20s to her later 20s like 27, 28. This does not mean women in their 30s don't get pregnant, no. you can refer to "b" above.

Now, see one of the funny aspects of this phenomenon, women are aware about it (society or no society, culture or no culture), that is women are aware that they are approaching a stage when their SMV would drop and they won't be able to compete with younger women, in western culture it known as "women hitting the wall". Hence the lies about their age.
Women lying about their age, is not just about how other people perceive them, but also about how the women perceive themselves, they are also trying to lie to themselves, to convince themselves that their SMV is still high.

i would give an example that shows that women are aware, that they are about "hitting the wall" to borrow from the western slang.
i have a lady friend, a great lady, very nice, homely, everything you want from a good woman. she has her own hair saloon, she does make up, ties gelee etc.
But sometime ago while chatting about relationships she told me how frustrating it is for her. She is in her late 20s. The poor lady was almost in tears, she is outgoing, she can cook, she is religious, in fact perfect wife material but no relationship.

i asked her, are your parents putting pressure on you to get married?(she stays with her parents). she replied No. in fact her parents don't even mention marriage to her.
i now asked, so why are you beating yourself up? she replied, "i am in my late 20s fa!" those were her words.
so you see ladies and gents, even without pressures women know that they are approaching that wall.

The lady in question has been in relationships but her problems are: 1. meeting guys that just want sex and don't want to discuss marriage and 2. she is AS. That AS part has been her major problem according to her. To her AAs in the world have gone extinct.

Someone on the first page made mention of how previous generations embraced adulthood, but how millennials think, they can delay adulthood. Yes, that is true, because, feminism had not taken root then, as it has now.
Some women see feminism as liberating, but in my opinion Feminism is deceiving a lot of women, telling them "you can have it all" by in reality that is not possible.
i know of another lady she is in her mid 20s. she works in an oil company she wants to build her career with the company(nothing wrong with that). But she seems oblivious to the fact that building her career would take years, by the time she gets to where she wants to get to, time has gone.
That's one of the reasons why i say, feminism deceives women.

Men would always prefer women that are younger when looking to start a family or serious relationships, like i said before, it is only natural. The most obvious and popular example i can give is, Ned Nwoko and Regina Daniels.

If you want to understand more and want the bitter truth about SMV, Please read, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi

Cc. Martinez39s

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Munzy14(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Crownstar01:
Whatever, Mr. Lucifer. wink

The main reason women lie about their age is due to discrimination. They want to remain young.
Any other summary apart from this your comment, Is made in oluwole.

The high sales of cosmetics validate this.

Women age like milk, Men age like wine.

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Crownstar01: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
Munzy14:

Any other summary apart from this your comment, Is made in oluwole.

The high sales of cosmetics validate this.

Women age like milk, Men age like wine.
Thanks for your words to support me. Quite a number of people here don't really know anything.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Chenko001(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Pls can you guys try to make yours comments short and comprehensive. First two that I read was just a long piece of EPISTLE that has little or no point at all. Trying to read em all gon' take a whole 4 hrs or so. All these vocabularies makes it look like a diction or speech competition
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
angelfallz:
Well well well, in as much as many ladies have been saying their minds, on why women don't like giving their real age, i would like to correct one or two wrong impressions of this phenomenon.
1. this phenomenon is not unique to our society, it happens worldwide, yes, even in feminist countries like USA etc.

Men prefer younger women because of SMV. SMV means, Sexual Market Value. This is just nature at work here. When a man is looking to build a family he naturally goes after a younger woman that embodies what he wants. this happens unconsciously.
But why a younger woman? because: a. younger women tend to be more fertile b. younger women have less complications during pregnancy c. younger women are the gold standard for youth and beauty.
this is nature at work
2 or 3 years ago a doctor i think funmilayo(favourite online doctor) on twitter made it known that a woman's most fertile period starts from her early 20s to her later 20s like 27, 28. This does not mean women in their 30s don't get pregnant, no. you can refer to "b" above.

Now, see one of the funny aspects of this phenomenon, women are aware about it (society or no society, culture or no culture), that is women are aware that they are approaching a stage when their SMV would drop and they won't be able to compete with younger women, in western culture it known as "women hitting the wall". Hence the lies about their age.
Women lying about their age, is not just about how other people perceive them, but also about how the women perceive themselves, they are also trying to lie to themselves, to convince themselves that their SMV is still high.

i would give an example that shows that women are aware, that they are about "hitting the wall" to borrow from the western slang.
i have a lady friend, a great lady, very nice, homely, everything you want from a good woman. she has her own hair saloon, she does make up, ties gelee etc.
But sometime ago while chatting about relationships she told me how frustrating it is for her. She is in her late 20s. The poor lady was almost in tears, she is outgoing, she can cook, she is religious, in fact perfect wife material but no relationship.

i asked her, are your parents putting pressure on you to get married?(she stays with her parents). she replied No. in fact her parents don't even mention marriage to her.
i now asked, so why are you beating yourself up? she replied, "i am in my late 20s fa!" those were her words.
so you see ladies and gents, even without pressures women know that they are approaching that wall.

The lady in question has been in relationships but her problems are: 1. meeting guys that just want sex and don't want to discuss marriage and 2. she is AS. That AS part has been her major problem according to her. To her AAs in the world have gone extinct.

Someone on the first page made mention of how previous generations embraced adulthood, but how millennials think, they can delay adulthood. Yes, that is true, because, feminism had not taken root then, as it has now.

Cc. Martinez39s

If you people don't mention feminism even just once in whatever jargon you spew, you won't rest. Who did this to you guys?
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by kalufelix(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Too many long talk for this thread ... Their prime is very short and new girls are ripping every day...for example someone that was born at the beginning of the millineum is already hot @ age of 20... When they are 18 they may lie to be 21 just to get validation to engage in some stuffs...but when they are 28 they lie to be 24 to remain relevant and stay in the attention game because they must have learnt from their youthful years that men love them younger (mileage & fertility concerns) from the mans perspective... That for me is the biggest fakery and deception of all time...
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by kalufelix(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Chenko001:
Pls can you guys try to make yours comments short and comprehensive. First two that I read was just a long piece of EPISTLE that has little or no point at all. Trying to read em all gon' take a whole 4 hrs or so. All these vocabularies makes it look like a diction or speech competition
cheesy same here .. I was like wtf! With all the long talk when we all know the simple answer.
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Fake life

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by kalufelix(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Preshieben:
you don't have any need for it now baby... Time shall come

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by angelfallz(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

If you people don't mention feminism even just once in whatever jargon you spew, you won't rest. Who did this to you guys?

Lol. nobody did anything to me. it just had to be said. you can't deny/pretend feminism isn't there
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by ibkonekt(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2020
angelfallz:

this is nature at work

Some women see feminism as liberating, but in my opinion Feminism is deceiving a lot of women, telling them "you can have it all" by in reality that is not possible.
i know of another lady she is in her mid 20s. she works in an oil company she wants to build her career with the company(nothing wrong with that). But she seems oblivious to the fact that building her career would take years, by the time she gets to where she wants to get to, time has gone.
That's one of the reasons why i say, feminism deceives women.

Men would always prefer women that are younger when looking to start a family or serious relationships, like i said before, it is only natural. The most obvious and popular example i can give is, Ned Nwoko and Regina Daniels.

If you want to understand more and want the bitter truth about SMV, Please read, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi

Cc. Martinez39s

well said unfortunately women are allergic to logic. they will lie till they die
Re: Why Don't Women Like Revealing Their Age? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:32am On Jul 14, 2020
angelfallz:

Lol. nobody did anything to me. it just had to be said. you can't deny/pretend feminism isn't there

Putting feminism as the reason for every womanly problem sounds a lot like bullshit spilled by drunken dullards or tall tales passed around by ignorant fools. You should know better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Married Men And Women Pls Advice Me, Is My Wife Cheating ? / What Do You Have In Common With Your Partner? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.