Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? (3586 Views)

My Girlfriend Dumped Me. Now It's Working For My Good / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / All The Girls I Wooed Turned Me Down Despite My Good Looks, Stature & Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Should i quit my job or the marriage idea?

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Sweetboy96: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2020

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sorry is ya name. You go turn boyboy after 2 months when she gets tired of carrying you.

Lalasticlala this young man needs advice o.

13 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Do you wanna b at the mercy of a woman? Anyways if you can get a job over there and you are sure she's a good woman, go for it. Remember na online things and I doubt you know her real character

9 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by GreatMage: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
I can't believe an IT professional is actually saying this angry

In the world of Information Technology...
There are no boundaries!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by thesicilian: 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
Being at the mercy of a woman in a land where my parents are not around

Sounds like your parents still control a great part of your life. Are you sure you are even ready to marry in the first place?

6 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Buy large plots of land before leaving O! Over there could be something else.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by maxjax(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
GreatMage:
I can't believe an IT professional is actually saying this angry

In the world of Information Technology...
There are no boundaries!

me sef still dey wonder o

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by maxjax(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
hesilo:

What do you think guys?

my 2cent advice....find your way to canada. IT job pays more over there and they are in high demand. after some months invite her over, Nurses are also in high demand in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by ecolime(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
My younger brother took a similar step and he's better off for it today.

Personally, I CAN'T take such a risk. Not all women can cope with a struggling man yet to find his feet. With bills to pay, love is not just enough oo.

It's very dicey. Just pray about it and follow your heart.

10 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Twirelex: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. ?
boss na corper I be, I dey PH like this but I never get PPA. I go really appreciate your assistance...

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Aimerosa25(f): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
Follow your heart, ND do what's right for u.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Do you wanna b at the mercy of a woman? Anyways if you can get a job over there and you are sure she's a good woman, go for it. Remember na online things and I doubt you know her real character

Yeah...don't know her character much but she seems to be a nice girl tho. So ur advice is a no?
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
maxjax:

me sef still dey wonder o
Baba truth is that i have better opportunity in my current place of work and also kinda got a haunch to hit managerial position in time. Just wouldn't wanna go start serving white men perhaps have people I'm better than control me. sad
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
can your 400k give you job security tomorow? can it give you a good house, a good working space, take care of your immediate family n possible extended ones, can your salary keep away police intimidation n sars brutality? envy n juju from co staff or neighbours?
guy, as an IT man, better job dey U.S. dey wait you..relocate fast fast.

I dey Choba , pls I need job, incase you relocate

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
hesilo:

Yeah...don't know her character much but she seems to be a nice girl tho. So ur advice is a no?
Capital NO. But you can try.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
can your 400k give you job security tomorow? can it give you a good house, a good working space, take care of your immediate family n possible extended ones, can your salary keep away police intimidation n sars brutality? envy n juju from co staff or neighbours?
guy, as an IT man, better job dey U.S. dey wait you..relocate fast fast.

I dey Choba , pls I need job, incase you relocate
Yes. 400k will give him that. Do u know how many years he has been earning such? If he's diligent, he should have built his own house by now

7 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
hesilo:

Baba truth is that i have better opportunity in my current place of work and also kinda got a haunch to hit managerial position in time. Just wouldn't wanna go start serving white men perhaps have people I'm better than control me. sad
Mr, stay here. Atleast no racial nonsense and you can enjoy your money. When you have much money, u can visit abroad for holidays whenever you want. Be here and send ur kids abroad. You mustn't live abroad for your kids to study there.

11 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Bola146(f): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
As for me, it's very risky! Starting all over again there. Tell her to come and spend some days with you in Nigeria first, then follow your heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by baralatie(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
you earn 400k per month in pH Nigeria and you are courting somebody who is lives across the Atlantic ocean!
something is wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
if u said u were quitting your job for further studies overseas then i might understand but for saying u quitting ur job in naija cos u want to get married to a woman who is based in yankee means u lack focus.
guy u need to have priorities and know the things that are important in life
u marry this woman and she will now turn u to houseboy.ur job will be of washing plates and cleaning her car in the mornings b4 she goes to work
and while she comes in the evenings u will now service her in za oza room.is that the kind of life u want for urself?

11 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by boom99(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
A friend got married to his doc. Fiance. He left his good job and went to USA. They are doing well. If the girl is a good xtain u no go get issue

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by austine4real(m): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
Think deep B4 u leave oo

Abroad no be beans .

If u going make sure u have saved enough just incase .....

Bros I need job oo

I don't mind if it's 50k per month
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2020
Bola146:
As for me, it's very risky! Starting all over again there. Tell her to come and spend some days with you in Nigeria first, then follow your heart

She would be coming this November...Her family is abroad tho, but she said she would wanna come to spend sometime in Nigeria and we perhaps use the opportunity to bond too. She's spending the stay in Nigeria with me tho

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2020
I really don't think that's what she wants tho. She's actually is the person who wants me to come over and has more encouraging words that i would get a job quicker since I'm in IT. I still get your point tho my only fear is going there to get a job where i will have to put in more effort to count. I already have gotten to a supervisory position here and would be heading for a higher position in no time, otherwise i would be considering her advice without a second thought
lefulefu:
if u said u were quitting your job for further studies overseas then i might understand but for saying u quitting ur job in naija cos u want to get married to a woman who is based in yankee means u lack focus.
guy u need to have priorities and know the things that are important in life
u marry this woman and she will now turn u to houseboy.ur job will be of washing plates and cleaning her car in the mornings b4 she goes to work
and while she comes in the evenings u will now service her in za oza room.is that the kind of life u want for urself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2020
Thank you i want to hear more of this kinda feedback so it would energize me. Thanks for sharing.
boom99:
A friend got married to his doc. Fiance. He left his good job and went to USA. They are doing well. If the girl is a good xtain u no go get issue
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by stanliwise(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

What do you think guys?

Hook her on the neck too by telling her to get a ready job for you over there if it can't happen then omo run o
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2020
Your choice to make.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2020
Is anything wrong with that?....does boundaries hold relationships in today's world? In fact i actually met her while i was surfing the net in my office and we have been cool for the 8months now. So what's the heck?
baralatie:
you earn 400k per month in pH Nigeria and you are courting somebody who is lives across the Atlantic ocean!
something is wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2020
stanliwise:
Hook her on the neck too by telling her to get a ready job for you over there if it can't happen then omo run o

Like is that even possible?....wouldn't i be interviewed?....how would it be achieved?
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Ayemileto(m): 11:43am On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

Like is that even possible?....wouldn't i be interviewed?....how would it be achieved?

It's Possible.

Interview can be done online.

Just tell her to keep sending you open opportunities there.

But what makes her think the US embassy will give you VIsa self?

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ayemileto:

It's Possible.

Interview can be done online.

Just tell her to keep sending you open opportunities there.

But what makes her think the US embassy will give you VIsa self?

Like is it not possible for me to get a VISA if i'm married to her inclusive of the fact she's also a citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! I Love Her But I Dont Feel Comfortable Going Out With Her Because Of This. / Why A Woman's Past Matters....I Come In PEACE oo / We Broke Up But She Still Calls Everyday. Is This Right ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.