Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (68418 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FG Suspends Reopening Of Schools, Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ovoP(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
ChristoBam:

Lol SS2 and SS3 writing WAEC? When their academic calendar is also paused?
If all students resume in January or so, how will SS2 students write WAEC alongside SS3? They still have about 3 terms to go through before they can write it. Everything will continue as normal.

Social distancing in Boarding house? Supervisors? Ni SS3 students? Lmao.
I understand your point, but can you say d pandemic will be over after losing an academic year. This same kids hawking around and playing around don't you know it's dangerous for their education...
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Karlifate: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
Jabarzee:

It not ending anytime soon, not even in 2yrs time
Some people think the virus will vanish before the end of 2020.
I laugh them.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ChristoBam: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
ovoP:
I understand your point, but can you say d pandemic will be over after losing an academic year. This same kids hawking around and playing around don't you know it's dangerous for their education...
When a kid hawks around and play around and then gets Covid19, the blame will be on the parents. But if they get it in school, the blame is on the Government.
Also, choosing to play around is a personal choice. They could have chosen to stay at home and not go out until it's necessary. But when schools are opened for final exams, you have no choice. You have to resume in school. If your school is outside your state, you have to resume into the boarding house.

Health Professionals are giving a timeline of January for the vaccines and cure. So let's wait till then. We might also be lucky that the number of infected will go down drastically. Let's see how things play out. One thing I know is resuming right now does not worth the risk.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Karlifate: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Investnow2017:

The way things are going people will now be getting married at advanced age - 40+ for men, then fortunate ladies 30+ cheesy
Come to think of it. You 3 years in kg, 8yrs in pry, 7yrs in secondary, jamb wahala for say 2yrs, University minimum of 5yrs depending on your course of study, 2yrs NYSC, now to the saturated job market. Meanwhile you had started yr kg at 3.
After a job, you need to save to settle down. Oh dating. By the time you set, gray hair is just around the corner not so much for your advanced age but the accompanying agonizing stress! The times are true critical just as God has foretold, 2nd Timothy 3:1

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ovoP(m): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
ChristoBam:

When a kid hawks around and play around and then gets Covid19, the blame will be on the parents. But if they get it in school, the blame is on the Government.
Also, choosing to play around is a personal choice. They could have chosen to stay at home and not go out until it's necessary. But when schools are opened for final exams, you have no choice. You have to resume in school. If your school is outside your state, you have to resume into the boarding house.

Health Professionals are giving a timeline of January for the vaccines and cure. So let's wait till then. We might also be lucky that the number of infected will go down drastically. Let's see how things play out. One thing I know is resuming right now does not worth the risk.
all these are wishful thinking.. First off they won't be a vaccine in January, with the ridiculously small amount of test we do per day the cases can only increase and not reduce. Also, world population is about 7.2 billion, it will take more than a year for the vaccine to get to everyone.. The virus also isn't fatal to kids.. we are talking of only those in graduating classes here ooo.. those in boarding schools can even be tested on resumption.. there's enough space in the school to accommodate students in graduating classes..

Cases will not stop increasing or reduce anywhere in the world. you just have to manage it..

countries like US and Brazil will soon do away with Corona virus .. because d virus has already spread throughout the country.. International flights will soon resume. now tell me when a this will end.

You didn't factor in the probability of never getting a vaccine.. The sooner we learn d better.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chillychill(f): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

No one is disputing the virus isn't here to stay... What FG is trying to do is to simply prepare adequate safety precautions for schools. It's possible but might take a little time..

Its better students resume and with a good health than resuming and things start falling apart!!!!

Ess sir shebi u said adequate safety precautions abi oya since dem don announce say no school which adequate precautions dem don start abi dem no no say school go open? It's simple dey don't care as long as it doesn't affect dem directly dey don't care n d fact dat u kip defending dem makes me think ure one of dem either directly or indirectly undecided

Nigeria lockdown doesn't affect voters and market vendors because government needs voters to stay in power and also need the market open for tax purposes but students are severely affected because their children attend prestigious schools overseas whose curriculum is still running thanks to online distance learning.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ChristoBam: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
ovoP:
all these are wishful thinking.. First off they won't be a vaccine in January, with the ridiculously small amount of test we do per day the cases can only increase and not reduce. Also, world population is about 7.2 billion, it will take more than a year for the vaccine to get to everyone.. The virus also isn't fatal to kids.. we are talking of only those in graduating classes here ooo.. those in boarding schools can even be tested on resumption.. there's enough space in the school to accommodate students in graduating classes..

Cases will not stop increasing or reduce anywhere in the world. you just have to manage it..

countries like US and Brazil will soon do away with Corona virus .. because d virus has already spread throughout the country.. International flights will soon resume. now tell me when a this will end.

You didn't factor in the probability of never getting a vaccine.. The sooner we learn d better.

Stop saying it isn't fatal to kids. I personally know someone 15 years old that died in May of Covid19. So many young people are dying of Covid19. Death is just far more common in old people. Doesn't mean young people are totally safe.

No matter the percentages of kids that can die for Covid19, we shouldn't be experimenting with their lives. Every life is fucking important.

Also apart from the vaccine we should wait till testings increase drastically in Nigeria and the cases drops also. Nigeria tests about 3k people per day. So the number of people with the disease is highly underreported.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by euniselfyahoo: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
Well done sir.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Pacesetter123(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chuksmonika:
that is the irony here bro, but please, am not holding brief for FG at all!
Ok
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by IamgratefulLord(f): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
tunary:
Sometimes you preachers get me confuse. What does it mean to have Jesus Christ?
To have Jesus in your life means to allow God control your life and live a life of holiness. Avoid sin, pray to God, study His word( Bible) and keep His words. To accept him it's free and you can say this prayer attached to this comment and you will see a turn around in your life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by mustaphagreens(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
VickyRotex:

lol okay. The 56 made me wonder if we were still on the same topic. grin

Well, how's that going for you? undecided

It's been fun. embarassed
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by VickyRotex(f): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
mustaphagreens:

It's been fun. embarassed

fun but you're sad undecided
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by YemyTemmy: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
God2man2again:
. No! No! No! This is not going to be accepted. How can you use continuous assessment to determine results? or to determine the work of 6yrs? How?

So only exams will determine that a child is learning....the world has moved on from Una chalk-and-talk kind of education!!! ... The more reasons we have graduates who can't profer solutions to simple societal problems....we only cram and pour and after exams everything is gone

Wake up!!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Chuksmonika(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
nelsonose:

Safety my foot. Are local markets not opened? Are political gathering and activities not being held? Don't our kids interact in their neighborhoods and move about in the streets? Now interstate travel restrictions have been relaxed and your dare talk of safety?
I can't imagine a nation toying with the future and destiny of her citizens and country by recklessly shutting down schools when under the same conditions other social-economic activities of lesser or insignificant values are allowed to blossom. This is quite shameful. Shameful indeed!
Take it our leave it, it is either this govt is grossly competent or there is something it is hiding with reference to the education sector and that is what playing out now.
If the education and health ministers cannot get a way round the corona virus pandemic to open school as other sectors are being opened, they should honourably resign their positions. Nigeria is greater than few individuals plunging the country backward.
Enough is enough!
bro, you have said it all, you couldn't have said it any better, is not like am supporting or holding brief for FG, i for one allign myself with what you just said, they are hiding something as regards our education sector, it is only youth that can rescue the country, but that can't happen until we come together and do it

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by NwadykExcel(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Agu bugodu ihe na-agu m

Bleep The Government.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Coolgasman(m): 6:47am On Jul 10, 2020
That's not even knowing exactly when the Vaccine will be ready in 2021. Could be April, June, only God knows
SirWarlock:
Once again another good write up from you. Wish nairaland had better emojis sad
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Coolgasman(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2020
They keep saying "when it is safe to do so". There would never be a time when it is safe to do so until a vaccine is being made. Everything can't stand still until then. We should be laying down strict measures to curtail the spread while people go on about their lives. The number of cases will continue to be on the up due to the country's initial carelessness about the virus and the dilapidated state of medical facilities. If the numbers dramatically go down in Nigeria without improved facilities, adequate number of testings or a vaccine, it means all those numbers NCDC were feeding us would be plain hoax.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by tunary(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

To have Jesus in your life means to allow God control your life and live a life of holiness. Avoid sin, pray to God, study His word( Bible) and keep His words. To accept him it's free and you can say this prayer attached to this comment and you will see a turn around in your life.
Alright thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by DaRuud(m): 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
ifytrik:
It will not be well with those dwarfs that invented corona virus

It won't be better for anyone who is using COVID 19 to siphon money and put alot of people in hardship

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.